LWA moonrunes deciphering thread

Time for some good old Sup Forumsutism.
I have started trying to decipher the runes shown in the second episode of LWA and I'm 100% sure it's an actual alphabet.
Since the dots looks almost exactly like braille but with 4 states instead of two (dot or flat for braille, left crescent, half moon, full moon and right crescent for these runes) I have decided to assign each dot of the rune a number to make identifying them easier and to read them top to bottom, left to right. (see notes at the end of this post for a better explanation)

I also think that the alphabet is a real language due to the frequency at which each rune appears.
I have only identified the runes for the first two lines of picture related but I think that it should be enough to start translating.

This should be pretty easy if the runes translate to English. For example the second words containing 4 runes in the picture has the same letter (031230 with my notation) in its 1st and 3rd position, what could this word be? Loli? Nano? Tits? We need to use the patterns of different words and try to find them a meaning.

If someone wants to identify the runes in the other lines using my notation (described in my notes) please do, it'll make our work easier and I'm tired of doing it.

Notes: pastebin.com/v526Ycxb
Open that in a text editor that highlights the selected string to make it easier to see where the runes are repeated.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:English_palindromes#Three_letters
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

And more runes if you want to ID them, this would really help with the frequency analysis.

God speed

It could be a mistake to assume that each line must necessarily be its own word, like with the loli/nano/tits example you used.

You'll notice that every "block" of symbols is always composed of 3 lines. It could that all 3 form into one single word

Working off of this, they might be read vertically instead of horizontally

>takes around 800 strokes to write 2 sentence curse
are witches retarded?

I doubt the runes are in English. They're phonetic, meaning each group of symbols represents a sound. If we know what the sounds are in witch tongue, then we can relate each group of symbols to a specific sound. We already know what the phrase means.

I don't assume that, one rune is two columns and 3 lines.

I got the meaning of the Jewish divination in their numerology class.

And by that I mean I barely have any idea because no Jewish person follows this anymore.

Like I think "letters" consist of blocks of 2 (horizontal) by 3 (vertical) runes. So 6 runes forming one letter.
That way you get a sentence with words that have normal length, with a minimum of 2 letters/word and a maximum of 9 (first pic) and 11 (2nd pic).
Then, assuming it's English (?) we can apply Poe's method to it.

Is this the new official LWA thread? I need a place to post the new information they posted on the official site.

what's LWA?

They probably just say it aloud and the words write themselves.

Lolis With Attitude

It might be worth making another one so this thread - which has a specific subject - doesn't get too clogged up

Diana read them pretty fluently, so I would assume they assign to kana phonemes.

Can we assume that what Diana read aloud at Ep. 2 is the real thing what was written on the board and use that to decipher the writing?

ah haven't watch that but i think at 4^6 is already enough t assign each kanji a braille?

What I was thinking too

Fairly sure it's in English since the show is set in England.

I don't think it's safe to assume that.

>They're phonetic
That's a possibility but it seems unlikely to me because of the number of different runes (20 in the first two lines).
Also technically the person who came up with this alphabet probably made a font for the normal, latin alphabet instead of phonetic symbols.

This, but what you call a rune I call a dot and the 6 dots form a rune which correspond to a letter of the alphabet.

I also forgot to mention that I'm pretty sure there is no distinction between capital and lower case letters.

Very unlikely in my opinion.

These phrases only have 21 sounds shared between them.

Diana suspected that the teacher doesn't even know what was written there and wanted to confirm her theory by saying a part of a poem she wrote during her teenage angst phase. She was right.

Diana read it in japanese because every character speaks in Japanese for the sake of their japanese audience. The actual show is set outside of Japan and in a culture that is not japanese, so the runes don't necessarily translate directly to japanese phonetics.

Recall the madoka witchrunes translated into german.

If it's English there is most likely at least one "the" in there and maybe one "is".
The "is" could be the sixth word of the third row (although it could also be something else, like "no").

Also notice how often that one letter (of the word you mentioned) appears as first letter of a word. It also appears as first letter of the second word of the second row and as first letter of the second and fourth word of the third row.

It might be "t" or something, since there are many words starting with t and ohne of them might be a "the". Most likely the first word of the third row since it is the first word of that sentence. This would mean that the 2-letter word I mentioned above isn't "is" but "h*", maybe "he".

>Poe's method
The best way to start with this would be focusing on the 2-letter words, so the 4x3 blocks.
There aren't that many of those in the English language:

am, an, as, at, by, go, if, is, it, me, my, no, of, on, or, so, us, we

Those are the most frequent ones.
If we can identify one or more of these, that would be a great start.

ITT: Autism

>no little witch in the title
>claims to be the official new thread
>thread is already oddly specific
Fuck off

Kill yourself generalfag.

I approve of this thread and its autistic endeavors.

My question is how the fuck did Diana read it with her eyes closed

this isn't /vg/ idiot

It's Sup Forumsutism user, at least get it right.

But lad there's a couple of runes here wich are only 1 full moon

>literal moonrunes

Two consecutive 4×3 block in the middle of 7th row of

Never mind I overlooked that the second letter of the "he" can't be an e if the other word is a "the" since it is a different letter. Damn, so it isn't English? I still try some shit I thing English is the language they most likely use, has Trigger ever used any correct German sentence or something else?

Punctuation?

SASUGA DIANA

Presumably those are full stops or commas?

Maybe, but that seems like too much desu

>le generals are bad meem
Kill your fucking selves all this shit can be contained in a single thread, we don't need 5 or 6 threads of this shit flooding up the board.

Now, one important 2-letter block is at the 8th line, 2nd block. There's a dot following it, so I presume it's the end of a sentence. How many 2-letter words we know in English that can end a sentence?

Most frequent would be "is".
If this rune presents "is", we know the letters for I and S. If not we need to try something else.

Good call. How many combinations of two two-letter words are there in English?

She cheated and had the translation written inside her eyelids.

Generals ARE bad you goddamn mouthbreathing faggot. You would know this too if you had been here long enough to witness how fucking detrimental they have been to the board. Fuck off back to /vg/ or whereever you came from.

>Literally moon runes

Good luck Sup Forumsnon

I agree. There are some places where there's only 3 or 4 blocks of runes between singular fullmoons. If those were periods then it would mean theres some exceptionally short sentences here.

Could it be based on morse code?

Many "JOJ" word in this screenshot ....
- At least one of them shall be a vowel
- How many English 3-letter word starr and end with same letter?

The eternal Anglo strikes again!

with aryan blood i assume?

"Lol".
>the witches turn out to just be total fucking shitposters

>take weeks to decipher the whole thing
>it's just a random wikipedia article

>has her own set of collectible trading cards
Why is Shiny Chariot such a sell-out?

>tot
>tit
>tut
>pap
>pep
>pop
>lil
>pap
>pep
>pip
>pup
>dad
>did
>dud
>hah
>heh
>huh
>mom
>mam

>most attractive girl in the show
>is the result of selective breeding over 1500 years making her genes superior
>can read with her eyes closed
>calls the teachers out on their mistakes while making them look like idiots
>gets away with almost killing a student
>literally was killing unborn babies of hope
>gets credit for reviving the tree when she almost killed
Is there anything Best Girl Diana can't do?

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:English_palindromes#Three_letters

Probably some more but those are the ones that make some sense.

Could be. It could also be French.
If it's German we should try to find Du, Die, Der, Das, Sie, Und, In, Aus

Some Wizard should try to forge regexps and test them against dictionaries in many languages.

Dad, mom, sis are the ones that come to mind. I doubt they're talking about that though

Gag? Non? kek

>Ara – a star constellation
Guys I think we're onto something.

>this thread
So this is the true power of autism?

>Is there anything Best Girl Diana can't do?
Take her grip off my heart apparently.

LWA sucks and Trigger is sad excuse for a studio.
To make a magical school so bland they really must be pathetic retards.
The only thing they've got working for them is character design.

That would be 12 bits per rune, or 4096 characters.

You only need 6 (64 characters) bits to encode the interesting half of ASCII or the gojyuuon.

If you ever went to early Flip Flappers threads it was just about this autistic.

Keep in mind, one user literally wrote 2000 words analyzing the streetlights of Flip Flappers.

>NGE
eva confirmed

LWA is 6/10 enjoyable right now

If the main character was anyone else but Akko it'd be an easy 9/10

"Did" is actually a very good contender if the text is in past tense.

What if it's Latin?

"HIFEJEI", "JGJF", "JOJ", all repeated at least once.

Any ideas?

>Is there anything Best Girl Diana can't do?
Surpass the Manbavaran legacy.

>JOJ
Is this a franku reference?

>it is literally moon alphabet
>ftw moonspeak is not even meme anymore

good luck Sup Forumsutists, wish could join you since i did study linguistic but two much time for a wagecuck.

This is also pretty unusual. 3-letter repetition in the same word.

And Latin, considering that some of their spells sound latin.

We're fucked.

If JOJ is "did", the two consecutive 2-letter words at the start of a new sentence in line 7 in don't have an i as a vowel.
That could be a good clue.

EN
CU
IA
GA
IF

If CU is "is", then the four other two-characters words can't be in/if/it/as/us. How many consecutive two character word can be valid if those words are taken out from the list of ?

My dad works at Ghibli and he told me that code reveals the release date for 4.44 and Haruhi season 3

well consider its magic so it doesn't necessarily need to correspond to real phrases

This is legit interesting, but I'm not sure this will translate to English.

Bye bye?

Only thing she can't do is stop being perfect.

>yay
MY FUCKING HEART

There could be some spells and character names in the text so maybe it's not that unusual.

>pompom
>pawpaw
'A' is definitely a 'p'.

The transformation was pretty poor to be honest. Nothing to yay about.

why did she say "yay" in English?

It's one word though

Please don't let these end dots be some kind of verb modifier.

Man this is hard to watch knowing how much Akko will fuck up IN FRONT OF HUNDREDS of people.

byebye

No joke here but is Akko special needs or something?

because she's in england you fucking faggot

Why don't the witches keep good posture? GOLEM

>BCDEFGHI
A word made out of 8 non-repeating letters. That could narrow things down a lot.

Cancan?

Single moons might indicate proper nouns. Maybe this is meant to be read right to left

Happy New Yeay to you too Akko