Isekai Genre

What are your opinions on the ever-growing flood of Isekai titles flooding the market, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U7qQ6pxlP3c
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Devil_Is_a_Part-Timer!
volarenovels.com/release-that-witch/
shalvationtranslations.wordpress.com/dungeon-defense-toc/
skythewoodtl.com/fanfic-gifting/
baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Mushoku_Tensei
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I only like them when they try something different.

I'm a sucker for them on paper but the vast vast majority are tripe.

Also when is fat cat tats coming back to MT?

Not soon enough I can tell you that

Tan athletic catgirls are too rare

Is Leda the first isekai anime?

Isekai is easy fun, at least I try it before dismissing it for it's "genre"

Isekai about a guy who just wants to SoL as a pizza man? please sauce

Is Dungeon Defense isekai kino?

i knew it was coming

That looks tasty

I don't mind it. I'll take ANYTHING over the generic Japanese high school setting.

I wish there was more Isekai like Gate, where the MC is just godlike compared to the civilization he's landed in.

dome are decent, some are bad, some are edgy as fuck, so far i liked a few and the one i like the most is shield hero

How long till you say the same about isekai?

My favourite Isekai only exists in my head.

I was expecting him to stay as a dragon kinda disappointed that he turn into a human.

Most isekai i read is basically a new game+ where they went back in time as a baby while retaining their old memories.

>Most isekai i read is basically a new game+ where they went back in time as a baby while retaining their old memories.
can you name some of them?

Why is it called 'Death March'?

Does it count if you're invading the fantasy world?

tsuyokute new saga
Hiraheishi wa Kako o Yumemiru
and a bunch of those korean ones like
tales of demons and gods
the scholar's reincarnation

Thanks seems like a pretty interesting premise. I'll check these manga out.

What annoys me is isekai with MMORPG/RPG mechanics, shit's too damn annoying specially let's fucking MINMAX.

>I was expecting him to stay as a dragon
Then you're kind of stupid and should have learned your lesson from shit like slime, spider or goblin.

How are they going to animate the sex scenes?

Especially when MC mentions dumping a big load of cum in them.

or the elf slut that is always horny and fucking everyone

better question is why did they turn into one-dimensional cardboard cutouts of their former selves after they got fucked? their personalities became so bland that it's like they died inside.

That's what happens when you get fucked user

you die inside.

>tfw no brown muscular amazon catgirl
That's what my dick likes the most.

>elf slut that is always horny and fucking everyone

You could have just said 'elf' user

>he left this best girl for some random human boring girl
This get me everytime, so much shit taste

It's because before he got summoned he was working for hours non-stop and even sleeping in the office to finish debugging the game before the deadline, this is called a Death March.

Everyone is talking about this Isekai genres fever, but if you search a little you'll see that's one of the oldest genres out there.

Even the Reincarnation theme is quite old too, though it was used more in romance-like stories than adventures.

Elves are the best, just the best

I just want a tanuki daughteru to spoil

what was the name of this one? dropped it when they were trying to recruit the cat

I want to read an isekai about a truck driver who hangs himself from guilt over a persons life he took because he was asleep at the wheel and ends up in another world and the person he killed is a powerful wizard or dragon or some bullshit and he wants REVENGE.

It's not that new and the numbers aren't really surging that much. What's new is people freaking out about isekai as if it were something to be worried about. People were barely even using the term a year ago but suddenly it's the newest and most threatening cancer killing anime

I would rather see the story of a truck driver who killed 1000 victims and became a demon.

99% of everything is shit regardless of the source

Sometime I like the rpg mechanics and their exploitation, but there are case where they're just pointless

How would he keep his job after the first 2 accidents?

do you put olives in this?

uh, did someone annunced a MT anime?

It just can't work

>MC is isekai'd into Dwarf Fortress or some RL on the highest difficulty.

When?

no, also they still have to explain why america isnt freeing the living shit out of them or why russia isnt to claim that land

Too bad you're getting it anyway

What does 'anal' mean?

Because GLORIOUS JAPANESE SPIRIT

Magic truck who has killed a shinigamy at its first drive and can now disappear and teleport over the various 2Ds worlds.

Wait, what

I prefer proper fantasy without the real world connection bullshit, but apparently Japan doesn't.

Hopefully Grancrest is well made and sells a lot so it can get a trend going.

>japanese guy with young elf wife producing cheese pizza
checks out

I smell some 12ep rush to fittoa return, anime original "happy" ending as they both go adventuring

>tfw you had an Isekai idea for years and somebody makes it.

i dunno what, alot of people talk like MT anime is some sure thing

He modifies each truck for remote control operation and abandons it after the hit.

Any isekai/fantasy where MC is betrayed/cursed humanity so much he become villain and actually try to conquer humans?

Something like exiled by his own friends?

I have an isekai idea
what if a street racer from the 90s managed to drift into an alternate world and picks up some nobility's daughter who is distraught with her father and they get raced by the mounted fantasy shit from that world

eurobeat included of course

Such a good idea they made it twice.

What about reverse isekai where someone from another world has to adapt to normal life? Devil part timer and GATE are the only ones to come to mind at the moment.

some

Nidome no Yuusha

Isn't that Overlord? Honest question.

Blessing from the Goddess and Transfer to Another World! ~No Thanks, I Don’t Need a Special Ability~

I don't mind them long as they are good.

Overlord was entertaining as fuck but shit like Grimgar comes along and turns out to be boring as fuck.

I don't really hate the genre but some of the shows they produce is just fucking pathetic.

>mfw the total potato translations of the manga

I don't think Rudeus ever had a shot with Ghys anyway. She was completely unfazed by his flirting

youtube.com/watch?v=U7qQ6pxlP3c
It means "true love"

>Went from some flat chest to 100% legal.tm big titted whore overnight

No thx

I read just two or three chapters of this. I dropped it like the filthy garbage and waste of paper it was.

That's Mushoku Tensei. You're thinking of Kekkon Yubiwa.

Though the brown cat girls do look really similar

No. He is "villain" but his motive isnt revenge

I forgot what the pictured Manga is called. It is not Death March, is it?

So what about an isekai where the demon lord reincarnates the MC to be a villain

You have to beat her during mating season 2 times.
Once in a fight. Once in a night battle.

You're not fooling me user

I know Japan well enough to know there's no sex in this thing

>What about reverse isekai where someone from another world has to adapt to normal life

Literally every manga ever

Like that?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Devil_Is_a_Part-Timer!

As representative of /tg/ I whole heartedly endorse this series of events. The world needs more elf rape

>Will only have sex during mating season
>Pops out a litter of kittens every year and refuses birth control

Is it worth it?

Ignore that Question, it is Death March.

I'd even be fine with elf pregnancy and elf family raising.

You got a full serving last season.

>falling for the birth control propaganda

holy shit, i thought they didnt have the guts to animate a rape scene. props the company

The best English translated VN at the moment is isekai, so I don't mind.

Is Oda Nobuna considered isekai?

>'Death March'
Who is translating this?

Yes

Why would it not be?

Yen Press.

oh shit I actually confused them, thanks

So are there any Isekai out there that you would recommend without any major reservations?

These situations are completely rediculous any hetro male would not be able to resist. I would mate that cat girl until I was dry and shrivelled.

Overlord

Shield-bro

Choujin

The good kind.

volarenovels.com/release-that-witch/
shalvationtranslations.wordpress.com/dungeon-defense-toc/
skythewoodtl.com/fanfic-gifting/
baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Mushoku_Tensei

Eliza, Akuyaku Reijo, Dungeon Defense, Lazy King and Mondaiji.

>tfw no series about a man getting reincarnated into a modern fantasy world as a detective in their Special Victims Unit working with an orc.
>tfw no series about bringing bald old men to justice, saving fantasy races from goblin sex rings, stopping magical cult practices that does mutilation of the genitals, and other things.
End me now bros.