Why were 90s girls more fun?

Why were 90s girls more fun?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HOOD3sITurY?t=2m55s
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=651659
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why they didn't choose this design to represent the 90s instead of Saber Marionette?

It was a time before waifuism got out of control.

Don't you think that KonoSuba has a kind of 90's flair to its characters and humor?

Maybe that's why faggots don't like it

No lolishit

Sexy tomboys

I feel like character designs were alot more varied and took more risks

Everything seems more streamlined and bland these days

yeah, space dandy brought the old flair back and kono is just a fun anime
>no lolishit
there were a few
>sexy tomboys
I miss this.

90's was a good time for some realistic character designs (Jojo's OVA, Kenshin OVA...) but the more risky ones are the 2000's like Kaiba or Mononoke or even Kaiji, imo.

Though I know that you're also thinking about nowadays very cliché way to draw faces with huge eyes and spiky hair, true it had more personality in its own, even if each creator still copied each other.

Characters didn't seem like they were lifted directly from H-games, which were created to pander to the preferences of the target players.
Although a lot did fit Hollywood stereotypes.

They were better written.
There were concerned with things outside of themselves and their little world.
Maybe.

Because girls were allowed to be actually strong, independent characters rather than worthless waifs or bitches who put on a strong face, but are really weak and helplessly in need of the MC's dick.
It's because the modern anime otaku can't handle strength. Not in the MCs, which is why they all have to be weak little girly boys, or in the females.
Because it wanted to make the 90s look bad. Because it was made by an underage little shitfuck.
The market is larger, but the bubble that gave us the OVA boom of the 80s into the 90s collapsed hard. Now the industry is averse to taking any risks outside of tried and true formulae.

It was a simpler time.

Variety.

Ghost was the best girl. Except for maybe the bug girl at the end of the manga, but I read it so long ago its a bit of blur

>literally pic related

Why do 90 nostalgia fags continue to shill for this ugly girl and the Tenchi show overall? It was boring and everyone in that show looked like garbage.

Tenchi had a big ass head with an oddly proportioned face.

Really, it seems like the guy who made this just hate the 90s, though I think it's understandable for a japanese. You know, they were already experiencing their economic crisis.

Because they weren't all trying to follow the Love Hina mold.

Is this worth watching?

>Why do people like things I don't and why can't I understand that people have different tastes that I can't understand because I don't share them?

You have to be 18+ to use this site.

To be real waifuism was a thing probably way back since the early 80's. It's just now you can shitpost and talk about it online to everyone rather then that one guy at the video store.

Man Ryoko always seemed like someone you can always chill out, have fun or go on space adventures with.

Both Aisha and Hilda gave me boners that could pierce adamantium.

Fuu best Magic Knight.

It gets real bad when they go to Africa. I know some people don't like the "island-arc", but I thought it okay for the most part. Overall good story and fun watch.

Sup Forums is a board full of millennials, like the rest of Sup Forums, it's obvious that they will disagree with you.

post more best girl

Thanks user I'll give it a look

People honestly liked her Sonic hair?

Sure

>shrill entitled bitch with zero sense of humor
>best

Of course it was

But shows weren't made solely with waifufags in mind as they are now, it was coincidental in shows that generally had another overall purpose. Which is a good part of why things have degraded so much recently.

The closest you get is things like Gall Force or BGC, which still try to give you a plot to care about and plenty of action.

>It's the "people have different likes and opinions" trope

Get over yourselves already. In know Tenchi was 90s toonamifag-baby's first anime, but you don't really expect me that you like Ryoko's, Ayeka, Washu's designs, right? Really...?

You have a whole slew of much more pretty girls today and even 15 years back. Don't let your tastes be hold back back this dated 90s anime that is Tenchi.

thats not Mihoshi.

> The closest you get is things like Gall Force or BGC
>implying
>Maicching Machiko-sensei
>1981
>The series revolves around Miss Machiko, a new elementary school teacher who wears a revealing red mini-skirt and regularly finds herself in accidental sexual situations. Machiko is very popular with her students, especially the boys, who take delight in lifting up her skirts and devising traps to catch her in various stages of undress. Rather than get angry, Machiko responds by laughing it off and uttering her trademark phrase, Maicchingu! (roughly meaning "Embarrassing!"). Machiko is generally a very kind and patient woman who cares about her students and does her best to help them with their problems.

I feel exactly the same way. It reminds me of Slayers and stuff like that.

I think that's why I like Konosuba and Sup Forums seems not to, I could care less about animation quality when I grew up with '80s/'90s trash outsourced animation and Konosuba's humor is comfy and almost nostalgic to me but I guess most of Sup Forums was in diapers when I got into anime and in kindergarten when I started posting on Sup Forums and has been spoiled by Kyoani budgetfests now.

Never did care for spiky hair, fortunately it was found mostly on males.

>I like Konosuba and Sup Forums seems not to
>Sup Forums seems not to
> most of Sup Forums was in kindergarten when I started posting on Sup Forums
Are you sure you didn't start posting on Sup Forums last week?

There's some merit in this. Apparently she got to fuck him first.

These were mai waifus before i ever heard the term waifu, especially Ryoko.

Fanservice =/= waifuism.

Oh and to add onto that they gave no fucks about guys( in particular their husbandos) seeing their tits. Most anime girls today slap the shit out of you if one of their tits pop out by mistake, but Ryoko and Aisha gave no fucks whatsoever. They proudly displayed their tits!

That really has nothing to do with the kind of series I'm talking about, it's just a typical lewd comedy.

Came here to post Aisha as well.

>Yep, let's put this show on toonami
Removing said bathhouse episode apparently causes a slight plot hole.

Some people actually like no fun.

I don't know why but they do.

What exactly are you talking about, then? I wouldn't say basically anything is made solely with the intent of making characters people's waifu - there aren't enough waifufags for that, considering that they can each only have one and like half of them are probably accounted for by 5-10 eternally-popular choices. The most relevant "girl-centric" trends currently are CGDCT focused on being cutesy and endearing, and battleharems focused on making people masturbate.

I know, Sup Forums liked it during S1 and basically until it got "popular," but now everybody's being a fucking contrarian hipster and shitposting about it nonstop.

The only modern anime with fun female characters are Gintama and KonoSuba.
I want sexy tomboys back.

Can't forget vampire space elf:

youtu.be/HOOD3sITurY?t=2m55s

Whoops. Supposed to start at 2:59

>those 90's faces
jesus chirst how horrifying

Feels like girls from older anime were designed with actual input from female staff, or the writers weren't complete virgins who were ignored in school so they actually had an idea of how relationships worked.
I think to something like Golden Boy which absolutely had all the tropes which we see now like the MC being a young, powerful, genius moralfag who gets all the girls to fall for him, but it's not like SAO or any other generic harem where he gets it immediately without hard work. There are circumstances and struggles, antagonistic relationships even at the start but the catharsis and feeling of success is stronger at the end.
SAO is like, Kirito never had to work for anything he got. He was OP from the start, plot armor, retconning, admin access vs the final boss at the end of the series. His relationship with his waifu was never in-doubt. And it was way too fast and way too hard with the daughter suddenly coming into play.
I don't know how to sum up. Perhaps what I want to say is that the male MC and the female supporting cast were more equal in their roles instead of the MC being able to carry the entire show with his infinite powers, the women were there to say, "yeah don't forget us, we're important as well".

They get worse with every decade.

I'm getting really sick of the over-simplified :D faces that are everywhere now.

I always preferred suzuka

mature onee-san is always a good choice

It was a good time

There are no bad girls in Outlaw Star desu, they're all great.

Here's a screencap from a new OVA episode which aired in Japan around 2 months ago

Better?

Is this subbed yet? Also, not the same user but no, the 90's art style looks nicer.

I miss the 90's art.

My OCD is telling me to tell you to get a better image.

And to download the blu-rays.
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=651659

>Is this subbed yet?
Nope, dead anime I guess. I'm sure eventually at some point it will.

But most importantly you can't even find the raw episode(s?) So not sure what the deal is

>80gbs

that's literally more than 4x the amount of space on my computer.

Nigga what the fuck, are you running some 15 year old eMachines?

The last time I had a computer with that little space was in 1999 and I had to get rid of it to make sure my computer was Y2K compliant.
It was, but I made the mistake of getting a computer with Windows ME.

Can't find the raws? That's weird, should be out within a month or two. Not sure when it'll get subbed but considering specials for series like Devilman still get subbed, I'm sure it will sometime.

Still I have to agree with this guy Good choices, I'm saving this pic.

Post more LEWD Ryoko.

What a babe.

Cool hair design, super hot body, gave no fucks and flirted, flashed naked tits and ass to her man constantly, rough around the edges and legitimately stronk womyn

I miss female characters like this

The 70s are better.

>I don't know how to sum up
0 to glop in 60 pages or less.

What's the collective average age of anons ITT, like 40? Oldfags

15 pretending to be 40.

Because when they showed you their tits, they didn't act offended and slap you.

>Entitled bitch
>Space hippy
>More inbred than a sandwich
Keep lying to yourself there, buddy

>tfw guys are better at being girls than girls
Fuck you, Ranma.

He was best girl, Tho.

EXACTLY!

all anime girls look exactly the same nowadays with different hairstyles. Never understood the idea of having one particular waifu when they are all the same.

Ayeka a shit, user.
Don't lie to yourself.

It's not gay when he's a girl!

Ranma is smol and cute.

You have no idea how much this picture triggers an artfag. I would have a field day with the artist.