How the FUCK did your family survive WWII?

Other urls found in this thread:

pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Szynwałd_(województwo_małopolskie)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they kinda just sat around I guess

They were watching the show from Portugal

the women fled from West to East and back to the West again and the men did their duty and most of them died doing so

Fought in Philippines

One was Jewish and the other one was Caucasian. They were safety behind the frontlines but if they were Slavic the Nazis would have certainly killed them. A lot of good men were lost to the nazi menace.

left that shithole after 1849 when the may uprising was suppressed by kikes and Richard Wagner was exhiled.

FUCK kikes

Grandpappy served in North Africa, Sicily, and France. Then there was a cousin who was somewhere in the Pacific. No one else was near the war.

A full quarter of Belarus died during WWII.
What the fuck.

the local priest was an anti semite and the entire village contributed in the jew hunt so we were chill with the germans. granma always mentioned how he prefered them over the soviets.

What's the village called?

Look up “the pale of settlement”.

>granma always mentioned how he

Opa was in hitler youth. Oma's family was physically removed from prussia

Suffering from food scarcity and State rationing. No active conflict in this country,

because no holahoax took place there. The death camps were faked and one even was an amusement park.

Grandpa was too young to fight, all his brothers fought and died though

Had oceans on two sides protecting them from the other major powers. Did have a great grandfather that was part of the D-Day invasion force. He saw his best friend killed in front of him and was never the same after.

pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Szynwałd_(województwo_małopolskie)

come on, its 5 AM here.

with stale biscuits, smokes, naval guns and an M1A1 carbine. I love my fucking family.

hopped on a boat to Australia

Get some sleep Kazimierz.

fought at dunkirk and escaped on a stolen fishing boat, went to africa in 1941-1942, then to burma and fought with the chindits and gurkhas raiding japanese outposts and frontal positions from 1942-1946

My mom's side was in Amerikkka
My dad's side they were allied with the nazis and the allies didn't really give a shit about the balkans so they mostly stayed out of there. I'm pretty sure Bulgaria didn't send very many troops to Russia either.

I will sleep out in the bus to work.

My grandfathers father was hidden on some farm so he didn't have to work for the Germans and my grandfather was too young to be taken by them.

i actually dont know

my family got blitzkrieged in hammerfest in norway, the whole town was burnt to the ground

my grandmother was a small child and got yelled at by a german for riding her trike in the streets

my grandfather was a carpenter and helped rebuild

thats all i know

Both of my grandparents served in Europe. My grandmother was a WAC and my grandfather was a combat engineer. Neither close enough to the front to be in any real danger.

My grandma worked at a port convenience store at the Navy, she'd send half her money back home to support her mother and sisters and nieces/nephews and she was the youngest of them.
She actually was there during the Battle of Los Angeles. She remembered the lights going out and the sirens as well as batteries going off.

Family left soon after the outset of the war
Saved by being on the german side of the river
Had to watch family and friends raped and killed just dozens of meters away, left that night

Chilling on boats and killing Nips.

Grandpa in Hitleryouth, Great grandpa Never came back from Stalingrad

had an uncle who was one of the first units into bergen belsen too, he was one of the bull dozer crews shoving all the dead into pits, they say he never slept properly again

Migrating to Mexico

similar, but my g-ma was a survivor of siberian relocation. she was just a girl, but her lineage was noble. probably set to breeding slave, like modern Israel.

Tried to not get drafted by the Japanese

Great Uncle served in Wehrmacht on Eastern Front. Got captured, died in Gulag. Also in Hitler Youth. Had another Great Uncle survive the Bulge on the US side. My family left Germany in the 1930s for America. Visited Germany before outbreak of WW2. Saluted Hitler and came back to US.

grandpa fled Mussolini's fascist Italy for Canada with next to nothing. His father was a part of Mussolini's secret guard.

Grandfather dodged bombs as a child in germany

Grandmother watched the show from switzerland

Grandpa was a USN Pacific vet, drafted right at the tail end when MacArthur thought it'd be Operation Olympic. Didn't happen and Grandpa spent his turn very carefully dismantling what was left of Tojo's war machine.

took a few flights to Dresden.

The German side didn’t. The father and all three sons died in the war, ending a military tradition that went back well before the founding of the Second Reich. I am descended from a sister who moved to the Netherlands before the war and got POLDERed.

The Canadian side fought in the war. They survived by not losing.

Those pants make their thighs look big to attract other homos. (No homo)

Much of it didn't, grandfather from my mothers side lost 6 bothers to the soviets. From fathers side, grandfather fought for the soviets (not sure if voluntarily).

Can't tell you because my grandparents were dead before I was even born.

Minding their own business while everyone else was killing each other.

>Tfw my grandfather might have burnt down Hammerfest
He was stationed in Narvik for some time before being sent to fight at Kursk. Was a SS tank dude.
Sory,user.

grandpappy fought the germans in yugoslavia and lived. his brother was a policeman during the fascist rule, so the commies executed him when the war was over. my grandpa fought for them 1000 km away from bulgaria and then they executed his brother

its all good. no homo

Pretty sure OP was talking about those countries highlighted, but, too late.

Grandfather was a gaurd of some sort stationed at an airfield in England from 1941-1945. Never saw a German, never fired his rifle. He never really went into detail beyond that before he died, and I was only 5 or so when he did anyway.

Grandmother was in a middle of nowhere village in Mexico, daughter of Italian and French parents who had fled there during WW1.

Otherside of my family are unknown to me, so..

Japs killed the most males off.
Old family got bombed in Bavaria by "Allies".
Nothing left Wars took the family.

no homo taken. carry on.

DO IT AGAIN BOMBER HARRIS

Everyone loses in war.

I don’t have a single war vet in my family because I come from a lineage of betas, neets, and alcoholics.

>Image
>[CLASSIFIED - CLEARANCE: ZUCC ONLY] 1971.11.14. Subject #3. Partial spirit-shard of ZUCC THE DEVOURER, "Mark Zuckerberg" attempts to mimic human emotion. Aberrant colouring still present, requires more spinal fluid to fully mimic human target appearance. Live subjects (child, 0-4) needed to speed up inter-dimensional anchoring process within host artifice. Has communicated that it, like previous attempts at reincarnations before successful attempt, requires human worship for inter-dimensional portal to allow for full reincarnation. For now, keep in study. Inform CIA once subject is passably human.

Albo here. Half my family were established aristocracy. They pretty much got wiped out. 1 member of my family supported the Nazis. Another one the King, and the rest wanted to establish a Republic. All of them died. The women were basically spared. On the other side it was a split between rebels and partizans working together. A lot of them died, but most made it in contrast. Now I'm a broke boi in America.

Dad enlisted in usmc 12/8/41, sent to the South Pacific. Was at Truck, caught malaria in the Solomon Islands and recovered, was at Guadalcanal and Pelelieu (sp). He enjoyed the war and especially Pelelieu.
Mother in school, grandparents did the victory gardens and rationing.
Everyone did just fine.

thank you japen. jk lol
t. chink

my grandfather killed Japs

Norwegian grandparents moved to Northern California in 1925

>Westerners asking Eastern Euros about their WW2 peril
>only Westerners answer

Thats the difference between the pussy Westerner and Alpha Slav.

Hey there old timer. Tell me about the good ole days.

Albanian reds were extremely brutal. My grandpa was not a Ballist outright but a supporter and he pretty much said the same as you're saying. Nationalists, royalists, republicans, and so forth, didn't matter - execution, exile, or silence. Ah, oh well.

Dad's mom: Dunno, Russian Jew immigrants she was 2nd generation so born in US
Dad's Dad: Army air corps, poor upbringing but went to yale on scholarship.
Mom's mom: Grew up in Germany. Did something for civilian Nazi radio. When she was getting told to fib the casualty accounts she knew the writing was on the wall and GTFO west to avoid soviet rape machine. Meets mom's dad in Paris.
Mom's dad: Poor fuck with whore of a mother he hated, boot-straps went and got to princeton on scholarship suffered the stuck up WASPs and was miserable. Army air corps also.

He got this PPK from a German at some point when he was helping run/control some surrendered neighborhood or town/village or whatever. They only found it after he was in hospice at death's door, I inherited it. Green goop is just frog CLP. Pitting was from being in his desk for decades since mother and her sister and grandfather's wife/their mom (she was kinda declining mentally at that point) only learned of it when dealing with his finances and estate stuff.

Tried to find out details about it. From what I remember the serial suggested 1934-1936 make, the RZM logo suggests being acquired by nazi quartermastery but details didn't quite match up perfectly to one of the sources detailing what to look for. It might be fake or it might be legit, I think it's the latter but I am happy with it and will keep it till the day I die to pass onto kid or if no kid to a museum.

My east german grandma survived the war. Told me about having to eat dog once, and riding on trains while people pissed and threw shit at them, they were just farmers. She married an American soldier, made her way to America, shortly after he died in Vietnam.

Dont know my real dad, moms an alcoholic.

That's a FeelsBadMan. I hope your Great Grandfather didn't freeze in a Gulag.

I'd be willing to bet plenty on the aristocracy side of my family were probably Ballist's too. I don't know for sure. I might have to have a sit down with my parents, they are getting old, don't want to lose all the info. Grandparents are dead unfortunately. One of my great grandfathers was Fejzi Alizot, the prime minister. I think he hung. Rip in peace..

have you read dva proti říši? talking about alpha slavs, god damn nigga

Grandpa survived Stalingrad, got a medal, saw a bunch of cannibalism

killed communist bastards and pretended to not notice the Soros rounding up jews

Becasue Norway didn't give a fuck about happenings.

Great Grandparents fled Italy and were interred on the East Coast.

Moved to oz in the 1800s and early 1900s to join based white Australia.

we are part German part Jewish, they fled to America
my other parents side, they were Irish and English, my grandfather fought in the war

Not right, Germany was way bigger before the war, grandparents lived in the marked zones

One of my grandfathers was a marine during Leningrad blockade, it was in fact pretty quiet on terms on action, and he was fed better then average civilians who died by hundred of thousands. Had returned on his ship at 1943, and it was pretty safe from this on.

Another was 16 when it started, and spent 2 years under occupation. Was conscripted in 1943 at 19, after crauts were started to BTFO and he almost did it to the very end, until caught the shrapnel at March, 45 in Curland. Almost kicked the bucket, had a huge scar on a belly and bellybottom so my mum had a good chance to never be born.

One of grand mums were forced to slavelabor on german farm, said it wasn`t that bed compared to kolhoz and famine in 1933.

Know nothing about another.

They all combined lost 4 siblings.

>only Westerners answer

it really makes you think

Both were decorated and citations (now, after their death published) describes them as casual Rambos. I believe it was ok to slightly exaggerate such stuff in Red army.

My Carpathian German grandfather was drafted into the Waffen SS to fight in the partisan war in Slovakia. When the war was over he was still 16. He once talked about directing mortar fire from a roof. In the last days of WWII partisans captured him, and because he was so young they decided to shoot him only the next day and locked him in a barn. Locksmith apprentice that he was he pulled a nail from the wall and made a picklock with which he opened handcuffs and door, and he escaped during the night.

He reconnected with the German columns streaming west into Austria for a last stand. Only there was no Alpine fortress, only chaos, the sides of the roads littered with dead vehicles and people.

He met my BDM grandma (who had lost her brother serving on an uboat) on a Styrian farm which made him burn his uniform and hid him in the stables. Someone had the idea to release a British pow, give him a gun and place him in the middle of the road. It worked, the advancing Russians thought they had met the British vanguard, and stopped, even though they were still far away.

He then sneaked back into the Soviet zone, crossing a river under MG fire, to get a friend out of a Czech concentration/pow camp. He spoke Czech and somehow got the commander to release his buddy - who later emigrated to Australia.

His native homeland being destroyed and all his family expelled (they fled to the later GDR), he returned to Styria. He got jobs, got my grandmother pregnant, finally married her, built a house; read a lot and liked wine; had affairs. He often got into his Volkswagen and was gone for weeks.

The marriage wasn't a happy one. My grandmother claimed that there had been barely any young men left. Grandfather remained a nazi all his life; was pretty strict to his children. Sadly, he doesn't live anymore. Reportedly, the only time someone saw him cry was when the FPÖ lost an election. If only he knew.

Lol same, more specifically azores

Well written, I enjoyed the read. I've got some neat ones I was told if you want to take a gander.

Thanks man, i think it was better my senpai didnt know what happened to him. Only traces left of him are old Wehrmacht troop pictures.

>Mom's Side
Great Grandfather on my mom's side served as a fire fighter in WW2, and then the other great grandfather was in the SS and married a polish girl he hid in the kitchen staff of Dachua. He never spoke a lot about it but he was part of the 1st Mountian Division so he killed people out East.
>Dad's Side
Great Grandfather had to stay and control the family farm. Had all his brothers die in Stalingrad, and on the family tomb it states that they were never recovered.
>MFW my mother's side I had a man who saved a polish jewish girl but also was executing people left and right in Eastern Europe.

Grandpa was turkish partizan commie, left his religion for commie ideals and was the first one to take off grandma hijab to show village that communism was the way to go and leave religion behind. Was part in pretty disgusting gorila warfare in his area, pretty much how partisans had to operate to even have a chance. Got captured managed to escape cos he knew his way around the forest and mountains in his area.

I still hate fucking commies tho, but Yugoslavia was kinda chill in my opinion.

Fought in Belgium

Simple. My great grandfathers were ground up on the eastern front, killed, blinded, and disfigured. Great grandmothers were far from the front by the Ural Mountains, kept their heads low and avoided the soviet deathcamps.

probably true, czechman

Grandfather joined the navy. Grandmother worked a factory. My other side had three of 5 brothers join the Army. Outside a brother of my first grandfather, they all survived. He had 8 brothers (don't know how many were of age to serve) and the one who died drowned while being a dumbass and jumping from ship to ship while on shore leave.

My grandfathers reached draft age near the end of the war. One was in a boat on the Pacific when Japan surrendered and the other didn't fight until the Korean War.

My mom worked at blechly park
My dad and grandfather were in the home guard

Grandmother survived the blitz with my baby auntie and my Grandfather was fighting in North Africa.

As for my moms side, Grandma was a farm girl and I have no clue what the fuck my alcoholic grandpa was doing.

Most didn't , a Russian sub sunk their ship when evacuating in 45

one quarter was living in the forest with partisans, another quarter was acting like good obedient farmers while hiding partisans or their weapons in the barn.
don't know about rest

Both grandfathers were too young to fight.

Minding the farm, funny thing Germans would occasionally come take a cow but leave the rest so my grandparents have something for themselves . When the Soviets liberated us the took EVERYTHING from them why? Commies "Seinfeld theme in the background"

My grandfather fled from the Nazis and took refuge in an abandon farm
in Romania. By the time he was 15, the war was over and got married and had 13 kids. After seeing first-hand what the Nazis did to jewish people he was afraid to admit he was one until he was in his 80s. He's still alive and well today at 88. He's a pretty strong guy.

Well they were watching from Canada, Miami back when it was run by whites, and somewhere in France with the army. That great-grandfather brought home a copy of Collier's Photographic History of World War 2 in 1944. Strange they would publish a book like that before the war was actually over.
The First World War though, that's a different story. Cousins and uncles were conscripted to fight the Austrian menace in the Alps while the women stayed home in Napoli and Palermo. Then there was some affairs after the war and the families sailed over to Canada for cheap farmland.

By being in America and not taking part in it.

by not getting shot or bombed