Ole Golazo
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Demon's Plan (first ranking)
Ibitsu no Amalgam
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

One Piece (Absent)

Shounen Jump Issue 9:
Cover, Lead CP: Gintama
CP: Shokugeki no Souma, Boruto, Asagaya Geijutsu Koukou Eizou-ka e Youkoso (One Shot)

Other urls found in this thread:

comipress.com/news/2007/09/05/2600.html
headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20161107-00000311-oric-ent
jump-netabare.seesaa.net/article/445307678.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pure

01 Hero Academia c.116
02 Black Clover c.87
03 Hinomaru c.122
04 Kimetsu no Yaiba c.39
05 Sōma c.192
06 Gintama c.613
07 Sesuji wo Pin! to c.76
08 Yūna-san c.40
09 Samon-kun c.58
10 Saiki c.221
11 Demon's Plan c.1
12 Amalgam c.7

Demon's Plan flopped pretty badly

I think Ole Golazo will flop next week too since it's in the same spot DP was in last week

>Neverland cover.
>Pajeet's reign finally over.
>Kimetsu up there.
>Demon whatever flopping.

What a time to be alive.

Neverland was sixth from bottom in both its sixth and seventh weeks. Proceeded to leap to top 4.

But I hear buzz about Golazo is pretty nonexistent in Japan, unlike Neverland, so it probably will flop.

>04 Kimetsu no Yaiba c.39
THE GREATEST

You mean
>most flamboyant

You mean
>most flamboyant flamboyance

Still no World Trigger announcement in this issue?

do companies seriously rank manga by popularity? being a mangaka must be a miserable existence. imagine having to pull a good story out of your ass every week.

Oda supposedly stated a few years ago in one of the volumes that the ranking has nothing to do with popularity. It's mostly up to the editor.

comipress.com/news/2007/09/05/2600.html

It is true that less successful series are put in the back, every new series that tanks and gets cancelled always, always inhabit the bottom of the rankings and appear in the back of the magazine.

Wow. Spring weapon jumped up in popularity.

he's talking about the magazine's mood not the editor's mood

for example, Isobee is always in the end so the magazine can end on a happy note

here is a recent interview with BnHA editor saying the exact same thing

headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20161107-00000311-oric-ent

>I'm new
it's not ranked this week

Average over past 8 weeks

01.02 One Piece
02.46 Hero Academia
02.89 Black Clover
03.47 Haikyū!!
03.52 Neverland
05.58 Kimetsu no Yaiba
06.82 Sesuji wo Pin! to
07.21 Hinomaru
08.11 Yūna-san
08.28 Sōma
08.59 Samon-kun
08.91 Saiki
09.40 Gintama
11.19 No.01
11.92 Demon's Plan
12.67 Amalgam
13.00 Red Sprite

Average excluding finished series

01.06 One Piece
02.57 Hero Academia
02.98 Black Clover
03.55 Haikyū!!
03.56 Neverland
05.75 Kimetsu no Yaiba
07.01 Sesuji wo Pin! to
07.42 Hinomaru
08.33 Yūna-san
08.46 Sōma
08.65 Samon-kun
09.13 Saiki
09.59 Gintama
11.19 No.01
11.92 Demon's Plan
12.83 Amalgam

D-does this mean Dancing Midgets will stay alive?

Probably, Amalgam and Demon's Plan and Spring Weapon are all more expendable than Sesuji. And usually if a series has a cushion of 3 series, it's safe for another 4-5 months because Jump rarely cancels more than 3 manga in a single round.

Not sure about Amalgam and Spring weapon since they got color and extra pages treatment, but let's see what happens. I just want the midgets to live

I think Golazo might at least last longer then Demons Plan

Although yeah your right there's little to no people talking about it, even sites that are normally infested with fujos like pixiv that for any other sports series would post endless pictures,

You search Golazo you get about 2 resaults.

Which is kind of a shame for the Author at least since reading his comments in the author comments page, the dude seems like a die hard soccer fan and if he continues making manga if Golazo gets the axe next week, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up making another one somewhere down the line

Well, Sesuji also got color pages recently too and always ranks better so I think it's still ahead of them in the pecking order.

Just by the looks of it, Amalgam seems like it's heading toward a conclusion. Seems like he'll have a big showdown, rescue the tsundere from the evil scientist, and then it ends.

I actually kind of liked how the series started to do stupid, over the top action

I don't know. But it should be at least worthy of an obvious announcement prior to its return.

In other news, the WT English dub premiered on a Spanish cartoon channel. I'm morbidly curious as to how that turned out.

I hope so. I just read the most recent chapter and it's very clear the story's at one of those rare points where you could either:
1) End it very cleanly
2) Move onto a new arc.

Hoping for second one.

>05.58 Kimetsu no Yaiba
>06.82 Sesuji wo Pin! to
Good.

>08.59 Samon-kun
Please get higher.

That's the battle arc climax, right?

Looks like this series is overdue for another kouhai chapter.

Next week is last one of the battle arc, but hopefully it does better since there isn't any fighting in it but a celebration party instead.

I like Golazo's art. I hope it gets to stay around, it seems like the best series introduced this round. Also hat girl a cute

Maybe the long-awaited poll results chapter will fare better in the rankings. Or it'll tank since the author trolled everyone into thinking they were finally gonna get a fanservice scene.

yeah its gonna be alive at least for another half year or so. It very well still could get cancelled and im sort of setting my expectations low as to avoid another Mx0 situation.

At least now i am a bit more ok if the series is cancelled than i would of been a while back, cause after this current arc i feel like the series finally had its time to show off a really climatic and worthwhile side of itself that justifies it getting a read even if it ends abruptly, before id just be sad that something with potential ended early without getting the chance to shine, preferably it stays alive for the foreseeable future and shines even more but at least now its got that 1 massive high point.

yeah the current arc could very well of been the ending to the whole series if they really wanted to, all they'd need to do is conclude the romance and do some hopeful for the future type end for how they will do better at dance in the future.

Black Clover is really starting to piss me off with its placement, and that's said as someone who was unapologetic ally a fan until the current arc, it's just been pure garbage since those light novel characters showed up but nobody's discouraging the author from his shit storytelling like they did with Soma

Kimetsu has me so fucking hyped for the past few months, so I'm glad to see it finally seems to be settled into itself...and I hope Yakusoku actually gets to the escape within a month or two

I hope Ole Galozo survives, but I can't wait to see Demon's Plan get cancelled...Spring Weapon and Amalgam I would be okay keeping for a while longer but if they both had to go, I wouldn't be upset

Boruto better finish up the fucking move re-run soon, I never watched the movie but reading up on it, the only thing that possibly makes this interesting as a sequel is Boruto is the Sakura character and could tell the story from a new angle but that's at the end of the movie, all this rehashing of the terrible movie plotline is a waste of a series

Otherwise, I'm pretty thrilled with the line-up and think the placements are fair based on current arcs

I wonder if Spring Weapon getting a CP is due to an upswing in popularity.

Might pull a Samon-kun.

I feel they are trying to push it because they are short on content right now and the first tankobon sale is coming soon so they just want to see sales

it got a CP, you autist

shounen jump is advertising it alot and seems to want to make it the next gag manga for the serialization so i think its safe even with the lower ranks.

I feel like editorial is giving both Number One and Amalgam a second, probably last chance to succeed. Not out of the kindness of their hearts but like you said, to try to keep the lineup as full as possible until they can fill 20 up spots again.

After the extra pages Amalgam got didn't seem to help, they probably told the author that that was his last chance, so he's starting the final battle with the final villain now and will probably end Amalgam by the time new series come.

Number One will see how its color pages affect its popularity and if it doesn't help, then it's probably out the door too.

In regard to Samon's rankings, it's just in the same situation Sesuji was in half of 2016 and Soma was in the last 2 months or Gintama has been in for the last 2 years. It's in an unpopular arc. Sesuji and Soma bounced back almost immediately after their arcs ended, and Samon hopefully will too.

I kind of want Golazo to survive because the artist is so fucking passionate about what he's doing. He also has some great art- draws movement and hype scenes very well. The whole thing is leagues better than Spring Weapon, Demon's Plan, and Ibitsu no Amalgam. The only good thing I could say about any of them is that Ibitsu at least has some great art and spread pages. They all feel somewhat soulless and tired, though. "Been there, done that, where's my paycheck please?" types of works.

Wonder if WT is going to enter a Great Hiatus arc or not at this point. It's been a while. Maybe Togaishi will have company.

>Black Clover ranked second

Good shit

>I kind of want Golazo to survive because the artist is so fucking passionate about what he's doing. He also has some great art- draws movement and hype scenes very well. The whole thing is leagues better than Spring Weapon, Demon's Plan, and Ibitsu no Amalgam. The only good thing I could say about any of them is that Ibitsu at least has some great art and spread pages.
My feelings exactly, plus, Banba is easily my favorite new protagonist. Also, on the side of being positive, though I have nothing positive to say about Demon's Plan, I think Spring Weapon is a nice fun little gag series and would be fine seeing it continue, at least for as long as there is other actual trash in the magazine. I think Amalgam would be more at home in Jump SQ where it's all about the art and story is secondary because it is some great art and designs for specific moments.

Kill yourself (though Charmy is great, she hasn't been in the series for a while now)

>and that's said as someone who was unapologetic ally a fan until the current arc

Which is a shame because everything from chapter 22 to the current arc was pretty fucking good, aside from the dialogue, which I'm sure will always be shit unless it comes from Yami or Julius.

Exactly, it was all those side characters and their personalities that was making the series fun and then suddenly all of that gets thrown out the window, the big arc the protagonist is supposed to go through is wiped clean in an instant and all character development and consequences thrown out the window and then he's sidelined from his own series along with all the characters that made it interesting...I'm really not seeing how he's even going to fix the series at this point

well here's hoping the next arc less like the current one and more like what came before, and also that we never see these LN characters again.

Also I'm awaiting the return of best villain

i thought gintama's generally had good rankings prior to the rankyou arc, it'd be insane if it didnt given that the quality of the shogun assassination and farewell shinsengumi arcs were the best in the series.

gintama is invincinble till it ends on its own terms anyway cause it sells really well both in manga and merch, even the anime which has dropped in sales still is pretty darn good.

Gintama has not mattered in the rankings for a long time because it always goes up and down, I think a lot of people are just disappointed week to week when it's not funny

I think this final arc will read much better in tankobon when the series ends in a couple months...it's just for anyone follow it currently, you wouldn't even know what the series used to be like because it's quite out of character right now, apart from a few golden chapters thrown in here and there like the Taizo, Hata or Tama ones...the actual main cast hasn't been interesting in a while

I think they might be safe regardless. Right now only 17 series are consistently published every week, so they have to keep almost all the current series in order to hit 20 again since they only introduce 2-4 new manga every round.

Well love rush and red sprite got axed, so I think they'll axe it if need to be and they're terrible

Why does people hate Demon's Plan?

>Black Clover
>Good
>Ever

That being said, its continuous shitting the bed has really turned into a torrent of chipotle-induced diarrhea. How it could be up there for any reason beyond editor shenanigans is beyond me.

Dude, every TOC every week is the result of editor manipulation, regardless of what ranks where.

editor manipulation but based off popularity so it's not accurate but it's still not 100% editors choosing the order. The more popular series are usually at the top according to WSJ mangaka that commented on the ToC.

There's manipulation and then there's putting a shit manga up in the top 5 continuously when it clearly doesn't deserve it.

They could put the dancing midgets up there. They could put Salmon up there. Hell, they could just stick one of the new ones up there and hope it catches on.

But Clovershit? Fuck Clovershit.

Jesus Christ that's bizarre. There was a trailer for it and it sounded garbage so I guessed they killed.

They need to force clovershit because it's the closest they may have to a mainstream hit considering it's Naruto.
Like what happened with Toriko and hopefully people will get tired of it.

Black Clover is their biggest thing since Hero Academia, and it's nearing the period where a potential sales boost is at its highest (anime soon), so it's really not surprising they're doing this.

>Neverland jumping in popularity

Good. Now it just needs to stick the landing of the escape.

It ain't goin nowhere

The sad part is that they could be promoting Yuuna, but nope.

every ToC thread where BC gets high it's the same shit.

>every series I like that gets high ranking deserves it
>every series I don't like that gets high ranking is 100% editor manipulation

BC gets good sales so your argument that it's not good enough is moot

It's too early for a Yuuna anime, and the series is doomed to not be a worldwide hit due to Viz's licensing policies.

yea, I () said BC isn't up there JUST because of editor manipulation. It's popular enough to deserve to be in top 5.

>Demon's Plan

Hahahaha

I read the first chapter and it seemed really edgy and homoerotic. I take it it's bad?

The sad truth is BC is nowhere near the level of BnHA when its not even have an anime hell even toriko. BC and Ghostits have the same level of popularity but there not even pushing the latter.

Just thinknof every cliche ever and that's Demon Plan.

FT x Naruto

The main promotion for Yuuna goes to the full color chapters in digital WSJ, which Jump promoted in recent chapters. It really should have gotten a cover or lead CP already though

It's near the first anniversary already, so I expect there to be a cover for that at least

Order of highest Jump digital sales:
World's End Harem > Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san > Black Clover / Hinomaru Zumou

WEH has extra pages, with colored ones too in the digital vols

Sasuke rescue arc the manga literally, except with more >WHERES M-MUH BOYFRIEND dialogue

>Black Clover
>biggest thing since Hero Academia

They were released with in a year of each other.

Please. I don't like Ghost Tits or Zumo, but I can at least see the appeal in them.

BC is just garbage. Flat characters. Flat expressions. Boring designs. Lackluster worldbuilding. Nothing compelling about it. Even when they try and tug at your heartstrings it's boring.

It's just Toriko all over again with tons of promotions and CPs to bump up sales. Except Toriko had a hook with food and over-the-top monster hunting which could have been decent had Shima kept it silly and not tried to make things serious.

Black Clover doesn't even have that. It's just LOLMAGIC and generic fantasy bullshit. Which could have been fine if Tabata was worth anything as a writer. But he's not.

Have you read it or looked at the art? That would answer all your questions

>I don't like Zumo
It definitely deserves its regular high rankings

Erina-sama finds a way.

Its almost like we're back on the right timeline.

So if MHA's shitty spinoff was in SJ instead of SJ, how would it fare against BC?

*instead of MHA

The spinoff is pretty good actually chapters are full of action,strategy and most important of all SoL that MHA barely have.

Based Neverland, can't wait to see the color spread and the WSJ cover. Spoilers when?

Waiting for spoileranon to deliver

It's a pity that MS will take until Sunday or even Monday to translate it though.

Neverland Spoiler:

In the HQ letter, Krone was promoted to the Mama of the fourth farm. The position opened there for unknown reasons and Isabella recommended Krone who was then chosen as suitable. Grandma will pick her up at the Gate, so Isabella tells her to get her baggage. Isabella smiles and tells her to do her best at the new farm, but Krone sees all of this as a trap. The letter seems to be fake and the HQ is planning to deal with Krone as Isabella suggested them too. Before being killed by Mama, she plans to overcome her. Krone gets to the Gate and shows Grandma Ray's note, revealing that a jailbreak is about to happen. But Grandma is uninterested and says that it's not a big deal as long as Isabella handles it. [Looks like that kind of stuff happened quite a few times before e.g. with Isabella herself] Apparently Isabella is more useful to them than Krone is. Krone understands that Grandma and Isabella were working together from the start and Krone never stood a chance against them. A huge Demon Arm reaches out for Krone.
Krone's Memories: Krone drops her pen and picks it up during a lesson. Krone checks out the Gate. There is some mathematic formula written inside the cap of the pen so she hides it in the desk next to her bed. She thinks that she has to defeat Isabella. She remembers the children and hopes they mangae to escape as she'll be killed by the demon in front of her.
The next day, 13:00: The children decide that they may need to escape tomorrow, 4 days ahead.

WEW
E
W

The pace is picking up pretty quick, good choice to have the color spread with this chapter

Thanks user

What's the point of sending Krone in the first place then?

Source on this?

jump-netabare.seesaa.net/article/445307678.html

So we still don't know what Ray's note says.

Sesuji is at the top because a new arc is starting

Anyone surprised how well is doing Neverland? I really like the series, but I never thought it would be the kind of series that have success in Jump.

The new D.Gray-man chapter is 7 PAGES

SEVEN PAGES

HACK
A
C
K

Togashi 2.0.

Source my man

I'm surprised too, it just didn't seem like the kind of thing that the magazine's actual target audience (Japanese boys) would actually like and vote for in the rankings.

I don't know why it still has any fans, it became incomprehensible garbage almost 10 years ago and has only gotten more confusing with each hiatus.

It is similar to how kids these day call mumble music "lit" you might not understand it or see it but Japanese middle schoolers could. Your standards for Jump are dumb it is a crappy kids magazine recycling their golden turd formula that they found success with in the 80s,90s to death I can not wait for One Piece to end so they can get fucked over but also nips aren't making enough babies their demographic is bond to fall to shit one day but there will be more neck beards by then to save it by throwing their mom's money at their next big shit

Pages this year

Hoshino: 7
Togashi: 0
Miura: 0
Ashihara: 0

You should be grateful DGM fans

I stopped being able to comprehend what was going on around the time a level 4 Akuma attacked their base. Also Hoshino has a bad habit of sidelining formerly important but still popular characters for bland new ones.

JB should steal it from them since MS stole Black Clover

she just had a fucking hiatus last issue ffs. 6 months to draw 7 pages.