I've missed this feeling. The feeling of watching a modern classic in the making. Unironically...

I've missed this feeling. The feeling of watching a modern classic in the making. Unironically, I haven't felt this way since Kill la Kill days. Fucking Trigger is going to do it. The madmen are going to save anime. And this time it will be a real masterpiece. God speed, Trigger.

>modern classic
>kill la kill

Please go away memelord

It's still better than roughly 75% of all anime produced

Sturgeon's law says 90% of everything, including anime, is crap. If only 75% of anime is better than it then KLK is 15% away from being not shit

It dropped the ball in the second half, but when it started airing it felt like it would be the real thing.

It sucks to say this, but its really not that good. The direction choices for these past two episodes are just weird. They want to bring in the audience that might have not watched the OVA but also keep beating down that Ursula is Chariot and give the impression that Lotte and Sucy as if they've been together for a long time for the people that watched both OVAs, even though they've barely known each other for a whole day yet. I can easily see Akko becoming a Mary Sue and the Shiny Rod answering any problems whenever the plot needs it to. There is no reason any of them should have the magical knowledge they have at their first day of school and will lead to either very little or absolutely no character growth by the end of the show. I hope I am wrong but so far I have been pretty disappointed.

You fucker don't know how bad I want this card

annnnd where can you start watching this? I heard Netflix but it isn't up there yet besides the two specials.

>jojofag
Your opinion is trash and it doesn't matter.

I worded that pretty poorly because I'm pretty drunk right now. What I'm trying to say is that this episodes goal should have been to establish Lotte, Sucy, and Akko's friendship. There is very little reason why any of them should be friends, other than being forced to be roommates (even then they've only been roommates for barely a day) but instead it expects us to just accept that they are friends because they are in the OVA.

masterani.me
nyaa.se
Welkomen to the klub, newfriend.

It's obvious Ursula is Chariot, but I don't see what gave you that impression about Lotte and Sucy. The 3 of them were interacting normally and got caught together in the situations by coincidence. Also this is not a college dorm where all freshmen act awkward, any boarding school has quick developments like that

Sure, I guess. I dont know what boarding school life is like, but I would not want to be friends with someone who tried to kill me at least twice while they did absolutely nothing to redeem themselves.

I still stand on the fact that none of them should be able to do the kind of magic that they are doing on their first day of school and ruins a lot of growth that could have happened as the series went on.

You're right about the near-murder, but I think they are just treating it as comic relief. Sucy will probably almost murder someone every episode.

Learning magic outside school is murky territory, they all come from witch families so some magical knowledge must be passed down from the parents. You can't even GET there without using magic to fly. Diana & Sucy don't even appear to care much about school. I think we'll see that Luna Nova is the "proper" think to do so everyone goes there, but the great families all learn in-house and studying by themselves.

What magic are you talking about? Akko is a complete amateur without Shiny Rod. Lotte hasn't shown anything. Sucy is a very talented witch, only second to Diana.

It's flopping though.

flopping in nipland but that's fine since it was directed towards westerners anyways

I hope you're right. I'm comparing this show to the only thing that is can be compared to, Harry Potter, and in that series the kids barely know shit by the time they enter Hogwarts. They do basic stuff from the start and we see the characters magic skills progress with each year. It seems Sucy and Diana already know everything so its pointless to even care.

>on their first day of school
I thought Akko was the only new student, and everyone else was just returning from some break that occurs between years.

>little bitch academia
>classic anything

Go away memelord

Can't be helped. It doesn't have faggots in it or idolshit. It will still make more money in the west, tho.

Trigger seems to be struggling with longer anime in the recent past and decided to take on 2cour. Just look at the difference in quality between Luluco(enjoyable)>Ninja Slayers(mediocre meme anime)>Kiznaiver(trash). Boggles my mind why Trigger wouldn't just stick with shorts and let that be there thing since it works so well with their powerpoint style of anime.

Pretty sure LWA won't be able to dethrone Inferno Cop as the best Trigger anime just like the others before it. Just merge with Gainax again, please.

Lotte did say stuff in the first episode like how she was "bringing back" gifts from home, and that since she didn't recognize Akko she must be new, meaning she must already be familiar with everyone at the school.

Don't encourage short anime where the show being bad is supposed to be the joke.

>inferno cop
>bad

get out.

Don't respond to meme posters.

>facts are memes
Really making me think

Lol no

Spank you newfriend! Just saw the first two episodes of the show. Already feel good about this one from now to the end. I'm shocked Trigger isn't going perverted or anything on this one and is trying to make a more serious show for the viewers.

it's a copypasta you dip

2/10
See me after class.

OP, I've loved LWA since the first OVA and I contributed to the Kickstarter, but chill out. The TV series is by no means extra special so far. It's very cute, absolutely, but not much beyond that (but hey, it doesn't need to be, that's fine).

Agree. LWA has been shit for the most part for now.

BDs aren't even out yet, shitposter-kun, try harder next time.

It's a kid's show.

It is from the bottom and up, undisputably, a kid's show.

You're watching the equivalent of children's cartoons on nickelodeon, people.

The fuckers better make trading cards, holy shit

go back to your autistic stalker threads

I want to murder main character for being so obnoxious

It's really too soon for this. I mean, episode 1.

nickelodeon has no diana though

Glad to see this shit flopping, though

Sucy was born and raised in a Monsanto factory, she's not even a witch.

>>***,238位/***,248位 (***,239 pt) [*,**0予約] 2017/04/19 LWA BD

Which group is releasing the better subs at the moment?

It's litterally the most watched anime of the season in Japan

its shit and flopping hard

Kill la Kill was horrible and will not stand the test of time.

This on the other hand feels timeless, based Yoshinari.

Is this good?

Do the BDs have subs?

nobody cares about BD pre orders 2 weeks after a show starts.

Sturgeon also said, "cocks are really tasty".

So I told Trigger to save anime... and
he actually did it the absolute madman
hahaha

that fat pink haired girl ruins it for me

It looks like it's gonna be the third best selling show of the season and do between 5-7k, so not a flop in the slightest.

>I've missed this feeling. The feeling of watching a modern classic in the making.
I feel nothing of the sort. Honestly, with the production values of the OVAs gone, it only feels sort of like a good mahou shoujo.

>Ursula had a vision decades ago
>She saw a special witch without a family transforming magic world forever
>Dedicated all her life in order to present witchcraft for young normal kids
>Sacrificed her reputation and credibility in the way, just for a good cause
>Just like the prophecy said, the kid found her chariot arc
>All her past visions are coming true
>She knew that would happen so she instructed youngster through silly trading cards, being really stealth about it
>If everything goes according to the plan the kid will be the true Shiny Chariot and change wizard world
>yfw Akko ultimate form is the golden rare card

>Ursula is Aizen now

>mfw

screencapping this, just for good measure

>The feeling of watching a modern classic in the making. Unironically, I haven't felt this way since Kill la Kill days. Fucking Trigger is going to do it. The madmen are going to save anime. And this time it will be a real masterpiece. God speed, Trigger.
You're just decived by some really good animation and direction. At the moment the content of the show itself is extremy meh.

I dunno about Kill la Kill, but I get the same feeling. At the very least I feel that this show has more potential to be good than anything in the past couple years.

>first 5minutes of first ep
>absolutely nothing is happening
Do I need to be drunk to find this interesting or what?

Just watched the first episode.

It's pretty fun, I can't say I'm confident that Trigger can deliver 100% quality over 25 episodes though.

>Kabbalastic astrological divination

Do you think Trigger is actually going to explore esoteric Jewish mysticism or are they just putting this here to be cool?

They already name dropped Pythagoras, so at least they have a Greek hook to pull in that part of the world.

Ep 2 was shit. Too much unnecessary exposition.

That's just like, your opinion.

OPM and Mob are also modern classics.

It's actually a numerology class
People on Sup Forums got triggered thinking it was a math class, saying the calculus were stupid, unaware that's how you supposed to make numerology charts ( ex :1+1+1 = 3 )

In this scene they are using a Kabbalistic numerology system. What means the results numbers are connected to the numbers of the tree of life,

But I doubt it's the only system they are learning.

It's appropriated since from what it seems there's a tree/forest theme going on

seconded

>since Kill la Kill
WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAA

>Explains how Pythagoras is the foundation of divination and sorcery, while showing a system way older than Pythagoras himself

What a terrible school, no wonder they are going bankrupt

OPM? Fuck no.
Mob is really good but modern classic is excessive.

>Pythagoras of Samos laid the foundations of divination and sorcery.
>The Kabbalastic Tree of Life, according to tradition, dates from Eden.
>Pythagoras wasn't even Jewish, so he'd never know what it was anyways.

What does Trigger do this shit?

Do they really think Westerners aren't watching this show?

That's a pretty laughable top ten

They're classics because ONE fills a massive hole of quality comedy in the industry while being fantastically animated.

They're not good shows let alone classics. What do you think classic means?

3/10

The rest is just trash to fill in your shitty chart. It really reflects on your low-taste on anime, you mongrel pleb. I bet you post on face-book and circlejerk in Anime analysis videos on youtube, HAH.

Well I guess I liked Mob a lot more than OPM but both were a joy to watch, compared to the standard shlock.

Luluco is also highly enjoyable but I feel it doesn't get enough recognition to be a classic.

Something a community decides is good after a period of time. Timeless.

Yeah, and it's true. What's your point?

They don't know a thing about the powerful christian magic

>Pythagoras wasn't even Jewish, so he'd never know what it was anyways

Im not Buddhist but i know who Buddha is supposed to be. I guess that means im just full of shit then huh?

Its hardly a plot hole. If whatever they are supposed to be referencing is implied to exist in that world its entirely possible for people to have knowledge of it.

Let's see yours.
OPM isn't a classic because the anime is a boring 1:1, panel to panel adaption with shit backgrounds and the only saving grace of some bursts of sakuga here and there. Mob is in a different universe.
No, I'm satisfied with all the (You)s I get here.

>autism

He was saying how showing Kabbala while saying Pythagoras came first was kind of stupid

see

I think I can explain why Akko is in the same year as Diana, Sucy and Lotte.
The Japanese school year end in March, while the British school year ends in July.
However, the British have their Easter Break starting March.
So I think Akko transferred to Luna Nova during their Easter Break, so she is in the same year as Lotte, Sucy and Diana.
This would explain why all the other students know each other and why she was put in the same year with them.

Wind Rises
Kaguya-hime
Tatami Galaxy
Ping Pong
Space Dandy
Robot Dad
Miss Hokusai

Y'know, I don't think there have been enough things to make a top ten worth making.

Do you think there's any chance at all of that happening to Mob or One Punch Man?

The top ten I posted was obviously only about TV anime.

There certainly haven't been enough good TV shows then.

Meh.

MPD, YKA, etc. certainly have nothing to envy to the ones you posted and already are on the list.

Except it's, you know, good.
I'd watch Ed, Edd, n' Eddy today, if it were airing. American animation is a fucking joke right now. The only thing we're doing better than the japs is cg stuff.

>American animation is a fucking joke right now. The only thing we're doing better than the japs is cg stuff.

- Adventure Time
- Gravity Falls
- Steven's Universe (don't like it tho)

They dont have competition when it comes to comedy.
If someone asks 10y from now "whats the best anime comedies past 20y?" they'll get OPM/Mob Psycho as answers.

I enjoyed them but I hesitate to call either good. Penguindrum collapsed in the middle, and YKA looked like shit and was horribly compromised narratively.

>all mediocre Sup Forumsmblr shit

Inferno Cop is legitimately hilarious though.

> Pythagoras died around 500 BC
> The first mention of Sephiroth, the Sefer Yetzira is normally dated around 200-300 AD

Yeah man, way older.

I'll give you adventure time, just because I've actually seen a gaggle of 19-22 year olds that was obsessed with it and the few episodes I've seen looked really good.
Gravity Falls looks like a neat premise, but it falls into the same samefacey formula that CN set with Gumball, SU, and a few other shows, when it comes to the art style. Nothing nice about it from an animation standpoint.

SU is just liquefied degeneracy, and I can't believe people are ok with that shit being fed to their kids.

Why?

You can't blame a show for being samefacey while watching anime, y'know

>calarts shit
The only good western anime currently airing is MLP

Can too.