Is Kingdom a good manga Sup Forums? I want a good war manga with political intrigue, does Kingdom deliver?

is Kingdom a good manga Sup Forums? I want a good war manga with political intrigue, does Kingdom deliver?

Other urls found in this thread:

mangafox.me/manga/kingdom/
youtu.be/MsVjy6ZO0Ik
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's one of the few manga that didn't get shit after 500 fucking chapters. Really deserves its fame in Japan.

Read it and find out.

Really wish they did a better job with the anime, mostly so it would've had more seasons.

Man I'm not a teenager anymore, I got shit to do, I can't be wasting my time with bad mango. I have to do some research on the media I consume first, and I don't know where to turn to for anime and mango besides Sup Forums.

It's good, but there's not much political intrigue taking place.

it's pretty good, but it's more of an action-drama series than a political series.

It's got only a little bit of political Intrigue. If you're looking for that, read Ravages of Time.

They're both good though.

Just skip the start until ch46

>Ravages of Time
how often does that one update?

why do you say that?

every other week, but it's got several arcs complete so there are many "complete" parts

It's damn awesome, one of the best manga I've read

It's more action, less intrigues. Also takes several volumes before the story really gets going. Definitely worth a read.

>I want a good war manga with political intrigue, does Kingdom deliver?
This is a page from the most recent chapter.

This is going to be a good fucking year of Kingdom chapters

since the start is bullshit shonen adventure garbage and after full glorious seinen wars

can coalition be topped?

kingdom is not only a manga, is one of the best pieces of literature produced in japan and the world. I specially like the politics part and the fights inside the court, we need em back.

If they bring rempa back im gonna wet my pants.

Out of curiosity, where do translators even get the japanese scans in the first place?

I've heard its good, just had shitty 3D in its adaptation that turned a lot of people off.

rempa is for the final arc when shin will counquer chu

It's a joke people would be shallow enough to be turned off by that.

the manga is a seinen, the anime is a 3d shonen

I can't fucking wait to see Riboku going all out after all the self boasting at Kanyou
Expecially looking forward for when he wrecks Kanki

While this is one of the cases the manga is undisputably better than the anime, not just in the elitist sense I tend to read on Sup Forums, the events don't differ that much to make it change genre.

Indeed. It's going to be the battle that destroys nearly all of the Zhao forces, so you know it's going to be legendary.

>Shin using Ouki's glave
I'm cumming

>his face when he sees how great the glave cuts people
That's going to be great.

>final arc when shin will counquer chu
You mean when Shin fails to conquer Chu and Ousen shows him how it's done

One of best Manga I've ever read, even the political parts of the series are good

Shin was fucking Chu completely undefeated until some shithead decided he wanted to go back to Chu and become leader of some random city and causing a revolt instead of conquering China.

Wait is this the war where Kanki gets BTFO'd and escapes execution in Qin or is it one of the next wars?

No, it's in 3 years.
This is the war where Zhao gets BTFO hard.

Is it about Three Kingdoms? Is there a good war manga with political intrigue set in a Sengoku period?

Kingdom takes place before that.

What was the hypest moment in Kingdom so far?

Too many to count.

How's the translation? IIRC at first they were using the Jap names for all of the characters which, considering it's a fucking Chinese historical series, is a legitimate deal breaker same as if I was reading a 3K series where the translaters used Ryofu instead of Lu Bu.

it's the opposite, at first they were using Chinese names, but have been using Jap style for the past 300+ chapters now.

Since it's a Japanese manga I don't think it's a big deal. It's like referring to Deustchland as "Germany", or Nihon as "Japan". Yeah it's not the true accurate thing these historical people would be saying but who gives a fuck, use what people are familiar with in the audience. And in this case, the audience is Japanese.

>Since it's a Japanese manga I don't think it's a big deal.
My autism will not accept this.

This. There are too many hype moments to pick a best one. The coalition arc alone had a maximum hype moment every chapter or 2.

This, by far

The translation is good.
Names start off in their original chinese translation but then just go japanese ~30 chapters in or so and stay that way.

Need some honest opinion from people that read Kingdom. How the fuck can you praise and stomach it?

The main problems I have with this work is the two following:
- Shounen tropes to the brim and more
- Somehow romanticize the MCs to 100% good guy status

The MC and the new young emperor is pretty much slaughtering their way to an united China. And somehow this is presented as a wonderful thing, while everyone else is painted as monsters more or less for wanting to defend their borders, refusing to submit to the unification.

Shin and his army does not condone and partake in rape and pillaging. Even attacks soldiers on their own side when they do it. I know this is historical fiction, but you can´t fucking pull this idealized warfare without ruining immersion.

Jesus fuck, how do you guys deal with it? I thought Kanki was suppose to show MC how wrong he was, but of course, Kanki is evil and will get his just desserts for being in a shounen war manga.

Why does Kingdom gets a free pass for pulling all these shounen bs? This hatred is from someone that loves the Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

Do horses really work like bikes? You lean and turn?

>The coalition arc alone had a maximum hype moment every chapter or 2.
So many.
>Kanki burning the siege tower
>Kamei vs Monbu
>Shin fighting that zombie commander
>going full lord of the rings with elephants
>ousen saving the kingdom literally at the last second
>Duke saying ''never let your fire burn out Shin'
>the entirety of Sai's battle

made me cry

Its great, the art might throw you off and some people dont like it but the story and the fights are 10/10

yeah. I love that official history has this as like 2 lines, which let the author go FUCKING OFF THE RAILS with it in the best possible way.

They acknowledge what they're doing. I don't think they ignore the slaughter, they just believe that they are correct.

Kanki IS evil, and WILL get his just desserts, but they never said he was wrong. He's been kicking ass for like 300 chapters already.

>I love that official history has this as like 2 lines, which let the author go FUCKING OFF THE RAILS with it in the best possible way.
To be fair, the commander and chief of the coalition war was pushed away at the doorstep of the capital. How did he pass the pass? How did he get so far? I wouldn't be surprised if it's exactly how it happened.

>The MC and the new young emperor is pretty much slaughtering their way to an united China. And somehow this is presented as a wonderful thing, while everyone else is painted as monsters more or less for wanting to defend their borders, refusing to submit to the unification.
Emperor said he knows what he is doing is awful but someone has to do it as it is the only way to unite China.

>Shin and his army does not condone and partake in rape and pillaging. Even attacks soldiers on their own side when they do it. I know this is historical fiction, but you can´t fucking pull this idealized warfare without ruining immersion.
Because every solider just went around raping and pillaging? What are you autistic?

u wot, Qin get called invading dogs since Shin's first campaign, no one in the realm can stand them

>Shounen tropes to the brim and more
Nothing wrong with it. It's awesome.

>Somehow romanticize the MCs to 100% good guy status
War is ugly and shit. He's not 100% good at all, he just has a shonen ''I won't kill people who surrender''.

>And somehow this is presented as a wonderful thing, while everyone else is painted as monsters more or less for wanting to defend their borders, refusing to submit to the unification.
It's not. Many times, people comment that it's insane. And in real history, the Emperor is remembered as an insane man who conquered China then went insane. There's a large amount of propaganda by the dynasty that painted him as an evil emperor, and the author said that he's simply making a less demonized story of him conquering China.
When you find out what happens after China is conquered, it makes all that struggle in Kingdom even more hilarious.

>I know this is historical fiction, but you can´t fucking pull this idealized warfare without ruining immersion.
Who cares.

>I thought Kanki was suppose to show MC how wrong he was, but of course, Kanki is evil and will get his just desserts for being in a shounen war manga.
Kanki only pillaged for a purpose, he was right and Shin was stupid for not seeing past that.

>Why does Kingdom gets a free pass for pulling all these shounen bs?
Because of cool moments.

>Because of cool moments
I agree. People shit on Shounen all the time. But I will defend Bleach and Naruto even to this day, because they include way too much cool moments to make up for all the garbage. Kingdom has the good spot of being obscure and niche, also not popular for people to shit on it. For which I am glad for.

The only shounen trope thing that bothered me was Ei Sei's response to Ryo Fui, it was too idealistic and forced, other than that, they acknowledged several times that what they're doing is bad but they have to do it because nobody else will, the only romanticized moments are amongst the MC's because they're the ones we are following, other than that, it's really well done

It was good at first, later became great, but then the pace slowed down a lot, so at this moment it's not so interesting.

Instead of wasting time on the 'research' here you could have read at least a first volume already and see what it is.

People love cool moments, even in shit stories, it's really that simple. When Madara was wrecking shit in Naruto, Sup Forums fucking loved it because it was cool.

>Kingdom has the good spot of being obscure and niche, also not popular for people to shit on it.
I dunno if it's 'obscure'. I mean look at mangafox

mangafox.me/manga/kingdom/

>ranked 26th
>near 5 star rating
It's very well beloved and highly rated. Hell, it's honestly the only manga I follow every week and waiting helplessly on sundays for turnip to release. And the manga never stops being hype. It's loved in Japan and people in the west love it too, but it doesn't have a full shonen fanbase hype, which is why no one is actually shitting on it. It's good, nothing more and nothing less.

I wish they showed him more.

>only fights battles he can't lose
How can anyone ever beat him?

youtu.be/MsVjy6ZO0Ik

They can't. That's why he will fulfill his dream and become the emperor.

For me is defenitely Sei raling the poeple during the coalition war.

That was freaking beautifull

Well, he did (will) put an end to 5 centuries of constant war so it's not like he was totally wrong
Plus his response to why he had to use military might to unify China was pretty great

Have patience m8, he's going to be the MVP of the unification wars
Plus once Riboku and Renpa are dead he'll be the greatest general under the heavens

That entire ideological discussion was great.
>tfw your worldview aligns with ryofui but you end up rooting for the king because optimism

I wonder how the author will go on without Riboku. It's clear he's the author's favorite, but history kills him off in such an anticlimatic way.
I wonder what Shin's reaction will be when he hears what happened.

Kingdom. Making diplomacy look badass since 2006.

Ryofui really was a based antagonist, hopefully we'll get some update on him soon

that one of the best manga curently running

>The MC and the new young emperor is pretty much slaughtering their way to an united China. And somehow this is presented as a wonderful thing, while everyone else is painted as monsters more or less for wanting to defend their borders, refusing to submit to the unification.
>>>>>wonderful thing
Speedreader detected

He was great and I somehow believe that the manga probably captured his actual grandiose nature. Who the fuck puts out a notice that you'll give gold to anyone that can add one letter more to a manuscript? Or fucks the queen mother just because?
The guy was based as fuck, ahead of everyone, and had a collection of some of the greatest people in all the land serving him. Like, for most of the story, Rishi is standing behind him but he's this insanely important figure in China and he's just his goddamn lackey.

Ryofui was good but Riboku is the GOAT antagonist

>young and handsome
>greatest general under the heavens
>both top tier strategist and warrior
>not an arrogant cunt, always respects his enemies
>not evil, in fact he's the good guy protecting his homeland from the Qin mongrels
>cares about the lives of his men unlike many generals
>has a qt loyal waifu in Kaine
Nigga doesn't have a single flaw

Jesus fuck, Yan are assholes.

>Nigga doesn't have a single flaw
He's a coward.

Ordo is based as fuck, he's the mountain people's Renpa

But he's an idiot.

I don't think so

Getting dunked by Ousen doesn't necessarily make you an idiot.

This guy became super based after the rebellion arc

How about waking up a monster because you didn't do enough intel work on where you were invading? He had literally one place he shouldn't have attacked and fucked up.

I dunno, he says so himself.

To be fair, Zhao apparently just has a bunch of random ass guys who turn out to be super strong despite having no renown.

You gotta have more people to fight Shin in the future, so it can't be helped.

That down to earth nature of his makes him even more awesome, imagine if he had Ousen's ambition or Ryofui's greed, he'd be the ruler of China at this point

One thing this mangaka really does well is redemption

When does it become a seinen? I read it for like 70 or so chapters and then put it on hold since it felt like a typical shounen.

More like you don't have to have your manga circle all around the same 5-6 strong guys while all the others are fodder, one of the best things of Kingdom is that there are so much strong characters, even amongst the unknow people

Keep reading. It's shonen disgused as seinen.

when Kanki and Ousen are introduced

I think that the best thing about Kingdom is that it can introduce relatively new characters out of the blue, give them very little time and you still end up caring for them, even when they're the enemy. Like, that recent battle. We barely even knew those three guys but I still cared about them. That arc of people was legendary.
This manga has a way of doing cliche shit so well.

>It's shonen disgused as seinen.
That is not a good thing. But I will probably pick it back up when I have nothing else to read/watch.
could it be you meant a seinen disguised as shonen?

Do you consider any of the kingdom arcs as weak. For me that kyokay returns home was a very bad arc. I understand that was neccesary but it turned to be very boring.

It's a decent manga, but nothing great, and certainly not something I'd recommend for the war drama or politics. It's more similar to hotblooded battle shounen but with a less cliche plot structure. No, I'm not calling it a shounen, before some retard jumps on me with "BUT IT'S SEINEN!"

>could it be you meant a seinen disguised as shonen?
Same difference.

And the best chapters usually are the ones which major characters die.

My favourite of those is Karin, she started as a no name general of Chu's second army and turned out to be a monster and is the current prime minister of Chu as well as best girl

I want her to be raped and used as a slave.