Why haven't you learned to draw yet anons?

Why haven't you learned to draw yet anons?

Other urls found in this thread:

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=5518735
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Creating disfigured blobs that stare into your soul isn't a good motivator.

Painting is the problem.

this

Because I suck at it.

this

because I'm lazy

this

samefag proxy/ip poster

Because if you don't study anatomy and other technical media skills and just try to draw le anime grill your art is going to look like ass.

found the newfag/normalfag

I have ham hands

why does step 3 look better than 4? 4 is generic and boring in comparison and adds nothing significant

>implying 3d grills arent soulless

can you recommend a good tablet to buy for someone who has 0 drawing experience?

the thought of making lewd art that anons will fap to is making me want to start learning

I was talking about drawing disfigured 2d. Drawing 3d girls is a waste of time.

just buy the cheapest wacom tablet line available (and an extra nib package if you're serious about it)

ok. thought you were bashing all of 2D and basically I'm a huge faggot. have a good day, sir.

sadly this. drawing is fine though.

Do artists masturbate to their own drawings? If so, do artists resist the urge to masturbate while drawing?

I'm working on it 2 hours every day

It's not worth all the effort to get good.

>Do artists masturbate to their own drawings?
No, but I do get a boner if I draw something lewd.

Gave up just like everything else.

You say that but probably can't draw for shit.

Maybe if you want to stay at the level of guy that can only do chickenscratch lineart and never anything else.

Step 4 is finished. If you prefer it to look less "clean" or prefer a different style of shading that's up to you, but leaving it at 3 would be lazy.

I'm learning to, it looks like shit for now and probably will for a few months more.

>a few months more.
>months
user

this is the same line of thinking as retards that believe buying overpriced premium quality pencils and paper will make them draw better

having higher quality media only matters when you're already professional level and even then it's just trivial quality of life preference

I think it's because of the line widths/shading around mouth/nose. If you merge them it looks a bit better.

Where in his post did he mention the media?

Who made this book and where can I find more

Way ahead of you. This is my OC, Tomoko-chan. I chose not to color her in because I hate manga with color pages.

I literally can't draw for shit. If there' a disability for it I'm sure I have it.

I do get a hard on from my own drawings but feel a bit of guilty when i share the drawing to other people.

Lack of autism
Please apply yourself user-san

Meant for

I'm working on it, give me a few months and I'll be a drawfag.

I draw cute girls only for masturbating purposes.

I don't believe I will ever have the discipline to get good at it so why bother. Also the early stage when you know exactly what's wrong with your drawing but are too unskilled to fix it is frustrating as hell.

I do. But not this generic anatomy simplification. If people really draw then they will know this is not the proper way to learn how to draw, even anime-ish style. It just waste time.

fuck off /ic/

On my way. This year i'll wrap up the whole anatomy book that i bought and move on to studying the lewd parts and and some animals since beastiality and body modification are my biggest fetish.

I lose interest whenever i got past the sketching part though, inking is not so much fun so i just slap something to it for no reason. pic related.

I'm almost 20

>From sketch to completed lineart with colors, brush strokes, tones and shadows.

Nice tutorial

My own drawings does nothing for me

Teach me how to draw cute lolis

Yes i do, i used not to though when i sucked, speed is the problem with most people i think, i used to take days to draw
a siple lewd pose properly, now i just shit something i want to masturbate to in a few hours and i do masturbate to it because
i haven't spend hours upon hours looking at it.

Because I don't want to have to study 3DPD for 10 years to learn muh anatomy and muh expressions.

Jesus fucking kek

I do now. It took a while to git gud enough to where I could, though

Shit tutorial.

>on to studying the lewd parts and and some animals since beastiality and body modification are my biggest fetish.
God speed ;_;7

>I lose interest whenever i got past the sketching part though
Maybe try painting it instead? So that it still has value and color but the working process is still fast and loose? Maybe like: pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=5518735

All one page "tutorials" are shit, if someone who doesn't know proper fundamentals look at that page he will get nothing out of it, maybe he will copy it exactly and that's it.

>someone spend money on this

I knew how to draw once, but quit. Now each time I try I get discouraged because nothing turns out how I want.

I wish I hadn't let 3DPD in high school distract me.

Someone published it, and it was sold in actual libraries.

Too much effort.

The people who get good at drawing either like the act of drawing so they don't get discouraged from shit or plow through their shit drawings anyway because they know they'll get better if they just keep drawing

Please note that you'll always be shit if you never draw from real life, though.

There was a course in my high school that taught you to draw in one school year. Basically they were given one thing to draw in class and one for homework. I remember my friend had a pad out during our lunch break drawing a box, a map of the country, etc for homework.

That was at the beginning of the year. By the end of the year he was drawing classic art in a different pose. It was spectacular. Everyone in the class started out with no experience beyond stick figures to making stuff that I thought would take a lifetime to master.

I've sadly not found a similar course. If someone released a similar lesson plan where you are given a series of more difficult drawings and were basically guaranteed to see progress, I'm sure a lot more of us would be drawing our waifus.

>Someone looked that this and gave it the thumbs up

How long did it take you to get this good?

Every single tutorial
Glad I gave up after a while

I used to enjoy it so much, and drawing came naturally to me every day. It's just so hard to stay motivated nowadays.

And yeah, I should actually try that. All I draw are husbandos and similar anime crap.

>1. draw a circle
>2. draw the rest of the fucking face

cant be this hard, guys.

holy thicc

You will pick other stuff up by the time you can draw a proper circle. Seriously, fuck circles.

Well.

Faces I can draw alright, but it's those fucking poses.

Hell, why cant I do creative poses that do not look shit or like 19th century nobleman paintings?

I'd say I'm decent.

I'm roughly 4-5 years in now and just draw things whenever i like. If you're diligent to schedule yourself and really stick to what you want to accomplish (anatomy, perspective, etc.) and putting in all the hours with real hard work, you'll be able to get decent in less than 2 years.

Have you tried taking some life drawing classes?

spare nibs come hidden in pretty much all the wacom tablets now

I used to think like this, but I realized that drawing along the lines of posing dolls is pretty shit, since all your drawings will look like posing dolls as well.

>2 years of practice and still can't make a proper circle or draw a straight line most of the time

I did, and I did decently, i guess.

But still, manga/animu poses and perspectives are more exaggerated than real life.

What looks good as real life drawing, looks shit as manga.

Is that houtengeki? He put out a how to draw book?

this seriously.

"clean line" is a art.

I've never had the guts to do lewds.

JUST

The secret is speed and muscle memory. The more careful you are, the wobblier your lines will be. Also, use your arm to draw, not your wrist.

I have too many fetishes and would inevitably draw /d/ stuff and violate pure waifus of innocent anons. You don't want that to happen, do you?

>God speed ;_;7
Thanks user.
>Maybe try painting it instead?
I did, but still not good enough, i want to make sure to have good drawings before even moving to painting.

Yes

where do all the chill anime artists hang out now? do they all just fuck off and pretend to be japanese on pixiv/twitter?

What do you mean, is there even a place for them to hang out before?

Thanks for the info, man! You're really good!

Also, do tutorial books actually help? I've tried a few but the transition from "Do this very simple thing" to "Now try out all this other stuff" usually is lost on me. Anatomy and poses are way too complex.

there was a brief period when tumblr was chill before it became lol tumblr, and before that deviantart wasn't a wasteland. now i have no idea where english speaking anime artists hang out that isn't in little cliques on twitter or whatever.

Do I have to learn to use a tablet to draw or can just use the good old pencil and just vector it with a proper program?

I recently pirated the Erik Olson on perspective and now I'm very slowly trying to work my way through it.

Why does line-art always look a lot shittier when digitized via vectoring or tracing or whatever?

touchpad/10

I'm working on it

I never got into any "groups" because my art is not normalfag friendly, i used to post on /ic/ but now that tumblr is accepted there its filled with normalfags, i do pretend to be japanese on pixiv though.

Right after I learn Japanese