Coca-Cola? What is this? Where's the Dr Pepper?

Coca-Cola? What is this? Where's the Dr Pepper?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0MMraCClp34
mega.nz/#!Qs5lhBJL!84cVLmqrVKcGawR4WsoM0nyNuZNYjedV9smYIAxXulQ
strawpoll.me/12120810
youtube.com/watch?v=mzFo0bmPP5g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A quick go at google autocomplete suggests that Dr Pepper lowers your sperm cell count.

Good, a vasectomy is to expensive

Coke is a thinking man's drink, Dr.Pepper is for losers.

Should I watch Chaos;head? the recap was nice but I want to know more.

Play the VN over watching the anime.While the anime has the same basic plot, it has a worse execution, as well as cutting out some pretty major events/adding filler.

At the very least this recap seemed to ignore the anime entirely and stuck closer to the visual novel.

Mountain View > Cora > Dk Pepper > Skál

Is it translated?

Lurk more.

Yes it is. You can find it on Nyaa keep in mind that you should overwrite one of the files with a fix provided. This fixes the infamous bug in chapter 7 and retranslates 300-man Committee into Committee of 300, to be in line with other translations of the franchise.
That user also promised that he would work together with the first user, so you can expect a retranslation of all terminology. Because the current translation is a bit wonky on the details.

Nice.

I think you should be more concerned about all this GAMER FUEL

Delete this right now.

Considering nutrition Mountain View with some energy bars is the right thing.
Do you want a Tuna Sandwich?

Coke>Mountain View> Dr. pepper.

What is this Dr. Pepper you speak of? I only know Dk Pepper.

I seriously don't get it. Both are identical in that part, so why does the Japanese version work but the English translated one doesn't?

Post Rimi.

>Tuna Sandwich?
You say that to me again and you will fucking regret it you hear me you piece of shit!

What part of the game are you having trouble with?

Probably the "--" is not equivalent to a "—"

Chapter 6, O-Front, the bad end.
The scene triggers, but the Bad End doesn't kick you back to the title screen as it should. And I have literally no idea why. Seems this is not so easily fixable like the chapter 7 bug.
Yes, but then the scene shouldn't trigger at all, should it? I mean the sound effects play, the background changes, only the bad end doesn't activate immediately.

i drink fanta

Fanta's still better than Pepsi, so I forgive you user.

What happens if the jap text for that bit is pasted across to the translated version? Does it still fail? If so it could be something further back.

I don't know, I guess I have to test it out. I will try some things and report back after eating something.

Alright user. Keep on fighting the good fight.

Even if I change that bit, the problem persists. It has to be something further back.

Check newline character just in case those mismatch.

They are the same, and shouldn't have an impact on this.

I will try messing around with this tip here.

Didn't work. Man, this is frustrating.

This $6章選択肢 variable, which translates to "6th chapter choice" is set to zero (0) if you answer the questions incorrectly and to one (1) if you do answer them correctly.

If it is zero (0) the bad end scene is triggered, which should result in the game cleaning up and going to the main menu.
If it is one (1) the game begins with the scene in which Taku says "Ah..." and notices the Di-Sword.
However, in the english patched version, this variable seems to go from zero (0) to one (1) without it ever being told to do so. Alternatively, the if-function which checks it has an error in it somewhere, but if it had an error it should make the scene skip, like the chapter 7 bug. And it looks the same in both versions.
I don't get it. Any ideas?

You tried something drastic like copying the whole chapter from the jap version across to the translated version? Should give you an indication if the chapter itself is the problem or if it lies else where.

Also make sure you load a save before the chapter when testing as to make sure all the flags are not set.

I have a save at the end of chapter 5, when the sky is turning white and Yua/Mia is getting a phonecall.
I haven't copied the whole chapter from the jap version, only the script file of the corresponding scene that is ch06_127_妄想トリガー28■ and guess what? It works as intended, so it has to be in that file somewhere. We just don't know where.

I wanted a ham sandwich you fucking piece of shit. I'll kill you for that.

youtube.com/watch?v=0MMraCClp34
Good delusion.

Rimi a cute.

Rimi an angel.

Don't trust that face.

But I want to trust it so bad... I wanted to trust her so bad... Why couldn't I trust her?

How can I not trust this face?

>change Knight-Heart to Neidhardt
>get line-break-issues
Fuck this game-engine.

Coke is for cucks then?

No Coca-cola is a refined, dignified soda. Only those in the know drink it. You know. Of course you'd know, why wouldn't you know.

NTR fags are only trying to justify their own shitty fetish using that phrase. Pepsifags are the cucks.

Didn't Takumi NTR himself?

It wasn't willingly, was it? C;H LoveChuChu never.

No, I mean in the original Chaos;Head.
Takumi NTRs Rimi from himself.

Well, I mean, you're technically right.

Of course I am, would I lie to you?

How was the first episode? Was it super special?

It was Uncontrollable.

Leaked Full OP and translated lyrics:
そう ねぇ ねぇ 止まらない
>Yes, unstopping
カオスと呼ぶ狂気 加速する
>The madness called chaos accelerates
Uncontrollable
生まれた意味さえ 知ったような口ぶり
>Speaking as if we'd know the meaning of our birth
気が付けば僕はまるで 情弱のカテゴリー
>before I recognized it, I was stuffed into the information illiterate category
渇きも癒せない 血迷った熱量
>Our thirst can't be stilled, losing our mind in this fever
ある晴れたあの日の好奇心
>A certain clear day's curiosity
Return to Innocence
Returns to Chaos World
Return to 空のまま
>Returns to the sky as it is
Returns to New Generation
醒めない夢なの
>An unending dream
そう ねぇ ねぇ 止まらない
>Yes, unstopping
カオスと呼ぶ狂気 加速する
Uncontrollable
そう ねぇ ねぇ もし君が 僕を見失っても
>Yes, even if you lose sight of me
それでいいんだ 次のバスに乗るよ
>That's alright. Take the next bus.
もう知ってるよ この空も 約束も
>I already know, this sky, that promise
全てが嘘と
>they all are a lie.

雑誌の引用 ありふれた言葉で
>A magazine's quotation, mundane words
生き方を選ぶのが情弱のカテゴリ
>Selecting one's lifestyle is part of the information illiterate's category
裏切りのサイン 見落とした日常
>Signs of betrayal overlooked in daily life
老化が耳をふさいだ クラクション
>Aging plugged our ears. Honking.
Return to Innocence
Returns to Chaos World
Return to 空のまま
>Return to the sky as it is
Returns to New Generation
醒めない 夢なの
>An unending dream
そう ねぇ ねぇ 無自覚に
>Yes, ignorance
カオスが支配する この世界は
>Chaos reigns in this world
Uncontrollable
そう ねぇ ねぇ もし僕が 君を見失っても
>Yes, even if I lose sight of you
次の鍵 最終バスに乗る 
>the next key will take the last bus.
もう知ってるよ この風も明日さえも 
>I already know, this wind, and even tomorrow,
全てが嘘と
>they all are a lie.

醒めない夢なの
>An unending dream
そう ねぇ ねぇ 止まらない
>Yes, unstopping
カオスと呼ぶ狂気 加速する
Uncontrollable
そう ねぇ ねぇ もし君が 僕を見失っても
>Yes, even if you lose sight of me
それでいいんだ 次のバスに乗るよ
>that's alright. Take the next bus.
もう知ってるよ この空も 約束も
>I already know, this sky, that promise,
全てが嘘と
>they all are a lie.

Kek. Well done

I wonder if Crunchyroll will translate the phrase properly.

They'll never translate anything properly.

>Those eyes! Whose eyes!

No.

That's why I'm wondering if they will use that phrase as it is "IT EYES IS GOD'S EYES".

Time to reread everything and pay close attention to it, then.

You have to make sure it all runs smoothly? Good luck, that should take a few days at least depending on how fast you are at reading visual novels.

It is my self imposed duty, no one will really remember me for it, as Committee of Zero will have Noah ready in a year and a half, but I will do my best. Right now I'm on my way to the B end to check out the other anons changes to it.

The C;H VN? It took me less than 5 minutes to set up and run. Unless you run into system location or applocale issues it really shouldn't be too bad. Most people got by just fine setting system location to Japan.

He means rereading everything in the VN to check if the lines break correctly.

What changes did you end up making? I was planning on replaying it since the recap in C;C got heavy nostalgia going, but might wait for your changes.

I was talking about the changes the other user's making to the english patch. He's creating a fixed up version of the patch, with updated phrases, as well as fixing a few game breaking bugs.

If it makes you feel better I appreciate what you're doing. I've been meaning to give it a reread sometime this year and an updated patch helps give me some motivation.

Knight-Hart -> Neidhardt
300-man committee -> Committee of 300
Silverfish-sis -> Sister Centipede
Fixed an untranslated line when Taku is being attacked by the DQNs in chapter 7.
Yesterday, I also fixed the chapter 7 bug.
And we tried to fix the B end which had untranslated moon runes in it. I am on my way to the B end right now, as I didn't have a save on hand.
I am not alone, another user is helping me with this, in fact, him changing the Committe of 300 lines inspired me to take a look into the files and I - through sheer luck - ended up fixing the chapter 7 bug. Also, he is the one who edited the file, I'm just testing it for bugs.

We don't have anyone who can edit images though, so if someone wants to edit all CGs from Knight-Hart to Neidhardt he is most welcome to come forth now.

What about the TIPS menu? Is that something that's easy to edit/translate? There's a ton of untranslated entries in there.

Thank you guys for all of this by the way.

Yeah I figured you and the other user were still working together. It's still great you managed to fix the chapter 7 bug last night.

Yes, it would be easy to edit, but neither of us has the ability to read complex moon runes (I can only read Hiragana, Katakana and simple Kanji).
If you want to try translating it, be my guest.

mega.nz/#!Qs5lhBJL!84cVLmqrVKcGawR4WsoM0nyNuZNYjedV9smYIAxXulQ
Fixing the bug was all my doing though. Didn't think it was a simple syntax error.

>you are now aware that Norose has the same chuuni thoughts as Okabe

>Two dubs in a row

I appreciate your efforts. I assume you'll keep posting updates in any C;C threads for the foreseeable future?

Yes, I am always here watching you, Takumi-kun. <◎><◎>
I have a talent for getting dubs when I don't need them.

Also I created a poll on the term "Gigalomaniac". It was translated as "Giga-lo-maniac" in the PC Version, romanized as "Gigalomaniax" in C;C and in our community it is always spelled "Gigalomaniac". How should we change it?

And of course I failed to include the link:
strawpoll.me/12120810

Carbonated drinks are bad and Dr. Pepper is straight out gross

Carbonated drinks are amazing you mean. I refuse to believe somebody has such shit taste.

(you)

You know, rereading the B end gives me nausea.
And it makes my belly itch.

>Gigalomanic
I meant Gigalomaniac, of course.

Getting the B ending only requires you to answer "No" at the ending segments of questions right? I remember trying to get the B end years ago, but it just kept giving me A.

ITCHY
ITCHY
ITCHY
ITCHY

Dr pepper sucks balls, I don't know who would ever drink it

The B ending is a wild ride I'll tell you.

No you have to get certain delusions through the game,if I'm correct.

Nice line-breaking, original translators and editors of this patch.
It requires to get all whose eyes are those eyes delusions on second playthrough.
Answering "no" on the finale question gives you the A end.
Answering "yes" on the finale question gives you the AA (True) End.

Kurisu > Aki > Rimi

Rimi > Serika > Akiho > Kurisu

It's obviously gonna be translated as
>THOSE EYES! GOD'S EYES!
to stay consistent

You never know about that, user. And I just needed an excuse to post that image.

Sometimes, I just love this translation.
I mean, seriously?

They always made questionable decisions like that. If I remember correctly dejavu was oddly phrased in like, five or so different ways. And then there's the johnson line.

Johnson is ok, I think. What deja vu lines are you talking about? If you tell me, I might add them to the list of things that need fixing.
Meanwhile, I am seeing a Crying Sky.
youtube.com/watch?v=mzFo0bmPP5g

Well technically it's correct, but in some cases I remember deija vu being translated as Jamais Vu, which means the same thing, but is a rather uncommon way of phrasing it. At lest where I'm from. Same with using gooseflesh as opposed to goosebumps.

I don't think it's worth changing, really, just worded in a slightly unusual way.