I've had BTC for ages and am excited with the prices it's getting to, but ~18% increase in a day?!?

I've had BTC for ages and am excited with the prices it's getting to, but ~18% increase in a day?!?

People are smoking crack....

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2017/12/07/bitcoin-stolen-in-hack-on-nicehash-cryptocurrency-mining-marketplace.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Corporate Pump'n'Dump.

Will be interesting to see if it can break $15k. I'd expect a pretty big correction down if it does. Ready to buy on the next 20% drop.

Almost there

Just a little more...

Just wait until /biz/ coinshills come in telling us to buy. Sell then, let it crash, and buy in again.

Also check out /biz/ during the crash for keks. Pink wojacks everywhere.

meanwhile

last crash in 0CT 2013 it was the Gowex fuckup.... that was a big thing, it completly imploded the enthusiasm, a major exhange hacked and all the users absolutly fucked

MAY 2013, if I'm not wrong, nothing really happened, and it still corrected

It doesn't seem like there's gonna be an outside-event correction, but the mania is still kicking hard, and seems that it will be kicking hard for a while

that doesn't mean it's gonna break down to 0, it will stay above 8k for sure

Makes my head spin. That number just keeps going up. I have some in and it just baffles me how fast it grows.

>above 8k
No doubt. It's promising and worth buying at least one coin. However bitcoin is the wild west when it compares to an extremely regulated financial industry. Those flash crashes are wildly profitable if the coins aren't just growing.

Honestly I believe that these coins are pegged to a basket of currencies, and all the devaluation from inflation is responsible for its quick growth. Since supply is capped at 21,000,000 coins, the value only goes up. If this is true then it's worth holding and contributing to just as a hedge against inflation. There are liquidity issues but that's the tradeoff.

That's it, I'm cashing out.

I have 300k bcs. ama

>what is a bubble?

An economic bubble or asset bubble is trade in an asset at a price or price range that strongly exceeds the asset's intrinsic value. It could also be described as a situation in which asset prices appear to be based on implausible or inconsistent views about the future.

>what is intrinsic value?

the value of a company, stock, currency or product determined through fundamental analysis *without reference to its market value*

>what are you smoking?
fiat paper money priced in btc = fiat btc priced in paper money

Anyone with bitcoin seriously needs to abandon that shit ASAP, take their profits and get the hell out of there before it comes crashing down.

Biggest ponzi scheme in human history.

Its decentralized moron.

donate plz

Can you give me at least 9.11 BTC? My wallet is in jacket, and we're flying to New York. We're headed towards WTC towers, but I think we should turn soon, so we don't hit them, it would be silly.

Still, no worry, even if we hit the WTC, my wallet will survive jet crash impact, and you'll find it on a pavement of 5th Avenue, together with my intact passport.

people don't understand tech, that is why shills are pushing the ponzi scheme meme.
1)they don't understand
2)They don't understand that blockchain = tool for forensic accounting that makes it bad for the banksters

17pKMMWhNp3vftbCtCuqh8ENjdEqtfB5YK
For anyone who feels sorry for a leaf stuck with Trudeau

Jews are terrified.

I think he's calling it a ponzi scheme because a lot of people are only investing because they think it will go up in price. That's incredibly unsustainable.

How do you know that you own Bitcoins? How do you know they exist?

It seems to me that you can never really know that Bitcoins exist, until you sell them, and redeem them for US dollars

I know...so much fucking shilling going on...always with the:

1)bubble, gonna pop
2)Can't cash out
3)ponzi scheme

Heh

I always thought that was just one of those things. If it really was a false flag they could have thought of a different way of getting that guys identity.. not make up a stranger than fiction 1/10000000 chance

As long as it is being implemented to more mainstream areas, it will keep growing.

Blockchain tech has a great potential. Not to mention the other interesting prospects like electrum - smart contracts.

Smart contracts, taking money away from the joo lawyer.

Tulips in the netherlands were 'decentralised' too and how did that work out for them. Do you really believe there are just lines of people behind computes who cant wait to buy a piece of computer code for 14,000 dollars? When the average person has less than 500 in their bank account?

Every transaction is stored on the blockchain. “X amount of btc was sent to X wallet address.”

well can you actually cash out or is it only good for black market shit?

Why do people keep bringing up the stupid fucking Tulip bulb example?

Crypto = technology, it has an application

Of course you can.

1)You can get a bank account linked to an exchange or even to your localbitcoin account and sell your bitcoin for cash. I sold 1000$US worth on localbitcoin and ON A SUNDAY got my money via internet banking in less than 15 minutes. I verified the money was received on my end and liberated the coins to the buyer.

2) You get a crypto debit card, you have like a dozen out there. You can use the debit card anywhere they take visa, or get cash at any ATM that is accepts visa.

Technology for what? Please explain the advantage that crypto gives over regular government insured currency? Is its best application just in being able to buy illegal shit? Forgetting that blockchain stores every transaction ever.

sell now, the bubble is going to burst soon.

Crypto, especially bitcoin is NOT good for black market. People who buy/sell drugs have to TUMBLE their coins (pay somebody to put it in a pool and then give you "different" coins. Not a very smart way to do blackmarket shit.

>tfw 0.008 bitcoins

Am I ever gonna get a whole coin?

>1 post by this ID

So then whats the point of bitcoins? Besides that a bunch of people seem to want them more than dollars (FOR NOW) for some reason.

Me as well. It's almost 16k now, there is no way this can continue, it's all investors at this point, it's just like the housing market or the tech bubble in the US year ago.

>$14,888

>it has an application
Keep telling yourself that. atm bitcoin has zero value outside of speculation.

blockchain.

OPEN, decentralized tracking of information.
Can use this for voting systems> for tracking of taxes, medical records, wills and financial transactions...etc, etc.
You also can't create counterfeit crypto and at least most crypto is backed by new technology/applications.

The shit is so nice now that in the future you will be able to do your transactions/contracts using multisig/decentralized/p2p over tor/i2p.

>14,888
heil hitler

supposed to crash by 10th. its being manipulated right now. no healthy corrections at this rate is startling. gonna dip bigtime soon

based on blockchain tech. It is a sweet technology with innumerable applications.

look up what blockchain technology is all about.

>20% drop
Kek, more like 30-40%

I just sold and made 112% + in 15 days
Think big

read more, you speak like a stupid person.

You obviously know nothing about technology

bitcoin and block chain are two different things, and block chain tech is literally a distributed database, thats it

>muh technology
It has potential, but this is where it ends. Fusion energy has potential too but there's no enrergy from it for now.
Until it's accepted by worldwide governments it will stay with potential.

>or buy ETH

No way, junior.

If I were in this scam, I would sell this shit out of it very soon

Admit it, you went too far. Bitcoin is not actully this important

I dont see people buying blockchains. You havent really answered my question. So its not possible to counterfeit a bitcoin, that's a good start. But at the end of the day whats going to make the guy at mcdonalds accept that .0000001 bitcoin is worth a big mac? That 1 bitcoin is worth a car? What business would accept a bitcoin as currency when its so risky and just based on other people actively wanting it? Dollars are backed by law and the power of the u.s. government to blow shit up. Something bitcoin will never have.

Nah I didn't get on the biggest rollercoaster in the world just to get off on the first climb.

If I were in this scam, I would sell this shit out of it very soon

Admit it, you went too far. Gold is not actully this important

>first climb
fuck off kid

Bitcoin isn't used for anything except buying drugs or reselling it for cash.

Keep buying goys big investors are giving you shekels for now.

it's still a bubble tho.
glad i cashed out everything i had into crypto a couple of weeks ago, the bubble could pop at anytime

>when banking juden are THIS buttflustered people are abandoing THEIR brand of monopoly money for monopoly money (((they))) can't control and jew into oblivion with inflation

absolute state of central banking

umm sweety, who do you think (((institutional investors)) are?

What's in your wallet?: cnbc.com/2017/12/07/bitcoin-stolen-in-hack-on-nicehash-cryptocurrency-mining-marketplace.html

>Microflashcrash
Does Bitcoin also have 79 different genders?

What happens when a whale sells 2000 coins?

Shit has to take a major dip, but like every dip if you catch it to late, most exchanges lock you out and prevent you from selling.

Exactly. Usually takes around two weeks of shilling and pumping before this happens so the warning is made well in advance.

This. They'll milk this cow as much and harsh as they can before regulation sets in, and they are expert manipulators of markets.

Expect a sharp and harsh crash to milk the normies, followed by investment banks scooping up at a pre-set price.

Most people don't even use BTC for buying drugs anymore. They use trluly anonymous currencies like Monero.

BTC is only an asset to be used to trade against actual useful cryptocurrencies. The only thing BTC has going for it is that it was the pioneer of cryptos, and name recognition.

You could say BTC in itself is essentially the central bank of cryptocurrencies.

How does monero work?

bitfinex and coinbase are magically "temporary not available"

Guys ill tell you right now, shit could go to the moon BUT BUT BUT are these exchanges properly funded to handle a HUGE AMOUNT OF sell orders in the next panic? Remember the panic sells on banks in 1920s? Yeah, stay away from Bitcoin -- very tempting, I used to trade it back when Mtgox was around, back when there was a glitch on an exchange would cause the price to crash, this isn't no different... Look at every single Bitcoin rise and fall, it always comes back about 75%... Could it keep climbing, yes of course... If it crashes, rest assured you will get NOTHING back.

"Oh but coinbase insures our deposits"

No they don't they insure USD funds when you SELL your bitcoins and it's in US dollars, your bitcoins arent insured... and when it crashes you sure as fuck arent gonna be able to sell, liquidity will disappear as big seller will take a 3000, 4000, 5000 dollar discount on their bitcoins, because they've been holding down in the accumulation zone around 190.

Have fun...

its a bubble i guess
but if it would stop growing now it might stabilize

Think of it like BTC, except when you make a transaction, it shows up on the blockchain with the amount hidden, public addresses hidden, as well as a ring signature.

Ring signature essentially means that you can choose privacy level, of up to 40 recipients. Which means that while there is only 1 real recipient, it'll include 39 fake recipients as well.

So the entire monero network keeps making fake transactions on top of the real ones, which makes it fucking impossible to track.

You can invest in it as easily as downloading an app and it's in the newsame non stop. This is going to be the biggest bubble in history.

If you are not at all concerned that: millions of dollars of crypto are stolen by hackers, exchanges shut down due to volatility and early adopters (steam) move away from the currency the price to dollars keeps rising, you are not doing a great job of convincing me this isn't a bubble.

Prices will likely move up in decent moves until etfs, other liquid trading vehicles are created. People are moving dollars in to get in ahead of this event. That said, an ETF should reduce volatility, and allow people to hedge any long positions they take now by going short/ writing options.

Bitcoin does have a technical problem as large block chains take too much energy and time to process, but this fundimental fact hasn't stopped people from pilling in.

Ultimately, currencies shouldn't be treated as investments. You might be right to expect a current to outperform another, but there are many more variables than liquidity, tech supporting security of wallets to consider. What countries will put arms behind the currency, what countries are accumulating (buying debt was how this was traditionally done) and selling?

As crypto can create its own economic spaces (see something as simple as crypto kitten thing) the real demand for these types of currency should rise. Crypto cats are like a real export of the ETH nation, currently purchasable directly only in ETH. All good fun to watch, but I'll take more modest returns; Seeking alpha and a much clearer understanding of tax implications.

>BUY HIGH SELL LOW
THAT'S OUR MOTTO
>BUY HIGH SELL LOW
THAT'S OUR MOTTO
>BUY HIGH SELL LOW
THAT'S OUR MOTTO

if you'd look at past crashes you'd know why...
listen to this post

It's new and exciting. Every single person I have ever talked to, including my mom that is barely on the internet knows about it.
It WILL burst, no question about it. It happens to everything in time. But it will recover and when it does, it will go even higher, even faster.

A muttburger speaking wise words. RARE

I thought at most I had 5 BTC. Whats $75k...no big deal, right?
>TFW you had 30 BTC and now have none

What emotion should I be feeling right now. I think I may be in shock.

cuck coin is going down time to get out while you can.

>It's new and exciting. Every single person I have ever talked to, including my mom that is barely on the internet knows about it
I see ads on TV for BTC now, thats when you know to GTFO
>But it will recover and when it does, it will go even higher, even faster.
yes exactly!

6000 Bitcoin threads a day
The coiners need more suckers to buy at this crazy price so they can cash out

I've only got 600 bucks worth of Bitcoin, which I made by putting ~10 bucks in on a whim two years ago. I don't care about getting rich but I feel like I should probably take that 600 out now to reinvest once the price drops.
But I don't know if that'll end up a net loss in the long run.

That said, I'm not sure I really care too much, considering my real "loss" would be around ten fuckin dollars.

It will go up 1000$ per day until the price is 1 billion per coin.

Hey, I sold a few days ago and I still left my money in Coinbase because I'm waiting for it to drop then I want to throw back in for cheap. That USD I have in there now, that's not insured? Of Coinbase flops, will I lose that money?

Any links to back this up would be great.

You shouldn't care at all. Only people who deliberately held onto bitcoin and somehow lost it, lost a fortune. You didn't bet on a horse. A horse that won.

Its down Today, A typical retrace after a yuge run up.

you are thinking in past, and future. this always leads to depression, and fear.

only think in present. what you know now is what you learned from the past, and the future is just an outcome of what you do in the present.

When you come up with schema of exchanging fake Monopoly money on real shekels..... I wonder who came up with this idea

This is real and legitimate growth.

I just saw one at the gym, hahaha, I thought I was losing it. It's the housing market again.

>urst, no question about it. It happens to everything in time. But it will recover and when it does, it will go even higher, e

One day youll think that and it will never return back again...

have fun, good trading logic, seen you and the other 90% on other side... of the check out counter at the local grocery store.

das mania phase

you can't go to the store with btc and you can't go to the bank and withdraw your btc. this is like that play with stocks game i did in high school economics class. fun but worthless

I'm 32. I've come close to wealth so many times, but never quite kissed the Sun. My wings end up melting and I end up back here.

I don't know if God is telling me to keep pushing, next time might be it, DON'T GIVE UP, or if the message is that my wealth is here, with my family. My house is paid off, I have almost no debt, and I'm still breathing under my own will. I feel somewhere in the middle I guess.

My gut is telling me to get in on the 420 boom that will be coming in 2018, I just gotta figure out the best way to go about it.

MP3S DON'T HAVE REAL SOUND IN THEM

shut up you stupid annoying fuck

this

I keep seeing these posts. Are you guys shills, or just retarded? Do I need to post screen caps of the shit I used to buy in BTC from online retail? I used to get chunks $500 at a time. I could be living off BTC right now.

kek you guys are cunts

Same here. All the people who have millions should try and turn them into real money.