Did they seriously never look at a calendar?

Did they seriously never look at a calendar?

Other urls found in this thread:

webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
the-numbers.com/movie/Kimi-no-na-wa-(Japan)#tab=summary
supremecarlos.net/post/155932824647/your-name-kimi-no-na-wa-just-became-the
aramajapan.com/news/tvmovie/your-name-kimi-no-na-wa-surpasses-spirted-away-as-highest-grossing-film-in-japan/69666/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-17/shinkai-your-name-tops-spirited-away-as-highest-grossing-anime-film-worldwide/.111141
escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169311-Your-Name-Beats-Spirited-Away-in-Gross
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/your-name-spirited-away-highest-grossing-anime-of-all-time-a7530876.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_anime_films
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

lol admit it user, when was the last time you ever looked at a calendar?

But they were both students. Students put the date on everything.

They didn't find a way, Frodo.

I look at one everyday.

>look at calendar
>it says it's 3 years ago
>presume it's old calendar

>look at calendar
>it says it's 3 years in the future
>presume it's a gag calendar or someone who's really looking forward to the future

Forget a calendar, days change after three years.

>Hey, we're going cycling this Thursday
>Oh, so the 14th, right?
>Lol no, what?

I have a smartphone(both of them had one too), so I am aware of the month, year, and the tens digit of the date at the very least.

>iOS won't show the year unless you actually get into the carlendar app
That's why.

So they literally never noticed that the year is different. Sounds hard to believe.

they forget shit every time they wake up

Wait that's this movies schtick?

Movie starts with "It is so hard to remember dreams, you forget them the moment you wake up"
user on Sup Forums, 2017: "Did they seriously never look at a calendar?"

That doesn't excuse when they get further in to the movie. When they start leaving messages for each other, they very clearly remember what's happening as the girl mentions being excited for the date.

I don't know how long they went switching bodies before the big reveal, but I'm sure it was long enough for one of them to notice the date. They are students, after all.

>schtick
city boy and country gal switch bodies every once in a while and then fall in love

>post about you don't remember shit in dreams
>reply with "Why can't you remember shit in dreams?"

One thing is remembering big thing around which plot of your dream is, another - some number at wall.
And of course it is washy point, but in-film explanation is given and now you can go either:
1) Oh well they didnt notice, being in dream and all
2) No fucking way a real person wouldnt notice that! Makoto is a hack, my suspension of disbelief is ruined and I want my money back.

Im myself for a 1.

Yet Taki is able to draw the village in great detail from memory.

It took two weeks for him to draw that picture with tons of referencing (not giving up because mai waifu). Luckily he drew it before in his dream. That's why the image of that view smack him hard during the date and made him start to realize who is his true waifu.

Musubi hid the dates.

maybe shinto gods hid it from them
anyway it's not the point of the film
just don't think to hard about it

>Students not focusing on politics or current affairs because I'm 16 who cares
>Too busy enjoying the moment of the body switch

If you were off galavanting as a QT girl, attracting all the dykes you wouldn't stare at a calender or politics, you'd be too busy focusing on the day/events.

They literally leave notes for each other.

They left notes when they're in the other person's body, user. In their "dreams". NOT after they wake up.

Shit, the only way to excuse this mistake was by pretending that it was le drean. They sucked hard at showing that it was dream-like for either of the protagonists, Also, you don't have to put active effort into knowing what fucking year you're in.

That's why these two are bakacouple.

But they were using that diary app. Im pretty sure it shows current date.

The problem here is not if they remember but why one didn't notice and freak out?

I'm still wondering how did she manage to convince her dad to evac the town?

She gave him the quickie of his life

>you can rape me if I'm wrong

>when was the last time you ever looked at a calendar?

I use one to arrange my life.

As a student you would be aware of the time and date because of school holidays, exams, and homework hand-in times.

Every time you turn on the TV and see the news you would be aware of what the time and day is.

Looking at your mobile phone usually displays the time and date in most peoples cases.

Calendars are ubiquitous and timekeeping is so fundamental to most peoples lives that such a plothole is sheer low-level negligence.

No idea, it seemed pretty impossible when guy MC tried it. A pretty big plothole if you think about it.

His daughteru determination face reminded him of his waifu last words, why he had to be there, having all authority to save the town. Fucking MUSUBI, BITCH.

>How was Jonathan Joestar able to conjure a tommy gun out of thin air

>MUSUBI

You know, it's a cliche and the audience already know when they saw Mitsuha and her dad face that this time she will successfully convince her dad with whatever bullshit she will say.

For more detail see Another side: Earthbound.

Maybe the dates correlated until they both made sense of the fact that they were in different timelines?

PUTTING THIS WHOLE CALENDAR THING TO REST THEY BOTH HAD PHONES WHICH HAVE THE DATE AND YEAR ON IT. AND THEY LOOKED AT EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Nope, not the years.

Keit-ai is already a manga. Stop posting it.

webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825

Threadly reminder that Keit-ai is now the highest grossing anime film of all time.

>$331 million

the-numbers.com/movie/Kimi-no-na-wa-(Japan)#tab=summary
supremecarlos.net/post/155932824647/your-name-kimi-no-na-wa-just-became-the
aramajapan.com/news/tvmovie/your-name-kimi-no-na-wa-surpasses-spirted-away-as-highest-grossing-film-in-japan/69666/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-17/shinkai-your-name-tops-spirited-away-as-highest-grossing-anime-film-worldwide/.111141
escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169311-Your-Name-Beats-Spirited-Away-in-Gross
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/your-name-spirited-away-highest-grossing-anime-of-all-time-a7530876.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_anime_films

user did you ever remember the month/date/year when you dreaming or after you wake up?

And I'm not talking about the date when you dream I'm talking about 'Date/Month/Year' when your dream taken place.

They would write down the date on their school assignments though.

They would write down the wrong date when in the wrong body, and then when they switch back they would definitely realize that the other person wrote the wrong date.

speaking of calendars, make sure to mark this tuesday down!