Okonomiyaki = pancake

>okonomiyaki = pancake
Do you think Commie will translate 'spaghetti' into 'noodles' as well, or is it only for Japanese things they do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okonomiyaki
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>commie
Serves you right

It's just Japanese and English that they hate. Everything else is fair game. Go watch their Girls und Panzer and remember to shit on them whenever the opportunity presents itself.

>remember to shit on them whenever the opportunity presents itself
Very well.
I've noticed, ever since OreGairu, that they have become more accepted by the general masses.

Though, I have heard they own Nyaa, which, if true, means they're just going to ban me should I voice my displeasure there, wouldn't it?

They can't stop you from dowloading there.

Also the reason they seem more accepted is because they are one of the few subgroups left, so idiots keeps downloading their shit

This, fansub drama is pretty much a thing of the past now. It's all horriblesubs, and for the rare anime that don't get simulcasted with subs there's only going to be one group doing it so nobody really looks at the quality.

It's basically a pancake with some veggies in it

>commeme

It's usually translated as Japanese pizza though.

If you told someone you were going to give them pancake for breakfast and gave them okonomiyaki, they would concisely exclaim a phrase denouncing its status as 'pancake'.

It makes no sense to not use okonimiyaki in the first place, and secondly it makes no sense to use pancake.

Commie is only so fucked up because their editor is the mentally ill leftist tranny herkz

>Ame No Habakiri = Heavenrend
Do you think Commie will translate 'Excalibur' into 'Slashyslashy' as well, or is it only for Japanese things they do this?

Unfortunately there is literally no other choice for Symphogear season 1 and 2.

>they edited Heavenrend onto that screen on the submarine in GX
At this point they're just doing it to fuck with everyone.

I always felt that they just hate Japan.
Those leftist scum have a lot to complain about the mostly conservative, traditionalist Japan.

That's grasping for straws.

Proper nouns shouldn't be translated at all and they know this, commie are just pretending to be retarded.

The other claim is they are fucking shit up for giggles, which isn't any less unsavoury.

It's considerably more believable though.

It's actually because they hate anime fans.

I'm not defending them.
But the idea that they would do something they hate for the purpose of what? altering it slightly without removing what they as leftists would find offensive and then making it available to people they would probably find objectable for having the tastes in the first place and that wouldn't be able to watch the anime at all if not for commie's help?
That's dumb.
And you're dumb for thinking this nonsense up.

Manipulation of information is an effective way to control people's thoughts.
By blocking out Japanese words, the normal people who watch it don't start to think of Japan as having any sort of unique culture, thus are easily susceptible to a common anti-Japanese idea of 'Japan isn't special, you're stupid for liking it'.

Also, hating Japan and hating anime aren't mutually inclusive. Many Chinese and Koreans watch Japanese anime; play Japanese games et cetera despite their vehement dislike of Japan.
Upon questioning one Chinese, he responded thusly: 'I pirate it so I do my part hurting Japan'.

>anti-Japanese
>Japan isn't special
That wouldn't get you anywhere. If you want people to dislike a place you must make sure that they acknowledge it exists.
Yes, "[m]anipulation of information is an effective way to control people's thoughts." But as you have just shown, it's not as easy as you think it is.
You are still being dumb.

>That wouldn't get you anywhere. If you want people to dislike a place you must make sure that they acknowledge it exists.
Everyone knows Japan exists. And anti-Japanese sentiment has gained traction on the internet. People will call others 'weeaboo' just because they have an anime avatar, with no provocation needed in some cases.
These people have no reason NOT to hate Japan, and so they jump on the anti-Japanese bandwagon because they have nothing to lose, and some attention and peer-approval to gain.

>You are still being dumb.
I know you are but what am I?

Commie localizes everything because that's what plebs want, then overdo it and put memes on top because that's what plebs love. That's all there is to it.

Why is Nigeria so weeaboo?

>Everyone knows Japan exists.
That was was meant as "as an individual nation".
If Japan is nothing special, there can be no reason to dislike it.
You should know this from all negative propaganda ever. In order to create antipathy, you underline the differences, not the similarities. Everybody does this, even children, because by instinct they know how this works. Only you don't.
So either you are really determined not to let this retarded straw go because it fits so well into your wolrdview of leftwingers messing with your everything, or you have to face the fact that you are mentally a bit different from other people.

>That was was meant as "as an individual nation".
I don't know where the fuck you're going with that.

>If Japan is nothing special, there can be no reason to dislike it.
>In order to create antipathy, you underline the differences, not the similarities.
Yes, and they are doing it. As always English negative propaganda is based on the Big Lie.
You see:
Japan IS special, even if you disregard their culture, Japan is viewed as being special in society, it's nation that is well known and well thought of above many others, especially in Asia.
That is exactly the difference from which antipathy arises. It's completely paradoxical, yes, but that's how Big Lie propaganda works, it keeps at it even at the risk of looking stupid.

You seem to think I harbour personal animosity towards leftists, I assure you it is not even relevant in this current exchange.
Yet, by your emphasis on them, I am now under the assumption you are sympathetic to leftists in some way.

>You seem to think I harbour personal animosity towards leftists,
Oh, only because of this bit.
>leftist scum
>your emphasis
They were your designated culprit. How else am I going to talk to you than by referring to what things are established in the discussion?
Are you this paranoid?

>the Big Lie.
You'll have to expand on that. Because so far you've said nothing at all, other than IT JUST WORKS, OKAY?

>commie STILL hasnt translated zaregoto 02, falling behind indonesians, frenchmen, and worst of them all, italians
holy shit why havent they killed themselves yet

>Those leftist scum have a lot to complain about the mostly conservative, traditionalist Japan
>I assure you it is not even relevant in this current exchange
You're such a nigger.

>Why is Nigeria so weeaboo?
I think Japan was doing some charitable construction there.
In my trip to South-East Asia, I saw signs on roads and sewerage signifying it was Japanese donated.

>In my trip to South-East Asia, I saw signs on roads and sewerage signifying it was Japanese donated.
Did they contain cute 2D lolis in construction uniforms?

that doesn't even specify if political, economical/industrial or cultural influence

Manipulation of information is an effective way to control people's thoughts.

>italians worse than indonesians
Spicy meme my friend

Yes, but not only leftist hate Japan. So, as of this current exchange, my criticism isn't limited to leftist, you cunt.

>You'll have to expand on that.
I not only expanded upon it, I made sure to clarify in which part of my writings I begin my expository.
>Japan IS special, even if you disregard their culture, Japan is viewed as being special in society, it's nation that is well known and well thought of above many others, especially in Asia.
That is exactly the difference from which antipathy arises. It's completely paradoxical, yes, but that's how Big Lie propaganda works, it keeps at it even at the risk of looking stupid.

You're being a nuisance and it's very late for me. I'm not going to deal with your little tantrum based on such personal affronts whilst side-stepping the actual topic.
It has become very obvious you have a personal stake in this.

Then it's 'general'. You seriously couldn't figure that out?

fuck off francesco dont you have some woman's throat to slash instead of shitposting here

>my criticism isn't limited to leftist,
You are criticizing people for something that other people have done?
What is your major malfunction?

>That is exactly the difference from which antipathy arises.
No, antipathy does not automatically arise from sympathy.
This is what I summarized as
>IT JUST WORKS, OKAY?
Either you stop being so dumb or you stop responding.

>your little tantrum based on such personal affronts whilst side-stepping the actual topic.
What are you even on about?
What kind of strange scenario is playing out in your head?

>antipathy does not automatically arise from sympathy.
What the fuck is wrong with you? I can't even...I never fucking said anything like that. This stupidity is beyond reasonable comprehension.

Then you better explain what you think you did say.

I wish. I did see a Japanese funded drawing class at a shopping mall, which did have anime style promotion.

>fuck off francesco dont you have some woman's throat to fuck instead of shitposting here
Ftfy

Also, checked.

Commie did it all on purpose

what are the good subgroups? I'm new to this shit so I try different things out but i watch too little stuff to really get a good sample size

Ask the cartel. They know best.

They are all ded

Not all of them.

Name one that is actually alive

GJM?

They still haven't even finished Akagami no Shirayukihime and they started that about 4 years ago.

Possible.

Doki is one that has been around for ages. Commie banned them from Nyaa, so you have to go to their main website.
If Commie hates them, they must be somewhat competent.

All other old subgroups, like EveTaku, the group that came before caffeine and then caffeine itself, m.3.3.w &c are all dead.

New groups have started propping up but it's too early to judge them.

well there's more to anime than just airing stuff

there's so many options with older anime like OZC, ShadyCrab, Gh0st, CG, a-S, THORA, doki, 2d4u and probably a shit ton more and i just randomly pick one most of the time or go by file size.

I guess it probably just doesn't matter that much

Doki was always pretty mediocre.

they actually know how to encode though, right?

They admitted that they're doing it to fuck with people now.

Someone commented on it on their website and one of the translators said they did it because people still got mad about it.

I forgot about that, good times.
S4 when??

Probably this year.

I hope there's more focus on the best girls.

Remember how everyone shat themselves when this happened?

The Girls und Panzer idea was good, but it could have been executed better. The word "Panzerfahren" was a great translation, I can't imagine anything better, and they should have followed that style. Just add some German for the sake of being cool. The problem was that it was to inconsistent, sometimes a word was in German, and sometimes in English. It should have been more like a weeaboo style sub, where some words would always be in German because they were too magical and important to have in English, rather than the randomly chosen translations they did.
It was still a good sub, with a brilliant idea behind it, but there's room for improvement.

>Okonomiyaki (お好み焼き, o-konomi-yaki) is a Japanese savoury pancake containing a variety of ingredients.

They got enough attention in GX. I want to see more Zenbu, I felt like she was a bit neglected in GX, though I guess it's fair since she had arguably more development than any other character in S1 and G and there's not much more you can do with her character besides banging on the same key that she has difficulty adapting to normal life.

It's called a savory pancake and it's not unique to Japan. If there's a word for it in the language you're translating, rule of thumb is to use that word.

The reason why I am relieved that fansubs have died off is because they use Japanese words in place of already existing English words like sempai instead of upperclassman.

It's not a "pan" "cake"

>sempai
>inb4 some newfag who wasn't around for anime subs before the official spelling changed

Doesn't matter how it's spelled. /m/ and /n/ are allophones for the same phoneme in Japanese.

I just hope that they can somehow train the FIS girls to no longer need LiNKER, that shit's getting old.

It's easier to stick to good old Hepburn for consistency.

>Okonomiyaki is a Japanese savoury pancake containing a variety of ingredients.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okonomiyaki