lunouta.com/interview/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Lu a cute

Looks like shit.

Bad taste

Is it a theatrical film or TV show?

>sequel to Ponyo
Nah, don't have time for fanfic.

Looks beautiful but it looks like a movie.

Only a short trailer and its already better than Ponyo.

It is

A movie to surpass Kimi no Na wa...

film

God fucking damn it Yuasa.

When is he producing the next thing that tops Ping Ping already.

Movies can't be better than Ping Pong?

>Ping Ping
You mean this piece of shit moe anime?

Go watch Tatami Galaxy, Lelouch.

He is doing it rn. It's supposedly an extremely lewd series

>Tsuritama meets Ponyo.

Is this TV or movie? Looks too high spec to be TV.

Didn't read the thread, ignore me.

She looks like a slightly less retarded version of Ponyo.

This looks great.

Fucking movies though, we aren't going to see this or his other one until 2018.

I hope it's not, but it's look boring to be honest.

tatami galaxy 2 is this spring

>フラッシュアニメーション
Well having that kind of credit is going to cause no end of shitposting considering the way the term is miscontrued in USA to mean "bad" animation.

I assume this is the family film that Yuasa was working on.

Yeah this spring in the theatres. The BD release won't happen until late this year or early next year.

If Ponyo was on cocaine, this is on fucking acid.

Het lewd or homo het? Will Yuasa save us from this fujoshit era?

It's unlikely.

God no I'm on about this fucking masterpiece.

Ping Pong was the worst show Yuasa has made to date in all respects.

reminder

Found the retard.

Movies are objectively better and more expressive than television

Seriously rushed production of a decent sports story in an unconventional way. Not really that impressive, sorry.

This dude is ugly

Looks 'normal' to me

Not as ugly as his female friend

Human characters look incredibly lame, but Lu and her dad are really good. I'm not sure if I should be excited or not.

It has the same flash-like feel to the movement that the new tatami galaxy trailer thing had, and I really hate it. The new tatami galaxy looks much uglier than the old one, and this movie seems to carry the same weird indescribable ugliness.
Looking forward to it though, hope it can prove me wrong.

Looks good but not good enough to surpass Mind Game.

I fucking love Yuasa. Hope this is as good as (or better than) Mind Game.

Amazon pls license

Is this what he hired Oshiyama to direct?

No this is a film and there is no confirmation that Oshiyama will be working on the other project as a director at all. It's more likely that he is just working as a key animator or perhaps episode director/storyboarder.

That's supposed to be a TV show

Looks like way more of a general audience movie than Mind Game. Hopefully they don't try too hard to make something with mass appeal.

It's supposed to be a family movie.

Yuasa is one of the most creative men alive. Looking through his sketchbook it's amazing how many things can come out of his head. Can't wait for this film.

I know. I just want Yuasa to do Yuasa and not dumb things down in the interest of reaching more people. The trailer looks pretty good, though, so I guess I'm not too worried.

Yuasa's roots are in mass appeal family shows like Crayon Shin-Chan. To say a mass appeal film wouldn't be Yuasa is just wrong.

I know that he did a lot of animation work on the Crayon Shin-chan franchise, but as far as I know, he never actually directed or wrote anything for it. Given the chance to head his own projects, he's almost always created niche shit for weirdos. This sort of movie is definitely a departure for him.

>save money on shading
>spend it on animation and backgrounds
Not sure if I'm okay with this, but at least it looks interesting.

Not really he has talked many times in interviews about how his work on those kinds of shows was a huge influence on his style and outlook.

I AM hyped

I can already tell the OST is gonna be god tier.

Is this to be released on 2017? If so, this might be one of the best years for the medium. Modern anime haters BTFO.

>Modern anime haters BTFO
Why are you trying to start shit in this thread?

When I first heard Yuasa was doing a family film, my expectations were that it'd be something vaguely similar to Shin-chan or Maruko-chan. I'm a little disappointed that it's not.

At least Lu is cute.

Looks like garbage.

Looks sweet! I feel like I won't help but be able to draw unfavourable comparisons to Ponyo, but visually the trailer looks really cool, and I like these kinds of stories. Yuasa is constantly reinventing himself and pushing new ground, I think he's by far the greatest figure in contemporary animation.

>A movie

Aaaaaaand into the trash it goes.

So it's just a garbage ponyo ripoff?

What kind of mental gymnastics do you have to perform to convince yourself that a TV show would be favourable to a movie? There aren't many good anime shows, but the bar for film isn't bad at all.

>mental gymnastics
I think it's the lack of mental ability that leads them to believe a movie is bad.

Edgy

>it's only a movie so it must be bad
This is what I interpret by the line above:
>I need to immerse myself for more than 1.5 hour in order to enjoy anime
>I need an OP/ED
>I need """"more""""" plot
>I need more character """"development""""
>I don't care about shitty quality, I just want 20 weekly minutes of a TV show
I bet you plebs don't even like episodic masterpieces such as Mushishi.

>Yuasa is constantly reinventing himself and pushing new ground
I don't think that's accurate to his upcoming films.

I mean in 2017, anime movies are much better off than anime series. The industry is headed in that direction and it'll be pretty noticeable once it shrinks

so what is he some hipster lofi hip hop producer

I think this one's unlike anything he's done before.

Sure, in the sense that it looks way more conventional than his previous works. I don't think that counts as "pushing new ground" though.

Just fuck off and kill yourself already.

mind game was shit

But have far shorter run times, which gives them less room to develop characters, build worlds and explore themes, and necessitates having a very concise, basic structure. Seralised shows can go into far more depth on their subject matters and be far more experimental with the presentation of their stories than films. Having high production, "expressive" animation is the only thing animated films are good for, and it comes at the cost of everythng else. I'd much rather a creative, introspective director like Yuasa be working on TV where he can release his full potential.

Looks fucking amazing. Yuasa Ponyo? Is it a TV series or a second movie?

Doesn't look too exciting honestly. But I trust in Yuasa.

Childhood friend looks like Anaru.
>There aren't many good anime shows
The guys you're talking to are retarded, but this is pretty dumb too.

>I feel like I won't help but be able to draw unfavourable comparisons to Ponyo
What? But Ponyo was mediocre.

Was he drawn in paint?

>meanwhile Nakamura hasn't worked on anything since Gatchaman Crowds

Was it a mistake to headcanon them as rivals?

> hasn't worked on anything since Gatchaman Crowds
But S2 was less than two years ago, more recent than Ping Pong. Unless your point was that Crowds S2 sucked, in which case I agree.

My point is that Yuasa has two movies coming out, and I'm desperate to know what Nakamura's working on. Yuasa can be hit and miss for me, but I've liked literally everything Nakamura has done.

>less

This looks like it'll blow Ponyo out of the water

The song is awesome

reminds me of a movie called lull in the sea, hopefully it isn't as bad

>""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

>reminds me of
If you've only experienced two stories about merpeople in your life, maybe.
>a movie
It was a show.
>lull in the sea
Why aren't you using the original and standard-use title?
>hopefully it isn't as bad
It was pretty decent.

You are a faggot.

Pretty excited for a new movie. It's been a while.

fuck, I meant a movie called Song of the Sea,
youtu.be/HgbXWt8kM5Q

which i say its bad since here on Sup Forums, anything animated that's not anime = shit

Had to search what 'lull in the sea' was. So the main takeaway here is this dude thinks that crap was 'pretty decent'.

bitch, song of the sea is great!

remember the rule of Sup Forums

anything animated that's not anime = shit

regardless of personal opinion

Sounds like something you came up with yesterday

It looks okay. I hope it ends up being great.

But I don't know about putting "Genius" before your name in a promo. That seems like a sign of falling into utter mediocrity and being sustained by dickstroking fanboys.

I feel like the nips use "genius" an awful lot in their marketing, sometimes even for literal rookies. Does anyone know if the term is less extreme than for us?

Strange how someone like you would convert from Miyazaki to Yuasa so quickly, Daniel. He is the complete antithesis, and his style heavily encourages that of webgen animators, something Miyazaki despises.

i've heard he is doing a tv series that will be announced in March. consider that the next empty Noitamina' slot is next winter (spring if it's true that kabaneri will air in january)

Interview with Yuasa about the film here if anyone cares to translate.

lunouta.com/interview/