Eureka 7

Fuck, that was excellent. What do I do now?

I honestly feel like I wouldn't enjoy anything that continues the series after that ending

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=crzoSVUk0fk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

strap in buckaroo

You start by acknowledging that Anemone and Dominic was the superior couple.

>lusts over other guy the whole show
>meh ill go with this guy who has been a beta orbiter instead

Nope

>>lusts over other guy the whole show
She was trying to get on his good side. She was fearing for her life.

This.

best thing to do is forget the sequel even exists and move on to something else

for what though

Dude, the only good in the show happened when those two weren't on screen.

How is that in anyway excellent?

the last 8 episodes made up for the garbage that happened in the middle

Yeah man welcome to the fandom, now do yourself a huge favor and don't consume any other E7 media produced by bones past the original 50 episodes.

Seriously.

Eureka Seven: AO

consensus is that its shit though right? Id rather watch eva again and find all the allusions E7 makes to it

it is BUT it as cannon i think i only watched it once so watch it if you want a full story ending to the Eureka Seven series

is it like psycho-pass S2 level bad though?

>Fuck, that was excellent. What do I do now?
Kill yourself for having bad tastes

idk i haven't watch psycho-pass

just give it a few episode try its the only
Eureka Seven your going to get

Realize the ending came out of left field and that the manga was cannon

Psycho pass 2 didn't reach Ao level of trash by a large margin. I mean after watching Ao, Psycho pass 2 was like mind bleach for that travesty

I'll teach you something OP, after completing a series that you really liked read/watch something extrimely light, typically a comedy.

not OP but why?

yes tell us great sensei

Not even close.

You mean exaggerated bad because its predecessor was just as subpar and you just had bad tastes? Alright I guess.

why's that

This. Get drunk and watch lucky star, konosuba, or something similar.

Let your brain cool off a bit.

Fuck, I loved this. One of my favorite anime ever.

Would it be wrong for me to say that, as someone who considers the original E7 their favorite anime, the ending to AO didn't anger me but the OVA did?

AO was better.

Wait a couple years then proceed to rewatch,even the first 20 ep become good.
Rinse and repeat.

New final episode.

You leave it there and acknowledge that nothing else came of it. Maybe the manga if you prefer bittersweet endings, but even then.

This.
My go-to anime in times like these is either Barakamon or Konosuba.
You really need someting lighthearted and just pure fun.

The OVA's rather inoffensive by comparison, and at worst you can write it off as a what if story, so I'd be amazed to hear what you find so bad about it compared to the defilement of the original story's themes, characters and plot that AO pissed all over.

at least there's no way they can make it worse.

>My go-to anime in times like these is either Barakamon or Konosuba.
Wait, what? So you rewatch those every time you finish something really good?

No, it's worse. Much much worse.

>finish something really good
This is does not happen often but yeah, that's pretty much it. I also put Mikakunin into the mix though rewatching that is only mediocre.

The last times I desperately needed something to cool my head off was Utawarerumono and Code Geass.

>AO final episode anouncement
>this post
You are not fooling me user!

i don't understand

See:

why is bait though

Seems stupid, but because your thoughts right after usually are too focused on that series, enjoing some even mildly complex works can be hard. So watching a enjoyable light-hearted show give your head times to cool down, helping you clean off your mind and getting your train of thought back on track.
Fuck, Barakamon is so good, glad to see others doing this as well.

OP here, shouldn't it just be a show you have watched before? Like I have seen NGE quite a bit, so i rewatch it alot, so im watching the Rebuilds cause i got the BDs for christmas (along with E7)

No because themovie was legit bad but retards like this think its fine that you can write it off as a "alternate universe"

You could always watch Fafner

I thought the ending implied that renton became the alien and eureka the human?

>shouldn't it just be a show you have watched before?
Rewatching it's perfect too, as said.
The problem I have with more complex series is that I usually can't really follow what's happening due to my mind being still on full focus on the previous one, so that I don't enjoy it.
But if for you NGE is the series to go for a rewatch and cool down, it's cool.

i thought they became hybrids, like the based old man on ship the whole time

youtube.com/watch?v=crzoSVUk0fk

Fafner's awesome but it's not a greatest love story ever told.

Literally all they had to do in S2 was have Renton show up with Storywriter playing and it would have been spectacular.

But instead they made some unrelated generic piece of shit.

Psycho-Pass 2 didn't completely break down in the last few episodes and end up retconing itself out of existence

ETERNAL REMINDER

did they scrap this and make ao? or is this them?
and guy with butterfly wings is gay AF.

I thought Ao was based on the movie.

Childhood is idolising Gekkostate. Adulthood is when you realise Dewey makes more sense

Just like how childhood is believing we can coexist with Festum, when adulthood is realizing that only the flames of salvation can purify us from the Festum scourge

I don't know what's this.

is that fafner? what's it about?

Hope Anonymous.

It's about Hope.

Hope born from getting stuck with a tiny animation budget and Hirai Face designs because Gundam SEED Destiny was the latest hotness and your show is looking worse for the wear because Hirai is pulling double duty.

Hope that you can still make a great mecha franchise without a massive budget if you replace $$$ with love for your series

surprisingly that actually convinced me. when I try to watch the first anime, I dont know I guess I hated shows that started on an island.

At least that hope paid back in the end

Just remember, the start of the series is rough but it all pays off.

If you want a show that loves it's POETRY, it's Fafner

final bump of night

This.

Psycho Pass S2 is a fucking masterpiece compared to AO. Imagine a "sequel" series that doesn't use ANY characters fans came to love (apart from Eureka and Renton). Then add in swerves that betrayed everything the original series stood for. That piece of shit is AO.

AO is an okay addition to the franchise if you just don't get bogged down in the fact its trying to be a sequel to a complete story. It hit all the weird monster and mecha bits that the original did had good pacing and the characters were pretty endearing. I also feel like it got just as convoluted as the original did to at times just for the sake of convolutedness. It should be more considered a spin off more then anything not a direct sequel.

>I honestly feel like I wouldn't enjoy anything that continues the series after that ending

And you'd be right. I actually like AO but I can't recommend it.

You did watch the ball right? The one where Anemone goes from "I'm safe and happy as the commander's favorite" to "Oh god, He's crazier than I am on drugs." in the course of a single waltz right?

In the beginning, it was hero worship and adolescent projection of desire, In the middle it was an ingratiating scheme and an attempt at reversing her downward trend.
By the end, she was literally begging for sorties so she wouldn't be discarded.

This was entirely intentional on Dewey's part.

Additionally, you have some serious nerve trying to call Dominic beta compared to the man who got cucked by the planet.

God fucking dammit...

explain because I honestly dont know what's this supposed to be.

Promo material depicting a female child with Eureka's hair and a male Coralian(hybrid?) looking out over the hidden Earth.

Originally it permitted two conclusions: The world as it was finished was such that Eureka and Renton raised children, or that the restored world made it so that Coralian and Humans could coexist as discrete sapient beings, drawing the same conclusion without the explicit need for generation upon generation of Hybrid inter-breeding.

Now it means that E7 was more satisfying without a sequel.

Completely disregarding its worth as a sequel and taking it on its own merits, AO still has some of the most godawful points of writing I've seen in any anime during the second half (the first half was inoffensive at worst and genuinely pretty enjoyable for me at its high points, once again disregarding the show's nature as a sequel).

Truth alone is one of the most nonsensical characters ever written from his origins to his motivations, red herring side plots are continually introduced and then discarded or resolved in a rushed fashion despite the MAIN plot suffering in coherency from not having enough exploration or explanation, and I'm certain even the writers completely lost track of what they were doing when they introduced the literal retcon gun to try and tackle the fact that the fundamental time/space relationship between the original and AO makes absolutely zero sense even by E7 plot standards.

And these problems are all not touching on whether or not the product as a whole follows the themes set up in the original whatsoever. In fact, I'm actually in disagreement with most about how much AO shat on the original's themes, but that's an entirely different topic that I don't want to discuss because just thinking about how badly AO shat the bed later on gives me a headache enough.

Maybe my perception was colored differently simply because of the other "sequel" series that got released that year for last exile. FUCK Last exile season 2. It was far worse then AO which isn't saying much but I still enjoyed AO quite a bit on its own. AO's ova was actually quite fun too simply because it probably didn't have the ending to that train wreck of a plot to worry about.

Thats hilarious because theres AO.
Now let me warn you about AO, its a decent show (decent not good: as in better than whats normally airs). That is until the last few episodes. It becomes shit when it attempts to resolve itself.
So in comparison, think penguindrum. Unremarkable but decent show until the second half where it starts resolving itself. Except this time its crammed in a few episodes and complete shit.

Just accept that it was a good anime and move on. Took me a couple of months but you can do it too. Maybe every year watch it again at least once.

isn't the manga only like 15 chapters?