USS Liberty Incident

Okay, I am a casual lurker of this board. And so I must admit I'm not entirely familiar with the culture of this board. With that said, how are all of you coping with the Jerusalem announcement? Is it cognitive dissonance? How are you all reconciling our relationship with Israel, the way Donald Trump treats it, and most importantly the USS Liberty Incident. Please tell me you people haven't forgotten about this.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident
youtube.com/watch?v=kjOH1XMAwZA
vimeo.com/130021667
archive.is/b4kcR
archive.is/Mjql3
archive.is/oLpX5
youtube.com/watch?v=rLr9fjg6cmM
youtube.com/watch?v=0q7yEnMjQ6U
youtube.com/watch?v=p0Pc6-vwq_o
youtube.com/watch?v=Xs1L4nVRWXM
youtube.com/watch?v=fvItZ2GS88A
archive.fo/95aQd
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That is so, BBS. Who cares, Drumpf is making us great again. /sarc

Remind me again, when were we great?

late 1800s

i was alive when this happened. and the hypocrisy was def con 5 or 1 whatevers worse levels...
we should have wiped israel from the face of the planet then.

>Trump proclaims Jeruselum as capital of israel, something
the jews always have desperately wanted.
>muslims around the world buttblasted at USA and israel, palestinians + friends renew violent resistance against the jews
>muslims around the world unified against israel
>shoe finally drops on the massive bribery/corruption taking place in washington regarding foreign influence, specifically saudi arabia
>Trump pulls his ace in the sleeve - FBI finds that israel is also linked to the corruption scandal and has been meddling with our politics
>Trump begins to sprinkle red pills on twitter by mentioning other incidents of jewery like the USS Liberty incident
>in light of these developments, the US can no longer back israel like it has done historically, although due to that same history we wont become hostile to them either - going from (((greatest ally) to simply neutral
>meanwhile the already pissed muslims that surround Israel on all sides see this as the green light to start being aggressive against the jews now that the US wont help them anymore
>what was a huge political victory for the jews has become a massive strategic failure for Israel - cant even undo the damage because Trump wont take back his statement regarding Jeruselum being the Israeli capital, and the jews will never disavow it either - they are trapped.
>meanwhile the US remains safe as the embassay never gets moved, and a convienent travel ban on muslims remains in effect

256d intergalactic chess by trump you brainlets. Screencap this post.

Ahhh. Our first gilded age. Not so great a time for most...

I'm interested, user. Could you explain how the media was portraying this and how the people in your life interpreted this event?

The president has been signing a waiver to avoid moving the embassy for decades now, it was always going to happen eventually. Israel is still cancer, America's portion of the cancer is just based in a new city now. Plus Trump got to get a few brownie points in with the pro Israel fags.

Oh and Turkey was pissed off too, so thats always neat.

I'm more interested in how its going to shake out in Jerusalem. How many riots do you think will happen? No way the mudslimes will take this lying down.

just fyi, defcon starts at a high number and goes down towards 1 the more severe a happening

This

The only thing
And it is the only thing
That gives me some faith in Trump being based is the fact that he read those works of Hitler

Fuck muslims.
Fuck jews.

There was so much posted about this on /new/ I still think about it sometimes. Those israelies are a tricky bunch and too bad for that US goy that got a token medal in some empty shipyard or some shit.

>Israel attacks American ship knowing it's American
>Nothing happens to Israel except they're fined or something (they got their money from the US anyway lol)

>coping
>oh no Trump has betrayed us because of a brilliant move with three years to back out if we need to and no cost up front that also makes Muzzies chimp out
Hi, JIDF.

Bretty gud topic choice for your first post. Welcome, newfriend, have a bump.
>USS Liberty, never forget

That would be a nice Christmas present!

I'm strictly a lurker, I just felt I had to get this out here. This sentiment in the U.S. about Israel being our greatest ally is just mind boggling to me when something like the USS Liberty happened. I posted to perhaps gain some insight.

Why do anons think the attack was deliberate? What did Israel have to gain? It is not impossible that they misidentified the ship. But I don't know much at all about the incident. How long was it going down? And what did the navy do in response? Did they send out radio calls or anything signifying the Israelis to stop?

Can someone answer or is this another one of those "just blame the jews" things

Yeah, in order for us to buy that it might have been intentional, we need to know the motivation. So far I haven't heard of any theories.

>What did Israel have to gain?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident

>Ongoing controversy and unresolved questions

>The press release for the BBC documentary film Dead in the Water states that new recorded and other evidence suggests the attack was a "daring ploy by Israel to fake an Egyptian attack" to give America a reason to enter the war against Egypt. Convinced that the attack was real, President of the United States Lyndon B. Johnson launched allegedly nuclear-armed aircraft targeted against Cairo from a U.S. aircraft carrier in the Mediterranean. The aircraft were recalled only just in time, when it was clear the Liberty had not sunk and that Israel had carried out the attack.

>It is not impossible that they misidentified the ship.

The Liberty's survivors contradict Spector. According to subsequently declassified NSA documents: "Every official interview of numerous Liberty crewmen gave consistent evidence that indeed the Liberty was flying an American flag—and, further, the weather conditions were ideal to ensure its easy observance and identification."[99]

>we need to know the motivation. So far I haven't heard of any theories.

again, citing same (((Wikipedia))) article:

>Motive: James Bamford, among others, says one possible motive was to prevent the United States from eavesdropping on Israeli military activities and monitoring the events taking place in nearby Gaza.[105] In a study of the incident concluding that there was insufficient evidence to support either accidental or deliberate attack, Colonel Peyton E. Smith wrote of the possibility that "The attack was most likely deliberate for reasons far too sensitive to be disclosed by the US (or) Israeli government and that the truth may never be known".[108] Author and former crew member James M. Ennes theorized, in the epilogue of his book Assault on the Liberty, that the motive was to prevent the ship's crew from monitoring radio traffic that might reveal Israel being the aggressor in its impending invasion of Syria, which the White House opposed.

Lurk more faggot.

Whoops wrong one

>Dead in the Water

youtube.com/watch?v=kjOH1XMAwZA

>The Day Israel Attacked America

vimeo.com/130021667

>'But Sir, It’s an American Ship.' 'Never Mind, Hit Her!' When Israel Attacked USS Liberty

>'The Americans have findings that show our pilots were aware the ship was American,' a newly published document by the State Archives says

archive.is/b4kcR

>Israeli communications said to prove IAF knew Liberty was U.S. ship

>Chicago Tribune: Transcripts of IAF communications show pilots who attacked Liberty in Six-Day War saw a U.S. flag.

archive.is/Mjql3

>New revelations in attack on American spy ship

archive.is/oLpX5

>Ernie Gallo: The U.S.S Liberty: what really happened? What did not?

youtube.com/watch?v=rLr9fjg6cmM

>McCain and Israel's Bombing of the U.S.S. Liberty

youtube.com/watch?v=0q7yEnMjQ6U

>Ray MacGovern On Israel attacking USS Liberty the truth must come out !!

youtube.com/watch?v=p0Pc6-vwq_o

>Ex-Australian Prime Minister Confirms Israel Deliberately Attacked America

youtube.com/watch?v=Xs1L4nVRWXM

>Israeli Terrorism Against America

youtube.com/watch?v=fvItZ2GS88A

>There is detailed evidence from Liberty crewmen and other military and intelligence personnel that the Israeli attack was intentional. Numerous extremely high US military, intelligence, and diplomatic officials have espoused this view. Among them are:

>Dean Rusk, Secretary of State under LBJ;

>Richard Helms, Director of the CIA;

>Rufus Taylor, Deputy Director of the CIA;

>Clark Clifford, special assistant to the President;

>Louis W. Tordella, National Security Agency (NSA) Deputy Director;

>General Marshall Carter, former director, NSA;

>Lucius Battle, former presidential advisor;

>Major General John Morrison, US Air Force, Deputy Chief NSA Operations;

>Oliver Kirby, former deputy director for operations/production, NSA;

>Lieutenant General William E. Odom, former director, NSA;

>Admiral Bobby Ray Inman, USN, Director NSA 1977-1981;

>Paul C. Warnke, Undersecretary of the Navy and later general legal counsel to the Department of Defense;

>Rear Admiral Merlin Staring, Staff Legal Office for Commander in Chief US Naval Forces Europe and later Chief Judge Advocate General of the Navy;

>George Ball, under secretary of state;

>Dwight Porter, US Ambassador to Lebanon;

>Lloyd M. “Pete” Bucher, US Navy, Commanding Officer USS Pueblo;

>Captain Ward Boston, senior legal counsel for the Naval Court of Inquiry;

>Rear Admiral Clarence “Mark” Hill, co-founder of the Naval Aviation Foundation;

>Admiral David McDonald, Chief of Naval Operations; and

>Vice Admiral Jerome King, Jr., Deputy Chief of Naval Operations.

>In 2003 the Moorer Commission, an independent commission headed by Admiral Moorer, reported on Capitol Hill: “There is compelling evidence that Israel’s attack was a deliberate attempt to destroy an American ship and kill her entire crew.”

>The Moorer report went on to state, “In attacking the USS Liberty, Israel committed acts of murder against U.S. servicemen and an act of war against the United States.”

archive.fo/95aQd

The Jerusalem embassy is a proxy attack on Israel. Muslims will be spilling Jewish blood in the streets.

I'd fucking lol. We'll pray for some crazy shit like this.

bump

Only way to make the world safe again is GAS the fuckers......Neutron bomb their cities and do a total eradication process.

They are like cockroaches do not let one survive or it needs to be done again

tfw this won't happen but you really really wish that it would

We can dream.

bump

>caring this much about a statement
it means nothing, only shills care

Donald Trump has been a Jew-lover from day one.
It was no secret.
He was never our guy.
Anyone that believed otherwise is a retard.

He was always just a means to an end.