>2017
>no isekai series where the protagonist attempts to speedrun his quest to kill the demon king and accidentally discovers bugs and glitches in the alternate world's reality
>closest thing we have is a subpar LN series about some guy getting transported to a buggy as fuck MMO world where he's familiar with a handful of tricks

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7ZOCCEuROPk
youtube.com/watch?v=eJhvSjMH-zY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You've got a keyboard, don't you? Get writting, faggot.

>2017
>no isekai series where every character is well-written

I'm surprised there hasn't been a story that stacks isekai

Like, the protag dies and gets reincarnated into multiple worlds instead of just staying in one

Like, simultaneously? That's meta as fuck.

>Protag has to fight his alternate isekai selves that are just as OP as he is

What if he has control over all of them at once and develops a multi-threaded consciousness?

I came here to post this. Write your own shitty web book, there's no reason you can't do it and become popular with how many underage retards who eat that kind of stuff are out there.

Writing takes too much work. Writing an acceptable product requires practice. Practice is just writing repeatedly, which takes too much work. I'd rather brainstorm ideas on Sup Forums than actually put them on paper.

Are you sure this is not an actual thing? Because that sounds like something that would work

>wanting yet anothe Isekai set in an MMO or a "fantasy world" that is real yet inexplicably functions like Dragon Quest.

You're part of the problem.

It would be similar to Overlord where it's explicitly a game world but the NPCs are sapient while still functioning on rails if the protagonist doesn't interfere. The mechanics would be based on a generic action RPG like TES or Soulsborne rather than traditional JRPGs like Dragon Quest.

Part. of. the. problem.

>2017
>no isekai that is actually good
>no LN that is actually good
>no piece of japanese media that is actually good

>no piece of japanese media that is actually good
Ghost Slide was amazing.

S3 never though. ;_;

>Wanting to ruin a perfect ending
Let the all star team go on to create something new, user.

Sounds like it would be just another "MC has a cheat ability".

I'll never understand the point of LNs. Whenever I think of novels, I think of definitive endings, whereas LNs try to muddle their way forward to make as many volumes as possible, similar to manga. With manga, I can understand multiple volumes, since 200 pages of manga is equivalent to about 20-30 pages of a novel, if that. However, wouldn't a good author actually try to make a good story with a definitive end in place of indefinitely prolonging the series? I understand that there are some book series that are similar (mostly sci-fi and fantasy), but most of those are standalone stories set in the same universe, not a consistent story. Maybe I'm just not open-minded enough to understand the appeal.

Writers don't decide when to end, editors do.

>I'll never understand the point of LNs
They're marketed to tasteless young teen fans. They require next to no creative skill to produce and the "writers" are in it for the money so things like internal integrity, writing, and characterization aren't concerns for them. Its alot like the last generation of popular shonen manga, that went on far longer than they should have.

>mc humping walls per episode
No thanks.

I'm going to need a source on that, if possible. With the little interaction I've had with editing, they largely check for grammatical errors and help the author realize his ideal vision, whether that be by cutting/adding or changing up sentence structure to make the words flow slightly better. They work WITH the author, not ABOVE him. Is it completely different in Japan?

I'll never read LNs, read something from a real writer like Brandon Sanderson

>No isekai where the protagonist recognizes all of the nonsensical isekai tropes in the new world and questions what's going on.
>He finds out that an OP as fuck Isekai protag other than him had been through in the past,
>He has to fix all of the problems that resulted from the other protagonist declaring the clergy of the formerly dominant religion corrupt and destroying it, introducing a bunch of anachronistic tech from modern day into a medieval fantasy world, and working to change everything from the monetary system to how the law treats adventurers to be more in line with a Proper Isekai world

Of course it's different, if it weren't for editors, certain manga and LNs wouldn't be as long as they are.
More importantly chief editors don't want popular series to end because of obvious reasons like revenue and lack of decent replacement to fill in magazine spot.

>wanting to destroy technological progress
Why would you do that?

no matter how bad at writing you are, you can atleast rival some isekai webnovels

>He finds out that an OP as fuck Isekai protag other than him had been through in the past,
First thing I thought of was Konosuba.

1) You're exaggerating their role.
2) You're describing a manga magazine, not a LN.

Sanderson's books read like a LN with an actual author behind them.

That being said there are decent LNs out there, they're just few and far between.

That sounds like a worse pandering than the usual harem.

>WHAT IF I'M BOTH THE VILLAIN AND THE ANTAGONIST, WOULDN'T THAT BE AWESOME?

Yeah, I'm exaggerating that DB would have ended with Freeza if it weren't for an editor.

That spider lightnovel was kinda like that. I stopped reading at that point because it was written cluncky as fk. Or maybe im just stupid.

>BOTH THE VILLAIN AND THE ANTAGONIST
Most antagonists are written as villains, so I don't see why it's so hard to be both, unless you mistyped.

Antabaka-gonist.

Meant protagonist instead of villain. Apologies.

Where is that qt nun from?

What is the one in the pic?

It is okay, user. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't becoming a complete idiot and mistaking words.

What if there was an isekai story where the protagonist is simultaneously reincarnated into the body of every individual in a fairly large fantasy world?

WoT anime when?

Wait a second.... where have I heard this before?

Need I remind you that people consider that game to be a masterpiece?

fug

I liked both System Shock games and Bioshock 1 too. I can't believe what they did with Infinite.

Okay enough. Go back to Sup Forums.

Where is this image from?
Yandex ain't helping.

Have you ever thought that it may sounds good in your head, but it actually pretty bland and you're just following a trend that would died out someday without being original?

Have you ever thought of that?

OP you should capitalize on this idea before someone else gets rich off on it

tha's fucking konosuba

Dealing with "true" heroes with op item/powers, mostly idiots who cause trouble
Dealing with gods and cults, mostry idiots who cause trouble
introducing modern stuff
cheating the wannabe rpg/quest system

He's only in the second world for like half a chapter, but this one has 3
The Death Mage Who Doesn’t Want a Fourth Time

But isekai webnovels are actually written good.

>But isekai webnovels are actually written good.
What the fuck am I reading?

Have you tried writing an isekai webnovel? It reads worse than what the nips put out.

All that it matters is that it sounds good in my head. Why should I care like it's high literature? Isekai is the best at getting it to sound good in my head.

Yeah, they're written just as well as that sentence.

LN's with Full Dive VRMMOs but not isekai like Infinite Dendrogram and Only Sense Online?

>I'm a beta tester reicarnated at an isekai, where do i report the bugs?
Can somebody give a longer title?

I'm a Beta Tester Randomly Transported Inside of the Game I Was Testing, But Now There Are a Lot of Bugs in Need of Fixing: Where Do I Report These and How Do I Get Back to My World, Where I am a NEET?

I'm Playing This New Game as a Beta Tester But I Got Sucked Into The World After Discovering a New Major Bug And Trying To Report It And Now I'm Making Use of That Bug To Try To Return To My World Where I'm a NEET To Finish Writing My Report.

>isekai

Doubtful, most all online prose in the west is classified as autistic fanfiction, regardless of its writing quality. You won't find success in trying a LN route as the culture isn't oriented towards that. You'd be better off with a non-serious web comic

>Now, you're probably wondering what I'm gonna need all this speed for...

this is literally a thing already elf tensei I think

>Protag builds speed for twelve hours to clip to end of dungeon without fighting boss

Goddammit, I just started reading that, Is at least good?

>Watashi wa bētatesutā to shite kono atarashī gēmu o shite imasuga, watashi wa sekai ni suikoma remashita atarashī ōkibona bagu o hakken shi, sore o hōkoku shiyou to shite imasu soshite ima watashi wa watashi no sekai ni modotte miru tame ni sono bagu o shiyō shite imasu watashi no repōto no sakusei o oeru tame no nīto

WataNEET for short.

Yeah, you start to get the feeling that Aqua dumping idiots with overpowered abilities and items into the world caused more strife than the Demon King ever did.

Demon King is another otherworlder who just have nothing to do.

More like a Crimson Mage member that took roleplay a little too far.

Scumzuma.

Crimson Demon, get it right.

>2017
>no isekai series where a guy gets stuck in his own shitty wrestling fed and the only way to get out is winning the belts from the weird OP CAWs that he created

I read the first few chapter of a WN (LN?) witht his premise.
>Kono Sekai ga Game dato Ore dake ga Shitte Iru
It's got a manga adaption. Haven't read that, but I'm guessing that's it.

>you're not allowed to like pulp!

Never because some random company holds all the rights to producing wheel of time media

They made a pilot episode as an attempt at a tv series that would compete with GoT
It's shit

Which do you prefer Sup Forums:

A. VR MMO where you can die for real
B. Isekai

*pilot episode of a live action series

youtube.com/watch?v=7ZOCCEuROPk

ISEKAI
S
E
K
A
I

DEATH MARCH.
MC killed the most powerful right of the bat because of hax. The only problem he has now is how to have sex without getting cockblocked by lolis.

Actually isekai is my guilty pleasure. I love it, but I don't think there are many that are particularly well written.
But pulp is unforgivable

the only reason i like Desu machi, even though its up there for the cheesiest isekai, is because its just completely lax and is now just about a guy training a party of daughterus

Death March is great, there are just way too many characters.

>no isekai where the MC gets reincarnated from a fantasy world to the real world

isekai is one hell of a guilty pleasure.

because of how bad it is and how much it memes on top of itself, you just have to accept that its shit at a point.

>writing your own Isekai
Why bother when people would shit on it just for being Isekai?

it still has an audience, that will mostly laugh at how bad it is.

>training a party of daughterus
Until they can solo demon lord-tier enemies.

So the fanbase is tsundere?

yeah, they love it but will never publicly admit that their love is true.

Needs more Tama & Pochi, I'm currently half-through vol.14 but still no real focus on them.

>subpar LN
come on, it's pretty funny.
I was grinning during the part that showed pic related.

>a speedrun thread
>not posting speedruns
Post speedruns
youtube.com/watch?v=eJhvSjMH-zY

this isn't Sup Forums, nor a speed run thread, this is an isekai thread.

Plot twist:The MMO is the real world while the real world is actually a game called Boring Existence Simulation.

I haven't read any pulp that's as bad as isekai.

>not Kuudere

im surprised more genre mixing hasnt gone on

>be MC in modern tokyo or whatever
>zombie apocolypse happens
>mc about to die to horde cornering him
>gets Isekai'd by backing up and falling into a chute or some dumb shit
>cute elf girl finds him in meadow and lets him stay with her and her family for time being
>infection follows him through blood left on his jacket
>the mom gets some on a cut she got while making dinner, when she goes to clean MC-kun's clothes
>she gets up super early that morning not feeling well and goes to town for goods
>MC wakes up a little later at like 11 or 12
>everyone seems to be out of the house
>he looks outside
>RickGrimes.jpg

and the worst part is that he didnt get laid before it all went down

Any isekai that focuses on being a thieving rogue ?

In all of isekai stories have one ever actually find a fucking way out/return???