Storytime: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Road to Darkside of Dimensions

Since there's a new YGO movie releasing next month here in the west, I thought it would be cool to dump the original manga which the movie is based off of. For those of you who only ever watched the anime, I highly recommend reading the manga as it's much darker and better written than the anime was imo. There's also none of the fillers you have to deal with. Since the movie is releasing on Jan 27, 2017, I will dump one volume a day leading up to its release.

Memory World continues in volume 34.

Other urls found in this thread:

yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Diabound_Kernel
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Chapter 297

Chapter 298

So like, why can Bakura fly?

Kaiba met his waifu

Chapter 299

Bakura is having a blast remembering the good times.

Chapter 300

Yugi and crew can do it too. The world is fake. Yugi and crew got into the world by flying, they'd just rather walk. They'll fly again later.

>Slifer

>Osiris

Make up your mind.

Huh? Wh-What was that noise?

Is Diabound a real card now?

Chapter 301

yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Diabound_Kernel

it sucks

Does every manga use Goku's Kamehameha launching trick? Didn't expect to see it in YGO

loving that cover artwork, would make a cool badge pin or a cool stained glass image.

well, now this confirms how bakura's eating habits have been the same for over 3000 years.

Daibound is the most bullshit monster in Yugioh. Just random abiltiies out the ass

Chapter 302

if anyone needs any more proof that this guy is NOT kaiba, well, here it is.

DEATH-T kaiba has done Horrible things, but im pretty sure kidnapping and torturing dozens of people for research purposes is not one of them.

Jakuten wa nai.

I didn't expect that bakura would be the final boss.

>if anyone needs any more proof that this guy is NOT kaiba, well, here it is.
>
>DEATH-T kaiba has done Horrible things, but im pretty sure kidnapping and torturing dozens of people for research purposes is not one of them.
Kaiba did the exact same thing to get all the Blue Eyes cards

It's amazing just how different the original Yugioh manga is to the modern anime, isn't it?

Yeah, especially this arc. The anime version was half assed and poorly done, making every fight like the card game when it's supposed to be actual monster battles, and the art and animation was ass. Only thing I liked was the Ceremonial Duel.

Was referring to Arc-V and the Sixth Series by the 'Modern Anime' comment.

MUUUUUUUUUUT

well, in order to get his BEWDs, kaiba did:

>give shittons of money or super rare cards to people for the cards

and when that didnt work

>extorted people violently
>leave people in crippling bankrupcy, or charged them as criminals.

Yugi and Joey were invited to DEATH-T, Tristan was around the place at the time, Tea was working there at the time.

Gramps WAS kidnapped and tortured, but it was ONE person, not dozens as Priest Seto is doing here.

At least Seto only captured criminals and thugs, those people deserved to be tortured.
Death-T Kaiba hired professional killers to kill his own innocent classmates as an amusement and even put his own brother in a penalty game.
You tell me which one is worse

Seto is doing it to protect his kingdom. Kaiba was doing it purely out of selfish reason
Not that it makes Seto right, but it makes Kaiba even more of an asshole than Seto

OK, you got me there...

Chapter 303

Damn, Bakura is a complete monster. We only saw him doing petty killings and beatdowns, but here he's much worse than Yami Marik

I like how you can already see a subtle changes in Ra's design

>Millennium Ring + Diabound = Ridiculously powerful
>Millennium Puzzle + Obelisk = Bakura is still alive and walking around without issue

O-okay, Kaz.

Nah, both Obelisk and Osiris can beat Diabond in a straight fight without problems, Bakura only beat Osiris because he cheated
But seriously, Atem really should have just summoned Ra from the beginning, God Phoenix would have killed Bakura on spot and the memory arc would have been finished in last volume.

So what happened in the real version of these events? Did Atem just immediately summon Ra instead of using Slifer?

Have to step out for a bit, be back soon

never said iirc
Probably never even plotted out in entirety and changed as the manga developed

You'll see what likely happened soon.

When I first read this, I thought Bakura and Bakura were talking to each other or something. That would have be a fun team-up.

Ra: I HEARD YOU WERE TALKING SHIT! LIKE I WOULD NOT NOTICE!