Will Urobutcher make Godzilla even more edgy?

Will Urobutcher make Godzilla even more edgy?

Other urls found in this thread:

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/d6/a8/58/d6a858c0b8c4d9d6fecdb6cdcd218e0a.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>godzilla is sympathetic but dies anyway, also all of the humans die
bravo urobutcher

Hope it won't be full of CGI crap

pretty sure it's by that shitty cg studio polygon
even worse that they're the ones making a blame anime

Also the Godzilla is actually a human.

Look at the people on the cliff in OP's pic. It is so going to be full of CGI crap.

Anno have done that already

THERE'S A NEW GODZILLA?

It's Hack Butcher, of course it'll be edgefest with retarded twists and 0 tact and subtlety of its themes.

who will be the depressed disillusioned skeptic

I can't tell if he's going to humanize Godzilla or treat him like a neutral force of destruction.
Either way it's probably going to focus on how the humans can use their resources and tools to defeat Godzilla.

>CG haters will ruin Godzilla and FMP threads

>it's probably going to focus on how the humans can use their resources and tools to defeat Godzilla.
I think it's going to be a post-apo movie this time

>FMP
It's going to be CG?

Most likely judging by the key visuals.
Maybe humans fled the earth after Godzilla trashed everything and now they're back to reclaim it.

>Maybe humans fled the earth after Godzilla trashed everything and now they're back to reclaim it.

You know, that's an interesting premise.

Yeah that does sound cool

Son of Godzilla will get decapitated by a human mecha.

>there are people on Sup Forums RIGHT NOW who don't like Butcher
>these people like moeshit SoL

As someone who studies literature at the graduate level academically, it always surprises me when people who dislike Urobuchi start criticizing his writing. The fact of the matter is that, from a technical point of view, he is a very skilled writer. It's rare in anime that someone is so good at both writing compelling plots and making believable, interesting characters. All of Urobuchi's stories have both of these, as well as extremely well-written, interesting dialogue.

There are parts of Fate/Zero that actually remind me of Shakespeare. Of course I don't mean this in a qualitative way, but just in a structural sense of the way that he creates characters and writes them.

The only really shitty thing about Urobuchi is that he's very lazy. He needs to stop letting other people finish the stories that he starts. Aldnoah.Zero and Psycho-pass, arguably even Madoka Magica, are all incomplete and he's putting his faith in people who lack his sophistication and skill to realize the rest of his original vision.

Aside from this though, considering writing quality is typically the worst thing about anime, it's surprising that Sup Forums is so eager to denounce the few examples of competent writers that there are. Urobuchi, Nisio and Okada are good examples of writers that are frequently slandered on Sup Forums by people who are trying to seem smart by having hard, contrary opinions, but who just end up sounding like idiots, at least to me, and I'm sure to anyone else who actually knows a thing or two about "good writing."

>A drama or literary work in which the main character is brought to ruin or suffers extreme sorrow, especially as a consequence of a tragic flaw, moral weakness, or inability to cope with unfavorable circumstances.

Good writing isn't "comfy" SoL. Shit-taste faggots just want to watch cute anime girls doing cute things with nothing actually happening to fuel their escapism, anything that gets in the way of that annoys them on a deep level, and stuff like Zero that has several involved parties all with different ideologies with none really shown as being right or wrong and a lot of moral greyness (Kiritsugu, Gil, etc.) is exactly that.

Oh and he's popular too, which is also a big part of the hate.

>The only really shitty thing about Urobuchi is that he's very lazy.
That's his own fault isn't it?

>Nisio
Dragging things out probably does not help.

>Okada
The Bus thing was stupid.

>Godzilla even more edgy
>Godzilla
>Edgy
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/d6/a8/58/d6a858c0b8c4d9d6fecdb6cdcd218e0a.jpg

If they add Gigan into it, sure.

GMK and Shin Godzilla were very edgy. That's a huge part of their appeal.

>All this thread

>Shin Godzilla were very edgy
That's why it was actually good, unlike just about any Godzilla after the first one. Well it wasn't actually edgy, but it was what retards on Sup Forums would call edgy.

>As the Japanese coast guard investigates an abandoned yacht in Tokyo Bay soon the water erupts with a strange red liquid.
ANNO GODZILLA ISN'T FUCKING EVA

Why are all butcher fans pretentious?

I like both Butcher and moeshit SOL.
Call the police.

One Gojiira wasn't enough for Japan

Judging by the OP image alone that seems to be the case. Looks like humans fled the planet after nuclear war created kaiju, and now they're back for damage control.

Hopefully there's no mecha or anything stupid. If Urobuchi utilizes the concept properly he could have the humans be on a suicide mission where they have none of the tools they need to defeat Godzilla and end up just being passive observers to the destruction who all die by the end, but not without a ham-handed yet heart-sinking message about humanity and the environment.

Because anything more intricate than battle shounen is pretentious to you.

>implying Butcher and moeshit SoL are mutually exclusive
Have you even watched Madoka? It's like his most popular work now for fucks sake.

Shin Gojira was literally NGE in reverse.
>mankind has to become a single godlike being in order to survive
>GODzilla has to become mankind in order to survive

>>The only really shitty thing about Urobuchi is that he's very lazy.
>That's his own fault isn't it?

Urobuchi isn't lazy, he literally hasn't stopped working since he started. He just abandons projects if the director wanted a story he doesn't feel like writing (Gargantia, A.Z).

With P-P he got a co-writer because he had 5 months to write 22 episodes, which is impossible given how slow he is.

>Hopefully there's no mecha or anything stupid
There were some small walkers in the leaked art.

Not SoL, not moe, just having prepubescent schoolgirls doesn't make it moe.

I think Urobuchi's biggest weakness is actually writing realistic characters. His characters seem fitting in the context of an anime but they don't come anywhere near something like Eva where you can look at them and their circumstances and say "yeah, this person could definitely exist in the real world".

Madoka is the biggest offender in this regard, if you go back and reflect on the characters you start to notice that they're fairly shallow and only defined by a handful of characteristics rather than interconnecting elements.

Do I need to read a lot of ancient western literature to become a good writer like Urobuchi?

You cant stop king of the monsters

Naw.
Thinking the battle shonen that the butcher writes is deep is pretentious.
Also, he's only similar to the classic tragedies because he rips them off to appear smart.
Go wag your useless degree in some shit hole where people care, like /lit/.

You need to achieve a mindstate that will give you a diamond boner whenever you think of tragic plots

This, but butcher babies will deny it.

>Go wag your useless degree in some shit hole where people care, like /lit/.
>two people disagree with me? must be a samefag!

I'm not that guy, sorry.

Tragedy doesn't necessarily make something a good story, it just makes it tragic.

Butcher fans like to samefag

Fate/Zero was a book. People complain that his anime originals are bad. Exactly what you point in your comment. Also

>Nisio
He's indeed good but every Monogatari after Bake is useless and add nothing to the readers. I'll wait for his next thing to be animated (that one, Boy/Girl, looks good). And

>Okada
It's just Soap Operas. They are good but there's nothing special in her style.

>Madoka is the biggest offender in this regard, if you go back and reflect on the characters you start to notice that they're fairly shallow and only defined by a handful of characteristics rather than interconnecting elements.

Characterization != Character

Butcher is good at writing characters but he's weak at characterization. Every character in Madoka has a moment where their true "character" shows when they have to make a difficult decision under pressure from forces of antagonism.
That's the classical form of characters and probably why everyone says that his characters always stand for something and don't feel like real people.
It doesn't help that he loves unsentimental characters which aren't popular at the moment. But that's what he likes to write about.

Urobuchi likes to write fairy-tale esque stories with a hard hitting moral. In order to do this he often employs symbol characters. Which is fine, but I wish people would stop praising him for his realistic characters when he is clearly not trying to write depictions of reality but rather unrealistic situations that have abstract weight in reality.

Didn't he even say once that he focuses on the plots of his stories, not the characters?

I think I've read this before in an Okada thread

It seemed like a copy pasta.

>The fact of the matter is that, from a technical point of view, he is a very skilled writer.
Then I'm sorry that your literature class has failed you. Butcher can't write believable exposition to save his life. Just look at things like PP or Fate/Zero. They horrible immersion breaking exposition. He can't even write believable characters that have some quirks or personality either. Exception being Fate/Zero which Nasu helped him tons with. And he can't write character interactions for shit. More than 90% of his character interaction are either character being a couch philosopher and preaching shit that Butcher knows little about or it's just them info dumping on latest plot development or muh twist. The 10% when they do interact, you realize how bland and one note they are and you wish that they would get on with the plot already.
On top of all that which are the most fundamental problems of his writing, he lacks the subtlety for almost everything, his stories/characters/world/premise just lack any sort of heart and human element and the biggest offence of his is he's a fucking commercial writer that's too busy pumping out the newest IP to sell or lending his name. He's a pretentious fraud.
It baffles me how all of his stories that are trying to tackle the themes related to the betterment of humanity, lacks the humanity itself. But people eat that shit up. Whenever people watch a show by Anno or Ikuhara, they remember the characters they connected with and the funny or sad tense interactions these characters had. But when you watch a Butcher show you remember the twist or the edge or the book quoting and philosophy. That's such a total failure.

>Urobuchi likes to write fairy-tale esque stories with a hard hitting moral.

That's what a tragedy essentially is. Catharsis through pity and fear. The audience is supposed to learn from the hero's mistake.

And the essential element of Tragedy according to Aristotle is plot which is Urobuchi's whole shtick.

Your opinion aside,
>The only really shitty thing about Urobuchi is that he's very lazy. He needs to stop letting other people finish the stories that he starts.
That really isn't up to Urobuchi though. The production committee really only hire him to write the intros to bait newfag.

Tragedy moved past Aristotle dude.

and then he used the "XXX IS HUMAN" plot twist for all of his shows.

Best post.

Just rewatch Madoka. 99% dialogues are about muh MADOKA, muh FRIENDSHIP and muh HOMURA. It's like madoka characters don't even have live, hobbies or anything. Just unstoppable circlejerk.
Phantom, Kiberdick, Shaitane badi and Saya are best his works.
>inb4: vjedogonia fags posting

>friends dying
>you could turn into a witch at any time
>despair
>suspiciously hook-nosed cat keeps asking you for a contract
>DUDE VIDYA LMAO

What did you expect them to talk about? Who the fuck would talk about hobbies during a time like that?

If you knew any real people stuck in heavy situations, you'd know people don't drop their personalities at the first sign of danger.

Yeah, you talk about friendship 24/7, right?

>vjedogonia

This was great, it's butcher's ToHeart, how can anyone hates that?
TBF, SnU, Madoka and of course Kikokugai are the best.

When it's a passion project he does a good job, so I'm expecting the Goji flick to be solid too.

>It's like madoka characters don't even have live, hobbies or anything
What? The only character that we don't know if it has a hobby or not is Kyouko

to be fair one of Butcher's original chars in Fate/Zero is literally: We need to win a war? No fuck that let's play video games. And he's amazing.

>Urobuchi isn't subtle about his themes
>His characters are mouthpieces
Nothing new here user.

Pretty sure Nisio helped him tons in that series. And they had to drag the story out because they wanted to milk it as much as possible.

Godzilla.

How many of his tropes will be in his take on godzilla?

inb4 its mindless and fun, showa style take on godzilla.

Jokes on you I like both moeshit and butcher

But it is now.
Shin-godzilla was basically Rebuild of Gozilla: You Are (Not) a Dinosaur.

>Will Urobutcher make Godzilla even more edgy?
It'll be more edgy once brought into the Urobutcher universe.

Godzilla will be in the timeline after the time the Hideauze left Earth and Gargantia sailed the seas. Godzilla rampages and the powers of mankind were unable to quell its wrath.

Predictions:

Many Gojirra attack Japan.

Their thick hide can only be penetrated by jet fuel.

The military train children to become kamikaze pilots.

MC can turn into a Gojirra.

At the end he is revealed to be the Attack Gojirra.

It's pretty much SPACE Godzilla. What are you talkin?

Here's your godzilla

Spacefaring version of Godzilla seems like there is more chance of merchandising profit. This is a reboot Godzilla after all. No need to be the same as the old one.

>Urobutcher
kek

>Anno teases you with Decisive Battle playing only the fist seconds

how new are you?