I think it's interesting the way they combined the symbolism of Ancient Greek astrology with the Tree of Life from the...

I think it's interesting the way they combined the symbolism of Ancient Greek astrology with the Tree of Life from the Zohar (kabbalah) here. Am I the only one who noticed this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gematria
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Date a Live.

they just threw together all the mystic symbols they could find

I doubt there's any deep meaning behind any of it. Looks like another case of "we put it in because it looks complicated".

ZANKOKU NA TENSHI NO YOU NI

>random symbols used to look complex
>"interesting"

I bet you also think anime are really smart when they reference Schrodinger's cat too.

Is this that filipino girl Witch show?

Yup

This.
It's like when they keyboard mash to put up english text.

>greeks
>being first to magic
>ignoring fucking Hermes Trismegistus
>those alchemical symbols tossed about with no rhyme and reason
At least they got the symbols of the fire, water, air and earth somewhat right, but fuck.

The only thing that's worse than throwing around Judaism or Nordic stuff to sound deep are shows who mix everything they get. Just take a few Greek names, Jewish symbols, mention some shallow Yggdrasil bullshit and mix that with some entry level philosophy or thought experiment.
>inb4 Schrödinger's cat

This

> random arithmetic thrown on the board

> 1 + 1 = 2
> 2 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 2
> 2 + 2 = 4

Did they run out of ideas to fill the board? Or am I missing some deeper meaning here?

>Everyone in this thread sperging out
The teacher was stumbling over every word and diana corrected what was a simple note of the lecture, I think this was to point to the instructor incompetence not to the throwing stuff at a wall.

Jewish Numerology, kind of a long forgotten thing but it isn't just random numbers.

>literally 2+2=4

I thought they were dumb, but now I see they are just trolling

1+1+2000 = 2002
2002 = 2+0+0+6-4
64 = 6*8
6 = upside down 9
8 = 4*2
2 = 1+1
1+1 = 11
9/11
Witches did 9/11

magic spells cant melt steel beams

Yes

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gematria

SHO-NEN YO, SHINWA NI NAAAAARREEEE!

Also, an ancient egyptian board game

Why are the witches using Kabbalastic astrological divination?

It seems really arbitrary to base the witch's magic off of esoteric Jewish mysticism.

wouldn't be surprised if they threw tic-tac-toe there

gas them and burn them at the stake

A good which learns as much magic bases as they can weave them together into their own unique form, like the school founder Edward Elrick

Magic is theft.

>senseless Kabbalah bullshit
>Schrödinger's cat

As a Jew physicist, you have no idea how often I have to roll my eyes at this shit.

>As a Jew physicist

All pure-blooded witches and wizards can trace their bloodlines to the lost 13th tribe of Israel.

Having studied gematria, I can tell you with a great deal of certainty that this isn't gematria. For one, no Hebrew letter or word ever has a value of zero. They just threw shit in there to fill space.

>kabbalastic numerology on left
>tree of life in middle
>talmud says at all times there are 36 special people in the world
>class had 36 seats

Trigger is literally playing 11-demensional chess.

>Having studied gematria
Attention whoring tripfag "studies" superstitious nonsense in the hopes of trying to make sense of his own pitiful existence.
How charming.

Because kabbalah is literally a cornerstone of western magical tradition. Hermeticists have used it since the birth of Christ at least.

Of course if we were following real-life traditions, witches would be practicing theurgy and low magic, not hermetic thaumaturgy.

The planetary correspondences to the Sephira are right though. But everything else in there is just gobbldygook.

>no Hebrew letter or word has a value of zero
>which is why the teacher cancels the zeroes out in the next line

[tips fedora]

As expected of the master

Hope he doesn't sue Trigger for stealing his idea

they probably just found the image on google

>Dude, slap me some mystical symbols for aesthetics

Where the fuck did I say that Kabbalah was bullshit?
I said that anime use it in a shitty way, hell they don't even use it - all they do is naming and mixing things that have nothing to do with each other. They never deal with actual occult stuff or myths or anything, they just throwing around names like "Sepiroth", "Thor", "Grail" or some random people everybody has heard of to make the series feel deep. It's why they use the Cat that often. It's not like this thought experiment is shit, it's that anime just use it for every simple bullshit they explain and they never go any deeper.

The zeros are cancelled out because of the rules of addition, but in gematria there's be no way for a zero to even get in there in the first place.

To be fair, the use of the Etz haChayim in FMA is used with a lot of meaning, which can't be said for its appearance in LWA.

>euaggelion
>the good news of the coming of the Messiah, the gospel; the gen. after it expresses sometimes the giver (God), sometimes the subject (the Messiah, etc.), sometimes the human transmitter (an apostle).

why dont you try to read posts before writing such long shit?

Because actual Gematria makes total sense, right?
Let's look at מלכות, one of the core concepts in Kabbalah (also in that OP pic). In Gematria it shares the same value with:
Grocery Store
Chicken soup
Sex with your ex
Female goat on fire

And countless other random phrases. Deep, huh?

It's fun because there are/were countless NGE fags who never stopped shouting about the deepness it has and they always attacked the people who said that it wasn't much more than just names to sound deep. It's actually what he said himself.

>Grocery Store
>Chicken soup
>Sex with your ex
>Female goat on fire
It would be rather terrifying if any of these had a magical linkage.

What's awful is that I can find a progression to these phrases.
>go to grocery store, buy chicken
>make chicken soup
>provide soup to ex in exchange for closure sex
>you remember why you broke up because she is like a female goat on fire

also asuka a shit

Yes, the sum of the values of a sequence of symbols always covers a smaller range than the values represented by the original sequence. Whoop whoop, what a surprise. That says absolutely nothing about its kabbalistic significance.

Jesus Christ, people have done that hundreds of years ago.

Family Guy already did that.

Jewish number magic and hermeticism is the whole base of all this occultism bullshit.

Goat on fire is clearly ISIS.
I wonder if Chicken Soup could be a reference to the eventual flooding of the Beijing area due to rising sea levels?

It says everything about its significance. You're just too stupid to realize this. It says that it has no significance, Kabbalistic or otherwise.

Gematria is the practice of trying to link together different words or concepts, believing that they have some connection, utilizing the sum of the numbers assigned to the letters. What I posted shows you that this doesn't work, because for every one connection that might sound remotely plausible, you can find literally hundreds of others that make no sense at all.
If you actually know any Hebrew, you can google מחשבן גמטריה and see what I mean.
מלכות got me well over 100 results, the majority nonsensical. I just chose the funnier ones.

So your method of trying to connect different concepts yields hundreds of connections that are obviously bullshit, and moreover - often you can even rephrase some sentence or concept so that it and its opposite have the same value. So you're left with a sea of bullshit, and your only choice is to handpick that one connection that you think makes sense, which you could have done anyway without resorting to a method that tells you that Malkhut and Chicken Soup share meaning in some sense.

Gematria has NO significance, not even within the bullshit framework of Kabbalah. This is basic logic, that even someone as worthless as a tripfag should be able to understand. It makes literally as much sense as claiming that Trent Reznor did 9/11 because "nine-eleven" and "nine-inch-nails" both start with "nine".

And there, I'm done. Time to filter you out. I've already given you more attention than you deserve, scum.

*מחשבון גימטריה
if you're actually really interested.

Pythagoras laid down the fucking basic pythagorean theorem

Cruel angel's thesis intensifies

Ok then, I won't argue with you, since you're clearly not interested in having any discussion whatsoever that doesn't conform to your views.

He was also weird, started a numerology cult, and tried to conceal the existence of irrational numbers because he thought the idea was heretical.

>Meanwhile in chuuni math class

Also angel comes from angelios, which means messenger.
They fight messengers with good news. 5 dimensional pottery.

>tried to conceal the existence of irrational numbers
No he fucking didn't, you mong. While historians don't know for sure who first discovered irrational numbers, it is generally believed to be about 100 years after Pythagoras' time, and there is no historical evidence whatsoever that he knew of them, let alone tried to conceal them.

But what's facts to a trip, right?

Yeah kind of a big leap from discovering algebra to inventing irrational numbers given those only really come up in much higher level mathematics and there wasn't even calculus back then

The goddamn square root of two is an irrational number. Pythagoras studied geometry, and that would naturally come up once he had his famous theorem as the length of the diagonals of a unit square.

I've analyzed the Jewish magic to the best of my ability.

I have no idea about the Greek astrology though, we need an expert in that.

good job user!

That page is either a troll, or full of errors. Human civilization didn't *exist* 10,000 years before Abraham is conventionally believed to have lived. If anything, historians often claim that kabbalah and gematria are much *newer*, dating to the Hellenic era.

And where do you get applying gematria to words that aren't in Hebrew? That's not kabbalah, that's Greco-Christian mysticism, which is a whole 'nother ball of wax.

I also think you're reading WAY too much into it. I sincerely doubt the Japs, especially a bunch of animators, have anything more than a cursory understanding of Jewish mysticism, and are not inclined to study it either.

Not to be mean, but Kabbalah numerology was adapted for Greek and Roman alphabets. For example, the Roman letters B, K, T are 2.

>Human civilization didn't *exist* 10,000 years before Abraham is conventionally believed to have lived

China has written history dating to 15,000BC. I can assure you Humans lived then. They had towns then. The entire "no civilization before Abraham" is profoundly ignorant and Euro-centric. Please kindly fuck off.

>Human civilization didn't *exist* 10,000 years before Abraham

10,000 years before Abraham is about 11-12,000 BC, there's archaeological evidence that Jericho was settled by at least 10,000 BC. There were tool-making human cultures throughout the Mesolithic, and the transition to the Neolithic, which is generally marked out as the start of "civilization" began around that point.

I'm not agreeing that Jewish mysticism actually dates from the Mesolithic but we certainly had culture and oral tradition which could have transmitted it.

Um, lol wut? China's written history goes back only to about 2000BCE, which is approximately the time Abraham is believed to have lived.
That may be so, however, numerology requires some understanding of higher mathematics, as well as a written language, and we don't have any evidence of those things until quite a bit further down the road.

That's Sephiroth tree, though. You've never played FFVII or something?

No I haven't, but "Tree of Life" is another name for the Sephirot.

The diagram is the 10 Sephirot of the Kabbalah

I don't think I agree with the infographic user that there's a historical consensus about Kabbalah predating Abraham, but I'd be prepared to accept that the fundamentals of Jewish mysticism which came to be called Kabbalah in the Middle Ages originated thousands of years prior.

Depends on what angle you want to come from it as. Hasidic Jews would argue that Kabbalah predates time itself. But analytically, the Zohar only dates from about the 13th century CE.

It depends. That graphic is worded very broadly. The idea of that the "heavens" influence things on earth definitely predates Abraham (although I'm not sure where specifically it comes from).

But I'm certain really specific details about the Kabbalah clearly have to come after Abraham because, well, it's obviously influenced by Judaism.

Triggerniggers are busy pretending LWA is deep and interesting because it throws in kabbalah elements like other deep and interesting shows like FFVII and Date a Live. It is particularly interesting in this scene because some says Pythagorus and there is one or more triangles visible.

Pic without the subs.

>these 1st grade math questions
Kek.

That's literally how numerology works, user.

the christian symbolism is meaningless, the psychological symbolism is real

The problem with all the deep symbolism eva might have gets shattered when you learn its all aliens and space turtles behind it all

Well, I mean, it IS turtles all the way down.