SKYKING SKYKING DO NOT ANSWER war is coming boys get the fuck in here and get /comfy/

>TUNE IN:
websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/
[Loc J032kf]

>SKYKING FREQUENCIES:
main: 8992 11175
backup: 4724 6739 13200 15016
mode: USB

>WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
numbers-stations.com/media/articles/EAMs.pdf
ominous-valve.com/hfgcs.txt

>CALLSIGN LIST:
henney.com/chm/callsign.htm
panix.com/~clay/scanning/Frequencies/Military/mil-callsigns.txt (out of date)

>FREQUENCIES:
mwlist.org/mwlist_quick_and_easy.php?area=1&kHz=648

>LIST OF ALTERNATE WEBSDRs THAT CAN BE TUNED TO SKYKING:
[Gist] WebSRD_full_list.txt (embed)

>LISTENING STATION LOCATIONS:
levinecentral.com/ham/grid_square.php

>MILITARY AIR TRAFFIC:
global.adsbexchange.com/VirtualRadar/desktop.html
Go to options, filters (check enable filters), and select military.

Alternative WebSDRs that can be tuned to SKYKING:
[Loc FN21mh] fq 4724 8992 15016
[Loc KO04sd] fq 4724 6739 8992
[Loc GH80Ac] fq 4724 6739 11175
[Loc NO13th] fq 13200 15016
[Loc JN70fq] fq 13200 15016
[Loc LO64dv] fq 6739 13200 15016
[Loc FN20xd] fq 4724 6739 15016
[Loc GG53ob] fq 4724 6739 15016
Full list [Gist] WebSRD_full_list.txt (embed)
Location of listening stations - Maidenhead Grid Square - levinecentral.com/ham/grid_square.php

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/bowden_jayden/status/938563201654050821
marinetraffic.com/
cnet.com/pictures/a-rare-peek-inside-americas-doomsday-plane-pictures/21/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

twitter.com/bowden_jayden/status/938563201654050821

Hello. Has there been activity?

not that i know of just made the thread and hopped on, so sit back pull up the coms grab a blanket and get /comfy/

There was a long EAM earlier today around the time Cheeto Hitler was recognizing Jerusalem as Israel's capital.

we got a skyking charlie lema overloard

I noticed on the Skyking Blogspot I had a huge uptick in visitors since yesterday but yeah, I hadn't noticed anything while monitoring.

Don't know where all the visitors came from.

you should add marine vessel tracking to the list

Major Happenings Across multiple Threads
Put on your Full Armor Brothers!!

marinetraffic.com/ ?

It keeps Happening!!!!!!!!!

Grab a soft /comfy/ blanket user

yeah thats a decent site unfortunately it doesn't show military vessels but i think unspecified vessels probably falls into that character

i looked at it maybe a few months ago and you could literally see the aid ships of tunisia their to take on illegal immigrants to greece

Hey Memefeng, anything new and exciting?

skyking coming in codename savage

I don't know of a site that tracks military ships but if you find one, let me know. I think they only leave the AIS on in port if at all.

Not a whole lot. Been playing with my ham gear when I can and am trying to find work anywhere I can get it (mostly poor paying content writing shit). Would love any leads if you have any. I'm flat broke.

Have you thought about applying to work for Airinc as a radio operator?

WE WUZ SKYKANGZ

I don't think I have the qualifications they need. Also it looks like I would have to relocate which is an impossibility (I care for two sick, elderly parents).

I remember you mentioning your Mom and Dad. Do they have anything you can do remotely? It seems like you have some unique experience that might apply to their needs.

nice to see you back memefag

I don't hear shit

there was a skyking around 8 min ago

I was looking on their Careers section and it says they have no position open right now.

I just got my Volunteer Examiner license (real easy to get) to give tests to new hams. That doesn't actually pay (they reimburse you for gas and pencils) but it means I can get my instructor license next and teach emergency communications to local police and fire (beyond their normal emergencies) for pay.

That's going to take some time, I need more certifications for that, but I think it would be a good part time job (all I really need).

Happy to be here.

i always love these threads, slow and comfy.
bump for skykangz

I hear you. In my particular specialty you can make some good cash as an examiner for government licensing and it's, for the most part, a cash business.

These threads always end up being nothing, but goddamit, I love 'em.

Yeah, I did instructing part time in my old field before I was injured and was an FTO. I kind of miss instructing. Plus, it's kind of neet to see someone light up when they are told they passed their Ham exam; kid at Christmas stuff.

They're comfy.

They're insanely /comfy/
I had the same experience in my field. Just the other day I ran in to someone I hadn't seen in nearly 20 years and he was a successful professional in my field. I was his first instructor. That was pretty cool.

this, its like /pol light.
no shilling no nazis no baitfags.. just a nice chat.
sure sometimes some idiot will fall onto this side of the fence but its mostly good spirit

I've said this before, but these threads remind me of the hurricane ones from last summer. Just goodwill and no negativity. Trolls are ignored. This thread is 100% pure distilled Sup Forums

Can someone explain to me what exactly skyking is?

is that an ass or a coffee table? havent decided myself

we listen to military radio coms and wait for a skyking

It's a nice break from the 100+ threads about moving the embassy and "Are X Y?" threads. Speculation, mostly. These are US Air Force coded messages (we can't crack them). "Skyking" is a prefix to calls that are believed to be priority messages.

Skykingradio.
blogspot.
com

(shameless self-plug)

How do you listen to it and what is a skyking?

this, mostly nothing happens but you do get a sense of where military planes are and what is happening.
also skyking is the first place to hear a nuke fall.

>websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/
>[Loc J032kf]
>>SKYKING FREQUENCIES:
>main: 8992 11175
>backup: 4724 6739 13200 15016
>mode: USB
turn on squelch and get /comfy/

She's about to poop

type 4724.00 in the frequency section
Select USB
Select Squelch

Hang out here and shitpost with us while you wait for a message.

I hope and pray skykangz come through on a happening cause cbts is bull shit.

I know a bit about air force stuff. I wasn't in, but I know a lot of guys who were. Most of it is pretty mundane. HF is almost exclusively used for position reports on long flights, Satcom (which is encrypted) is where the juicy stuff is. Does anyone know a good ACARS decoder? That's fairly interesting.

So what is a skyking though?

Exactly.

I love the chaos confrontational threads, but sometimes it's nice to sit in a thread where you're not worried about some jackoff (who ironically is probably on your side in the firstt place) calling you names and telling you to fuck off before he fuck's your mother.

Sometimes civility is a nice break.

It's a type of coded message that is likely "urgent" traffic to Air Force assets (including the "Doomsday" Nightwatch and Mercury aircraft).

Ah. Those aircraft happen to be B1Bs right?

Not necessarily. Skyking is almost certainly the AWACS controller.

theirs a king in the sky and we listen for him using radio

No, the Nightwatch plane is a "Flying Pentagon" (E-4B) that is a back-up to the Pentagon and the Mercury (e-6B) are Navy planes that cans send launch codes to the submarines with a 6 mile lone antenna.

what you need to know is that skyking is slow, really slow and nothing might happen in a day.
but stick around and youll learn more.
mostly this is just a comfy thread to wait for any military updates.
see it as the happening waiting room.

it's not coming you fucking sperglord niggerfaggot autist, jesus christ

Far and above the most sensible post from that flag all year. Still cringe seeing the Star of Remphan, but whatevs

I'll ask here: Any Arduino cats know how easy it would be to set up 6 of those 2x30 LED displays in a small box and have each display a city name and the current local time under it?

I want one of those clocks that display 6 or more time zones like in the military but they cost a $1,000. I'm also thinking of making an Arduino "Geochron" (that map of the world that shows where it's dark and where it's daylight) with a 5 inch LCD display.

Might try to make them look good and sell them on Ham Radio sites for a little cash, too.

drop it into /diy/ theres even an arduino general chat there

/skykang/ breads are often the comfiest threads.
sit back and throw on some wave, anons.
The storm is uoon us.

You're probably better off with a Raspberry Pi and a cheap LCD to do that. Just configure Linux to boot in to a clock instead of X or something like that.

sometimes the chicongo scanner ones can be pretty comfy and peachy

>[Loc J032kf]
>main: 8992 11175

totally new to this form of /comfy/, mind explaining? Are these settings?

skyking inbound

we have a skyking

and yes the hurricane ones were comfy and cozy and fun as fuck.

I forgot diy is even a board. I'll look into it.
Thought about that, but I have seen dual display Arduino kits (different purpose) and it's like $14 with LCD displays for my need.

See You just missed a Skyking. 3rd in a row.

How can you tell? What should I set this USB/AM/PM shit to?

you should have heard it 2 min ago. just leave it on usb

USB. All the USAF HFGCS frequencies are in Upper Side Band.

i literally closed the fucking thing for two god damn minutes and i missed it. fuck.

>war is coming
no, its not

YOU CANT UNDERSTAND WHAT THE EAM MEANS, ITS UNCLASSIFIED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

thanks, already had those in place so i heard it

There is always a war coming

so is that it for tonight? there wont be another one?

war is inevitable, even if the next one is in 200 years

Forgot about them, /cpd/ is top notch
I loved the /ahsg/, I live in Houston, so this was a great thread for me
Ah, thought the Pi might end up cheaper.

depends, it can sometimes get crazy busy at the weirdest time.
like when trump dropped the moab, or when korea starts to reeeee

one can believe

I fly on the AWACS

Wait, the NAOC is the plane sending out these messages?

Oh, and for anyone who is waiting on me to finish the Mouser Parts list for the mcHF radio, the Project just came out with a new design that is 3 boards instead of two, so I have started doing the Bourns to Mouser parts list and came across a serious error ($50 parts) that I emailed to mcHF and am awaiting them to update the new Bourns list for conversion.

I promise I'll have the conversion list out by Xmas.

can somebody post an infosheet on tracking military planes on the map for the new guys?

The 707 or C-135 version?

It's possible and when one is airborne (there's 4 of them) and we hear engine noise in the background, it's very possible it's coming from Nightwatch.

>all these tankers and sensor aircraft on the west coast
>all these skykings
it's till not happening is it?

Sometimes on old Boeings you hear a sidetone in the radio. The 767-300 is really bad about this, it's like a high pitched hum.

Lol, I know quite a few guys that flew those. Were you a pilot or a radio operator?

nightwatch:

cnet.com/pictures/a-rare-peek-inside-americas-doomsday-plane-pictures/21/

NAOCs don't fly that often if I'm not mistaken. And then one is always on the ground on standby in case the shit happens.

You can *sometimes* track them on ADS-B exchange.

One Mercury is almost always airborne from what we've noticed ITTs.

Radio operater. I'm an Airborne Surveillance Technician.

Nice. This thread is comfy. I can talk about things I often don't get to.

Yeah, there's usually a few more ham radio guys in these beyond me. I like talking with them.

Cool. I'm not military or a radio guy, but I end up sitting next to a lot of your pilots for hours at a stretch.

bump

what's active lately 8992 or 11175?

After dark, you want to use lower frequencies (4724 or 6739) but they all simulcast the same (important) messages. 11175 sometime does phonepatches, which are amusing, but not important.