Asuka is such a sweetheart she changes the steak place to a noddle shop so the evil R*i can come and Misato don't have...

>Asuka is such a sweetheart she changes the steak place to a noddle shop so the evil R*i can come and Misato don't have to spend too much money
>still everyone hates Asuka
daan

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jfM3WjyCt8s
youtube.com/watch?v=TvO1W8-Mrhg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ikr
Both Asuka and Shinji are actually pretty good kids who care about others deep inside (Shinji jumping into volcano, rushing to Rei's plug coming back to fight Zeruel, Asuka visiting him in hospital, this scene) despite their serious inner problems

Fuck Asuka

People mostly remember the Ramiel fight and the last few episodes, but the "breather" episodes of Eva actually make the characters come out as actual people instead of just sad sacks of mental issues.

You mean Asuka has no choice but to go along with Rei and Misato because otherwise she would be all alone.

>"breather" episodes
I'm not familiar with that term. What's a "breather" episode?

Reminder that the Rebuilds are better than the original.

Maybe not the right term, just episodes where the characters fuck around and have fun. In Eva's case the post-Asuka arrival episodes where the monster of the week fights aren't that heavy or desperate and they get to interact more.

Rei is best

kys rei scum

not true btw

Prove it

you have shit taste and should kill yourself
proven

I always liked those, Shinji finally becomes more assertive and talkative, before it all comes tumbling down.

why do you people still discuss this show every day? I mean at first I thought it was just a meme, but it can't be a meme. memes eventually die. Eva threads continue day after day, month after month, year after fucking year. Why can't you just let it go like every other anime?

because it is not generic anime of the season that have 10 threads while airing to never be remembered again

>I have no arguments so I'll shit post instead lmao Xdddd

>Why can't you just let it go like every other anime?
You mean, like Cowboy Bebop or Madoka?

Because it was made by someone who knows psychoanalysis to engrain itself in your brain. Eva fans are like the manchurian candidate.

don't get me wrong. I still watch Eva every couple years because it was a good show from my childhood, but there's all kinds of threads every single day.
you guys can't possibly have anything new to bring to the discussion. this isn't healthy. I think you people need help.

bitch every board has these kind of threads
Sup Forums has indiana jones, star wars etc threads
Sup Forums has sponge bob and watchmen threads

I mean I liked both of those. and yes they still get threads from time to time. the difference is that nge threads are here every single day.

I mean I've watched it, but I don't feel compelled to watch it every day. Even if it was because of some psychological brain control, you people would still have to have problems for it to be this strong.

A better question is why there are still Bleach threads every day. From what I've seen of the threads, nobody even liked the manga, yet the faggy ass fanbase can't fucking let go and still discuss shipperfaggotry and other garbage.

At least Evangelion had some impact on the industry.

It's one the most popular and most entry-level anime.
Every day someone will watch it for the first time and a start a dumb thread because he didn't get something and it will eventually dwelve into an argument between "haters" and defenders of the show.

Then there are the occasional Rebuild hate thread, the Red vs Blue thread, the 'Anno is a hack' thread etc.

Some of them are more or less memes but they never fail to attract posters because everyone has watched Evangelion and everyone has his own opinion on the subject that he wants to share, thinking that he is the only enlightened one that really understand Evangelion, so people keep making them because they want to get (you)s and they want anonymous persons on the internet to acknowledge their opinion as the superior one.

Asuka did nothing wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=jfM3WjyCt8s

She did, she got someone into breathplay and almost got killed because of it.

Asuka confirmed flawless angel

This image always makes me want to rape Rei so hard, and Misato after.

I'm so used to the shitty movies, that I have pretty much forgotten about the stuff that happened in the original series

rei shouldn't you be busy dying for everyone's sins or something

>I mean at first I thought it was just a meme
You thought it was a meme for the last 13 years?

It's a great show in its own right and has the most bitter fucking waifu war going to keep it going even further.

rei is the devil

kittengirl asuka or

kittengirl rei

Don't tug on my feelings user

Rei and Shinji are good kids.

Asuka is a dumb cunt.

OP is a lie.

Sassy Asuka, of course.

I don't remember this scene. When did this happen?

rei is the devil himself

episode 12 when the orange eye angel fell from the sky
Misato promised them a steak if they didn't die, but R*i doesn't eat meat so the sweetheart asuka changes de place to a noodle shop
but no one likes Asuka, poor Asuka

literally the best show ever

Real-talk:

Rei was so much better than the rest as a character that Anno has spent the past 15 or so years trying to subvert Rei. They've even given Asuka her own lance, bandages and eyepatch plus angel powers, and now they're selling figures of it too.

Reminder that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

>rebuilds

LOL, no wonder R*i scum would like those garbage ass movies

It's okay, they might let Rei win Shinji this time because asuka got him all to herself in the original.

The Rebuilds-series is Anno's own wank-project mate. Ain't got nothing to do with no Reifag, as Anno's own jerk-off pet is Asuka.

Basically what it means is that Anno was so butthurt about Rei being the best that he rewrote the entire EVA universe, implicitly admitting that Rei is best girl and Asuka is the worst. Asuka fans are just envious of Rei.

Rei won in the original.

Best girl Rei just gets the job done.

>Rei won in the original
Kill yourself or live in lies, reiscum
Your waifu is shit
She only manages to stop being Gendo's fucktoy when she's told by homo twink that she isn't even herself but some cosmic horror wandering the Earth, and even after that she runs to her precious Shinji
She is no human after all

You're just mad Rei won in the original. Even if your BS there was true, it'd still make her better than your shitty cumrag waifu. Unlike what you said, Asuka was actually a canonical lifeless masturbation-aid in EoE. Maybe it's supposed to represent how Asuka fans only want to fuck a cartoon girl?

Misato's looking fine.

Lol, Rei is literal shit and she doesn't win anything, she just ceases to exist, like in every other Eva medium. Her only development ark is asking stupid questions since she doesn't even understand who she is, and when she kinda does (with the help of another) she makes a decision of her own. How fucking convenient! She finally reached a bit of independence! She did what a child does when it's like 5! Oh, but wait, she isn't even the same Rei! The old Rei would just go suck Gendo's dick if she didn't blow herself up because she's expendable! A literal doll who can be easily replaced by the exact copy! Face it, your waifs is shit and Anno confirms it himself, you just can't handle real people and want a fuck doll who will whisper to you how she doesn't like to eat your meat. I'm not even an Asukafag, but Rei a shit

Filler.

Asuka is ok, but all I really want is a girl who's a Rei in the streets and a Misato in the sheets.

>Lol, Rei is literal shit and she doesn't win anything, she just ceases to exist, like in every other Eva medium.
Sad Asukafan delusions.

Rei is there in NGE. Rei is there in EoE. Too bad!

>Her only development ark is asking stupid questions since she doesn't even understand who she is, and when she kinda does (with the help of another) she makes a decision of her own.

That's not her only development arc, but it's one of them. Then it's not a stupid question at all, it's an intelligent question which Rei managed to answer by her own. It's the most important question asked by not just Rei, but by everyone at some point. The difference is that unlike e.g Asuka, Rei managed to take it seriously and answer it.

That's why Rei ends up as a God, while Asuka ends up as a catatonic wreck who people just sexually abuse whenever they want. It's why Rei still goes strong all the way, while Asuka just lies there being a burden.

>How fucking convenient! She finally reached a bit of independence! She did what a child does when it's like 5!

She reached full independence and was always more independent than for instance, Asuka. Rei lived by her own, thought by her own, and acted by her own. Asuka lived with her parents, was cared for and used by NERV as a puppet which they discarded in episode 24.

>Oh, but wait, she isn't even the same Rei! The old Rei would just go suck Gendo's dick if she didn't blow herself up because she's expendable! A literal doll who can be easily replaced by the exact copy! Face it, your waifs is shit and Anno confirms it himself, you just can't handle real people and want a fuck doll who will whisper to you how she doesn't like to eat your meat. I'm not even an Asukafag, but Rei a shit

wut, nothing of that was even true. It's Rei as usual, and she did the smart thing in that episode, saving your crappy waifu's ass even. Be grateful, without Rei your waifu would be dead far earlier.

>I want a boring ass girl
rei would be terrible to hang around
asuka would be fun as fuck

>mommy issues + daddy issues would be fun

Trust me it ain't

>asuka would be fun as fuck

She's boring as fuck in the show, why would she be anything else? Asuka is dumb, annoying and an extreme pleb to boot. She doesn't know shit, doesn't want to know shit, she just want her ego stroked.

Rei is fucking awesome, could speak with all day plus Rei would actually benefit from it. Doesn't need her ego stroked either, plus Rei gets shit done.

>not wanting to go on a date with asuka
>not spitting on people's head with asuka in a bridge

lmao have fun with rei

>lmao have fun with rei

oh, I will...

Prove the rebuilds are better first

>out of character fanart
can rei trash go even lower? I don't think so

They have better pacing and all the useless shit was cut out.

>character development is useless shit

kys millenial

I wish.

I bet I'm older than you faggot, how old are you.

I'm 80, my lil' m80

Yeah well I'm 81 faggot

>out of character fanart
Rei crushes gendo's glasses in NGE
She looks hot
Is naked a lot
has bandages

Hot rei

what is daan?

better question, why couldn't they afford Hey Jude for EoE? are Gainax just stingy fucks?

hey jude is trash compared to komm

it takes 13 hours to watch through all of the series, and it's an enjoyable 13 hours

it takes 6 hours to watch through all of the rebuilds, and it's not enjoyable most of the time

It seems like an obvious choice which is better

>that awful fan art body
>hot
"""OK"""

>Asukafags

What is Rei's appeal, it has been a while since I watches evangelion, but I remember her just being deadpan 99% of the time and just doing what Gendo said.
I kinda get why people would like Asuka since feisty redhead being a tease and all, but I have no idea what Rei has going for her.
I am not an asukafag or anything I personally don't care for both of them, but I can see why people would latch onto Asuka, but I don't see why would latch onto rei.

Rei's a cute quiet girl, I'm a Misato guy myself though.

I wouldn't let Asuka near a bridge. Wouldn't want to lose someone like that.

I can also see why someone would like Misato, but Rei just seemed dead inside to me like she was just a robot almost.
Maybe I am just not seeing something other did see, but I don't get it.

Rei is thoughtful, smart and has guts. She's mysterious and she has some smart insights to share. She's self-sacrificing and helpful, people like that are generally well liked, also in the real world. It's why Rei is #1.

Asuka being "feisty" is only true if you ignore half the character. People who think she's feisty miss the point of the character, she's only arrogant and self-absorbed, by the time we cross half way into the story she's going downhill and by the end can't resist anything at all.

>like she was just a robot almost.
this is why these retards want a rei
they want a lifeless doll not an actual person, asuka would be fun as fuck, and she also likes videogames and most likely like black humor

Asukafag projecting. Reminder that the only lifeless doll in NGE is Asuka herself.

Rei has eternal life and the vitality of Goddess - literally the canon.

>literally a doll who got killed 2 times
>not a doll!!!

oh boy would be so much fun to go on a date with rei to her just sit there standing still and talking about nothing

She would, but that kind of person is impossible to find. It's the same as saying how cool it would be to build Zeon with Char, or be a cowboy.

youtube.com/watch?v=TvO1W8-Mrhg

well one is basically a cover of the other sooooo

Rei is so awesome she can come back from death. Asuka is a crappy doll that gets replaced when it's broken, just like she got replaced by Kaworu when she broke.

When Rei breaks, she literally rises from the dead and blows everyone the fuck out in EoE.

>Asuka is the one who is pictured as a doll in flashbacks
>Asuka getting mindprobed by Arael reveals she's selfconscious about being a doll
>Asuka was literally likened to a doll by NERV in her flashbacks
>even Asuka's own mother can't tell the difference between Asuka and a doll

Asuka is the doll.

>Rei is never called a doll by anyone but Asuka
>Rei was attempted used as a doll, but it failed spectacularly despite all the brainwashing
>Rei searches her own feelings constantly and tries to understand everything rather than rejecting it
>Rei turns the tables on the Angel mind probing her, saves the world, comes back and then becomes god for good measure

Asukafans are literally incapable of understanding the irony of Evangelion. Asuka was always shit, user.

Hmm, I guess Anno was right, Rei is just an unrelatable and boring girl who's trying to probe herself all the time. I have zero emotional attachment to her. Asuka on the other hand is a living conflict of emotions, she's so interesting and full of life, yet vulnerable it's amazing. All she needs is some support from others but she's constantly given up by people. I relate to her and I am emotionally attached by her. Even though she suffers throughout the series, she doesn't try to downcast someone with her, she still tries to be friends with Rei, cares for Shinji (she truly does, she doesn't even try to gain his attention, she hides from him). I love Asuka. Truly best girl. Now I understand why the Master himself waifus her yet calls Rei a shit

It's just shipping and waifu wars, oddly for characters with no romantic charm. Really gives credence to Eva being the most otaku show ever, as people can fill the gaps themselves.

Well, this post is definitely going to gain attention, although probably not the kind you want.

Asuka is just for waifufags and little else. Rei is a more vibrant, life-like and living person than Asuka. Whenever Rei reflects on something, changes herself or acts on her own, she is much like a real person. We get to see Rei think, feel and confront life's harsh facts.

Asuka on the other hand never does anything but remain a static bore. She never changs or acts like a person does. It's like she's just a program with "anta baka" on repeat. In all aspects more of a static case study than an actual character.

Rei has a journey that she makes and eventually concludes, and that makes Rei the most interesting character - easily explaining why she was more than twice as popular as Asuka.

>no romantic charm
literally what
eva is built purely on themes of love

>Rei is a more vibrant, life-like and living

>asuka.exe
while (sanity > 0) {
cout

>eva is built purely on themes of love
If that's what you got, you watched it wrong.

Rei changes over time, Asuka just stays Asuka.

To live is to change. I guess that's why Asuka dies and Rei lives eternally.

always.

stop saying bullshit fag

>can't deal with the truth
>throws insults and bitches about it

Wow, just like Asuka. Can't wait till you try suicide user.

what you wrote is literally white noise, literally no meaning, stop coming up with bullshit dirty rei scum