Why haven't you learned to draw yet anons...

Why haven't you learned to draw yet anons? Last thread was very informative so I wanted to have at least another thread for the weekend.

Other urls found in this thread:

flockmod.com/a
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just visit the drawthreads or /ic/

>/ic/

Don't do this, unless you want to spend next 20 years drawing lines and circles instead of anime and manga

tell me, what are anime characters made up of?

>Why haven't you learned to draw yet anons?
I'm lazy

What's the point if you can't draw anything BUT sexy anime girls? Are you gonna turn the pavement, trees, etc all into them?

It seems to be working well for Japan.

Why the hell not? Kancolle is doing very well isn't it?

>bottom-left

you can either draw the anime characters or draw 10000 circles and lines training practises, /ic/s way is most boring way to learn how to draw.

I'm still learning, and I can say that spending at least 2 hours a day for it will be enough, but only if you can recognize your mistakes and dedicate toward fixing them.

To those other anons out there still learning, don't lose hope. Unless you're one of those people who refuse to listen to advice and good criticisms.

The thing that surprises me the most about anime is the backgrounds which are often really nice relative to the speed and quantity anime is made.
I am learning to draw, have been drawing every day since the year started.
>Last thread was very informative so I wanted to have at least another thread for the weekend.
Link to that thread?

I bet you could make a lucrative career drawing smut to that effect

>tracing
Stop doing that. Using references is cool. Try redrawing manga panels is good. Tracing is not.

>10,000 circles
Where did this dumb misconception come from? If you consciously avoid chicken-scratch lines, regular old life drawing will improve your line work just fine.

My hands are too shaky to use a mouse, I can't afford a good tablet and I can't pull myself away from a computer long enough to spend sizable portions of time drawing on paper.

Because god decided to dump all my talent points into music instead.

>>that profile
Am I the only one tired of seeing the nose and mouth deformed to resemble a snout? How is that easier and faster to draw?

>Try redrawing manga panels is good. Tracing is not.
I redrew them in paint, with a mouse.
I never realized that the wordsTracing and Redrawing meant two different things when it comes to illustrating things.
I guess you learn new things everyday.

>he can't sketch while shitposting
Pleb.

But I can't draw a nice circle and all my humans look like inflatable dolls with cubistic heads and breasts.

>forest of sexy anime girls
YES!

Show your work.

I suck at explaining, but it's like this, tracing is having the original panel in a layer, then drawing on another layer on top of the first layer exactly like how it was originally drawn. Redrawing is conveying what your eyes see onto a blank layer.

I do learn.

>Why haven't you learned to draw yet anons?
How do I start?

Same. And i'm a stupid prick who wont cultivate this

I can pay people to do that,

If anything more people need to learn how to fucking write. I'm tired of seeing some talented artist mess up their fucking story by being a stupid mother fucker.

One Punch Man and Mob Psycho 100 was really good even though the art was crap. Heck when you think about it, Dragonball originally had crappy art too, as well as One Piece!

The art sure is SUPER important but it will get no where if the artist doesn;t develop their writing or if the artist doesn't suck up their stupid pride and draw for a writer that has put all their thought and effort into crafting a good story. Artists really need to work with writers some more of they want to be successful. If you look at all the webcomics on the "Webtoons" app that has a lot of artists that do the drawing and writing, many are painful to read. The artist has a good idea, but they're using their time poorly by drawing their fantasy. In my opinion, if an artist has a story they want to tell, they should write the story and give it to another artist to draw instead of doing it themselves. Maybe they could draw the character designs in the beginning, but really they should focus on making a story then getting someone else to draw for them. That'll make the content so much better!

Of course, there are some exceptions, like Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and such, but even then there were a great many plot holes that could've easily been caught if one person's primary focus was writing and another was drawing.

tl;dr version
In the early stages, the author is always equal or more important than the illustrator

Get a paper and a pencil and start doodling.

The mouth part of the skull actually juts out more than you might think; combined with exaggerated upturned noses for cuteness, and you get "anime muzzle"

Draw anime butts. All day everyday.

>I can't pull myself away from a computer long enough to spend sizable portions of time drawing on paper
Now you're just making excuses

Yeah, I did the latter.
The word "redraw" just didn't enter my mind for some reason.

Sometimes, I wonder why my brain's so retarded.

more.

I used to take pictures of my model wood people and trace them, then add a bunch of details for them! It worked like a charm!

A lot of Yuri on Ice shots in the animation were done with tracing actual figure skating as well!

Tracing is a great way to make your characters, I support tracing, but it does limit you! If you become rather well paid you could start hiring people to model shots for you and you can make some impressive art from tracing the photographs.

I started learning how to draw this year. I'll report back in December if you make another thread.

But I did
Too bad I draw absolutely obscene stuff for the last year or so, so I don't even have anything I can post on a christian imageboard

The work of a good artist writer will always be superior to the work of a good artist drawing something a good writer told him to.

Because the artist writer gets to put on paper the story exactly the way he imagined it, while having separate artist and writer can lead to some discrepancies between how the writer imagined a scene and how the artist interpreted it. You are putting more filters and obstacles between the concept of a work and the final result.

So please refrain from making objective yet factually incorrect statements such as
>That'll make the content so much better!

How long does it take to reach the 5th Mastery from Level -1 (I haven't hold a pencil since elementary school)?

Your whole life.

Tracing limited your imagination, and just by tracing, you won't be able to learn some fundamental things in drawing like proper anatomy, layout and posing and stuff.

because it earns you the most money. go look at patreon accounts of artists who draw exclusively sexy anime girls and earning hundreds of thousands of dollars per year vs those who draw pavement and trees, it will really make your neurons fire

Those mastery levels look like a year of proper studies to me
So, at least 5
t. 2nd mastery at 4 years of drawing, so you can cut mine in half cause I was a full-time CS student

Censor nips and genitals, and you should be fine,

Basically this I've been practicing drawing for 4 years and I'm only confident enough to say I'm at lv3.

3rd transitioning to 4th reporting in

By my estimate, probably 1 or 2 years.

Realistically speaking? Depending on how much time and dedication you put into it. Let's say, spend 10 hours a day, and you can achieve it in a year or less.

Well, I better start off right now if I want to make lewd drawings of the Tokyo Olympics mascots in time. Thanks.

This thread made me sketch a thing. I like to think that I'm decent at drawing faces, because I really like drawing expressions and hair. I have a decent grasp of anatomy too but, if I draw digitally, it tends to be pretty shit and takes forever because I get really autistic in trying to draw every line perfectly because of how easy it is to undo. Whereas if I just doodle something on paper it tends to come off pretty easily, quickly, and looks smoother.

What do I do then? I really want to improve my digital art but fuck, I take literal days doing a single, simple piece.

meant for

Its not like tracing a few things stopped them from actually learning these things though. if they cared about their skill, they could take it back to the basics

Because Yuno-sensei threads were five years ago.
;_;

That's no good, user. That's only my excuse for not drawing is that I'm too busy or more interested in other forms of art.
Just keep a guitar/keyboard/practice pad/whatever next to you and practice while you're watching anime or waiting for (you)'s. Or keep a notepad or DAW program open at all times for jotting down lyrics or compositions.

If you just learn to let yourself be immersed into your passion for something, practice becomes it's own sort of catharsis and satisfaction, like getting good at a video game or reading philosophy.

And you have to add on painting/coloring skills. You can be a marvel at line art but a shitty painter.

10 hours is also a great way to burn out hard. You have to either be incredibly disciplined or some kind of autistic savant.

Take a photo of your doodle and try to trace it digitally?

Tracing just a few things won't hurt, but just tracing instead of proper drawing won't help anyone refine their drawing skill.

I haven't practiced for a few weeks and this thread gave me the motivation to keep going, need to get back to doing it daily. Thanks.

Alright, let's do this. Show me how good you are
flockmod.com/a

What the fuck is wrong with her arms