After 3 years, I just finished Monogatari season 2. Damn, it absolutely superb...

After 3 years, I just finished Monogatari season 2. Damn, it absolutely superb, and it reminded me of why I loved Bakemonogatari so much.

Also, why is Kaiki the best girl?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/FW5fBJU.jpg
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=56590754
youtube.com/watch?v=wNPyHJl9Qs0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't know man, you have to watch hana

Now you have three specials, another season and two movies left.

It's too much, to be honest.

What if I phrased it as: you have a 2-cour season that's spread around as a bunch of different shit left.

3 years? fucking basic. Watched everything in one week from Bake to Koyomi

Don't be a dick while posting my waifu.

If you think Shinobu wouldn't laugh as well, over someone this faggotish as op, than you don't know your waifu very well

i know there's a whole circlejerk over kaiki because of "le kieki best gril memay" but i genuinely love his character and just how well-written he is overall, i hope we get more of him in the future LN's

there will be more LN's?

Does this means more Monogatari Anime?

He's so much fun. Nobody else in anime has as much quirk as he does without being over the top silly or crazy.

yes, a whole new series called "monster season" with the first story being about shinobu apparently

also shaft said they'd animate monogatari in its entirety so

Why does everyone love Kaiki? I honestly found him an insufferable cunt.
I hate those shows where the adult characters are more chuuni and edgelord than the more down-to-earth teenage protags. Meme Man and his college club are easily the worst characters in this series.

The thing is you can't really label Kaiki as having a certain strict personality type. I think that's a big part of why he appeals to people - because his motives, intentions, and self in general is something that isn't blatant and straight-forward, you have to apply your own perception and try to figure that out; all with the thought in mind that everything about him could just be a lie, which makes it even more-so intriguing.

So it could be that he's only pretending to be immature and rude as fuck?
No matter his reasoning, I can't stand his "yeah, that's how I roll, bitch" kind of attitude. It's hard to put it into words. The worst part is that the other characters always put up with it.
That's the worst kind of character, the one that's insufferable as hell with his annoying quirks but the others have to put up with it because he's on the "good guys" side.

immature?

Kaiki is not that hard to understand.
He does things that benefit him but puts up till the end even if that means that he loses something in the process.

For example the Nadeko incident, he agreed to help after Senjougahara gave him the money but then followed through the end even if that meant that he would have no money at all because he gave it all to nadeko.

His charakter is someone that starts things because he gets something out of it but never stops till he accomplished his task.

I'm still gonna be annoyed if she gets associated with people being a dick.

>name is Kikey
>gives speech about money
POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y

I doubt it was that complicated. He just wanted to save Gahara's life.

Shinobu would be a bigger dick about it than I was

Except hardly anybody tolerates him. Araragi hates his guts and basically exiled him from town and would never have tolerated his help. Which is why Senjougahara had to be circumspect about asking him. And she also does not like him at all, but realized his skills would be needed.

Kaiki isn't somebody I'd call immature either. He's very rational, but has this established persona that he attempts to maintain. The situation with Sengoku put a massive strain on this persona though, because he felt an instinctual need to help Senjougahara, yet he had a hell of a time rationalizing it with his persona. His bathroom soliloquy was basically him rattling off excuses until he found one, however tenuous, that was copacetic with his professed worldview of selfishness. To me, that one scene summed up everything I love about Kaiki.

i-i want to buy bat all the donuts in the world!

d-donuts

That's what I'm trying to say, he never changes his modus operandi, I think I'm supposed to find that aspect of him cool and badass but it's not working.

Stop talking about shinobu and dicks.

>I think I'm supposed to find that aspect of him cool and badass
Not the impression I got. I found him more comical after that. The impression I got was, he is a man whose skill set is fooling people, and this includes fooling himself into thinking he is a heartless, materialistic person when he is just as motivated by emotion as anyone. Well maybe not as much as anyone, but even he has limits.

Shinobu wants all the donuts

I'll give you a Shinobu dick.
i.imgur.com/FW5fBJU.jpg

This +

This

To Araragi maybe, where she can turn some ribbing into a fun conversation.

little did you know this was my intention all along

What I'm getting from this conversation is that everyone loves Kaiki for the same reasons I hate him.

>Nadeko
>Kanbaru
>Hanekawa (?) Not sure anymore

Did you even watch the show user?

That's entirely possible, I find myself in the same situation as you but with Sengoku.

There's a difference between people being stupid in her general vicinity and people provoking her.

Is she putting it on or taking it off? Taking it off is so much hotter, but why is that?

Nadeko a shit

I agree, and when I listen to people describe what they like about her they just list the exact reasons I hate her.

Intend this. pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=56590754

And whats does this change? Shes a dick if it comes to stupid people and OP is a faggot needing 3 years to complete 24 episodes and then calling it >absolutely superb

Sup Forums's overall popular believe i - that Nadeko is indeed a basic bitch

Why did I keep scrolling through that album? I didn't even like the first image that much and it just got worse.

Kaiki triggering the fuck out of Gahara by being unphased by her "childish mistake" was pure gold

even if he's a tryhard materialist/hopeless romantic outside of that scene it's irrelevant to me, making her snap was 10/10

Nevertheless, there are still diehard snakefags here, and I've had many conversations with them in the past. Enough to realize there's just fundamental differences in character appreciation that can never be reconciled. Which is to say, they're fucking stupid and you can't fix that.

If someone is actively insulting her or trying to hurt Araragi somehow then heads will roll. Otherwise she doesn't really give a fuck.

Now thats just not true and again
>Kanbaru at the temple because of the first Apperation killer thingy
and
>Nadeko at Araragis house because of the "Iam not cute enough for Araragi thing (?) "

>Kanbaru at the temple
Was insulting her. Or at least she felt like she was.

>Nadeko at Araragis house
Was stealing from and taking advantage of Araragi.

That's not snake.

Kaiki is second best girl though.

>Shinobu demanding that Araragi gives his blood to her because he is just a mere human and nothing more and should be gratefull to die for her sake

Yeah she is the nicest person on the earth

A) She started shitty but got a billion times better.
B) She genuinely doesn't give a fuck about a random human being an idiot.

>without being over the top silly or crazy
I could do without the "look at me, I am le lying con man!" schtick, fucking everyone in this series talks in half-truths to begin with anyway.

Other than that and being given Snape's backstory in Hana I like him though.

>For example the Nadeko incident, he agreed to help after Senjougahara gave him the money but then followed through the end even if that meant that he would have no money at all because he gave it all to nadeko.
He was going to help deal with Nadeko regardless as soon as he heard that Kanbaru was in danger. Senjougahara didn't even need to be there.

Shinobu is a pure donut loving vampire loli

there are no snakefags, just master bait

I have a feeling that she's at least a tiny bit interested in the idea of lewd things with Araragi one day.

The toothbrush scene was inspired by pic related right?

I'm pretty sure it was inspired by Nisio's dick.

>My heart and actions are utterly unclouded. They are all of 「Aruji-sama」

You pinch the tip like that to put it on. Even if you never plan on getting laid this is still basic knowledge.

why?

It makes sure the little reservoir on the end has room to hold semen.

you learn something new and useless everyday

ty user

Why does kaiki care about kanbaru so much? They never made that clear

You can tell a Snakefag wrote this and didn't understand why the others aren't shat on as much for the same actions.

>They never made that clear

Except in Hanamonogatari when they explain it.

>i've never watched hanamonogatari: the post

Because he doesn't give a fuck, is intelligent and does things HIS way regardless of whatever obstacle is thrown at him.

Also he doesn't give a shit about monsters and the supernatural, he just wants to make money.

all he cares about is Tooe Gaen, dead and buried for years

Maybe you should fuck off back to plebbit with your garbage taste.

>he just wants to make money.

Except he doesn't actually like "money" he just likes that you can throw it away without attachment.

Kaiki has the best bantz

Senjougahara confirmed low tier as fuck. Kanbaru is the true lady of the series.

remember that everthing beyond S2 is shit

everything after bake episode 4 is garbage

>Owari
>Shit

Everything after Cat pantsu shot in ep.1 of Bake is trash.

Everything after NisiO's first written word as a child is trash and just a rehash of that first word.

Agreed. Nisio is a trash writer and a hack

Kanbaru is even worse than Redditgahara. kys

Just a reminder that best girl also had best theme.
youtube.com/watch?v=wNPyHJl9Qs0

Those are some serious allegations.

They're also very true and correct allegations.

Thank you for your insightful and well worded opinion.

OP here, going to watch it and then start season 3 today.

Forgot to mention:

Monogatari season 2 > Bakemonogatari > Nekomonogatari > Nisemonogatari

Part of the reason that I forgot to continue this show for so long was because Nise wasn't as exciting as Bake, but it did set up a lot of characters and plot lines that paid off in Monogatari season 2.

Good taste lad. Nise is objectively the worst.

I'd say Owari is probably on par with Bake, except it switches out the god tier visuals with some breddy gud writing.

What are the 3 specials? I thought I just had Hanamonogatari, Monogatari season 3 and then Kizu left?

Hanamono
Neko Kuro
Koyomimono

I think at least.

Nise > Bake > S2 > Neko
everything not listed is trash
Bird > Snake > Snail > Bat > Cat > Bee > Monkey > Crab
everything not listed is trash

basic guide to the Monogatari series

Now watch Ore Monogatari.

>posting worst girl by far.

What makes her even more horrible is that the show has an amazing roster of great girls. Thanks, bro
I'm looking forward to watching it

Who else is watching kizu in berlin tonight?

Wew lad

Worst girl is either zombie or monkey. Maybe bee but she's too forgettable to be impactfully bad.

Also yeah, you should marathon Koyomimono since it's 15 minute episodes. The plot quality progression is also fucking amazing and the ending will probably hit you like a maglev train.

I don't like Snake as a person, but I find her very interesting as a character.
Something I always found odd in Bake is that her character arc never accomplished anything. Every other arc solved a problem and furthered the character's growth, but Snake had literally nothing going on. She was just a cute, shallow girl. Except for the fact that she "hates her body".
And then season 2 happens, completely acknowledges that and slaps you in the face with it. And it ends up being one of the strongest and most unexpected character arcs in the series.

Agreed, Snake as a person is seriously one of the most fucked up characters in the series. It's very difficult to genuinely like her, At the same time she's brilliantly written and Nadeko Medusa/Senjogahara End is fucking beautifully executed.

>very interesting as a character
Doesn't that apply to everyone though? I mean one of the reasons why I continued watching Monogatari after taking a hiatus when Nise ended was because I found the characters interesting and liked how we character motivations and personalities could be extracted from their dialogue and actions, without the blatant exposition that's done in many anime/manga

Why is she so smoll?

Monogatari is exposition the anime. Why are monogatari fags so deluded?

It does, I just wanted to make the distinction between bad person and bad character, as pointed out.
Way too many people here tend to be lazy fucks and pretend characters are bad because they don't like them.

I didn't even finish Koyo because it seemed like boring filler. Are you telling me that it is important?