There are people posting on this board right now that don't consider Kill la Kill a masterpiece

>there are people posting on this board right now that don't consider Kill la Kill a masterpiece
Explain yourselves.

No, Kill la Kill yourself first.

I remember when the first concept art pieces were released and we thought it was just going to be schoolgirls fighting with swords

I wish it was that

But it is

That's exactly what it was.

I enjoyed it but it wasn't a masterpiece by any means.
From animation that is a drag and drop slideshow at times, A plot that dropped the ball at the halfway point and the OVA shenanigans are all legitimate reasons to not consider it a masterpiece.

The plot gets good at episode 16 though.
And what the fuck was wrong with the OVA? Did you want some SoL episode or soething?

What kind of argument is " It get's good 2/3 the way in."?
The OVA was just in all honesty didn't need to exist. The only thing it did was give backstory to one character who maybe had less than 10 lines through the whole show.

I heavily enjoyed the weekly thread discussions.

Truly, a masterpiece.

Gurren Lagann was way better.

I remember those days. You remember all the speculation over this until the episode came out?

Are you serious? Even if you don't care about Rei, who however was a missing plot point that needed to be addressed, he OVA gave an end to Satsuki's character arc. As well as explaining what every character will do after the series and having the academy mecha and the flashy finishing move that was missing in ep 24.
And the story really gets going 2/3 in because especially the first half is mostly episodic and inconsequential. Nothing wrong about that.

It's actually shit, nowhere close to even good, let alone masterpiece.

It's actually really good, brilliant even.

It doesn't matter what every character is gonna do as a profession after the series because it is the end of the series. They could all kill themselves in a ritualistic suicide in all sincerity but since we'll never see it unless they do a second season it doesn't matter.
Rei caused even more confusion than clarity. If she as brought in for the soul purpose of being a battery then why did she need Satsuki in the first place? Seems it was just added to try and give the OVA weight to help with the pointless character arc that you think was so desperately needed even though it was resolved through the last few episodes.

Not a fan
Dropped it after her uniform turned into a plane and she tried to go super saiyan when the pink girl appeared

You are easily impressed.
It is Imashi's worst TV anime by far.

The show did not have proper direction plot wise and the "shit on purpose" style was not funny or appealing.

it was just "ok"

Satsuki's character arc was resolved? What are you talking about?
And Ragyo wanted Satsuki for the same reason she wanted Ryuko, to make them brainwashed by Junketsu.
And if you didn't care about the characters enough to want to know what will happen to them that's fine, but don't pretend it isn't just you. That's normal in epilogues.

>It is Imashi's worst TV anime by far.
That's P&S, which is still overall ok.
>The show did not have proper direction plot wise
It clearly did.
>and the "shit on purpose"
It certainly wasn't shit, let alone on purpose.

Holy shit what a pleb

PSG was a directorial triumph almost on par with FLCL

>it clearly did
Explain the driving force through the series

>it isn't shit on purpose
What would you call the cardboard animation? It wasn't a budget problem.

I liked Ryuko and Senketsu, they were cute.

Satsuki's fat ass was a masterpiece.

Meme garbage

The ending was pretty meh.

Especially the bit where she wakes up from the coma and is suddenly a complete bitch for the most retarded reason.

>PSG was a directorial triumph almost on par with FLCL
Sounds like an exaggeration.
>explain the driving force through the series
Narratively or thematically? Because both are pretty self explanatory.
>what would you call the cardboard animation? It wasn't a budget problem.
It was in part a scheduling and budget problem. But Trigger took advantage of that employing it for comedic purposes and using techniques as a further throwback to the old school anime the series was built upon, exactly like they did with the painted screenshots.

Masterpieces aren't rewritten halfway through the series.

Literally nothing but speculation.
And you know, Apocalypse Now exists.

To be clear, I'm talking about shots like this that were common in the '70s to mask the lack of animation, but became rarer and rarer trough the years and today have basically disappeared.

And this is another instance of "cardboard animation" or "characters sliding through the screen" explicitly homaging Dezaki.

I love dezaki, I wasn't referring to the Harmony shots, I was referring to the actual limited animation, which legitimately looked worse than some 60's anime

For example?
The only instances I won't defend where I think the series suffered animation wise are in episodes 13, 19 and 20, and in these cases it certainly was a scheduling problem, as 19 and 20 were probably originally intended to be 3 episodes and had to be redrawn because of the 1 week delay of the second cour (unsurprisingly, the storyboards are lacking as well).

I don't have gifs saved to my computer of a show I hate

>Explain the driving force through the series

The red string of fate. The life fibers are figuratively the strings of fate. Ryuko and Senketsu are made to be together (a fate that is imposed on them by the life fibers) but they gain power by chosing to be together. The kiryuins are fated to be slaves to the life fibers, that is Satsuki's destiny, but she chooses to sever her fate which gives her resolve. The fate of the Kiryuins is forced on Ryuko in the form of Junketsu but she rips it off because otherwise she can't wear Senketsu.

Its not said literally every episode like in TTGL and the drill/spiral, but it's just as prominent every episode.

>edgy
>slideshow animation
>hur dur my fanservice isn't fanservice it's a social commentary hur dur
>fashion/fascism ohh so deep
>studio trigger

kys OP

Hourly Trigger shill thread?

It should be mentioned that threads of fate and defying fate in general blend with the themes of individuality and freedom from the shackles of society common to every Imaishi work ("it's okay to be abnormal", "it's okay to be a bitch", "mecha with a face vs mecha with no face" etc), so of course you have the protagonist affirming her individuality (nudity) in the microcosm of the academy where the uniform you wear defines your place in the social order, and later a villain that wants to turn everyone in the same cloth as the heroes affirm their uniqueness (" we're utterly incomprehensible")

How about you try google?

Kill La kill is just a Cloth Road copy anyways.

June May >>>>>> Ryuko, Satsuki and any other character.

It's not a masterpiece. It's better than it has any right to be; it has a solid narrative and is exceptionally fun.

>edgy
The protagonist is edgy, not the series. There's a difference.
>slideshow animation
You're retarded. It's one of the cleanest, best-looking animations around. Even the parts where it'll change animation style for a bit look like smooth and flawless executions of that style. I could post webm after webm demonstrating how great this show is, but you won't be convinced, because this is something that you've pulled entirely out of your ass and will rabidly defend.
>hur dur my fanservice isn't fanservice it's a social commentary hur dur
It can be both, you asswipe, and it's kinda too hard on the nose to be misinterpreted.
Clothes make the man.
This is especially true for women.
The most powerful dresses in the world are mourning dresses (Ryuko's kamui is black and was found in her dead father's house), wedding dresses (Satsuki's kamui is literally referred to as this), and slut-wear (both of the dresses in question).
>fashion/fascism ohh so deep
It's not supposed to be "deep." Not everything has to be a fucking lesson on Freudian imagery.
>studio trigger
>being this assmad

A fun and engaging first half with a disappointing second.

Also, Satsuki-sama > Ryuko

>The protagonist is edgy

Literally stopped reading there.

Cute and edgy are not mutually exclusive. Ryuko is edgy done well.

I remember when half the catalog was klk-threads and I hated it

Ryuko's not edgy friendo

Schedule collapse caused some problems, but KLK peaked in the second half regardless.

The only people who think its a masterpiece are over at Sup Forums.

>not edgy

She asked Mako's little brother whether or not he had ever been kissed, then said something along the lines of, "good, you can die without regrets then," when she first met him.
That's pretty edgy and just one example.
I'm not saying she's not hot.

>Have an existential crisis for understandable reason
>Literally spill your guts in apology afterward

This is not an edgy.

Eva reference? Trigger confirmed for bros.

>delinquent
>revenge quest
>bad bitch attitude
>fuck the system
She's edgy.

Satsuki and some of the other characters were superficially interesting, but aside from that, the show was a disaster in pretty much every regard. I really can't think of any praise for the show outside of some of the character designs.

>pretends to be delinquent
>doesn't actually care about revenge and lets it go entirely when she overcomes her selfdoubt
>is actually a huge softy girly girl that loves pretty clothes
>doesn't even care about the system and only fights it to find answers or protect others

Not edge

You can read some in this thread.

No, even if most of her delinquent act is a facade she put up to survive after being abandoned, her dislike for authority is real.

you idiots must realize how anime as a media is very damaged by this bullshit

you call this crap "anime saved" but the "not nerds" don't know is just meme trolling and truly believe this "dumb action ecchi comedy" is the best the media can offer

stop call crap things good as a meme

Cool story fag.

>pretends to be delinquent
She wasn't pretending. The flashbacks actually show it.
>doesn't actually care about revenge
Right, she flips her shit and loses her way when Nui revealed herself to her because she "doesn't care" about revenge.
> lets it go entirely
Character development. She grows up.
>is actually a huge softy girly girl
You can be edgy and still have a sense of compassion.
> fights it to find answers or protect others
Not really. Her motivations are mostly selfish. She just happens to make friends along the way.

Ryuko being edgy doesn't make her a bad character.

Trigger is descended from Studio Gainax. Of course there would be at least one reference.

More like a dozen.

Well it's confrimed that half of retards shouting "it's bad" have never watched\finished it.
Great show.

Trigger isn't a good studio. It's a Meme studio for westerners.

You can complain Japs have shit taste all you like, but so do Westerners

>the best the media can offer
it literally is
or are you one of those pretentious "animay are art" faggots?

It was lovely being there and watching the series together.

A lot of Ryuko's "edgy" is circumstantial, she's compassionate first edgy second.

>second opening teases both Senketsu and Junketsu super forms
>only Senketsu actually gets it
Fucking bait-and-switch bullshit

>Senketsu is a real boy and Ryuko and him have been developing throughout every episode of the show so he gets a super form
>Junketsu is a piece of shit midboss, not a person and nobody even likes it so it gets eaten a snack

Makes sense to me.

Both the uniform and the eye.

The audio dramas mention that Junketsu had a super form, and that Ragyo had planned to use it for what Shinra Koketsu ended up being used for... except Satsuki had been systematically sabotaging Junketsu for years until only its basic functions remained. Rei's the one who finds out, and she kicks Satsuki around a bit while she's hanging in the dungeons. That really should have been in an actual episode, because it was a pretty neat scene /and/ explained why Ragyo didn't even start building the lynchpin of her plan until the last minute.

There was even some concept art done of the unseen Junketsu Shinzui, which shows up in one of the KLK artbooks.

>projecting desires this hard

pls don't tell me she's your waifu when you can't even appreciate the character for what she is.

she's a well done character but she is edgey, and it's done well.

You're being triggered by the term edgey like a delinquent sonic fan.

Wait, didn't she had to use Shinra Koketsu for activate the cocoon only because the original life fiber and the transmitter were destroyed?

Life Fiber Domination is Koketsu's power (and presumably Junketsu's before it was drugged), in order to use the transmitter to tell all the life fibers to awaken Ragyo needed one of them to command the other life fibers.

>2017
>still expecting high art from works that have to attain to broadcast standards

>From animation that is a drag and drop slideshow at times
>confusing legitimate animation design choices with bad animation

t. retard

You mean the static character animation? Like when the trap club leader put on senketsu or Nui's paper thing? Those are references to inferno cop.

Not enough Nui to be considered a masterpiece.

How much would anons want to see one more season revolving around half who-dun-it mystery over someone is fucking about with gathering the remaining shreds of life fibres, ending with a few new OLF and Covers threat invasion. Scissor blades are destroyed and unraveled into fibres. Enough shreds are gathered to reweave new suits for the elite four, and thanks to finding and isolating specific bankai threads, Senketsu and Junketsu. And there is even a suit for Mako to wear so she can be relevant. Kamui Harime.

>Nui

But I do.

>Bring back Senketsu
YES

>Bring back Junketsu
Meh

>Bring back Nui
And you lost me

What other series had hijacked and dominated Sup Forums as much as KlK did?

Not enough imouto in DKNN though