Started watching pic related a few days ago...

Started watching pic related a few days ago. From the description and the reviews on MAL I was promised something with a relatively dark, well written story, emotional moments, and interesting characters. Right now I'm past episode 7 and none of this stuff is anywhere to be found.

First 3 eps were pretty good, but from the 4th one onward, I feel it's getting progressively worse. It turned from an interesting fantasy title into a slice of life with dumb, fanservice-based humor, where the characters are just walking tropes. I feel all of the fights so far have been entirely pointless and all the story bits I've been give so far leave me with too many questions and too few answers to actually give a fuck about anything that's happening.

And yet, it's praised to high heavens for having such a brilliant story and touching moments. Is there a point I haven't reached yet when it genuinely starts getting good and I'll finally get the quality writing I was promised, or is it another case of the writing being painfully mediocre and people who enjoyed it having low standards?

bump

It aged horribly, sadly. It was really good at the time but compared to today's standards it's nothing special.

So it's safe for me to just drop it and move onto something else? I'm not missing out on anything good?

>From the description and the reviews on MAL I was promised

Not really. In fact the ending will probably enrage you so yeah.

Don't really remember, I watched it too long ago. If I'm not mistaken, the dark stuff happens in the 2nd part (which is useless anyway, as all the stuff they set up is ruined because loldeusexmachina in the final).

Tell me a better source of anime description and reviews, then. I'm waiting.

Oh, okay. Well, that's a shame. It sounded like something right up my alley.

Not your blog, faggot.

You're a bit early, since the first 15 episodes are basically the prologue. I don't think the story that follows can be considered well-written, however.

>From the description and the reviews on MAL
A little on the nose. Tou must be really hurting for these (You)s.

Kill yourself. I'm just asking a question, dipshit.

lurk for 2 years before posting

Are you telling me its pacing is *that* slow?

it's not really that it's "slow", it's the 2nd part where the darker stuff happens is really ddiferent from the 1st part and has a completely different tone and atmosphere, much more tense and desperate

Okay, I get the picture now. Too slow of a pacing for me, though. I went into Mai-HiME straight from Nanoha, where the dark stuff and the feels hit you like a truck basically right off the bat.

>he's never been on a Sunrise Wild Ride

>MAL
Fuck off.

Triggered much?

Cool review, why not take it back to MAL and stay there?

Mai Tokiha was mary sue done right

>neo-Sup Forums only watched the ending

You are all faggots here, get out!!!!

>they're all fags, but me

>but me
Well I'm not you, so fuck off

>Right now I'm past episode 7 and none of this stuff is anywhere to be found.
First half is shit, that's common knowledge

OP here. You know, I'm all for giving chances when it comes to anime since they're known for having a slow start sometimes and start getting good a bit later, but when literally half of it is garbage, then I don't think it's worth my time, no matter the payoff.

Otome>Hime

First half of Hime was comfy as fuck until the second half went full retard.

There are two main reasons to watch Mai-Hime. The first is that Mai is smoking hot. The second is to watch it do some of the the same things Madoka would do several years later, but not as well and in twice as many episodes.

Read the vn plebian

The VN is hot garbage. There a reason why Sunrise burned Circus studios.

they all die then are revived in the last ep

This.

>There are two main reasons to watch Mai-Hime.
No, this is the main reason why people watch Mai Hime

that's ME sleeping

>The VN is hot garbage
kys

>tfw watched Hime & Otome when they were brand new, yet now can't remember anything at all about them
I guess I should rewatch these again.

New Mai-series when Sunrise

Otome a shit, A SHIT

it does get dark and does have some memorable moments but the end is so enraging you're better off droping it as other people have said.

i forced myself to finish and and while the second half of it was definitely better and i was kinda glad i stuck with it the ending just fucking ruined everything.

>Sup Forums is still rused over the ending after 13 years

These wounds will never ever heal for this board

New Mai-series will have best come back right

I want to be a father to Shiho-chan

>I want to be a father to Shiho-chan
I want to be Shiho-chan sugar daddy. Fixed.

I sometimes search the archive for Sup Forumss opinion o stuff. Though, I admit I also use MAL

I honestly think it's better not to read any reviews at all than to read MAL reviews, they are usually terrible.

Is this the worse haircut in recent anime history?

Don't insult scum

Confused here does Sup Forums love Mai Hime, Otome or both?

Has there ever been a character that was so awful in the first season come back to be the best in the next season (or in this case the spin-off) like Shiho?

until ep15 it's buld up but it really worth it. Getting attached to the character with stupid fanservice episode are actually useful for the plot. Don't get spoiled, just watch. Mai hime is a masterpiece... and mai otome isn't as good.

Shiho has always been a great character since episode. I don't know why Shiho was shit on the first episode.

Yes.

Hime>Otome manga>Sifr>Hime manga>Otome>Zwei>Hime VN

Yes Otome is an abortion

Just keep going faggot. Soon enough the mahou shoujo show will kill the ecchi comedy show and the romance drama show.

Otome manga is utter garbage

otome don't even exist

>Nanoha, where the dark stuff and the feels hit you like a truck basically right off the bat.
You complain about slow pacing, yet you just came from watching Nanoha? Where the first season is the boring slog you have to go through in order to get to the good parts?

I love Midori!

so at the very end everyone comes back to life, how could you possibly make up with everyone after all that?

Agreed but Sifr was fun as fuck

Hilariously, like what Shizuru did. The episode was so damn funny I couldn't understand why people were mad.

>The episode was so damn funny I couldn't understand why people were mad.

Spending all the time and resources watching this series especially when watching Hime until swerved ending. I can see why everyone was pissed as fuck over that retconned end. Either way, whatever happens on the ending episode Sunrise knew it was going to be a masterpiece on how the fans love it.

Reminder 2017 is the YEAR OF THE JYANNUSAI

>Sunrise: They don’t know how much will be announced this year, but they are working on a new Gundam series and new projects that will explore themes that weren’t usually present in Sunrise’s past works.

What did Sunrise means by this

You're right. I shouldn't have said "I can't understand". It's just that to me, the goofy first part of the show was the real show, and the 2nd darker and melodramatic part was the abberation. The final episode just seemed like it was going back to the way the show began, and yet the majority opinion was that the episode was horrible and ruined everything.

Last couple of episodes hinted about Mai said about her brother being revived somehow. The viewers did not know about this until Sunrise said "lol, everyone has been revived, THE END."

In my book this must been far the biggest ruse Sunrise had done.

Mai-GUNDAM