Britbong Education

Why is it that Nigel calls the first floor of a building the "ground floor." The second floor is literally called the "first floor" in bongland. Did no one teach these fuckers how to count? It's not a flat, it's an apartment building. Get your shit together Britannia, no wonder your empire has fallen.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rk1ICu6PUiE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Go to bed son

talk about grasping at straws

>be Nigel
>live in bongland
>make a building with two floors
>call the second floor the first

You take one away from the first floor to get to the basement you get -1

>His math doesn't include a 0

Honestly the brit system makes more sense, but who cares

On a graph, the x axis is the ground, and the y value there is 0. Makes sense burger...

Its a storey not a floor you illiterate mutt.

>zero is a natural number

its the first floor up from the ground floor

Why dont you just take your rooty tooty pointy shooty and put it to your wrinkly pinky thinky thingy and pull the clopperty bang
wanker

Am I the only one who feels the need to apologise for American posts? Whenever an American fills out a captcha and clicks Submit (probably spilling several litres of coke, which will drip down to join the growing pile of damp, mouldy consumables that surrounds his sticky, stain-covered desk), I feel an immediate, almost irrepressible urge to apologise for the irredeemably stupid opinion the 56-percenter has undoubtedly spewed onto the internet.

Zeroth floor would make it less confusing

What about the 13th floor? Why do burgers not have 13th floors? It goes ...10, 11, 12, 14, 15...

Because jeebus

I've lived in America my entire life and the "first" floor is interchangeably used with ground. Some elevators even have a letter G for ground.

I think it would be more accurate to just call it 0.

13 is a spooky number.

A lot of our elevators have the ground floor marked as 0.

>implying it's not

This should just become a standard then.

arr i just be callin it the poop deck matey arrr

The absolute state of Sup Forums

It's the same with shoe sizes. UK/Aus start with 0, US starts with 1.
Mostly so they can label their little manlet feet with a bigger number.

This is without a doubt the most quintessentially British thing I've ever seen.

>implying we care about natural numbers here

Europoors can't afford to build a floor for the first floor and instead leave it on the ground. Pretty simple desu.

The first floor is the floor that is actually built.

The ground floor is on the ground.

The end.

Do all cars drive around on roads built on the first floor. Check mate infidel

>living in such a backward society that they cannot comprehend of the ground floor and first floor being the same thing

>88
Nice.

Everything starts from zero desu.

I like to believe bongs really talk like this.

The ground or as its called in burgerland, the first floor.

i live in canada but i gotta admit that the european floor numbering system is better. Ground floor is 0. anything above is positivve, anything below is negative, same as a y axis in mathematics.

They also call a billion "a thousand million" and a trillion a billion. It's an evil island.

what if it's ground level on one side of the building but basement level on the other side?

but in a list you start with 1, as in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.

>the ground floor isn't above the ground

>alOOminum

But on a graph, 0 is the 1st position, 1 is the second, etc. Or think of it like an array in computing, index 0 is the first element.

>majority non-white in one generation
Try again, Mohammed.

>being this retarded.
wew.

APUminium

TIL bongs don't build floors at the bottom of their buildings, they still just have dirt like 400+ years ago.

>majority non-white already

arr there be some irony in this post matey

No, I don't get that feeling. I'm not stupid so I feel no need to apologise for those who are. Carry your own load.

0 is not the first position. 0 is a reference. And that is all that it is.

Were not, though.

does no one live in a city or work in an office building? it's lobby then first floor, second, etc.

>inb4 brit posts 9/11 joke

Why are we pretending americans don't use both?

>Did no one teach these fuckers how to count? It's not a flat, it's an apartment building.

This was good bait, but I'm sure you really know that "flat" derives from the Old English for a dwelling and as such makes perfect sense.

You're being purposefully obtuse.

T. Larping amerimutt with redditflag

If you were to say that Floor 1 is the "first floor ABOVE ground", I'd concede, but that's not the terminology people are using ITT.

There are so many things wrong with Britain it's amazing they had an empire to begin with

It's still an American flag, I'm not pretending to be anything else.

Someone being obtuse, on the internet in a thread arguing about what the legitimate way to name a floor of a building is. I don't bloody believe it.

ground floor leads to the first floor up from the ground

yes you arrrrr matey

You're being sarcastic.

Depends entirely on the owners preference but buildings with a lobby typically call the lobby the ground floor.

The only time I've seen a building labelled like that is when it's built into a hill and the Lobby entrance is on the lower side.

>0 is the 1st position
>1st position
>1st
>1st floor
Get it now?

I am not. We are talking about references not counting. There is a difference between saying this building has 24 floors and I am on the 19th floor. When you ask someone where is X room, they give you a location with respect to a specific reference frame. This is usually the ground floor. If I tell you that X is 1 floor above ground, would you find it better to say its on the second floor or first floor? It is also easier to reference lower levels, since anything below the ground floor can be negative. Such as S1 or -1. In the american system, you would jump from 1 to -1 skipping 0, while in the european system you wouldn't

Why are Americans so thick, I haven't seen anything intelligent posted by a yank in ages

Stereotypical-looking black guys being called white... I mean, that is genuinely so absurd I refuse to believe those are legit screenshots.

0 is the actual physical ground. The first floor of the building is above the actual physical ground

Probably a regional thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=rk1ICu6PUiE

Yes, that is what I was saying.

>We are talking about references not counting.
Using words like "First", "Second", etc., imherently implies counting. Try again.

2nd part was referring to

>mfw Americans call the top floor of their skyscrapers 'Ground Zero'

Depending on the building I see the UK version here. For example the garage floor is at street level so on the elevator it's just called G when in reality it is the first floor

depends on the main entrance

you might well have a chalet built into a mountain and be able to exit the back dor on the second floor or something even... but if that is the back door and not the main entrance then it will still be the second floor relative to the ground floor/main entrance

obviously if it were reversed and the main entrance was the mountain facing side then the building would have multiple basement levels

I usually break Nigel when I ask him how many floors a 1 story building has. They then have to admit that the ground floor is the first floor

>1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc... strictly implies counting
Um no sweetie, you're the one who needs to try again.

>wtf why is there no zeroth or ground amendment of the constitution

Hacktually where the twin towers got allahu akbar'ed it's first floor zero. Get with the fucking program.

they're "latinos" unless they're full on darkie they can basically chose to be black or white... obvs no one with a free choice on the matter choses black

(unless they're about to apply for a US med school - never trust a black doctor "educated" in the US)

I never see that, it's usually marked with a G.

>>wtf why is there no zeroth or ground amendment of the constitution
This kills the monarchist.

> obvs no one with a free choice on the matter chooses black

Ain't that some shit

>zeroth of her name
Is there another Queen Elizabeth that we don't know about?

Did you miss the 4th floor?

>Coming in 0th place in a race
>0th born soon
>0th day of the month

>Using words like "First", "Second", etc., imherently implies counting. Try again.
Nope, it doesn't not imply counting. The whole point of having a floor numbering system is to be able to reference them. Similar to having questions on an exam numbered from 1 to 10. The teacher is not counting the questions when he wrote the exam to make sure he had enough of them, he was labeling them, so they can be referenced. Same for sub questions with labels a-z. You don't count with letters now, do you?

>Be Nigel
>Live in Bongland
>Ask for "One apple"
>Lady running the stand puts one in your shopping bag
>Shout at her "Oi, you Polack cunt you, bein' cheeky are we?"
>"I asked for ONE, not ZERO, you mindless cretin."

None of these limey cunts can respond to this lol, fucking cucks.

wow. that's really interesting desu. i've seen ground then terrace.

I fucking love Sup Forums

Checked.

Do you hear that? That's the sound of all bongs being btfo

I got bad news for you

So if something has a basement, thats the ground floor?

>al lew minium