Tfw this arc made me empathize more with unborn babies than all those christian pro-life videos from youtube

>tfw this arc made me empathize more with unborn babies than all those christian pro-life videos from youtube

Am I autistic?

Also mononoke thread

>am I autistic
>posting on Sup Forums

I barely remember who it ended. Does she live?

Neither I do. Last arc was by far the most boring

I think she does, her baby dies though.

>christian pro-life videos from youtube
Sounds retarded and shitty as fuck. Everyone would laugh at them if they couldn't claim higher moral ground so easily.

*tips fedora*

great show that nobody has watched

boat > incense > babies > train

The babies don't REALLY think anything.

You're just a filthy weeaboo biased on anything Japan craps out.

babies > incense > boat >>>> train

why did the last arc suck so bad? S2 ever?

>boat this low

explain yourself at once

S2 never. And that's for the best. Nakamura's shows starting sucking after he went moe.

where do you think you are user?

They should have animated the original Bakeneko manga 0 arc instead of that shitty train

mfw it's been so long since I watched Mononoke while drunk that I don't remember it and have added it to my shortlist of things to get to

>no one remembers mask
JUST

Mask was my favorite arc along with Incense. Boat and Babies were also great. Hell, everything was great with the exception of Train and that wasn't that bad either, it just wasn't god-tier like previous arcs.

I believe train is a bit underrated because it's the last arc.

Mononoke is one of those series that you should watch calmly. One arc per day maximum.
If you speedwatch the whole anime in one day it gets really tiring.

Yeah, I definitely agree, you should savor it.

I sincerely cannot remember what mask was about

Give it another try m8. It's not a bad arc.
Episode 6 and 7.

About the female prisoner who supposedly killed her husband and his friends. Does that ring a bell?

I never asked for those feels

>yfw medicine seller transformed for the first time

Great anime.
Everyone should watch.

The last arc was a let down because the rest was pretty damn good.

Does anybody has any idea what happened in the Noppera Bo arc? I have no idea if that woman killed those people, killed herself, was in love with an imaginary creature or was there really a yokai that fell in love with her, or was that Kusuriuri's other persona? I need help with that arc.

But Bakeneko was part of Ayakashi already

I think that the woman killed herself in the end. (That's what all those: "Who did you really kill?" questions and imagery seemed to allude to, at least to me.) I also think that the yokai was, as you said, Kusuriuri's other persona because it thematically revolved around her story and helped her realize the truth.

Oh I see. Yeah, that makes sense. I thought that too but I was never sure.

Yeah, that one is a bit unclear, especially when it comes to the yokai. I guess that he could also have been created subconsciously by the woman to fit the role of someone who would love her unconditionally, but I'm leaning towards the Kusuriuri theory more.

Why is the medicine seller's voice so sexy?

I thought the zashiki-warashi were annoying and disgusting. Fuck, I can still hear the 「返して!」 dragging against my mind like nails on a chalkboard. And the disgusting mass of eyes and symbolic umbilical cords they became near the end is yucky. The blonde bitch, Kayo I believe it was (so she was a hafu, probably) was dumb for wanting them inside her. But then, I'm an anti-natalist, so maybe I'm just weird.

Boat > Ayakashi Cat > Incense > Mask > Train > Babies

It's still a great story and better than probably 90% of anime or more.

Because fox genetics.

Kayo was the brown-haired servant girl that met Kusuriuri multiple times, the blonde had no name as far as I remember.

>her baby dies though.

Fuck, really? I always thought the baby got possessed by the other babies or whatever.

Because Sakurai.

Yes in the sense that she loses her real baby and gets the zashiki instead.

>I always thought the baby got possessed by the other babies or whatever.
The mononoke got killed by medicine seller as you can see here
I don't know why people say her baby got killed. I believe the yellow baby was the original since the beginning, but it manifested because of the mononoke’s influence.

Does Mononoke have an anti abortion message? And it even gets a full story arc? I guess I should avoid Mononoke at all costs, then. I hated it in Now and Then, Here and There, and I hated it in Earth Maiden Arjuna, and in those it only got a side focus now and then. A full story arc hammering on with awful messages like this would completely ruin the anime, and actually turn it into a shit anime by itself.
Guess Mononoke is extremely overrated, and actually awful, then.

Here is the "proof" that her baby isn't a zashiki

>not a single TV anime from this decade as good as this
Why? Is anime dead? Only 3 more years for this decade to prove itself.

Mononoke was just an original experiment.
Sometimes it goes well, and sometimes it doesn't. And I don't feel like mononoke was popular in Japan.

By general terms, no animation company want to make original stuff because it's risky. Just like videogames, TV series and everything.

Non Non Biyori was better.

I'm not even joking

>Boat > Ayakashi Cat > Incense > Mask > Train > Babies
The baby arc wasn't that bad, and I didn't like the incense episodes, the boat is a masterpiece though.

Bump

Mononoke was actually quite successful and is relatively well-known, hence why you see such a huge swathing of quality fanart for it. But "successful" and "well-known" doesn't necessarily mean "popular" in the big long-running shounen sense. Lain is also comparatively well-known among anime aficionados, but remains obscure overall. Konaka's curse.

It shouldn't have. It relied on the false belief that fetuses have consciousness and souls. It['s just as full of bullshit as those christian sources.

>Mask > Incense > Babies > Boat> Train

Season two never

A) anything having a soul is a false belief
B) even inanimate objects have souls according to shinto
Pick one

>implying the biggest victims here weren't the mothers

It doesn't. There's an arc about abortion, but the point is that it's performed against the mothers' will. Only look at the spoiler if you want to... well, spoil yourself, but it doesn't push anti-abortion message. There's no preaching here.

OP here. No it really doesn't.
It was just a joke to start a thread.
There is an abortion arc, but as this user says
there’s no political message and shit doesn't happens because muh abortion is murder and evil. It’s more about the way it was carried out.

This. Pretty much this.

You know you could watch it and find out for yourself before you start blithering off that one of the better anime ever made is "extremely overrated and actually awful". I just don't want to see your retardedness come up again in a later Mononoke thread. I am now expecting a complimentary "u mad?" response.