What will save anime?

What will be the saviors of anime from Fujoshi trend?

As it stands now competitors for Hero role are:
1) Isekai anime. We`ll be getting plenty of those in the future, and its great.
2) Mobage adaptations. Bahamut, Granblue, Chain Chronicles, dozens others including some this season. The main advantage being big budgets since comopanies who order them can pay, as well mostly original stories since Mobage stories itself are rudimentar at best mostly (granblue being exceptino). Still waiting for Horse Girls by PA Works.
3) Chinese anime. Every season now there is more and more chinese produced/or produced for chinese in cooperation with Japanese anime titles. So far 90% of them are shit, but they are steadily improving. The Avatar (about MMO PvP esport) financed by Tensent might be the first sign of big budget and good looking shows to come.
4) Yamakan making a come back.

Other urls found in this thread:

the-numbers.com/movie/Kimi-no-na-wa-(Japan)#tab=summary
supremecarlos.net/post/155932824647/your-name-kimi-no-na-wa-just-became-the
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_anime_films
fictionpress.com/s/3206139
animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-09-07/anime-director-yamakan-says-he-envies-makoto-shinkai-keit-ai/.106179
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Threadly reminder that Keit-ai is now the highest grossing anime film of all time. Shinkai has saved anime and Yamakan is jealous.

>$290,155,777

the-numbers.com/movie/Kimi-no-na-wa-(Japan)#tab=summary
supremecarlos.net/post/155932824647/your-name-kimi-no-na-wa-just-became-the
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_anime_films

>saved anime
>by making a hollywood summer flick
yeah, no.

I'd take 1000 fujoshit which I will never watch over one more Isekai garbage. That's for sure.

I think we are in the age of anime movies. Pretty much nothing and no one will save seasonal anime but there will be a rush to make the next Your Name. When all of those fail the money will probably come back.

Anime is being saved constantly by Dogakobo

Dogakobo did the Fujoshi garbage as near as last season. And its not their first such title. They sold their souls out long ago - cute girls are just side projects now.

Part 5 of JoJo

Cuckold the animation - this will bring the true emotions and money.

Isekai is love, isekai is life.

I am considering dropping following the 700 manga i do now and just reading isekai.

FINDS

I guess you mean seinen/shoujo ntr and yuribait drama - then no, most of it is shit. Kuzu no Honkai this season is one of a better examples, rest are worse.

By surpassing all Ghibli films and allowing Japan to make mainstream instead of niche anime again.

It's literally making anime great again.

Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139

No one cares about anime being mainstream, nor Ghibli movies were even considered "anime" in first place.

Only thing that matters is late night anime.

> save anime

what means this?

>The main advantage being big budgets since comopanies who order them can pay,
Why do people always say things like this, as though the companies behind normal anime can't pay? Here's a hint, the biggest producer in the industry right now is Aniplex, i.e. Sony, and their spending capacity far outclasses Netflix or Cygames or whatever other newcomer you're hyping up. The reason anime have small budgets isn't because the creators "can't pay," it's because only an idiot dishes out tons of money for something they could do on less. No one is interested in starting a spending war, because that would just hurt all of them, and animation quality has never been the defining factor in sales anyway.

Daily reminder that Yamakan envies Shinkai for making Keit-Ai.

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-09-07/anime-director-yamakan-says-he-envies-makoto-shinkai-keit-ai/.106179

Female consumers and fujosji in particular are taking over anime industry. Having better spending capacity, they push out otaku oriented titles making studios produce more and more fujoshit and female oriented shojo and otome titles. Women are ready to spend money, buy tickets to male VA events, top BD sales for shows like Uta wa Prince sama every season etc.

If you want to stop fujoshi for whatever reason then go buy more blurays instead of bitching you hetfag.
>1) Isekai anime. We`ll be getting plenty of those in the future, and its great.
pleb

You are in a thread full of retards.
The OP actually thinks the fujoshi are going to take over the market. Somebody else things some successful cinema movie will make LN adaptions less likely. Half of the rest are just spamming memes.
Save your breath.

>Why do people always say things like this, as though the companies behind normal anime can't pay?
You are ignorant pleb. Anime industry as whole is pretty poor, and no producers - not aniplex nor Bandai Namco bring really good budgets to it.

Its only outsiders that come and order stuff really bring money - be it pachinko, mobage, western or other funders.

fpbp

isekai shills get bent

You're illiterate, apparently. Reread my post, slowly this time.

No reason to. You are an idiot thinkin in terms of companies making anime to earn money, instead of thinking as consumer you are.

Prime examples of Animplex, Toei, Sunrise - are litteral jews that`ll produce cheap shit en masse so it brings them some cash as well merchandize sales. They are not motivated indeed to bring better funding to anime, nor at producing quality anime at all.

So you should be thankful for those stupid outsiders that throw money at air - as it allows creaetion of titles outside of the shit commercial mold.

>I refuse to read your post to realize that I'm completely misunderstanding your point
Continue ranting about irrelevant shit, I guess.

> it allows creaetion of titles outside of the shit commercial mold
I have to comment on this, though, because it's so exceptionally dumb. You don't seriously think that pachinko and mobage are outside of the commercial fucking mold, do you? Touken Ranbu, Granblue, and Kancolle are your idea of unusual, non-commercial undertakings?

It's just more chickens fighting over the same amount of crumbs.
It's literally making the anime industry poorer.

Bahamut, Granblue, Sengoku Otome, Highschool Fleet, Ixion Saga DT, Cinderella Girls, Punchline, Cerberus, God Eater, Chain Chronicles etc.

I for one am looking forward to Granblue anime a lot. And yes, they break out of the typical mold and offer a refreshing stuff. Not always good, but more ambitious than usu

Considering most of those are made exclusively to promote their products, you are wrong. Its only positive for studios themselves also since they are not worried about anime selling, while can produce high quality anime with high amount of freedom and creativity, not restriced by poor mans budget and schedules and need to pick 10 shit works to survive.

>Considering most of those are made exclusively to promote their products,
Exactly. Who is supposed to buy those products?
There is a slowly shrinking amount of otaku in Japan, and their purchasing power doesn't just grow because you offer them more stuff.
That's exactly why the fujoshi market is suddenly getting so big, because it's an untapped market. They are not taking over, because that would mean ignoring the male otaku market, which is equally suicidal to the industry right now as ignoring the fujoshi.

They need more customers, not more money lenders.

>And yes, they break out of the typical mold and offer a refreshing stuff.
How do they break out of the mold?

>Bahamut

Fujoshi loved Genesis though.

1) Many of the works are Original. The products advertised usually dont have decent written story, so studios just recieve money and told to go free sailing referencing some of the products characters/stuff. Good example being Bahamut. Not being based on LN/Manga is advantage, even if its adapted by story oriented title like Granblue with developed lore - its still inevitable expands on it.
2) Budget. Making great animation not usual for TV anime, since most studios cant afford taking risks with their project.
3) Different set of tropes. Anime is locked on its own cliches, while the mobage titles have different "taste" and set of own cliches.

also
>people shitting on Granblue anime as if its something negative
Kill yourselves. It will be the best thing that happened in a while if preview episodes are the standard. Though Sup Forums will be invaded by /vg/, but quality of threads not reflect quality of anime itself.

>1) Many of the works are Original.
Even if the source doesn't have a set story, that doesn't mean the anime adaptations don't tend to be as stale and generic as anything else and I don't think any of the anime you listed actually disagree with that much.
>2) Budget. Making great animation not usual for TV anime, since most studios cant afford taking risks with their project.
So where do you get your information on TV anime budgets from? I rarely see any hard statistics among the various claims about anime budgets. Do mobage anime and similar actually have larger budgets than LN/manga based anime? Would that even make a difference? I remember Bahamut and Cinderella Girls both suffering significant production problems along the way and I don't think mobage anime on average look substantially different to most other anime either.

It doesn't need saving.

>fujoshi spotted

Everything you just mentioned is terrible.

Everyone you just quoted is terrible.

>Isekai
>terrible
It is objectively best development since invention of Moe.

It was pretty clearly a side team, though. None of the DGKB style was there.

Sup Forums loves saying this, but just what exactly does saving anime mean?

Nothing at all.

5) More animated East Asian heterodramas. At least Normalfags would start to buy jap cartoon shit while fujos and shounenfags getting BTFO

Not gonna happen since they compete with East Asian Live Action heterodramas.

>Sup Forums image
>speaking of purging

There's no fujoshi trend. Just think about it. When there are 2 or 3 fujo shows per season, there are only several places for them to dump their money. The actual size of the niche is normal. They just seem much larger because all their buying is funnelled into much fewer titles. If studios decided to try and do some cash grab shit with the fujo market, we'd probably just see the same amount of money ends up getting spread around.

>chinese cartoons

god no. Seen some shit from China. They're godawful

>Season of anime they don't like means anime is dying
>Season of anime they like means anime has been saved.

we actually have 3 this season alone (ACCA, 3gatsu, and Showa Genroku)

You say that like those anons in question even try more than 5 shows per season.

oh no make that four (Onihei)

Every illustration of Death March has Satou making the same stupid face. It reminds me of Summertime Saga memes.

This is wrong. There was steady increase in female oriented titles and that includes not just gay stuff, but also Otome and Shoujo. Studios that never before did fujoshit, are not doing it on regular basis.

Just this season:
ACCA
Yaoi no Exorcist
Marginal 4
Super Lovers 2
Reikenzan
Spiritpakt
Zestria
Yowamushi
All Out
Trickster

And this is considering this is one of actually most pandering to otaku seasons, others are worse.

Proves my point, since they all will bomb. Especially 3gatsu, which is unneeded slaugther of good manga so there is no reason to watch it - the announced live action movie will be 10 times better.

Similarly Showa Genroku and likes only can have limited success and IF they are successful as anime might get Live Action adaptations for real mainstream audience. Anime is still niche, LA is much much bigger.

I just want more Macchi

otome and shoujo are not fujo.

The 3-Gatsu anime has been fantastic. The only reason to complain is if you don't like Shaft-isms, but even those have been toned down a lot. Though you wouldn't know that since you decided it was shit and didn't give it a chance.

>uneeded slaughter of a good mango

SHAFT actually did better this time unlike their past shit. I really like how they did those angst scenes. But, of course JC staff would do better and its a shame why they didnt picked it up. Reminds me of Arakawa under the Bridge but better

>Zestria
Is blowing fujos out as we speak

>JC staff would do better
I don't think so. Shaft really are the only people who can make shows with so much dialogue interesting to look at.

they actually made H&C better. IMO, the annie may was better than its comic counterpart. There were also reasons why it got pretty high sales when it was aired on noitaminA

>JC staff would do better
Not a chance. Shaft is absolutely the best choice because they really understand how to create a mood and sell the importance of small moments.

This is out of 40+ series airing.

Fujo anime is doing good, but it's not dominating the industry in any way.

2016 top seller is Love Live. Followed by Monogatari again.

>not a chance

They have a pretty good streak when it comes with these kinds of shows. They also have Kasai which is a very suitable director for the show tbfh

>Fujoshi trend
How new can you be?

What can save anime is adapting to new technologies and trends, improving the quality of anime on its writing/direction end, and reducing the total amounts produced seasonally.

Make no mistake about it.
Right now anime is digging itself a LN/mobage hole and making more and more content that's just too bad to even care about it.

Not a good direction overall.

What's wrong with more female-oriented titles? Half of the consumer base is female, and half of those titles you listed aren't fujo at all. Not to mention how shoujo anime are incredibly rare to come by nowadays compared to 15 years ago, so I'm not sure why you even consider that a problem.

You also listed two anime adapted from Chinese works, which has nothing to do with targeting fujoshi but everything to do with Chinese producers funding shit aimed toward the Chinese market.

Yea, the industry is basically following the hollywood model, not to the same degree, but it seems like they are very risk averse.

It might come back to bite them eventually, but it seems like people know what they want and its easier to give it to them rather than coming up with original (or at least something fresh).

I suspect thats why your name got a lot of press, its not anything really groundbreaking but its definitely not part of the endless isekai/moe/harem/robot/school battle stuff and it became extremely popular despite that.

I don't doubt they could do a fine job, but 3-Gatsu matches most of Shaft's strengths.

>its definitely not part of the endless isekai/moe/harem/robot/school battle stuff and it became extremely popular despite that.
Is this your first mainstream anime?

There's a muh experimental muh artsy show or two every season. Stop seeing what you want to see.

The problem is that nobody knows where the next big hit will come from. Production committees have been investing in a variety of shows that nobody really expects to sell well because nobody really knows what will sell well. Even among formulaic shounen battlers its hard to judge what will become popular and what won't ahead of time. By making a wide variety of anime they cast a wider net for the next big thing. One Madoka or SAO sized success can easily pay for all the flops it takes to fish for it. That's also why we're getting an increasing number of anime planned for one cour, rather than two or four.

>Exorcist
Regular shounenshit. All yaoi comes from fujo-goggles and MC can be homo only with his brother which is nothing. It'll end with something like "he grew up and became super exorcist who married one of the main girls and half of the fans are mad that he chose her"
>Zestiria
Fujos btfo.
>Yowamushi
>All Out
Your regular sports anime for fujoshi who thinks that it hides their powerlevel and pretend they watch it for sports.
>Super Lovers 2
>Spiritpakt
>Marginal 4
Piece of shit for desperate fujos who like to eat out of garbage can just to get something. Sells bad because is bad and japanese girls are embarrassed to buy a title which clearly states that it is about gay men.

>robots in anime in the current year
watch more than 14 shows before you post

Chinese will never make a good anime, That is a stone cold fact.

Everything they've put out so far is complete garbage.

They need to make more, and actually put faith in them.
Look at Flip Flappers, it was really good but it lacked one of the most important things to sell, marketing.
And still those sorts of shows are too rare.

>implying you'll watch every anime in season when there won't be any gay smell in them and if anime has a male character he is the only one in entire universe of that anime
>implying you won't find something else to bitch about

I swear you flifa fags are more pretentious than monogatarishitters. It wasn't good. Everything people claim that was good about it was pulled out of the internet's ass.

i just dont know why they would not dare to advertise their shows. I think that the studio/ promoter have a responsibility for this not to sell. Your Name got successful because of those white japanophiles on LA Anime expo. Japs shilled so hard for their reactions (weebs actually cried and did a standing ovation after the movie ended)

It was good until Cocona's mom revealed herself.

By the way, can you quickly explain to me why Papika became young again?
I seem to have missed that.

Fujos saved anime.

Mimi trapped her in PI and regressed her ago so she could be a better buddy for cocona.

Consensus is "advertising well is expensive, budget went to making the show good instead, not much to advertising".

Which is my point.
More budget, more advertisement, more potential sales. As if they wanted to keep the risks low and set out to make a good show hoping it'd stand on its own. And it sort of has, but only in the west.

Look mate those degenerates are here to stay along with the current ones, so either learn to live with it or start building that bunker because it's going to get worse.

Outside of the 4th wall, it was part of the themes of psychology/philosophy the author enjoyed and weaved into the show's structure.

In universe, Papika got trapped in a part of Pure illusion that was unstable time shenanigans happened to her.
Remember pure illusion changes people, she was stuck there long enough for those changes to be that extreme.

Agreed, after that point the show didn't do such a good job at pacing itself and it wasn't as digestible and immediately rewarding as before. A lot of the things that happened could have been delivered in a way that actually reached the audience better or had a bigger impact, and the animation while still full of many good moments and never actually bad, still stopped being so all around great as it was before. I don't consider them huge flaws because rewatching those episodes is an enjoyable experience, it lessens the issue of over the place exposition and sudden pacing, stuff makes more sense or feels more interesting with the added context of a rewatch.

And the animation is understandable, since the show already had gone overbudgeted by then, was behind schedule and that's not such a rare thing in the world of anime, the result was still not or even mediocre it was just less impressive than what had been the norm for the show before.

What a nice friend.

What makes you think anime can be saved?

What are you talking about OP, might I remind you that based yuasa has three projects all coming out this year?Anime is already saved (atleast until the next fujoshit season which would be the ultimate regression).

So, Handshakers

Based GoHands

Cupids Chocolate proves you wrong

Plus Koreans are actually pretty good at anime (movies at least) too

>blaming marketing for flop of shit boring show

You mean saved Gundam

Gundam IS anime.

This sort of trolling is a waste of time because nobody who actually saw the show can seriously call it boring.
Flawed? Of course, it's not perfect.
Many things about it can be criticized. But "boring" is not something anyone would seriously describe it as.

I've found Yoru wa Mijikashi Arukeyo Otome. What else is he doing? I'm interested.

It was boring. And that is main issue and real reason why it did flop. Rolling Girls was more exciting and better directed show than FF even.

It flopped because people did not enjoy watching it - you cant go around this fact no matter what you try. Even on Sup Forums it was small circlejerk after first few episodes where it became clear it`ll not be anything good.

Fuck off dumbshit