Winter 2017 Resolutions

Here's a mostly correct list of shows with a mastered resolution larger than 720p:

1664 x 936 - Akiba's Trip The Animation (Gonzo)
1552 x 873 - Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen (A-1 Pictures)
1552 x 873 - Demi-chan wa Kataritai (A-1 Pictures)
1440 x 810 - Gabriel DropOut (Doga Kobo)
1920 x 1080 -Hand Shakers (GoHands)
1699 x 955.5 - Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon (KyoAni)
1552 × 873 - Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 (Studio Deen)
1440 x 810 - Little Witch Academia (Trigger)
1440 x 810 - Marginal#4 Kiss Kara Tsukuru Big Bang (J.C.Staff)
1440 x 810 - Masamune-kun no Revenge (Silver Link)
1632 × 918 - Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu (J.C.Staff)
1552 × 873 - Reikenzan: Eichi e no Shikaku (Studio Deen)
1600 x 900 - Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel (J.C.Staff)
1552 x 873 - Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen (Studio Deen) -
1552 x 873 - Super Lovers 2 (Studio Deen)
1520 x 855 - Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season (ufotable)
1703 x 958 - Urara Meirochou (J.C.Staff)
1440 x 810 - Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation (TMS Entertainment)
(Source: anibin)

Reminder that if you still download only 720p you are getting objectively inferior quality with a lot of shows.

Other urls found in this thread:

ultimatemegax.wordpress.com/2015/04/24/photography-and-resolution-of-anime/
anibin.blogspot.com/search/label/2017冬
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>1920 x 1080 -Hand Shakers (GoHands)
What a gigantic waste of effort.

Thanks nig, shit is hard to read in anibin without moon rune ability.

Though downloading a bloated upscale is still a no though.

My eyesight isn't very good so I prefer to save hard drive space.

>Reminder that if you still download only 720p you are getting objectively inferior quality with a lot of shows.
how much someone loses out by watching only 720p varies dramatically on source. a really good 720p TV encode will look pretty close to the 1080p, but there's a pretty noticeable and hard-to-ignore discrepancy between CR 720p and CR 1080p

Hey me and the two other people watching it will appreciate it.

I don't get it, why make your show in some random resolutions that nothing supports, and have to be resized every time whether it be for TV or BD/DVD release, for what reason?

>there's a pretty noticeable and hard-to-ignore discrepancy between CR 720p and CR 1080p
That's because CR is given an upscaled 1080p master that they then badly downscale to 720p (though not as badly as Funi do it), so using 720p for stream rips makes even less sense.

i'm pretty sure it just has to do with how the drawings are scanned in, i don't think they arbitrarily decide on overly specific dimensions

Nobody scans with a resolution of 1440 x 810 unless you want bunch of pixels.

i don't think that's how that works

Which ones have English dubs?

Then aren't 1080p releases still upscales with the exception of Hand Shakers?

>1552 × 873 - Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 (Studio Deen)
How.
I mean, I like Konosuba, but come on. This is stupid.

Isn't anime broadcast in 720p? Why download TV rips at 1080p when your computer does a good enough job of upscaling it?

Yes, but unless it's mastered at the resolution of your TV or monitor, it's going to be upscaled regardless. So if you're watching on a 1080p display, it's better to just have "Upscale to 1080p" instead of "Downscale to 720p then upscale to 1080p when watching".

Most people watch CR or Funi shit these days though which aren't TV broadcast.

Yes. Whether it's worth the bloat is up to you to decide but the quality is still noticeably better than 720p.

It's just the standard resolution that Deen animates everything at.

That makes my kimochi go warui.

KyoAni productions are full 1080p: ultimatemegax.wordpress.com/2015/04/24/photography-and-resolution-of-anime/

So the J.C. Staff and KyoAni measurements on anibin are wrong and should all be 1080p?

I didn't see proof that JC Staff is doing full 1080p in that article, but the Chuunibyou behind the scenes footage is proof, so yes, anibin's estimates for KyoAni shows are wrong for at least as far back as Chuunibyou.

I will, say, however, that it wouldn't surprise me if Urara is 1080p. Screenshot comparisons between Urara's 1080p Meme-RawsV2 release and the GJM 720p release upscaled with MadVR's NGU look similar to comparisons between Maid Dragon's 1080p HS release and the 720p HS release upscaled with NGU.

Damn, this is some high level autism.

If this is highlevel autism to you then you haven't seen much autism newfag.

what about youjo senki?

Yeah, it's a gigantic waste of effort because you don't like the anime

It's helpful information and a much-needed message from OP re: too many people here still downloading 720 HS files even if they have 1080p monitors.

>liking tumblr filters the animation

I have 4k monitor and download 720p, what now.

source?

I watched in windowed mode or with big ass black bars (might as well called it a frame).

I've personally compared various HS releases between 720p and 1080p, and the differences are little to none.

At least for me, such small "improvement" doesn't warrant hoarding larger files though.

Plus I just download 1080p BD batches if I like particular shows.

Thanks mate I'll get 1080 release then

anibin.blogspot.com/search/label/2017冬
>youjo senki isn't reviewed

I know I can downscale the 1080p for my big ass bars/frame experience but the file size isnt too friendly to my hdd space. I'll wait for 1080p BD when its release for series I really like but I do download CR 1080p when I can really see the difference in certain heavy animation scenes.

Looks like they're listed by studio, just realized:
>局:TOKYO MX
>放送日:2017/01/06
>制作:NUT
>評価:HV1280

Do you know if this will affect the BD releases?

does this apply to non hs subs?

No because those are usually downscaled to 720p regardless and most TV sources are absolute garbage anyways.

[Meme-RawsV2] Urara Meirochou - 02 (BS-TBS 1080p Hi10P AAC) [804DD5C9].mkv looks pretty fucking great and is significantly more visually detailed than [GJM] Urara Meirochou - 02 [D9FAA8C9].mkv.

And? It should be that way. The Meme-RawsV2 release is a 1080p rip of a show mastered in 1080p whilst the GJM release is a 720p downscale.

wow I just assumed that modern shows come in 1080p

anyone know why they resolution numbers are all over the places?

> implying today this is somehow dependent on level of quality studio wants to achieve

They just use what contracted technicians set up on their toolchains using 1440x1080 HD TV broadcast as a baseline.

That list was debunked quite a wile back.

it's all fake.