The ABSOLUTE STATE of American architecture

What is America missing that makes Europe so beautiful? Every one of our cities looks exactly the same. I recently visited Germany and the cities were clean and beautiful. This is something Americans very rarely get to experience. It was like discovering a sense that you never knew you had.

>the cities were clean and beautiful
give it 30 years, it'll be as shit as London

European countries's cities are hundreds of years old if not older, giving them lifetimes of architectural development. It also has to do with density. Naturally, buildings are designed to fit the scenery. You can't fit into a 2 acre parking lot or an arid flatland.

TLDR; America is a fat newfag

These building will be the first to go when the world realizes we are right.

Urbanites having a bad time? o no

(((Cash Advance))) Oi vey!

i think it's beautiful, america is so big they can afford to have shit like this.

Well companies don't want to spend the money on a lovingly engineered and designed stone structure just to place X chain store in it. Now the Rim in San Antonio kinda helps stuff not look like shit but still not much better.

looks like cookie cutter bullshit. all you're doing is importing californians and their shitty architecture. everything looks like that here

CulturalDecline.jpg

fuck the girl in the white car, fuck whoever parked second on the left 2. dicks

Property taxes and banks.

They dont build things to last anymore because some jealous fucker wants to bulldoze something.

>riding the line
absolutely female

and now i understand why costco has those massive gaps between parking spaces

That building is a tool. It is not meant to last more than a few decades. If you're looking for works of art try the colleges; they find the money for some pretty impressive stuff.

Literally looks like some place in Africa.

>It is not meant to last more than a few decades
reee
t. architect

>All of Europe has been around for over a millennia
>Homogeneous society
>Had to constantly fight their neighbors in order to keep identity so they didn't lose any land to them
We haven't really had to struggle that much compared to Euros. We're still young, we could still make incredible things

we will. we'll make one incredibly big strip mall. our country is ugly as fuck

how long?

Are you fucking kidding? All I see at this strip mall is dollar signs.

>Each of these small businesses probably have shit websites, if at all(exclude chains)
>walk right in and talk to the owner(if available), if not find their web registration and email the address listed on their domain registration
>offer to create shitty wordpress website for $500
>pirate a theme and get it done in two hours
>rinse and repeat

how the fuck do you not see the potential in shit like this?
>inb4 jew

is this 2002?

no one cares about your meme hustle, dipshit

well it's sort of a rule of thumb tossed around in the industry that any modern building is only built with an assumed lifespan of 50 years, which is really sad considering there are 250+ year old buildings around us built 10 generations of humans ago

no, but this still works

also offer to set up bitpay for them, dropping words like "blockchain" can potentially get boomers to shovel money in your general direction

meant for

Looks like a nice place of business. You can grab a sandwich, send a package, get your clothes dry cleaned, pick up some shoes and get some cash, all in one spot.

What's your problem OP?

>subway
>sandwich
>needing a cash advance as a white person

>paying rent and only getting 2-3 parking spots

lmao americucks

>116.4%

fuck, are people really this desperate? I'm 19 with minimal credit and was still able to secure a $15,000 car loan with 6k down for just over 4%. That's fucking ridiculous

how dare you disrespect the native americans after all they have been through

>take out $5,000 loan to pay business rent you desperately need to stay afloat
>pay it back in 11 months
>still owe $35,872
>takes 6 years to pay it off

It isnt all bad.

EERC in Austin, TX

t. Architectural Engineer not involved in aesthetic design

It happened in the 70's; they tore down all the beautiful belle epoch buildings and replaced them with pre fab modular concrete and glass shite. It's vile wretched garbage. I hate them. Le Corbusier wanted to tear down Paris and replace it with this;

Of course he was obviously another communist kiddy diddler.

The strip malls will be replaced with other buildings in a couple of decades when the city spreads out and absorbs the suburbs.

Some of it is bad lmao

17E in Galveston, TX

Shittymetalpanel.jpg

I really like the frontier architecture actually.

>70s
And 80s and 90s bruh. Its not getting drastically better, but at least the building exterior is getting more tight and water resistant. Next step - return to the real heart of culturally significant architecture. Fuck the post modernists. Vitruvius was right.

The characteristics that distinguish a work of architecture from other man-made structures are (1) the suitability of the work to use by human beings in general and the adaptability of it to particular human activities, (2) the stability and permanence of the work’s construction, and (3) the communication of experience and ideas through its form. All these conditions must be met in architecture. The second is a constant, while the first and third vary in relative importance according to the social function of buildings.

Ton of small Texas towns with the frontier vibe on main st.

That is bland shit that you see everywhere in the world, user. It has no sense of place and doesn't fit with the rest of campus.

t.longhorn arch grad

I really wish architecture wasn't mostly postmodern marxist bullshit right now.

Every single thing about this country sucks fucking black cocks and anyone who says otherwise is a shill or a fed.

We used to be based, user.

>What is America missing that makes Europe so beautiful?

The traditional Christmas decorations.

Sage stoopid argument about stoopid shit nobody cares face all about shill thread special
Fuck all y'all cunts

>you will never anchor your blimp to the empire state building

>frankfurt and Berlin
>clean and beautiful
Kek

This.

Anybody whos traveled outside the US knows how shit our country and especially our infrastructure is. I remember coming back from Bangkok of all places into New York City and thinking how fucking lame, boring and stale NYC is. Like literally fucking bored to tears, Manhattan is a giant, sterile Midwestern shopping mall. So fucking lame and gay, and New Yorkers, also just as untraveled and ignorant as their Southern rural counterparts, dont know any better either. Dont even get me started on other cities with the horrendous urban sprawl and strip malls. This country is a fucking joke and embarassment. Even cities in South East Asia of all places are starting to outshine urban USA in many ways.

Literally Anywhere USA.

Theres nothing special about this at all.

kek

Its more than just young age, America was created during a socially sick time, and our architecture reflects that sickness, in 1000 years our "architecture" in OP's pic will not have history it will still be trash.

>are a

What the actual fuck

>my life is a business
Perfec_Goy.txt

That's fucking trash

It's literally all because of John Wilkes Boothe.
>John Wilkes Boothe, big fat faggot extraordinaire, shoots Abraham Lincoln before he could ship all the niggers back to Africa
>Andrew Johnson pussies out on Reconstruction, also doesn't ship the niggers back to Africa
>14th and 15th amendments eventually make this impossible to do without another civil war
>niggers eventually move into northern cities for more free shit
>WWII happens and cars become affordable for the average middle class worker, but not for the groids
>BAM, white flight happens and the suburbs pop up
>the central organizing feature of suburbs is keeping niggers away from white families
>this means a complete dearth of public transit, car culture everywhere, and home prices niggers can't afford
>this means that if you want suburbanites to visit your business, you need parking
>there is very little point in making nice buildings when they're surrounded by parking lots and road signs
>enter malls, strip malls, and big box stores

Abraham Lincoln was a jewish actor who faked his death, an John Wilkes Booth was one of the most famous theater actors of the 19th century. His death was faked because Johnson wouldn't have won the election, and Lincoln was already dying.

Or, you can believe that Booth killed Lincoln on the balcony, jumped to the stage, quoting Brutus on Julius Caeser, "sic semper tyrannis," and then managed to escape the theater while hundreds of soldiers watched. Hell, how'd he reach Lincoln in the first place? No guard? Right..

>leafposting this hard

This. Most of America is actually farmland and forest, or desert or plains. Depending on where you live. But in the oldest of American cities and even in some small towns you can fund some architecture from as far back as the colonial days. Boston has a lot pretty great buildings

Still looks better than rest of engineering campus. I went to Texas too, civil engineering. Now im a PE, doing institutional and high rise architectural engineering. I have zero design responsibilities on aesthetics.

looks like the money laundering setup from The Accountant

Thank fuck you're not involved in aesthetic design LOL

Historic districts of American towns and cities are beautiful. Strip malls serve a functional purpose and nobody lives there- they drive past or drop in and out.

I started to read and nodded until you said Germany along with clean and beautiful, then it dawned on me this is a larp.

>Berlin
>Germany

The sad thing is that LA had one of the most beautiful downtown areas in the past. The freeway system killed that

That is not especially ugly. It is merely efficient.

You should see the Swedish industrial areas where all the big stores are, in big ugly boxes. It is even uglier than that, that building at least has some tiny concessions towards taste.

The correct answer to this kind of architectural problem is called brutalism, but it is sadly currently out of vogue.

you've got it backwards

EU is missing something

its missing economics

On $12/hr in America

not in a ((city)) not in ((California))

you can easily afford a nice used car, rent a house, gun, healthcare, eat healthy, and have a kid.

People are dumb and spend huge amounts on starbucks and iphones, and pricey apartments in the middle of the city.

EU just has stacks of regulations and they suffer for it.

Grow up.

Yeah everything in newer parts of the USA looks like that besides major cities. For example, for all the hype Colorado gets, there is lots of souless generic development like that.

On the other hand, there are towns like pic related scattered all over the northeast. Mega comfy.

new urbanism is as cancerous as strip malls

What in the absolute fuck?

>this is what produces our propaganda
no wonder its horrible

sweetie just
>all

>californians and their shitty architecture

They're both based on spanish architecture, dumbass.

wew go do some bullshit programming with your autistic stem job
t. builder

>stone
>good

Fuck off underage faggot

At least you get paid decently and none of it is directly your fault. Architects get paid shit and they're making the built environment worse. Because of this I got out. Clients don't pay enough for long-lasting well-made buildings, and architects are infested with a mind virus.

that looks more like clay tile and stucco and some ashlar

It's an umnfortunate compromise.
Build for the future hastily and sacrifice asthetics in the modern day as opposed to Europe where everything was built in Europe meticulously without regard for the future because builders the. were blissfully nieve.

Even in the United States you can see a huge difference between the east and west coast. The east coast was built very much with the influence of our European ancestors but the west coast is very different in the way things have been built.

Personal transportation beyond horse and buggy wasn't on anyones radar in Europe or the east coast 150 yeats ago for obvious reasons. Things were built close together. Roads were never more than 10 feet wide because no one could see what was coming.

That looks exactly like the building where I live, except for all the signs. Well there is a Subway sign. Okay, it's basically just a Subway, I live there.

Americans are just jews looking to make more money spending less at everyone else's expense. Our houses are made out of sticks. This is to save money. You're not going to get a roughcasted house in America, you're getting vinyl siding. Foundations with shit concrete. Wood sprayed with poison flame retardants and then poison flame retardant covered carpets and insulation.... The contemporary middleclass American house is a cage.

Are you being serious?

I though it was because you have tornadoes and hurricanes and shit and it makes it cheaper to repair, and you don't have to worry about winters like them places with stone buildings do.

Oh God I love simplistic Brutalism. It's only ugly when they start to get too creative- even Brutalism's prone to pointless bells and whistles. I get to see the beautiful Reserve Bank of Virginia headquarters from where I live, and every night it's got its clean white concrete facade lit up by the Richmond skyline, and the long strip windows give it green stripes all the way around, not to mention the fact that it's crowned by airplane lights. Just amazing.

sometimes you guys build really epic shit...there is half of the titanic rebuilt that you use as a hotel somewhere over there which is cool

but your generic stores and stuff suck! its a shame you didnt pick and choose the nice ideas of europe regarding architecture

Commie Blocs are some of the most aesthetically lacking structures I've ever seen. I would rather live in what you poster and lose 5 fingers than live in commie bloc unharmed.

it doesnt man......after that trump rally today i am legit jelly....i wish i was american :(

>could still
America just doesn't give a shit unless it matters, unless people will see it. No one really gives a shit anymore outside of cities. They used to, small towns with an "old downtown" dating back to 1900 or so are typically pretty nice. Shit got extremely utilitarian post-Jew invasion.

Stone is wonderful. Bricks are wonderful. Concrete is wonderful.

The main reason these buildings - and american houses in general - give off such a sucky feel is because they're flimsy as everloving fuck.

Observe true Swedish brutalism. Observe how it, contrary to intuition, melds well with surrounding nature.

its what your used to...to europeans staring up at the buildings feels like you are falling into the sky lol

ive never seen a sky scraper