Who is the best boy from this show?

Who is the best boy from this show?

I thought this series was in Jump. I'm really out of it.

It's published in Monthly Morning Two.

Raita, and anybody who disagrees is literally Boris Johnson.

Can't go wrong with any of the blondes, honestly.

The only correct answer.

Oh come on, that's cheating.

All right. Out of the players, it's Sekizan.

Oharano. Or Or Miyuki. But Sekizan is pretty great too, so is Ebumi.

Sumiaki, honestly. I'm a sucker for the gentle giant character.

Anyone reads the manga? What do you think of Tenjiku?

Haven't read that far yet, I'm up to the point where they all have that barbecue at Shingo's house.

Iwashi is cute. CUTE!

Honestly, I think he should have been the MC, ala GTO.

why is everybody strangely wide?
Their waists are all fucked up, either too large for an athlete or too thin.

Did you see irl rugby players? Would be weird to draw them Clamp-style.

This series gives me a ridiculous urge to press my finger into bellybuttons.

Goddamnit, Mark.

Rugby players come in all shapes and sizes.

From that, to this.

>Iwashi is cute. CUTE!
He is indeed very cute. But man, he's a fucking giant.

He's a cute lovable giant.

Zanba is even bigger though.
>this is Japanese schoolboy

Is Rugby even all that popular in Japan?

I'm not even sure he's human, those are some Orc eyes.

It's not like All Out is the first anime to cover school rugby, and Japan was at least good enough to get in the World Cup, but it certainly doesn't seem to get the same love as football (as in the one that's actually played with the feet primarily) or baseball.

I wanted to pick this up but the character models are weird as fuck. Anime or manga tho anons?

>It's not like All Out is the first anime to cover school rugby
What other rugby anime are there?

>Anime or manga tho anons?
Hard to say, anime designs are kinda less weird, but animation is not nearly as dynamic as rugby deserves.

I often hear that baseball is the most popular sport for nips. Though when I think of sports manga/anime, it's mostly basketball that comes to mind, like Kuroko no Basket and Slam Dunk. Then there's Football anime like Inazuma Eleven. And obviously Haikyuu for Voleyball. All very famous series.

All Out is honestly the first I've seen of a Rugby-themed serial. How does it stack up to other sports series out there?

Popular enough to attract enough home fans to finance its own domestic competition (J-league), and enough money to hire big names to go to Japan and play for retirement money

To put things in perspective, USA just completed the first year of trialing its own domestic competition (only less than 12 teams out of all 52 states), and already its existence is threatened by complaints of misspending and poor management.

Fiji, a rugby mad nation, doesn't even have its own domestic competition

Watching this show as a New Zealander feels really weird.

>How does it stack up to other sports series out there?
Most people would probably say it's kinda like Haikyuu but worse in every aspect.

Are all New Zealanders involved in rugby to some extent?

yes

J-League is their soccer league, but they do have a fairly strong domestic competition which is well funded

They also have a team in the southern hemisphere competition with domestic teams from australia, nz , south africa and argentina. and their national team is really improved, beat south africa two years ago.

They are also hosting the rugby world cup in 2019, so i think they want to get the hype train rolling for that

I want to hug and fug Sumiaki!

my rugby-fu

he's so kawaii

Play it at school, in family gatherings, yeah. It's like baseball, really. Ingrained heavily in national identity.

Bump

What is with that guy's hair anyway?

Udon or Captain.

It's not as exaggerated as you're probably lead to believe, but yeah as a country we're pretty rugby crazy.

Never had the physique to play rugby, but what we did in school (even up to year 12), was to take off our footwear and run down to the fields with a rugby ball during period breaks.

Don't you like it?

One of the author Q&A sections in the manga said he does it to make himself seem more intimidating.

I have never been more tempted to buy a male fig.

Do it!

It must hurt for someone of that size and stature to sit on his knees all the time.

Sports anime expert here.

Sekizan > Ebumi > everyone else. > Iwashimizu.

I really hope we get another 25 episodes, I'm surprised how much I ended up enjoying this.

Why do nips sit like that anyway?

>Tripfag
>Has shit taste
Figures.

>I really hope we get another 25 episodes
Not even enough manga material for it, there currently are 10 volumes probably 9 or 10 will be adapted.

It's a monthly series, isn't it?

wow they're all big guys

Yep, so maybe that's why pacing may seem weird sometimes.

Gion is small though.

The one and only

>MC is a typical perpetually angry manlet with a Napoleon complex
Literally every small male is anime is like this.

Raita is not like this, Hinata from Haikyuu doesn't seem angry all the time too.

I guess he must just have a small dick or something.

It's not great but it's serviceable at the very least

And here we have best boy, Manlet-senpai is based as fuck

>Smallest boy is worst boy
>Biggest boy is best boy
Really makes you think...

Pls no bully Gion is a good boy and he found the coach.

It's true, he did.

He's still a manlet, though

How fun are the characters in this series? That's half the battle with a sports series.

This series looks fujo as hell desu.

I like the characters so I think they are fun.

>those thicc sinful thighs
>those well muscles chests
>those arses
oooh boy

Sumiaki is THICC

There's a pretty good spread of character types so there's bound to be someone you'll become fond of

Some fujos probably like it, but many are turned off by the designs. This is more for bara fans.

Just how big is Sumiaki?

If you know what I mean

MC is annoying.

That's manlets for you.

How dare you call them rotten.

Noted. I'll get it now.

But is a qt.

one and ahalf chapters in and I am already in love with every single character
I don't think I can hate any of those

Agreed, to me most of the characters are pretty adorable, at least those from Jinko and Keijo.

>starting chapter 4
I take it back, Ebucchi's a jerk

His hair is retarded

>only 4 cm taller than Gion
>3rd year
>chill
Raita's the best boy

Here, a rare Sekizan.

I never watched this but by designs I like the tall blonde and the fluffy grumpy-looking blonde.

I dropped this thing but Gion is cute desu

Mutsumi is a beautiful, pure cinnamon roll

This style definitely doesn't cater to fojos' taste.

All the doujins on toranoana so far are aimed at girls, so it definitely appeals to the tastes of some fujos.

the manlet one of course

the mangaka is also a woman

I like Raita too

FUUUUUUUUUUUCK, I was hoping this wasn't the case.

His constant pussy nature is irritating.

Their national team is second tier along with places like Fiji, Tonga, Romania, Georgie etc but they beat South Africa in the world cup.
Rugby union that is.
Rugby League (a different sport but very similar) is mostly northern England.

I keep forgetting there are two types Rugby.

They play very differently to be honest. League has downs like American football, so tends to play a bit faster.

I'm not too familiar with the differences between League and Union. Which type is All Out based on?

I didn't expect to cry so much
>Natsuki's brother
>Coach's wife
>Keta
I haven't watched the anime
how did they handle that asshole brother?

All Out is union, which is by far the larger of the two codes globally.
The main differences are union having 15 players per side and league just 13, along with league having downs (when a player is tackled and brought down, play stops and restarts fresh, a team has 6 tries to score before possession is given to the other side) and union not (a player brought down must simply release the ball but play continues unhalted).
Also league dropped the line out and uses a scrum for the ball going into touch.

>Next episode
>Soon
>Anime handled Keta perfectly. It made me cry bitch tears I didn't asked for. Sekizan's and Keta's crying face and reactions was masterfully done, it made me shiver a bit on how good it was.

I've started reading the manga after watching the first episode and I can say that it's a very good adaptation. It even adapts the last page doodles into eye-catch transitions to part B in every episode.

wait, they're already that far in?
the manga has 40 chapters
I hate it when the anime catches up to the manga so quickly

Niggastream is at start of vol 7. Current tank release at vol 10.

Anime adapts 1-2 chapters per episode and sometimes adds the special ones. Sports anime normally tend to adapt 1-5 chapters, depending on the amount of action panel/pages the chapter has, in a single episode. Since All Out!! is heavy in character plot, I'm quite pleased that they are taking their time on going through the source material. It is as about good as the DnA adaptation but with more consistent designs and animation.

Thicc