Storytime: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Road to Darkside of Dimensions

Since there's a new YGO movie releasing next month here in the west, I thought it would be cool to dump the original manga which the movie is based off of. For those of you who only ever watched the anime, I highly recommend reading the manga as it's much darker and better written than the anime was imo. There's also none of the fillers you have to deal with. Since the movie is releasing on Jan 27, 2017, I will dump one volume a day leading up to its release.

Today we start volume 32 which begins the seventh and final YGO arc: Memory World!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h_54ORBj_Z8
youtube.com/watch?v=KI25lQ-lKiA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's time to take a break from the card games!

Chapter 279

>It's time to take a break from the card games!

Yugi still bullshits victories out of nowhere, though, right?

Also, what was the deal with those old video game characters like Darknite and Slysheen? They aren't canon in Egypt, right?

>Yugi's grandfather used to have the same hair as him
>Yugi's grandfather used to be Indiana Jones

Why don't we have a series about him yet?

>They aren't canon in Egypt, right?

No they don't appear in the manga

Chapter 280

Yugi's grandfather didn't give a shit about that guy dying at all, huh?

Also, "It's your fault my little brother died even though I was the one who didn't let him leave in the first place!"

This asshole.

Chapter 281

I'm guessing we never find out who this was. I think they replace this person with Weevil and Rex in the anime, right?

I was wondering when they were going to find out about the Eye.

Yami Bakura is totally a trustworthy fellow. I'm sure he is not going to backstab Yugi or something.

Yugi's not even going to ask why Bakura's hanging around in a dark alleyway at night wearing a huge leather jacket?

Knowing these two, it's probably a video of girls in bikinis playing card games.

> 2 chapters withouth any card games

i don't know if i can handle it.

Chapter 282

what

To be fair to Shadi, GX's anime had some other unbeatable 3000-year-old pharaoh wandering around. Never hurts to be sure you've got the right guy.

I wonder how Atem feels about Yugi have his teenager needs.

I still don't get what the fuck was the deal with this guy. Especially when he transforms into an egyptian super sentai who ends up being actually Shadi. Like what?

Shadi is a SMT protagonist and Bobasa was his Persona.

It would make sense if Bobasa only appeared in the millenium world/Dark RPG but in the real world as well? Sounds like Takahashi forgot that Egyptian super sentai was Bobasa to being with.

And so My freaking favorite arc begins!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=h_54ORBj_Z8

Chapter 283

> full filler arc before the BC finals
> full filler arc before this

The Anime would have felt like such a cocktease for those who were watching it after reading the manga. At least the fillers are much better than Naruto's.

Isis' hips were reincarnated well.

There were two filler arcs after Battle City. DOMA and the KCGP. Granted, the latter was shorter than the former, but still.

Knowing what happens later, doesn't that means Atem got litterally just somehow teleported with a new body in a secret room of the museum by bakura? This sounds so stupid.

Oh hey, it's Paradox.

>Is that what the Millennium Items are for?

So you've just been doing Penalty Games on people for the fun of it?

Overlap is the best Yugioh OP
youtube.com/watch?v=KI25lQ-lKiA

I like that Ma'at is an actual card in the TCG and even gets used in the GX manga. I'll post a picture of it near the end of the story time so we don't go over the picture limit.

>grandpa stole that video!
kek

Chapter 284

I guess smugness is a dominant trait in Kaiba's bloodline.

>even Ancient Egyptian Kaiba likes murder games

>"Drag."

Chapter 285

>"Stupid fatass!"