Maybe this belongs on Sup Forums, but what music best captures the spirit of Western Civilization? Bands...

Maybe this belongs on Sup Forums, but what music best captures the spirit of Western Civilization? Bands, movie soundtracks, etc. What stands out to you as especially Western?

I've noticed that the Talos Principle soundtrack definitely gives me that vibe.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eqksy-991sI
youtube.com/watch?v=U7b24kUNJOk
youtube.com/watch?v=szJq1lwnkNw
youtube.com/watch?v=UyjzqPPXDcw
youtube.com/watch?v=CBwh1OXw6uI
youtube.com/watch?v=quMgY08jDf4
youtube.com/watch?v=Ok9tofNmqNY
youtube.com/watch?v=8i60ZPhuCw4
youtube.com/watch?v=pU6e4HWXv5k
youtube.com/watch?v=YAkkhqOVDQc
youtube.com/watch?v=wO89_H7GqaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=p01w8MpOkxM
youtu.be/Mwx3RvDWvDM
youtube.com/watch?v=5Y6twOTa7gA
youtube.com/watch?v=YKPK3CINlWU
youtube.com/watch?v=Y-2maNOq0LA
youtube.com/watch?v=pBNrw0OQDj8&t=5m53s
youtube.com/watch?v=nvWADo6KPzA
youtube.com/watch?v=bnMAh-0wmhg
youtube.com/watch?v=5Frq7rjEGzs
youtube.com/watch?v=JF18PG0-NUU
youtu.be/xaRNvJLKP1E?t=666
youtube.com/watch?v=UAmUQieNFSc
youtube.com/watch?v=zGl_UXc9HIE
youtube.com/watch?v=bMitPNH5PTQ&t=1m
youtube.com/watch?v=4DTXAGGPFrw
youtube.com/watch?v=YWUXuIfpTmg
youtube.com/watch?v=w9bNMAyjwLg
youtube.com/watch?v=nT7_IZPHHb0
youtube.com/watch?v=rxUszmrSn6A
youtube.com/watch?v=OPfxfO4NG1E
youtube.com/watch?v=k90bcBy_vzg
youtube.com/watch?v=rg-ppsyTGYA&t=5m43s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

John lenon

Classical

youtube.com/watch?v=eqksy-991sI

this right here. Just listen to it

Mobb Deep albums "The Infamous" and "Hell On Earth" do a good job capturing the spirit of Western Civilization.

And this
youtube.com/watch?v=U7b24kUNJOk

he was the most retarded of them all

I suppose many fantasy game soundtracks might count, or maybe even Lord of the Rings.

boards of canada

Music in general is an attack on God, because it is part of the whole "reverse engineering" of creation that is designed to build a "heaven" on Earth. It is just another drug but using a "math" instead of a "chemical reaction" (both of which represent a hollowing out of creation, divorcing it from its spiritual fullness. There is absolutely no reason to listen to music beyond the harmonies your family naturally make when raising their voices in celebration and those that God's creation makes. Everything else is an empty delusion that only takes you further from God.

This is pure Western civilization. Progressive rock from PGera Genesis, a song about Revelations. Easily one of my favorite endings to a song. A bit long but worth it.
youtube.com/watch?v=szJq1lwnkNw

Led Zeppelin and The Doors are pure west

>Bach
mah nigga. I raise you a Schubert
youtube.com/watch?v=UyjzqPPXDcw

Reminder that this is what muslims actually believe, and why they're utterly inhuman.

Richard Wagner

I second this.

this -

youtube.com/watch?v=CBwh1OXw6uI

youtube.com/watch?v=quMgY08jDf4
Tell me this is an attack on God.

schubert is based
youtube.com/watch?v=Ok9tofNmqNY

Haendel strikes me as pretty representative of the west. In particular, Sarabande.

No, friend. You confuse the loud and mindless with the whole. Religions/philosophies/etc are just paths. The majority of humanity is mindless and loud, content to repeat verbatim what those of higher authority in their accepted peergroup have said.

>babble meaning nothing
Neat post. That retards like to talk a lot doesn't excuse the utter inhumanity of mudshits.

>Haendel strikes me as pretty representative of the west
accurate. The actual best piece of his for this is the Passacaglia played on strings, but it's not on youtube anymore.

Also accurate about humanity being mostly noise

Why are you Muslim? What is the Muslim version for representative music

youtube.com/watch?v=8i60ZPhuCw4

I'm a big fan of excalibur, and it's soundtrack.

nevermind I found one for orchestra
youtube.com/watch?v=pU6e4HWXv5k

youtube.com/watch?v=YAkkhqOVDQc
Triarii is good for a more modern style.

Damn that shit was great.

youtube.com/watch?v=wO89_H7GqaQ

Phew, Christfags and Mudslimes get btfo.

*Baroque

The whitest period in music.

Summoning's music is very European.

When I think of Classical music I think of Bach, when I read passacaglia there is only one thing that comes to mind

youtube.com/watch?v=p01w8MpOkxM

It is said not all musicians believe in god, but they all believe in Bach. If you have ever listened to the St. John Passion, if you have ever really studied his work you would understand that there is no one alive or dead comparible to the musical genius of Johann Sebastian Bach

youtu.be/Mwx3RvDWvDM

I do think Bach is a better musician than Handel, I just think he's more idiosyncratic, whereas Handel is extremely 'representative' of this particular feeling that I associate with Western cutlure.

Gondola

youtube.com/watch?v=5Y6twOTa7gA

>flag
checks out

youtube.com/watch?v=YKPK3CINlWU

Listen to the Tannhauser overture opie my man

fucking amish get out of the internet

It is an absolute shame that Bach's music admittedly doesn't have the same stature as Handel's

I don't think Bach was ever a man to appeal to the masses even in his own day his music was going out of style but he refused to go with the crowd and stayed true to his roots

Handel was a definite crowd pleaser and I say that in the nicest way possible

The masses really like a few Bach pieces though, the Air on G and the first Cello suite come to mind.

I get what you're saying in general though

Mmm. After re-listening, I can see why you would say that about Passacaglia. I suppose it is but my unresolved bias that leads me more to associate it (the west) with the... (to my mind) more somber and bittersweet melody of Sarabande. If I have understood what you said properly, I am inclined to associate Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain most with what is typical of Muslim culture. As for my being Muslim, well. It felt to be the right choice after much searching. I consider myself a religious Muslim and philosophical Daoist.

That's the thing he composed over a thousand pieces of music yet he is know for what I wouldnt consider his best work

This was a man who transcribed a 4 violin concerto for 4 harpsichords

He wrote the art of the fugue he wrote the well tempered clavier the variations on g why isn't he celebrated for this?

Fucking muslim.

I enjoyed this, burger.

Europe Awake youtube.com/watch?v=Y-2maNOq0LA

That's what I'm talking about.

youtube.com/watch?v=pBNrw0OQDj8&t=5m53s

Lots of meat in this post.

> There is absolutely no reason to listen to music beyond the harmonies your family naturally make when raising their voices in celebration and those that God's creation makes.

So you overheard your parents having sex then?

Nice try shlomosheklestein

He’s just overly Christian bait man. Leave him be.

Unironically this southern rock masterpiece.
Makes me want to pick up a southern bell in my firebird, and take her down the quarry and go skinny dipping.

youtube.com/watch?v=nvWADo6KPzA

so what the fuck was elf-san's problem anyway
did she have fake ears or what?

Bach is standard rep for almost any musician in music school. He definitely has more impact

youtube.com/watch?v=bnMAh-0wmhg

Was Michael Jackson honorary white?

youtube.com/watch?v=5Frq7rjEGzs

fuck off fucking weeb faggots

The only correct answer is classical music, fagets.

And possibly metal for when it is time for war.

youtube.com/watch?v=JF18PG0-NUU

That game. It helped me to put many things into perspective.

The Christian, Roman, and Greek elements really mesh with the music. It makes me revel in it.

youtu.be/xaRNvJLKP1E?t=666

why does the escapee never look back to understand the nature of the shadow. Most people probably would do that. but the prisoner is a dumb fucking retard and just looks at the objects. He is not using his life history as a lens of which he views these new items, when a normal person would/ I hate this fucking stupid picture

look at yourself. You're jerking off to chinese cartoon little girls. What would the Fuhrer think if he could see you now?

>what is an allegory
You're too stupid to understand even if I were to tell you.

You haven't read the republic yet have you user?

youtube.com/watch?v=UAmUQieNFSc

youtube.com/watch?v=zGl_UXc9HIE

All music after the turn of the century has nothing to do with the West. Classical music was tainted by modernism (Jews) and "popular" music is based on hedonism and the tribal drumming of niggers. By the time rock and roll even came on the scene (post WWII), the "West" was already, culturally, at its end.

I'm not looking for music that is culturally pure western, I am looking for music that captures the spirit of the west, regardless of when it was produced. Not all culturally pure music inspires the visions of greatness appropriate to the peaks of Western civilization.

keep going user, you have great taste

Lol non of you faggots listen to classicals and shit stop LARPing holy fuck.

>t. larping faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=bMitPNH5PTQ&t=1m

>t. Don't know the meaning of LARPing

>t. knows the Good Facts

youtube.com/watch?v=4DTXAGGPFrw

because its bullshit.

youtube.com/watch?v=YWUXuIfpTmg

Exactly what a stupid retard would say.

youtube.com/watch?v=w9bNMAyjwLg

Absolutely wonderful.

I still remember playing Hitler in Civ 5 for the first time and hearing Moonlight Sonata playing.

>youtube.com/watch?v=nT7_IZPHHb0

Werner Herzog movies give me that feeling, though I'm not sure its western civilization specifically. At least, it's evocative of a real civilization other then the postmodern one we always see.

>what music best captures the spirit of Western Civilization
German disco

Romantic, you pleb.

youtube.com/watch?v=rxUszmrSn6A

Nice, have a nice back.
youtube.com/watch?v=OPfxfO4NG1E

>Tell me this is an attack on God.
youtube.com/watch?v=k90bcBy_vzg

Nice.

Since it's getting late here and I have to go now, I'm closing with the Night Watchman's Song: youtube.com/watch?v=rg-ppsyTGYA&t=5m43s

Thank-you for your contributions. Elf is a beautiful waifu.

Turntablism.

Taking what is good and already existing and playing it as it's own instrument to create something new and fresh.

You Can't Always Get What You Want

anything by Sabaton