Boku dake ga Inai Machi

It's been a year, Sup Forums.

After all the debates, what's your genuine opinion of ERASED ?

Other urls found in this thread:

openings.moe/?video=Ending1a-BokuDakeGaInaiMachi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's shit and any Sup Forumsnon who read the manga knew this. Only crossboarders with shit taste even gave it the time of day.

I like it and regret that NTR faggots get triggered by it and do their best to ruin threads about it.

cuck

Pretty solid but the shitty ending ruined it all.

I completely forgot about it once it finished airing, so my genuine opinion of it is a lack of one.

I like it and the ending was amazing.

The anime does certain things better than the manga.
The manga does certain things better than the anime.

That's the main problem tainting ERASED as a whole.

The ending was the most realistic and logical as it could get. It was everything that the MC wished for. He succeeded in completing the mission that was bestowed upon him.

Every characters' ends are appropriate to who they are imo.

I liked it overall. Disappointing ending though (no I'm not talking about Kayo).
Well actually I was disappointed that adult Kayo didn't say baka na no.

>It wasn't about cute girls doing cute things so it made me mad

Fuck off, crossboard filth.

It was okay.

Shit

Really good opening desu.

The ED is amazing.
openings.moe/?video=Ending1a-BokuDakeGaInaiMachi

dumb, will only be remembered for the debating, and the cuck ending, not it being any good

the first half is 8/10
the rest is just 3/10

I liked it, and for some reason personally the ending and villain weren't that disappointing. He was just kind of a normal serial killer, although reading his backstory they cut out did improve it. I gave it 8/10 which is actually pretty good for me, i'm not a filthy MAL scorer

Did a good job at giving me the visceral feeling to protect borinng ass Kayo. As a story its messy as hell to me, even in the manga. Would have been better if there was no time travel and MC was an actual kid.

Dumb. It has some sweet moments but it's mostly just dumb as hell

The first half was actually amazing, one of the strongest first episode since Kabaneri.

I think the problem is, having a good idea for a story doesn't mean the whole story will be great. Author-Sama didn't found how to create a good story or ending. The idea and beginning was great, but that's it.

I really liked it, good ending too!

I like the anime and I really like the manga. 9/10

Dropped after 7 episodes because I just disdained it. Didn't even get to the "supposedly' shitty ending.

The first few eps were really good but later the suspension was pretty much gone; they wasted too much time on the loli drama instead of the murder mystery.
And the ending was just bad, and I'm not talking about the cucking, the way the mystery was resolved was just lame.

Mother was best girl.

Cuckoldry.

Still mad. Sensei ending would be perfect.
Also - I noticed Airi in the poster like 3 months after the show ended.

MC was rewarded with best girl. I am fine with this ending.

Pretty good, nothing amazing.

I actually liked it, although the ending did feel disappointing. Still, as a whole, it was above average.

One of the few main character who actually represents and fulfills what the true role of a MC is supposed to be.

As far as I am concerned, the most selfless character in fiction I've ever seen.

NTR is the devil's genre

It was bad.

>The true purpose of a protagonist is to be a cuckold.

The true purpose of a protagonist is to help his surrounding find happiness through giving them the tools to do so, not to partake in said happiness himself.

The only thing Hero and Husband have in common is that they both start with the letter H. True heroes always get the short end of the stick, because that short end suffices them.

>what's your genuine opinion of ERASED ?
It looked nice, had high production values and the initial half (the MC trying to save the Kayo) is pretty interesting. Kayo crying over actually getting to eat a breakfast made with love and care is heartbreaking.

However, there are three very major flaws that break what could've been an excellent thriller anime:
1. Revival is never explained or justified. It's just there, in regular-ass Japan this one guy randomly has the power to reverse time right before something horrible happens... and all of this was merely preparation to save his own mother... because???
2. A thriller isn't a thriller when there's no mystery. From the very first episode we know that the one who killed the MC's mother is an adult male. The only adult male who is given any screentime, other than the guy who owns the pizza parlor the MC works at, is his teacher. We already know the guy at the pizza parlor isn't involved because we never see him in the past (and we know he didn't know the MC at the time) so the only suspect is the teacher. They try and fail to have a very short red herring with that guy who enjoyed playing with drones in the park, but that's it. There's no real mystery.
3. The teacher's motivation makes no sense, until the very end it makes no damn sense.

I think that with a more active editor pointing out these flaws and compelling the author to correct them, this could've been very solid and perhaps even AOTY.

Oh, and I don't care about the MC supposedly being "cucked". He and Kayo has a few cute moments as children but were never in an actual confirmed relationship. She had no reason to wait for him to wake up, especially after they'd been separated way before the MC even fell into a coma.

The opening is pretty cool too.

Honestly, following this anime while it aired was really good up to episode 9 or so, had me waiting for next episode every time. After Kayo was saved the story felt kind of bland, and the ending was really mediocre.

Plus a good protagonist needs to find things about himself and either accept, change them or fail trying to do so in order to get character development. Satoru faced his apathy and lack of passion and managed to create a new future for himself and those around him.

And agreed, being a hero will usually suck when you see what you must sacrifice to accomplish your goals. That's why only a few can be labeled as such.

Now on the show I think it was pretty good, great start and amazing visuals. The opening was very catchy too. I think the problem was that the ending wasn't as impressive as the start and at least in the anime, that they put too much focus on Kayo and Satoru which made it look like a romance rather than Satoru's main goal of changing his past.

The sad thing is I agree with all points, and even then, it was still one of the best anime last year.

Anyone bringing up cucking should off themselves.

People got super upset over usagi drop ending, and they want basically an equivalent romance for Erased.
28y old guy grooming an 8y old so she wants his children later? Eh.

What the fuck was his problem?

>Time travel
Here's your problem

He never really treated Kayo like a daughter. Comparison is pretty weak.

masterpiece.

>It's been a year
Jesus Christ.

Thins

the only thing i cant agree with is the revival not being explain. i dont see why it has to be explained, it was the story about the guy fixing his life, not discovering time travel. its like kafka, they never explain why transformed into an insect. its just part of the metaphor. its not steins gate.

Sup Forums hates this anime for the wrong reason. There is nothing wrong with what Kayo did. Only retards who have never interacted with women before would expect Kayo to wait for Satoru to wake up.

There were problems with the ending but the "NTR" wasn't one of them.

extremely forgettable anime/manga, like just about everything made these days.

He's right though

That first half was so fucking good, sure a bit predictable but fuck I loved it. I wanted to see Kayo smile and be happy and when she finally did, it warmed my heart. Then the second half was rushed as fuck and kinda brought down the show for me a bit. Also don't get the hate that people have that Satoru didn't end up with Kayo in the end. That whole "I'll wait for you forever" cliche sucks and glad that they made her move on with her life instead of being some nutcase waiting for Satoru to wake up.

i hated it, the characters were all detestable.

Starts poorly but aside from some terrible writing it's an enjoyable thriller and I liked it more than S;G.

Meh