Why did clannad end up so much more popular than air or kanon?

why did clannad end up so much more popular than air or kanon?

Clannad took what the others did and expanded on them. More characters, more routes, same type of story.

I've only seen clannad and air. Air was fucking shit, the story was nonsensical.

Clannad managed to make a coherent story with likable characters that you actually cared for.

Air is what you call DEEP, it is flooded with imagery and representations. You have to pay attention to it to make sense of it all.

As for Kanon, you should give it a try (both of them).

No thanks. Clannad made me depressed for a long time. Not gonna watch another one of those show.

Its okay, Kanon has a better ending. You will still cry bitch tears though.

>
>
>Clannad took what the others did and expanded on them. More characters, more routes, same type of story.

I laugh cried and enjoyed all three of them. But like user said, Clannad just learned from the mistakes of the previous two.

Air's story is not nonsensical it makes a lot of fucking sense. It's just not as simple as "The town is sick, so the girl is also sick".

Because best girl won on Clannad.

Kanon was big when it came out, Clannad might just be the biggest because it was the last big one to come out, Little Busters came out to a much smaller fanfare.

I got to get around to Little Busters

Kanon was quite popular though, at least in Japan.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

KYS TOMOYO IS BEST GIRL

>Kanon 2002

I was pretty into the genre back in the day but couldn't watch clannad past 4 or so episodes for some reason and haveve asked myself the same ever since. all I can remember is a retard with a wood starfish

Kanon had the MC dicking a foxgirl when her human mind had completely gone and she had the intelligence of an animal. Does that count as furry?

also ghost buster best girl

I feel like Kanon had more subdued characters, in comparison to Clannad, but I was more satisfied with the eventual winner. Also, Clannad dug too deep into trauma drama, and made me lose my appetite for it. Ironically, I just finished watching the magical fox Alzheimer's arc just yesterday.

Seriously, though, Nagisa is so bland, it's unbearable, and watching Okazaki just ignore the feelings of every other girl that he had been trying so hard to help before...
It just left a bad taste in my mouth.

>crying for the ending and not this scene

Because the ending was actually happy/

Because it looked better. I'm being completely serious.

Why do you have PTSD

Nice eyes.