ITT: AOTS contenders only

ITT: AOTS contenders only.

I'm going to be honest here. These are the only shows that have done anything but disappoint me:
>Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen
>Kobayashi-san Chi no Maidragon
>Onihei
>Demi-chan wa Kataritai
>ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka

Besides these the season has be one shitfest after another,

Did you even try watching any other shows? It sounds like you only watch the most hipsterish shit that MAL recommends you.

>hipsterish shit
As expected of a Youjofag.

I'm really hoping that Onihei gets better, since right now, it's not really hooking me like I hoped. The rest of your list, I'm sort of behind save for Demi-chan. Rakugo is going to be towards the top of this season if the other season was anything to go off of and ACCA has a really interesting premise. I'm quite enjoying it so far, but we'll have to see how it progresses over the season.

>I only like mature anime for mature individuals such as myself

Maybe you should try branching out once in your life and being less of a stuck up prick about your approach to your own hobby?

Pic unrelated?

Kobayashit is trash.

AOTS in the category of shorts

>demi-chan and maid dragon
>hipster shit

I normally give every show this season at least one episode to try them out. I'm still watching 22 of them. Likely gonna prune down to 20.

>"I'm still watching 22 of them."
>has rakugo and maidragon as #1 and #2

I do not believe you.

>thinking that anything this season is better than Rakugo
I bet KonoSuba or Gabriel DropOut are your top two of this season.

Boohoo someone has different tastes than you
List your top two

>Babby getting mad when people say his babby show is shit
It's shit.

Shows I am watching this season:
>ACCA
>Ao no Exorcist
>Demi-chan
>Fuuka
>Gabrial Dropout
>Hand Shakers
>Maid Dragon
>Konosuba
>Kuzu no Honkai
>LWA
>Masamune-kun
>Onihei
>Rewrite S2
>Seiren
>Rakugo
>Youjo Senki
>Pedal
>Sangatsu
>All Out
>Tiger Mask
>Nyanko-days
>Nanbaka

I was wrong. I included the stuff from last season, but did not include them in what I enjoyed. I am enjoying Sangatsu and Tiger Mask.

The other shows are varying degrees of disappointing.

Also my list was not in a particular order. My most intrigued thus far of the season is ACCA the Rakugo, then Demi-chan, then Maid Dragon, then Onihei.

Rakugo is an average show getting fellated by Sup Forums because it doesn't fall into the categories of cute girls or your usual action garbage

It's gonna save anime.

Kill yourself son of a bitch.

>likes ACCA, maid dragon, onihei, demi, rakugo, sangatsu, and tiger mask
I can't find any consistency with this taste, it doesn't make any sense.

I bet you watched Saki without understanding the rules of mahjong, and Joshiraku without understanding any of the humor, too. You seem like the typical Japanese anime fan who rates something he doesn't understand highly and calls it "deep and complex" for the sole reason that it's beyond you.

Unironically this. It's better than I could've ever imagined.

Are you even watching it?

little sales academia is pure garbage

>m-muh western pandering
>muh disney
hahahaha faggots

>>ACCA
>>Ao no Exorcist
Once again, the first two you listed are nowhere near being the #1 or #2 anime for this season. Not that ACCA is bad, but this is the top of your list? What the fuck is wrong with your taste?

See I don't get this reasoning when dragon maid and demi-chan are also in his top five and they're cute girls + comedy

Eat shit, cocksucker.

Maidragon is unironically better than anything else this season.

I've never watched Saki or Joshiraku and I enjoy Rakugo because it's a well-written character drama. Would you like me to write an essay on why I like Rakugo?

I don't care what you say. I know everybody here secretly wanted a Harry Potter anime made by Trigger.

Nice joke, faggot.

I didn't, so you're wrong.

I didn't list them in any particular order those are just what I am watching.

If I had to put an order to what I am looking forward to the most thus far this season it goes:
ACCA > Rakugo > Demi > Maid Dragon > Onihei

This is not including carry overs from last season.

LWA is up there as well, as well as Fuuka and Pedal.

The things I am closest to dropping is Ao no Exorcist and Hand Shakers.

Youjo Senki is #1 for me. For #2, I can't decide and I have a feeling that I won't know for sure until the season is over. KonoSuba and Gabriel Dropout are the most fun so far, but both are susceptible to losing steam when the jokes get old.

>Would you like me to write an essay on why I like Rakugo?
You should always be writing essays on Sup Forums when responding to someone you disagree with. Where do you think you are?

>>>MAL

I'm curious what other's anons tops are. Only one person has been brave enough to post theirs.

>nobody listing the Strike the Blood II OVAs

You do realize that they are being released as we speak, right?

Fair enough.

1. Maidragon
2. Meidoragon
3. Maid Dragon
4. Dragon Maid
5. ACCA
6. LWA
7. Gabriel Fuckout
8. Urara
9. Demi-shit
10.KonoSuba

We had a thread a couple nights ago, but a mod trashed it randomly for some reason and then trashed the replacement thread that someone made after they realized the thread had been deleted. Most people like LWA and Gabriel. Lots of hidden Akiba Trip fans, although I can't figure out why they would rank it as their #1.

Sadly nothing comes close to this.
Eat shit moefags.

1. LWA
2. Rakugo
3. Maid Dragon

>MAL is anything I don't like
I think you should go check again how MAL ranks this season bucko

>I love shit!

To what a mobile phone background?

Keep it up user, and one day you might be reborn as a loli salaryman in a shitty anime.

I don't even know what the fuck that is.

Chronicles of light
Tanya the Evil

That's about it unless you're into sol which I don't think should be mentioned for aoty or aots

Not gonna lie, Youjo Senki is putting all other shows of this season to shame. Episode 2 and 3 were fucking amazing.

The problem with LWA is that it's too Trigger for my tastes, people might like it for that reason but I personally hate their style, specially how they handle characters.

yeah, you're missing out on those stitches

Kill yourself bastard.

Youjo Senki
LWA
Maid Dragon
Nyanko Days
Gabriel Dropout
Demi Chan
Fuuka
Seiren
One Room
Onihei
Urara Labyrinth
waiting for BangG Dream
These are standard watch for Sup Forumsnon. ACCA and Rakugay are fujoshit. Must be avoided.

>>>MAL

Why do people bring up sales like in a thread that is all about personal tastes? Are there really anons here that can't like something if it isn't selling well?

I agree watching Maid Dragon is more like being a masochist than a hipster. It's like their goal was to make an anime that makes normal people feel like they have ADHD.

I agree with all of these.

Rakugo
ACCA
ClassicaLoid
Onihei
Urarararararararara (mostly for the midriff fanservice)

projecting: the post

>implying AOTS is all about personal tastes

Kill yourself immediately.

>muh yaoi Rakugo voice and bromance ntr shit.

Bet you loved YaoI

Yes and it's the best anime since Tatami Galaxy.
Gobble up your moeshit forever.

Do you know what projecting means, ESLfag?

Those all suck

I wish I weren't such a bitch so that I could.

Based on the general speed and consistency of the threads, I'd say the big contenders this season are:

>Youjo Senki
>Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
>KonoSuba
>Little Witch Academia

Then again, we're not at "STUNNING TWIST" episodes yet, so that list could expand if one of the other series pulls some shocker that gets all of Sup Forums screaming to the heavens that it's AOTS.

Did you miss the constant spamming of Gabriel Dropout threads over the past two weeks?

you mean the dozens of threads that never reached bump limit spammed by one or two people?

I'm guessing that you haven't tried watching it yet and aren't aware that this character is even from that anime.

back to tumblr

>I can't figure out why they would rank it as their #1.
In my case it's because episode 3 was absolutely hilarious, way better than any other comedy this season. Also because it's a weak season, there is a handful of good shows and a lot of mediocre ones.

>Youjo Senki
>Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
>KonoSuba
>Little Witch Academia
Good job listing the most popular shows, but you forgot Gabriel Dropout.

Is anyone else looking forward to the Granblue Fantasy OVA simply so they can have a voice and personality to put with all the art and figures from this franchise? I have pic related on the way to me right now and I've never played the game or have any concept of the source material outside of Asanagi's doujin involving the characters from this.

Plenty of threads have reached bump limit. Someone's being selective.

NYANKO
IS
LOVE

>Gabriel Dropout
Oh, sorry, guess I just missed those.

I guess I'll go watch that one now too then. Can't miss out on any of Sup Forums's shitposting over the most popular series.

Gabriel Dropout is a pile of shit

I only watched a handful, but my favorites in order so far:
>Kobayashi's Dragon Maid.
>Youjo Seki
>ACCA
>Gabriel Drop Out
>LWA

LWA is pretty lame.

I include it in the "mediocre" shows I mentionned. But the guy was apparently making a list of popular shows, and it's definitely one.

Okay, just went and watched the first two episodes of it.

I don't see it getting farther than the usual comedy shows.

Fact is, it has none of the style of LWA, none of the gorgeous animation of Dragon Maid, and non of the story potential of the other series this season.

It's just another slice of life comedy without anything really standout.

I'm a kyoani fan ever since but I gotta hand off this season to NUT

Slice of life anime isn't always comedy. This is a comedy. It stands out from the crowd because the characters are designed to maximize their "gap moe" for comedy, which is just to say that they are designed as contradictions of viewer expectation, which is humorous. This lets the show use the the joker and straight man comedy routine to great effect. Plus, the characters are all cute and sexy, so when the jokes don't work, you still have eye candy.

Eh, i'll admit it's funny.
Like, I get the appeal of shows like it and Nichijou and whatnot.
But I still don't think any comedy like that could actually end up AOTS simply because they don't really try to be anything more.

Again, closest to it in the current popular anime this season is Dragon Maid, which is another SoL comedy with fantasy beings trying to mix in with humanity.
But Dragon Maid has
>above average animation/sakuga moments
>more potential for story depth with how it's handling the relation between mankind and dragons
>more overtly sexual/pandering tones to it, which in turn will naturally lead to horny faggots giving it higher ratings.

Gabriel's ED was kinda sexual, but overall the characters are more cute than sexual while Dragon Maid spread into more of a balance.

I never said it was my AOTS. I said Youjo Senji is AOTS. However, I rate the writing in Gab to be much, much higher than Maid Dragon. Once you get past the gimmick of "lel, it's a dragon girl who has a one sided lesbianic crush on a japanese office worker woman," there's barely anything behind the curtains.

>But Dragon Maid has
>above average animation/sakuga moments
That's what happens when an anime is picked up by Kyoto Animation. Being able to separate "good" from just "looks good" is part of being a grown-up.
>more potential for story depth with how it's handling the relation between mankind and dragons
I don't understand what you're saying here. Story depth? I thought we agreed that this was a slice of life. Story depth is neither required nor expected. Same goes with Gab.
>more overtly sexual/pandering tones to it, which in turn will naturally lead to horny faggots giving it higher ratings.
Again, "good" vs. "looks good." Let's move beyond our baser instincts and initial reactions.

yowa pedal needs to be up there, but this is a good list

I haven't really seen much in Gab's writing to really call good aside from the jokes.

The idea of what animation looks good is something subjective, so I could get you finding Dragon Maid lacking in some substance.

But what isn't subjective is that Dragon Maid at least is trying to be a comedy that also has it's touching/serious moments so far.
It takes moments to not just set up for some joke and instead take a look at things with some amount of weight.
That's what I meant by story depth.

Gabriel so far has been purely a comedy.
It's like comparing a stand up act to a sitcom.
Whether or not you care about that distinction though, is also subjective.

No, the distinction is one between a sitcom and a sitcom-drama where the sitcom-drama has a lot of high profile celebrities starring in it to distract you from the facts that the jokes suck and the drama is shallow.

Demi-Chan is high contender
Tanya turned out better than expected, I think the voice acting and kyoani style screen effects saved it
Konosuba is exactly what I expected so its up there too.

...sooooo... a thread of Dragon Maid and nothing else?

NEET virgincucks need not apply.

Handy Shakers

Everything else a shit

Demi-chan is honestly boring. The scenes with vampire-chan are great, but every other scene is a snoozefest.

>Maidragon. Most technically sound production this season visually (Trigger can't even compete). More heartwarming and healing than comedic. Good ED, great soundtrack.
>Kuzu no Honkai. Very atmospheric, enjoyable to watch the walking scumbags that is the cast, somewhat decent-ish soundtrack, best OP/ED.
>Demi-chan. Brilliant characters, intent on exploring the potential of its settings, non-faggot male MC, good ED.
>LWA. If seems to retain the charm of the first OVA, but the soundtrack is a bit lacking, mediocre OP/ED, and personally I'm not a fan of the color palette.

It's honestly a toss up between those four. Depends on how LWA develops it can take it or break it.

None of those are AOTS material, sadly. Especially not Maid Dragon.

What do you consider AOTS material, then? Konosuba?

Even if Maidragon isn't AOTS it'll still end up the as best looking show, at least.

>What do you consider AOTS material, then?