What does she mean by Moi?

What does she mean by Moi?

And what sort of last name is Ahokainen?

finn autism

Moi means poi

>moi

Nothing, really. It's a greeting in Finnish which is most likely a loanword from Frisian and Plattdeutsch.

So she's Spurdo?

Certified Spurdo-tyttö.

Moi is finnish greeting, it's in english "Hey"

Ahokainen is finnish last name

Ahokainen is a Finnish last name, "aho" means meadow or clearing in the woods, and the -kainen ending turns the meaning into "person from the meadow" or such.
Moi is a common Finnish informal greeting. If you double it, "moi moi", it's something to say when leaving, like "bye bye".

Which show is she from?

>Ahokainen
What is her relationship with Mika 'Hakkinen' & Kimi 'Raikkonen'

She rides them every night.

Good fucking dammit she's so annoying. Being a Finnishfag is suffering.

she's annoying in good & fun way.

>Ahokainen is finnish last name
Really? I thought it was a pun with Ahoka = "are you an idiot?" made into a finnish-sounding name.

Ahonen and Aho are normal Finnish names, Ahokainen is much rarer, but still exists.

But yes, they obviously picked it because it sounds funny.

>Arisa
>Aliisa

>Ahonen and Aho are normal Finnish names
Being Fin in Japan is suffering.

Wait, she's supposed to be Finnish?
I was wondering why she had such an extreme level of autism, that would explain it.

I can imagine it would be rough to blend in perfectly until you told someone your name.

Finns are an annoying species

>mfw I get told I have a girl's name

Hi, Mika.

>>Ahonen and Aho are normal Finnish names
>Being Fin in Japan is suffering.
Perkeleen Aki, jäit kiinni :DD

Is it? I thought you guys would get along just fine.

Being Italian in Finland was a mixed experience.

I'm fairly sure that influenced why they picked that name, but it still is a legit surname (though rare, with only 180 persons)

None, -nen is a very common ending for last names in Finland. There's an etymological reason for it but I don't remember it

Just be glad Esko Aho didn't win the presidential elections when he ran

It's the "quirky foreigner" factor

She goes way beyond that.
You have Karen from Kiniro who has the whole "quirky foreigner" thing going on, but moi moi girl's autism is some next level stuff.

>according to anime Aki, Mika and Mikko are girl's names
it's hilarious. I'm just waiting for the day when there's a magical princess Jorma with her faithful chambermaiden Yrjö from a vaguely finnish kingdom in some anime

examples please? Haven't seen any episodes of the show

Everything about her. Last episode she was randomly cosplaying as an eggplant.

Finland is being discussed
Time for the celebratory posting of the Finnish anime

Japs tend to have fun with Finnish language, and wise-versa, since the prononciation is so similar and some words in both languages mean totally different thing.

IOne old tale is about a Finnish exchange student going to Japan. Her name was "Minna Aho", which translates into "Everyone's an idiot" in Japanese, and thus they tend to find it funny.

Also, Räikkönen > animu Finn-bitch.

Ahokai colloquially means the same thing (kai marks a yes/no question), and nen is an emphatic particle in kansai-ben.
So アホかいねん literally means "are you an idiot?!" in an accent.

Also, fun fact, Martti Turunen (Marutei Tsurunen) was the first European member of the Japanese legislature.

Actually Moomin troll is more of Finland-swedish...

Randomly you say? That's neat, you're great, you really are. Hey mods, what's this? Things are getting pretty intense, so what's the endgame. Not finnish y'know

It has absolutely nothing to do with sweden

All the Moomin novels are translated from swedish.

I forgot what language Tove Jansson used when drawing the comics, likely english.

I can't stop replaying the dance from ep 3. Send help pls.

Still Finnish, the same way French-speaking Canadians are considered to be fully Canadian despite the language

But french speaking canadians were the original canadians.

I didn't know inuits spoke french.

Inuits were nomadic savages, not colonists.

Finns are also nomadic savages, not colonists.

>I forgot what language Tove Jansson used when drawing the comics, likely english.
Why the fuck would she have done that?? Nobody in Nordic countries bothered with fucking English before late 20th century.

She definitely used swedish for the most part.

Obviously the swedish-finns and the french-canadians comparison isn't meant to be accurate in every single aspect since that'd make no sense, duh. Just in the sense that some countries have minorities who have a different mother tongue, but who are still fully "from" that country. Tove Jansson who created the Moomins is Finnish, despite having spoken a language that wasn't Finnish at home. Sweden the country doesn't play a part in it at all.

The comics were commissioned by, drawn for and first published in a British newspaper iirc, so most likely they were indeed first written in English

rather, translated into English, from the stories she'd written much earlier.

I want to marry Mayo

"Moi" just means "hi". It goes without saying that she misuses it massively, spamming it multiple times per sentence as a cutesy gimmick. But eh, who gives a shit. It's not like people watch anime for its stark realism.

Ahokainen is a real Finnish last name, albeit rare (only 408 uses recorded), undoubtedly chosen because it starts with "aho" and that's funny for japs apparently. I wonder why they don't just use Aho instead, since that is also a valid Finnish last name, and much more common.

aliisa a cute!

Arisa should definitely be transliterated as Alisa instead BTW.

Aila is still the cutest finn in anime.

>Aila
>cutest

Come the fuck on. She doesn't even torture anyone, let alone masturbate in public.

no just no.

>cutest
>barely any muscle

>cutest
>barely any money

Why the hell are there so many Finnish anime characters? Seeing these many examples made me realize that there are quite a bit of them.

Japan likes Finland for some reason. And vice versa. It goes back more than a century.

I want to fondle Moi's titties

Who wouldn't those things are probably E-F cups, so they are big and squishy.

Language jokes cause Nips love their puns and Finnish has similar pronunciations.
Like for example, names with the -ko suffix are usually girl names in Japan while they're male names in Finland.

Also they were Axis buddies way back, and you know how much Japan likes to wank off to that.

what does ma ma means then