What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

theanimeawards.com/anime_of_the_year.html
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子
japantimes.co.jp/culture/2016/12/27/films/please-dont-see-animated-blockbuster-says-japans-new-miyazaki-makoto-shinkai/#.WGJ9rxsrLIW
the-numbers.com/movie/Kimi-no-na-wa-(Japan)#tab=summary
supremecarlos.net/post/155932824647/your-name-kimi-no-na-wa-just-became-the
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_anime_films
fictionpress.com/s/3206139
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

KOn! audience.

Nothing.

/thread

writing

Nothing. They're currently the undisputed king of anime. If you don't like animation, maybe you should look for a different hobby? Like visual novels or light novels.

K-on audience (neckbeards) migrated to Doga Koba.

Lack of goverment funding to promote non-slavery work system.

They're the top studio every other studio wants to be

Nichijou flopped so they stopped taking any risks

Everything

Koe no Katachi BDs not coming until spring
That's about it

This
I thought I was going to hate Maid Dragon until I watched the first episode and the colors and visual direction were so good that I think I'll actually finish it.

They didn't do Nichijou S2 and made mediocre garbage

Hibike! Euphonium yuribait.

Nothing

They're pretty much the only studio taking risks these days.

Does anyone actually have a legitimate complaint or is it all just envy at their success and contrarianism?

>adapting your own garbage light novels, adapting popular manga sources
>risks

Even Khara?

>taking risks
>only produce cgdct
>risk

All of them, even Shinkai's studio

I didn't expect it to be so good either. PV made me think it would be a cheap b-team side project while main team works on Violet Ever garden.

They're paying for their own anime unlike other studios.

Bullshit.

Show me another studio that consistently leads their production committees, has their own LN label, trains their own animators, isn't in Tokyo, and does 90% of the production in-house.

Lack of kansai-ben

>has their own LN label
Is this supposed to be an accomplishment?

Every LN adaptation of theirs has been garbage.

There's no need to be upset. People in the industry recognize Kyoani's greatness. Only newfags dislike them

>Moving goalposts already

Anti-KinoAni folks as always showing their stupidity when confronted with facts.

I forgot about Violet Evergarden, fuck.
I hope it's not actually all 60fps like the trailer.
I still really like KyoAni but Musaigen was probably their worst work so far, Hibike S2 didn't have Yamada and wasn't as good as S1, Maid dragon is a completely different style than usual, and Violet Evergarden looks weird. That's why I hope KnK is as good as it looks, KyoAni's been pretty mediocre for the past year or so, at least with everything other than visual direction of course.

Build wall

>bad animation
>3DPD backgrounds with filters
>can't make anything other than yuribait + some combination of slice of life/school/music

recently
>can't sell over 10k
>second season for a low popularity anime
>trying to get into movies, but again overshadowed by a better movie last year: your name

When was the last time KyoAni won?

I don't think Ghibli, khara, Sunrise or Toei want to be like them when they are more successful

So Kyoanus is imitating Shaft now?

Nothing. KyoAni is the best studio right now. And they have some of the best animation directors working today.

KyoAni is the official anime studio of Sup Forums.

>Khara
>More successful
>Has to sue other companies to get money

>When was the last time KyoAni won?
AOTY for the last like 6 years

Sunrise got bought out by Bandai against Tomino's wishes. They wish they could make their own decisions like Kyoani

Because they can.
In that case they stole the name free from a manga.

No because it doesn't look like shit

>shoujo bubbles are kino

Is Maidoragon comedy anime-kino of the season?

They use too many filters to "improve" the frames until they look like instagram images. I also don't like that their series usually have a pretty boring plot, it's mostly cute girls doing cute things.

A lot of the things that went wrong depend on the specific series though.

Lucky Star: Simply boring. Literally no plot and not even cute girls.

Hibike: Best character development I have seen in a long time. Story and Setting is ok, but all that forced drama about the old members who just won't talk...

Hyouka: Actually well done, but boring "cases" and typical "I want to preserve energy"-MC.

Phantom World: They focused on appealing to multiple different user bases at once instead of targeting a single user base. They did this by introducing characters of every possible type and each of this characters had a single episode dedicated to them.

>theanimeawards.com/anime_of_the_year.html
Considering CR is confirmed to have over 750,000 subscribers, I trust this over any other western poll. Though if you meant 6 years starting in 2014 I would agree since Clannad, Haruhi and Free are both within that spectrum. 2015-2016 KyoAni has been a huge letdown for real fans, sadly.

"Filters" don't have any effect on quality of the animation itself. KyoAni hasn't made CGDCT anime since K-On.

I'm a real fan of KyoAni and they aren't letting me down.

>Letting polls decide the best anime of the year
I just mean KyoAni usually makes a show each year in contention for the best.
2015 had Hibike which was a solid show, 2016 was a letdown. I haven't seen KnK yet but I have high hopes for it.

They voted fujoshit for best animation when even fans admit there was QUALITY and reused sequences everywhere. Sad!

I'll stick with Sup Forums opinions

The only Sup Forums poll that was taken voted flip flappers aoty though

>flipflop voted Sup Forums's aoty
>anything kyoani

FlipFlubbers have been trolled to hell all season. If it makes them feel better they can have it

>jojotard
opinion

>What went wrong?

Adapting garbage.

They haven't adapted Keit-ai yet.

>light novels

>/thread-ing
it's time to go back to where you came from

Shaft didn't invent monochrome you faggot

Absolutely nothing

Already a thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子

Reminder that Makoto Shinkai thinks Keit-Ai is a mistake.

japantimes.co.jp/culture/2016/12/27/films/please-dont-see-animated-blockbuster-says-japans-new-miyazaki-makoto-shinkai/#.WGJ9rxsrLIW

I wasn't talking about the monochrome so much as the cutaways to shots with minimalistic backgrounds. But just wait, so they will also have photographs of multi-media craft projects and powerpoint-esque still frames of text.

Tokyo Wasnt nuked by North Korea yet making KyoAni and PA Works the only remaining Japanese anime studios

Absolute garbage since Nichijou.

I only came to hate kyoani because of cunts like you

I knew something was wrong about them hating emperor Trump.

PA Works (LN label aside, yet)

What did he say that triggered you?

SHAFt certainly didn't invent that style. Watch some 80s anime.

Threadly reminder that Keit-ai is now the highest grossing anime film of all time.

>$290,155,777

the-numbers.com/movie/Kimi-no-na-wa-(Japan)#tab=summary
supremecarlos.net/post/155932824647/your-name-kimi-no-na-wa-just-became-the
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_anime_films

>They use too many filters to "improve" the frames until they look like instagram images.
Why do people take complaints about singular series and retroactively apply them to all of KyoAni's work? Most KyoAni anime are not as filter-heavy as Eupho. Just watch Maid Dragon to see this is true.

>Keit-ai adapted by KyoAni

How many ways will they find?

I couldn't care less about Shitkai but I'm enjoying all the salt he's been provoking among the old farts in the industry.

>the cutaways to shots with minimalistic backgrounds.
Can you point out some examples of this specifically? I'm not sure what you mean.

All the ways!

They haven't made an Idol Anime yet.

What? They didn't take the hit for Nichijou flopping. There was no risk involved for them. Now modern KyoAni? Yeah, they take risks since they're financing their shows.

Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139

Ghibli, Sunrise and Khara are really bad examples. Toei is Toei and nobody is bigger. The rest of the industry combined isn't as big as Toei but Ghibli is dead, Sunrise is Bamco(toy company) and Khara is NTV.

moving away from the slave labor.

Nothing

Its not Gainax

The fanbase.

The animation became too forced.

Pretty much this. Consistently high quality, but poor source material backing it. Tamako Love Story was okay though.

>Nothing.

Exactly

/thread

>. Sad!

Can we banned that expression?

Kill yourself bastard.

What's the point of good animation when everything else is boring?

They started to publish light novels themselves.

Comedy?
Is this comedy?
Am I suppose to laugh?
At what part should I start laughing?

Amagi was their last great work.

Autism. Sad!

this.

again, some good writing, or just a good challenging story to take you AWAY from the tropes rather than TOWARDS the tropes, is that so hard to ask?

Why would you watch anime if you want good writing?

Well they're still the best studio. If that's wrong then I guess nobody is right.

because there were times when the writing, the story and concepts were challenging, not perfect, but challenging, but now they don't even try anymore, or at best do everything post-modern...

its like modern hollywood vs all the original franchises they are now rebooting and ripping off. they are so away of the tropes they are either either consciously conforming or breaking the tropes, where as the originals didn't even focus on tropes and went straight for the story. both industries are locked in this complex.