Name 1 (one) shounen better than Saint Seiya

Name 1 (one) shounen better than Saint Seiya
Protip: You can't

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xoJpTaXGMVk
pastebin.com/vmYRvpXN
mega.nz/#F!b84kARKQ!q45iftEsQjoSbauK1U2Aww
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

HxH is arguably the best anime ever made so /thread.

Samurai X (only up to shishio's arc)

Nobody even remembers this show.

saint seiya had the shittiest power levels.
They beat the fucking gold saints and got seventh sense, and then against the faggot poseidon saints, who are pretty much as strong as gold saints, they get fucking beat again until they power up at the last moment and win.

I'm 44 episodes into this and it's really unremarkable. Everything that it's doing so far has been done better in other anime.

I fucking love saint seiya but Naruto is better. Not even kidding.

HxH is overhyped boring shit.

I-IT GETS GOOD AT M-MUH YORK NEW ARC

One piece

Finish the Golden saints arc. It gets better in a couple of episodes and it will get amazing by the end of it.
If you didn't like it by the end then you're free to leave it but you'll have shit taste in battle shounen.

I never understood the hxh is the best battle shounen meme. There seems to be no single fact to back that up.

Face it spic, it's not that great. You should take those nostalgia goggles off.
It's true that the gold saint fights where memorable and the Hades saga had an interesting plot, but besides that it's not that complex if you compare it to modern shonen.
We even got two identical main arcs in a row. Even the final villain was identical.
>inb4 b-but the gemini saint is supposed to have a twin brother
Bullshit, Saga already had that split personalities gimmick to represent his constellation. Kanon is obviously an afterthought.
Also there are only two characters out of the main five that go through actual character developement by the end of the series. Guess who.

If anyone has yet to catch up go straight for the anime.
Dat soundtrack

It's just shotafaggots.

>not muh kumera aunt ark

I've been watching this off and on for the past few years and I really love it. I'd put it up there with DBZ, but holy shit did the Sanctuary Arc get repetitive. Unfortunately the short tournament arc at the very beginning was the best part so far.

>Samurai X
>not Rurouni Kenshin
Filthy spic.

Kakugo no Susume/Apocalypse Zero

Tournament and Ikki arcs were bad, Silver Saints was meh, Zodiac Houses was great. Asgard and Poseidon arcs are pretty much the same. Hades was too rushed but ok i guess

I take that you mean battle shonen? In this case, TTGL, HxH, FMA both 2003 and brotherhood, F/Z, JoJo, Rurouni Kenshin. Hell, even Yu Yu Hakusho and DBZ are better.

The first series of Saint Seiya is garbage and the only people who think otherwise are spics blinded by nostalgia.

The only good things that ever came out of Saint Seiya were Hades series and Lost Canvas.

Samurai X was the name given by Sony at 'murica.

>TTGL
>F/Z
>battle shonen
Newfag get the fuck out

>Also there are only two characters out of the main five that go through actual character developement by the end of the series. Guess who.
Ikki is an obvious one, can't guess the other. They all keep acting the same way from start to finish, though I guess Hyoga since he nominally got over his mommy complex when he fought Camus.

Kinnikuman

Houshin Engi.

Literally any shonen that isn't Bleach.

Fairy Tail is worse than either.

>Naruto is better
>HxH a shit

how though?

I think that Saint Seiya was full of asspulls but the OST, and the amounts of blood and violence were so good everything can be forgiven. Also the 12 zodiacs arc will remain as one of the best shonen arcs ever made. Along with the Dark Tournament of YYH or Frieza Arc in DBZ

youtube.com/watch?v=xoJpTaXGMVk

t.contrarians.

Jojo

Naruto went full garbage with the years and fame, but at the begging I think it was pretty decent shonen.

>The only good things that ever came out of Saint Seiya were Hades series and Lost Canvas.
>not the golden saints arc
Your opinion is shit.

Naruto was unironically good before the Uchiha dick sucking fest started, also this whole argument is stupid because all of us look for different things in a shonen, so a objective best is impossible

I like Saint Seiya a lot but cmon now, it's suffers from pretty much every standard flaw the genre has, on top of the intial awkwardness from more or less establishing said genre.

It's extremely formulaic, fights are almost completely non strategic and are just power level/cosmo based, Seiya's group is strong just because, the fight coreagraphy is almost nonexistent and it's just poses and people flying back and faceplanting, etc. The art is fugly outside of the Cosmo conssitleation appirations, though it's got charm.

Anybody want some absurdly high res and high quality 2000x3000 Kazeban scans/rips of the whole original series?

It's all in Chinese though.

Sure, why not? The BR release is expensive as fuck with stupid things like hardcover and some kind of special seal for no reason other than justify their jewing

Alright,. you know of a place where I can upload a 9gb rar then without having to register?

I'm about to shower but if the thread 404's before I get out or can find a site/it uploads, i'll make a new thread once I find it/get it uploaded with "Saint Seiya Scans" in the subject line, so hopefully you can find it or search for it on Fireden if that thread 404's and you miss it

Yu-Gi-Oh.
At least this one has likeable characters, and the homolust isn't disturbing like SS.

>They beat the fucking gold saints
They never did that. Only Hyoga beat Camus, oh and Shun with Aphrodite. Hyoga didn't one-shot in Poseidon because he was fighting his friend and Shun because he's a fag, the rest didn't beat any gold saint.

>and got seventh sense
They could only burn their cosmos for a few moments, they master it in Poseidon saga.

Read the manga secondary

>spic

Saint Seiya is popular in europe, asia(especially China) and latin america.

The spic meme was always so retarded

it also got storytimed over the summer

in my heart they will always be cavaleiros do zodiaco!

>especially China
chinese light novels are filled with saint seya references

Thanks, but I have no idea to where upload 9GB other than MEGA it's shit now or torrent. Good luck!

Also,
>Next Dimension will end its "season" on chapter 81. After that, it'll enter on another hiatus.
Fuck Kurumada. At least we still have Saintia Sho.

FMA 2003

Well since this thread is already up I'll ask here:
How interested would you guys be in eng subs for the Blurays? I'd just be cleaning up the existing subs, and putting them on the BD Raw.

Yeah, please

Alright faggots, I'll have episode 1 up in a few.

kazenbann is already up for DL here pastebin.com/vmYRvpXN

HxH or Jojo.
SS is a really mediocre shounen, not as garbage as DBZ but close.

Thanks, user.

>also this whole argument is stupid because all of us look for different things in a shonen, so a objective best is impossible
>arguing is stupid because we all have different tastes
You should probably leave Sup Forums while you still can, newfag.

Ashita no Joe is the epitome of the Shounen genre and after almost 50 years it still stands at the top

>read Saint Seiya manga
>fight scenes are literally gag manga panels with a guy punching the air and another flying into the sky

Man, I get that SS did it before it was a gag manga thing, but I couldn't stop laughing.

Shounen isn't a genre, and OP clearly means battle shounen.

Well its uploading now.
I'll make a release thread tomorrow

It's out

I fukken loved saint seiya when I was a child, but some years later I realized how much of it does not make any sense.

You can find interesting ideas here and there, but even as a child I found myself multiple times wondering why the fuck the last battles were so similar: everyone got fucked up, they gave their cosmo to seiya, seiya wins.

I'm not into the genre anymore, it was a great time, I could watch some episode if needed but I didnt get the "urge" to rewatch it.

The saddest part is the fanbase that after decades refuse to see even the basic errors and defend it as their lives depend of it

Saint Jabu, its THE BEST.

>The only good things that ever came out of Saint Seiya were Hades series and Lost Canvas.
I've never been triggered so hard in my entire life.
Those are litteraly the worse.

Shaman King,

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run

Heck, most any part of Jojo is good

Why no group finished this manga translation? It's the craziest Battle shonen I ever read.

I never see people talk about this. It's almost as if everyone forgot this existed.

>Blu-ray subs, as promised.
>mega.nz/#F!b84kARKQ!q45iftEsQjoSbauK1U2Aww
Thanks

It is silly and many things doesn't make sense. But as for the Seiya pandering, this is TOEI thing. Read the manga. There are many plot differences like Saga exploding Ikki into the Poseidon arc, Silver Saint arc where the 4 Bronze saints gets their time to shine, Ikki going batshit crazy because he discovered they're all sons of the old guy (Saori's grandfather) who bang at most 99 women that "eventually" died so he could send their children to deathcamps, every gold saint after Scorpio doesn't give a fuck about Athena (yeah, the Capricorn Saint did a heel-face turn for the anime becoming the "muh Athena" we know about) and not having many repetitive filler arcs (phantom saints, Asgard, Shiryu going blind every week,

Next Dimension being crazy to the point of the Scorpio saint of the being able to disappear because the guy had an alergic reaction to a scorpion sting as a kid and the Leo saint have a fuckhuge Lion with gold armor that mops the floor of regular enemy soldiers are the best things that keeps me going back whenever a new "season" comes out.
Yeah, the fanbase it's the worst thing claiming the "muh animu" was the best thing ever wanting a "remake with the new technology" and Lost Canvas S3 when the the previous ones didn't sell DVDs and the toys tanked. Especially considering the second half of the story goes downhill pretty fast with retarded shit

Anyway, who else is excited for TOEI's next disappointment?

I tried to get through the manga after enjoying the early parts of the anime as a kid but holy Ren (pointy hair fuck) has major Vegeta syndrome but doesnt do it as well as Vegeta and the storyline just got way to convoluted for me desu

Fairy Tail.

>Anyway, who else is excited for TOEI's next disappointment?
I am so hyped for this you wouldn't believe it.
The manga is useless, boring and pretty much retcon material. The pacing is terrible and you could pretty much adapt a volume in 1 episode.

I can't wait to see how they will adapt it, I'm crossing my fingers for tons of silly fillers.

Soap opera the shonen

FAÇA ELEVAR

And "Caballeros del zobaco" in my case.

SS is overhyped, doe.

O COSMO NO SEU CORAÇÃO

TODO O MAL, COMBATER

>Hyoga didn't one-shot in Poseidon because he was fighting his friend
>Ice-powerfags being this delusional
Hyoga got his ass handed to him by Poseidon when he showed up, and only beat Camus because he's the weakest gold saint.

Zatch Bell is the best shonen, prove me wrong

Hameln and Karakuri Cirucs are better.

BlackJack

Fair, but it's not like getting over his mom made him go through a drastic shift in personality. If anything it was a way to make him focused during the battle.

The other one I meant was Shiryu, since he starts off as an over-confident douche and then flips into the calm, collected "wise guy" of the group that looks after everyone.
To be fair he only shows an arrogant, bloating personality during the first arc (especially in the anime) and by the time he gives his blood to repair Seya's armor you can see he pretty much got rid of it. Yet it's still impressive to see how mature he is while fighting in comparison to the others.

Dunno if Kurumada actually liked him since he went on to exploit his will to sacrifice himself in any way possible for shit and giggles.

first post, worst post.

HNK

The amount of times he went blind or half naked.