How do we stop bitcoin?

How do we stop bitcoin?

Other urls found in this thread:

99bitcoins.com/bitcoinobituaries/
zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-06/largest-crypto-mining-exchange-confirms-it-was-hacked-over-50-million-bitcoin-stolen
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mt._Gox#Security_breach_and_invalid_addresses_(2011)
youtube.com/watch?v=k1kndKWJKB8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The press obviously cant do it

I.R.S.

Pl lz dont. Its making me quite rich.

>protip: YOU CANT

You need to first own 51% OR MORE of the total processing power for bitcoin.

You can then proceed to rewrite the block chain, and send how every many bitcoins to which ever wallet you please.

Wait.

Make a purchase with a cryptovirus injection that slowly disintegrates bitcoins and eats up too much energy to continue

Say it's hurting women or children in some contrived way, and then get the government to ban it.

Shut down the dark web and it will lose any practical application.

why stop it?

you can't. bitcoin is literally the be all and end all of cryptocurrency. pour all your monies into it without thinking.

yeah maybe in 2011

lol "the dark web" doesn't even use bitcoin anymore since it's literally less private than fiat at this point. they mostly use Monero. if you're a fag who feels like you missed the boat with bitcoin (even though you really didn't, get in now), Monero is a pretty good bet for the next big crypto. also buy some ETH since that's what people are going to be using to buy Monero.

You regulate it...

WE WUZ INVESTERZ N SHEIT

how?

*Pop* goes the bubble

>How do we stop bitcoin?

This.

Its ascended beyond the realms of being a mere currency. It has become a god of processing and stocks that has no use anymore because other cryptos make better currencies.

There isn't going to be a 2nd bitcoin. If bitcoin crashes then all of the others will too.

majority of people still use bitcoin on the dark web.

If you're getting caught buying/selling drugs on the deep web, someone tracing back the block chain is not a reason for it.

shits crazy to watch. probably the biggest bubble in human history. imagine if the crypto market collapses with trillions of dollars invested in it. it would probably take the entire global economy with it.

probably smartest to just hide in the woods.

just trade more of it

You buy Litecoin

Any nation can block access to BTC servers through their ISPs. Then, instead of banning it, you 'normalize' it by pegging it to another asset which stabilizes the price. Then you designate preferred institutions to be the 'man in the middle' or marketplace. Then you establish rules and regulations regarding how it's traded and settles. After all that, you restore access to the exchange servers. But instead of have direct access to the marketplace you know have a man-in-the-middle (institution) which regulates the transaction and controls the market.

Bitcoin is Skynet, you can't stop skynet. Only those who own a piece of the blockchain will survive the AI, welcome to depopulation.

I can't believe it, I got in YESTERDAY and made $2000 in 24 hours

>BTC servers

exchange servers

You don't need exchanges to trade. Even still all of this would be extremely easy to circumvent.

even though it's decentralized, aside from a physical btc wallet, if you block access to exchanges you shrink the marketplace. The general public will not be able to access btc... yes of course there are work arounds, but the volume trades would greatly diminish. You can mop up workarounds with punitive regulation and force US banks to no allow any transactions to wallets/exchanges. Trust me, you can make it very difficult to exchange fiat dollars for BTC if you wanted to... it wouldn't kill BTC but it would dramatically slow down the volume of activity.

Why contain it?

you don't. it's a scam.

Remember, the guys with the most guns
will get all your shit.

Largest Crypto-Mining Exchange Confirms It Was Hacked, $62 Million In Bitcoin Stolen
zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-06/largest-crypto-mining-exchange-confirms-it-was-hacked-over-50-million-bitcoin-stolen

invent our own currency, the butt coin.

Kikes think they are going to going to destroy Japan and alt-right in one foul swoop while making out like Jesse Livermore in the futures exchanges. They are arrogant and will get their clocks cleaned.

Their other strategy is to short and attack companies that accept bitcoin so it loses it value as a currency.

Ok, I'll mostly agree with this.

How is that bitcoins fault at all. That's what's great about bitcoin. There is no SEC there are no protections. You are responsible for you're own money and protecting it.

It's too big to fail now

ask Xi

>HOW DO WE STOP BITCOIN?

OP is literally retarded and going to be broke for the rest of his life, that or a worried jew

It's not BTC fault. I support BTC. I have unique perspective given I'm in the financial services industry. Central banks have to much to lose by allowing BTC to run amok . Wouldn't be surprised if a crippling hack cause massive financial losses to sour public perception and cause people to believe it's a pyramid scheme.. or .. they legitimize it by regulating it, so they can control the price. It's inevitable in my opinion..

That's why you transfer some of your BTC to LTC because the ratio is just too damn good right now.

Routine Audit
Investigate pump and dumps

I tend to agree especially with how much power there is behind global finance (pretty much all of it). I think something dramatic would need to happen however since pandora's box has been opened so to speak, as long as people have internet connections they can avoid modern banking.

You'll stay in too long and lose your entire investment when it crashes.

They think they can avoid modern banking. BTC is not anonymous. You ISP can see when you trade BTC. You bank can see when you add fiat dollars to a digital wallet. And BTC transactions (the value of the transactions) can be viewed on exchange sites. All those data points can be matched up to provide enough of a fingerprint to identify many transaction. The blockchain /encryption function of cryptocurrency provides anonimity, but the transfer of fiat dollars into BTC and back does not. It's a fallacy that using BTC makes you financial dealings anonymous. And, yes, most def a big 'event' to discredit BTC would not be a surprise, neither would feigned acceptance and regulation. We'll see, time will tell.

You wait until the bubble pops and places (like Valve already has done) stop accepting it as a form of currency.

The end.

my biggest worry is that, it is only as good as tender if the other guy accepts it, what happens if we all suddenly lose confidence.

I think that is the only thing which is bothering, that if does crash, no one will pick up the pieces, unlike the governments IRL

that's what happened last time. I sold about halfway down the drop and came out a little better than even, but felt like shit and didn't get involved again for like another year or two.

I'm pretty suspicious that bitcoin has a long-term linear growth pattern marked with short term spikes that peak a little over 1000% of the linear trend's value. I suspect the last of the smart people will sell any minute now.

why would you want to? you some kind of Federal Reserve Nigger

Well in the case of BTC, yes it has a public ledger. However there are many currencies that do not and there are also services that obfuscate the flow of your transactions through "mixing" wallets and currencies. You can also buy BTC (along with many other currencies) with cash in hand or in many other ways that are not traceable. I'm not trying to argue that's what many people do and I wouldn't do it personally. However the ability is there through many avenues and its not as difficult as laypeople would think.

spoken like a true filthy no-coiner

That is true. I believe Japan is experimenting with ATM's that let you but BTC for cash. And yes, wallet mixing makes it harder to trace BTC. But as a rule of thumb, you have to remember the general public knows virtually none of that. The general public is who is entering the marketplace right now and creating the high trading volume. Again, you don't have to 'kill' BTC to stop it, you just cut off the general public or make it an annoyance to workaround restrictions.

>BTC servers
why do people insist they opine on a topic they know nothing about?

Just like that guy who bought at the peak of $1k in 2014 and held this whole time

I sold at $11,000
Why cant i fucking master this crypto trading bullshit

I dont even make that per year

We have BTC ATMs all over the US. I have 3 in my city. And yeah I agree with you.

Also that crippling hack has happened before.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mt._Gox#Security_breach_and_invalid_addresses_(2011)

When you see it in AUD, it's amazing

We don't we should invest in bitcoin and get rich off it

it's highly likely that that was a fairly good point to sell. I doubt it makes it more than 30% away from $11,000 before it goes back to baseline

Only if they get ahold of your wallet. If they don't know who an address belongs to, how do they find out?

ITT - peodos drive up the price of pedo-currency bay shilling about it = Die with your sage

im gonna feel like a real butt head if your not right

That's about the same as owning 51% of the net. If you can do that, why even bother with bitcoin? You can hold entire countries hostage electronically!

BTC is going to crash hard.

You can grow infinite tulips. There are only 21 million bitcoins.

>Thinking the fact every spike correlates with the (((media))) hyping BTC
>Implying goys didn't immediately jump on it
>Implying they didn't hike the price by not knowing what they were doing
>Implying the the (((media))) hyping it up wasn't just (((pure coincidence))) and (((someone))) bought a shitload of BTC when they were 3 cents or whatever
>Implying that same (((someone))) isn't going to cash out and then (((crash))) that very same (((market)))

21 million WILL exist, in 2140. 16 million CURRENTLY exist, at least 1 million of which are locked away in Satoshi's (RIP) wallets.

There is two ends of the equation retard.

>"btc is going to crash any day now" says nervous nocoiner 7th time this month

I forgot to post this lol

I mean that's the pattern. Think about it this way: There are two possibilities. (A) if it's a real paradigm shift then BTC was massively undervalued and it makes sense for the curve to increase at a near linear rate, but it will eventually stabilize to a geometric rate once it's reached its new higher value. (B) If all that happened was a bubble, the exact same thing that happened last time will happen again: it will spike to something like 1200% of its baseline value and fall back to baseline again. The longer the price raises at an exponential rate, the less likely it is that possibility A is true. Unless bitcoin was really worth 100k when it was at 1k, then the derivative of the price curve should decrease if possibility A is true, and eventually the price change should stabilize, but with possibility B, we would expect the derivative of the price change to increase then suddenly change sign when it crashes. Right now the price is just growing faster and faster, so all signs point to bubble. You did the smart thing.

cryptocurrencies which means they can never be real currencies

Bitcoin is too expensive

Why can't I I have a program that makes fake bitcoins for me

...so is the price just supposed to keep growing exponentially forever?

Because you're a brainlet and you don't even understand how it works

You need new normies to the market all the time and it's getting more and more difficult. There comes a point that nobody new isn't willing to buy your fisher price coin.

When the bubble finally bursts many people who pissed their life savings on this waste of electricity will kill themselves.

Any currency you can buy cocaine with is a real currency.
There are only two groups who hate bitcoin.
1. Government(drugs and lost tax revenue)
2. Banks(not getting a sweet sweet fraction of the btc reserve)

thats what i was thinking too around 11,000
but i guess i should have taken into account that its getting more exposure this time

yes

no, but it's not unreasonable to expect it to keep growing overall.

wrong post

how come ever since Steam publicly announced it was dropping bitcoin there have been massive bitcoin damage control threads?

>biggest bubble in history.
There have been bigger. Way bigger.
youtube.com/watch?v=k1kndKWJKB8

When do I /buythedip/?

Why has bitcoin increased in price even though steam announced it was dropping bitcoin?

of course it's not. But if you expect it to keep growing at its regular geometric rate BEFORE crashing by less than 75% then you're delusional. It could have happened if the Bulls had backed off, but they're pumping it towards the cliff now.

>steam says no more bitcoin
>bitcoin goes on bull mode and reaches 14k

ye steam lmao

>too big to fail
>any such thing

it might dip down. It might dip down a lot. But retards here who think it will return to $1000 are... well, retards.

There's nothing worth buying on steam anyway.

Lol you guys are buying imaginery, intangible currency. I cant wait for thia shit to crash and all these milennial hipster cause celeb investor faggot get rekt. Never, ever fully trust the internet with your money where youll never, ever be secure.