Neon Genesis Evngelion next movie

Hello, Sup Forums !
I recently finished watching the Neon Genesis Evangelion series an movies, and I have to say it was pretty cool, but when I checked the wikipedia page out of interest for trivia or stuff, I saw another movie (called 3.0 + 1.0) was planned for august of this year.
So here are my questions :

-What do you think about the movies ?

-What do you anticipate/expect from the 3.0+1.0 movie ?

Lurk for two years before posting, newfag.

the movies are shit compared to the original tv series and EoE

the 1.0 2.0 and 3.0 movies ? Im not talking about "The End of Evangelion" huh, what's so bad ? I thought the animation was pretty good and so far the scenario could make sense.

If the best thing you can say about a scenario is that it "could make sense" then there's already a problem.

i hope 3+1 has a happy ending

It could make sense if the 3.0+1.0 explains some of the questions we still have regarding what happened in between the 2.0 and 3.0, that's what im saying.

And I hope he never makes it. I hope the movie gets cancelled halfway through production. Then someone else can pick it up ten years later, finish it and turn it into a hommage. That's the only way we can get our happy ending.

not the non you responded to but why ?

So you're saying it's bad, but might be decent if something not sure yet to appear connects the dots?

If Shin Godzilla means anything, he can still film some sick EVA. The problem is that he wants to piss EVA fans or he hates it or I don't know.

Because someone trying to live up to a standard will aim for perfection. He (or she) will see Anno's work as something that needs to be surpassed and paid credit to. Anno will just see it as work, as something he's tired of doing.

3.0 was bad because it's mostly setup for 4.0, which was meant to be released right after.

I swear on my balls that something like pic related is going to happen

b8

>tfw I know exactly what that ending means
If he does that I'll just find him and shove hardcover copy of anima up his hairy ass
If that faggot decided to milk his own daughter than he should at least let her be happy for once

1.0 and 2.0 are fine, not better than watching the series but still enjoyable and not bad. 3.0 however, it's a fucking disaster.

I am saying i cannot determine if the scenario makes sense until I see what happens next, but the animation and characters (except for one) etc are all good for me.

As says, its mostly setup, so it wasnt supposed to be a great movie itself. But I have to admit some character and scenes are really useless.

It jumps the shark with the fights and the spinning flying ship. But appart from that I did not really hate it that much. 2.0 butchers some iconic scenes in my opinion. And well there is also the no-character development/character murdering that is common in the entire Rebuild.

Miyazaki has terrible naming sense(still beats most isekai authors though)

Yeah I see your point, what scenes are you thinking of ?

I hate the new third impact. Not only as a third impact compared with EoE, but for the way EVA-01 gets the S2.
EVA going feral was greatly done in NGE. In Rebuild when they go feral, they grow a fucking tail.

Also what do you guys think of Mari ? she doesn't have any real backstory plus she really is unnecessary, think about it : would it have changed much to the story if she wasn't here at first ? Maybe Anno wanted to make it an important part of the story that there are 4/5 eva pilots depending on how you count. And so, he needed one to replace the lack of Suzuhara as a pilot in the movies.

Yeah I really don't know why, maybe Anno got this idea and wanted to try it, end result is not my taste either.

People didn't like Touji very much. No idea why, he's an interesting character with a clear motivation. Mari was supposed to be Asuka 2.0, someone anyone could like. Only it didn't really work.

What is his motivation ? To protect his sister or did I miss something I feel retarded right now, could you explain ?

Eva was shit and you're a newfag, kill yourself.