Bake Pt 2 cover

Bake Pt 2 cover

The updated VOFAN art is nice. I'm still not sold on the white block with the title.

>Suruga Monkey
>Nadeko Snake
Basically Surugamonogatari, about 70% of all this is focused on Kanbaru. Quite a bit of fun dialogue between her & Koyomi was cut out of the anime version.

Have they only released this and Kizu so far?

They're not even done releasing Bake.

Kizu and Bake 1 are out now. And according to Amazon they are releasing all of bake and nise this year at least.

>missed the first part of bake release
I wanted to preorder them all fug

I think it looks good enough.

I'm kinda mad about Kizu and Bake having it at slightly different heights on the spine, though.

Was SHAFT basically reduced to making a single title? It's worse than Type-Moon with Fate/Saber shit.

Shaft makes other stuff, they're doing exactly that right now even. Sup Forums generally just doesn't meme about them as much. Fate will probably actually become their new cash cow though.

Your complaint is about 5 years out-of-date to be honest.

>I'm kinda mad about Kizu and Bake having it at slightly different heights on the spine, though.
Fuck, that already bother's me

Should I just wait until I get Bake parts two and three to start reading Bakemonogatari?

It wouldn't matter, since the stories are pretty self-contained

It's all supposed to be one massive novel anyway but I would've loved to have read an 800 or so paged monogatari novel in English.

Might as well wait then

When is Pt.2 releasing? February 28?

Wait, it's three volumes? Wasn't the original Japanese version only two volumes?

>that fucking starburst

Why couldn't Vertical do something that pleases the eye, like the first volume?

The Japanese version had three arcs each, so they were longer. Vertical is trying to squeeze more money out of thirsty fans, so they're releasing the six arcs over three volumes instead.

Kodansha re-released it as three volumes at some point

>other stuff

The stuff that even DEEN makes better right

There's only five Bake arcs.

Part 1 had Crab, Snail, and Monkey.
Part 2 had Snake and Cat.

Thx amazon

Oh right, I forgot cat was long as fuck.

>Fate will probably actually become their new cash cow
Fate doesn't play to their strengths as much. Maybe they'll have a fresh take on it that gets a lot of support, but I only really see them coasting on the brand.

They just need Kumeta to make a manga worth adapting again.

They already have 3-Gatsu covering the "really good but criminally underappreciated" category.

wouldn't his new one be good enough

It will finally be possible to rewatch Monogatari in chronological order when the Kizu 3 BD is out.

Why was there such a long wait between Kizu and Bake?

Because the translator had to do five novels for this year?

Damn it those looks so cool, Yen Press should learn something from them.

This plus iirc initially Vertical only got the licence for Kizu to see how well the series would sell.

Pretty sure the main texts are in slightly different sizes as well; glad i don't have ocd

>sleek, tighly bound and professionally designed volumes
>consistent translation with fluent prose
>bimonthly instead of fucking biyearly release schedule
Yen Press should learn everything from Vertical.

>they'll never animate the ending of SZS