How come the vast majority of Sup Forums doesn't fucking read?

How come the vast majority of Sup Forums doesn't fucking read?

Everyone and their mother is capable of shitposting about anime but when it comes to manga discussion suddenly gets a high turn in quality

tl;dr

Go to any shounenshit general of your Choice, doublenigga

Also this fucking shit The only manga discussion you see is about shonenshit

Thanks for proving me right

That's why gookmoot needs to replace /m/ - Mecha with /m/ - Manga, and move /m/'s content to /ar/ - Anime Retro

Except that not all good mecha anime is retro?

And besides, why would you take manga away from Sup Forums? The only reason to make a different board is when the topic is becoming cancerous or takes too much of the front page (ej: /quest/ for /tg/) not the opposite

holy fuck trying to pry conversation from Sup Forums about manga before the thread dies is like a skill in itself

manga thread during 4pm-12am EST, dont even bother. best manga threads ,for what i read at least, is when the EST kids are asleep or at school

theres like 1 guy who reads desert punk and can read japanese, and hes like the only guy who ever posts about the new volumes

All /m/ ever talks about is Gundam anyway, and that hasn't been cancer since 2004. No reason for the board to exist. If people want to talk about Eureka Seven or Majestic Prince or whatever they can do it on Sup Forums

I even tried to talk about fad manga that has gotten popular recently like chio chan and still it was fucking impossible to get discussion

It isn't cancer, it just takes too much of the front page

That's why we need a separate board. There's very little interest in manga relative to anime so all the discussion gets pushed off the board too fast. The manga board would be really slow but that's okay

Or we can just have comfy as fuck threads

We can't just segregate the community and userbase for any reason as if t was some kind of panacea, look how well that works for other sites like cripplechan or leddit

"There are too many touhou threads! We should take these posters away to other board!"
"People don't discuss manga! We should take these posters away to other board!"

Look, I want to be able to talk about manga as well, unfortunately I highly doubt a new board will change things. Battle manga and/or the new trendy shit that has no staying power will still take a huge portion of the board. If anything, it'll just give those battle manga fags the chance to make multiple threads for each series.

The lesser known manga will still be scrambling to take whatever few slots that exist.

I would be in favor of this.

I havent watched an animu outside of loladultswim in years, last thing i used to download was the original db kai run however many years ago that was.

I actively read a lot of manga though, and would love a board where i dont have to deal with animuonry retards.

Trying to talk about manga on here is like pulling teeth, half the people dont know wtf youre talking about, the other half are just there to troll with animu > bullshit.

The question is why people don't fucking read manga

>highly doubt a new board will change things

a new manga only board would be slower

but i dont want a new board either way, because its easier to keep a thread going if the manga has an anime,

Because Sup Forums can't imagine Japanese voices in mango.

Because most people are retarded.

Its the same reason why people watch the movie but dont read the book, even though the book pretty much always better.

You will still be competing with the 100+ lesser known manga at the bottom half of the board. At most it'll just buy you enough time to get 10+ replies.

There's too many manga but too little fans who care so it'll be fragmented and that's the real crux of the issue, and hence why a new board won't solve it.

Adding more pages to Sup Forums would help with that problem.

Thanks to you I learned that SunaBouzu got a continuation and that really made my day. I have the localized tankoubon up to volume 13 and I would be happy to buy the new volume in nip but I suppose they don't have have furigana, or do they?
If not I guess it will be time for me to get serious on learning kanji, I really want to read this.

but for anything recent, there usually isnt a dub, so aside from the nips, im thinking most people are reading the subs, so they still have to read, what the fuck is there problem

>most people are reading the subs, so they still have to read
Have you not seen some (a lot) of the retarded shit being asked on here? They barely pay attention to what's happening and often ask stuff that's being flat out explained in shows. It's almost like they suck at reading.

Mangafags are literally the most annoying non-cancer posters on this board, they constantly shit up discussions of manga adaptations with complaints about the differences from the original, and sometimes with outright spoilers, and as pointed out, most of the mangafags on Sup Forums are shit taste plebs who actually enjoy shit like the big 3 and DB.

>hurrdurr ppl who reed are dum

This is exactly what i was talking about here

>Sup Forums only reads shonen manga
>Sup Forums only reads cape comics
Is this a poetry?

>thread on Sup Forums pops up that looks promising
>it ends up being full of shitposting in the form full of hackneyed sex jokes and recycled innuendo
>fuckers spread over other threads about anime with only a few ecchi overtones

People are less interested in getting off to black and white pictures.

Sounds like you should be on MAL instead.

I find it quite ironic that you type like a retard, yet complain that you can't find good conversation here.

What does MAL have to do with how annoying mangafags are?

How come we stopped having shelf/collection threads? Have all the manga readers fucked off to Sup Forums?

Nobody's even postan manga the bought in buyfag threads outside of doujinshit

>they constantly shit up discussions of manga adaptations with complaints about the differences from the original, and sometimes with outright spoilers
LNfags are much worse in that regard.
I don't see that much of it when it comes to manga adaptations. It's probably because many manga that get an anime adaptation aren't popular before the anime starts airing, so there isn't anybody to spoil the story. It's really mostly anime that defines the popularity of manga outside of Japan.
The only problem is when the anime gets a sequel, in which case the manga can be already popular because of the first season and manga readers that are "ahead" of anime-only fags can be annoying.

>Nobody's even postan manga the bought in buyfag threads outside of doujinshit
There isn't that much to discuss about when it comes to buying manga. Eventually you can talk about the quality of the paper/printing/translation when it comes to localized manga, but it will only interest other buyfags from the same country.

Wut. Explain how Sup Forums has successful and thriving buyfag/collection threads almost daily then when all we talk about there is literally comics?

I've posted some OOP and rare stuff cos I love seeing what others buy but even those rarely elicit response

The worst that I've seen from LNfags is responding to questions from secondaries with "read the LN" and nothing else, not understanding that some of us don't want to waste that kind of time, and that's the fucking reason we're asking.

The difference is that mangafags actively shit on the things they hate. Gakkou Gurashi was a great example. So much butthurt over a fucking dog, but seriously, discussion of that anime was nigh impossible because of mangafags (and other cancer as well) shitting up every single thread.

I read all the time, I mostly delve in science fiction and thriller novels, and sometimes I indulge in history textbooks.

Shitposting on Sup Forums is just too much fun, though.

I'm to intelligent for anime at this point.

I check the manga thread on a certain other imageboard, but that's also full of the usual shit. I get the feeling that most manga ends up being something you enjoy personally, but don't really want to talk about others with unless it devolves into a "who is the best girl" thread.

So, what have you been reading recently?

They are retarded. Not me tho. I am extremely smart.

Actually Kaiji
+
One Piece
ReLife
Boku no Hero Academia
JoJolion

And Universe in a Nutshell

I don't read anything digitally so just whatever I pick up. Got this from Breakdown Press' stall at a comic con

As the years passed I started loathing the pace of manga, especially monthly manga. Around 2010 or so I decided to drop everything I was reading that was ongoing and only pick it up when it was finished.

Sometimes Sup Forums will hype a manga enough that I will pick it (Dungeon Meshi, Takagi-san, Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko as of late) but I usually just marathon it until the latest chapter and make a mental note to read the rest of it when it's finished.

If there was a dedicated thread or, god forbid, a general about finished manga only I would be all over that thread like a hawk, though.

>fad manga that has gotten popular recently

I've even seen Golden Kamuy threads die with less than 25 posts. It's pretty sad.

Just finished Bokurano, feel like shit.
Gonna start Narutaru since they're made by the same guy.

ACCA put me on an Ono Natsume kick, so I've been making my way through her works plus Soil, Be-Bop High School, Saiki Kusuo, Adekan, Gisele Alain and Boogiepop Doesn't Laugh. I'm also caught up with a couple ongoing manga that I read week to week.

I haven't been reading Golden Kamui for awhile, should probably catch up on it again.

It hits a very nice spot with me, so it's one of the few where I'll read a chapter as soon as it comes out. With other series I tend to download new chapters and then forget about them for a day or two.

I'm a real sucker for series with many-sided struggles where each side has capable and interesting characters.

I recently read the first three volumes of Astro Boy. They were okay, nothing special. Sorry Tezuka, I just like your other works like Phoenix and Buddha and Apollo's Song more.

I'm using Astro Boy as a basis to expand into Pluto, Dr. Slump and YKK. Fucking robots.

Fucking.

Robots.

>Trying to keep track of 8 different mahjong manga at the same time
>Thinking of picking up the Saki spinoffs

There''s a bunch, but new Dowman stuff just showed up on Batoto so there's that. Other than the usual popular stuff like Golden Kamui and Dungeon Meshi, I've also been following Hyouge Mono, ACCA, Nanashi no Asterism, and Totsukuni no Shoujo.

I really wish GA and Kuro gets scanlated more, it's a bitch and a half to get the English copy of the latest volumes from here and the raws aren't available anywhere I look online.

Pluto and YKK are quite nice, you'd probably like them if you like fucking robots. I can't say much about Dr. Slump though, have only watched the anime ages ago and I can't remember by much.

>Pluto

I can never be satisfied with an Urasawa manga. Granted, I've only read Monster, Pluto and 20th/21st Century Boys.

Both Pluto and Urasawa had a fair emotional impact on me, but I couldn't help not giving a shit about them by the end. I don't know if it's just me or the way he wraps things up.

I also overall didn't like 20th Century Boys very much. It felt like a series of cliffhangers that had no payoff and convenient character amnesia for forgetting characters all the time.

I can't read

Holy shit nigga! I had no idea the raws for vol 18 had dropped. And yeah, theres only like 5 of us who hang around that are really into Sunabozu.