What was the fucking point of this character again?

What was the fucking point of this character again?

To make cute noises

Chicken tenders

You're beyond help if you can't figure that out.

>mature seinen anime for mature seinen gentlemen like myself

She's Okabe's precious friend and his reason to change time so often. She props up Okabe when he wants to give up and allow the future to become a dystopia. She acts as a social lubricant that keeps everyone together and talking to each other. She has the mental age of a child but she's very important.

To make it actually a stake to travel back in time. If no one always died or it was someone MC didn't care about it would make more sense to just ran away and forget about it all.
Why it must be another girl and not the designated heroine though? Possibly writer want the OkabexKurisu relationship to develop between each time loop and not something already existed. Or maybe to reinforce Kurisu as kind and caring person by having her help saving life of a rather unrelated person. Or maybe they just want another girl to make the game qualify as Renai.

Durururu.

Do you not want to save your pure childhood friend?

>Steins;Gate
>anime
?

Faris and the genderbender dude are even more pointless/filler route.

She was literally the conflict. Without her Okabe wouldn't have any reason to go back in time to save her.

Okabe is the only human who can retain his memories laterally across world lines and Kurisu is the only human who can form a working theory for a time machine. OkaKuri is the only pairing that can ever happen to prevent the future from becoming a dystopia because they're the only two people in the world who can fully understand time travel. There's Maho in S;G 0, but she's Alieri to her Amadeus. It's more than just being harem, although that's obviously a neckbeard magnet.

Ey fuck you I liked the Farris route

well it was better than suzuha's route

I feel it would have been exceptional if the story continued on in the 70s. Even the true ending tacked on an hour or two of story

ya although they might do a spin off for that; there's a manga series about suzuha in the future working with valkyrie

The S;G part of the story shows that Mayuri's the raison d'etre to Hououin Kyouma's existence. S;G0 Mayuri knew that there can be no hope without Hououin Kyouma, and she came to terms with that Okabe's love of his life is Makise Kurisu, that Kurisu's only hope rests in Okabe, and that she must do whatever it takes to bring Hououin Kyouma back.

She went back in time with Suzuha on a one-way trip for the sake of her love.

Maho cannot be Kurisu's surrogate. Maho's importance is to define what it means to be "yourself" in the context of S;G0, and then showing that it is possible to lie to the world by not breaking established chain of events.

Exactly. She's Alieri.

You confuse the shit out of me by spelling Salieri as Alieri, but whatever, since Kurisu said that
>You are the real Amadeus
to Maho.

>OP
>Not playing S;G and S;G0
>Not listening to radio drama
>Getting spoonfed this much

>less attractive than Kurisu
>less talented
>overall outclassed by Kurisu
>the guy she ends up loving doesn't share her feelings and love Kurisu

Maho can't catch a break

Woops, I'm just dumb, Salieri. Wasn't it Okabe that says that on the promised sacramento end? Kurisu makes the point that Salieri is a genius in his own right and that Mozart admired him, and so although they are remembered as superior and inferior but in reality they both were Amadeus. Will there ever be anything as well written ever produced ever again?

Dodoroo~

Maho's outclassed by Kurisu academically, but Maho is far better in sociological side of things. For one, her weariness about weaponization of the Amadeus research is something that Kurisu wouldn't fret about, and Maho had a better grasp on the theory of mind than [Kurisu].

DELETE THIS

They're both geniuses. Completely incomparable. A better comparison is whose socks are more sniffable

It's more complicated than Okabe not sharing her feelings, since even Maho's well aware that Okabe's love of his life is Kurisu and all the shit that's gone down in those 15 years are about trying to save Kurisu and reach Steins Gate world line. Maho's own sense of inferiority, love, guilt and admiration toward Kurisu are very different to Okabe's feelings toward Kurisu at that.

She's adorable.

Being the most wonderful girl in the world.

That's the part in 0 that I really appreciate. Okabe never did get to know the Makise Kurisu as a researcher, just as Maho never got to know Makise Kurisu the girl. The events of S;G0 provided that answer for both Okabe and Maho, and that understanding of Kurisu was crucial not only in bonding Okabe and Maho, but also in making both of them willing to fight against causality.

Maho's, because Kurisu only wears extremely lewd pantyhose, not socks.

d-did it make you cry? not me haha that's gay

She's the Mad Romanticist of Madness.

>Sup Forums
>not gay

it was only the most well written tragedy and romance story with existential questions posed and answered that i've ever read, it's not like it made me emotional or anything

haha yeah, w-what kind of homo would get teary eyed over that?

This. SingSing stream got better.

>the only human who can form a working theory for a time machine.

but SERN did it first

not me haha seeing how torn up okabe was and how devastating even a tiny change to the past could be and how two lovers would travel across time and live their worst fears thousands of times just to reunite had no effect on me at all

>flatter than Kurisu
hehueuhehu

I love Hououin Kyouma too much, no homo.

Good point. Theirs was uncontrollable though.

>working
SERN couldn't make up its mind between 11 theories, and they keep getting
>Human is Dead; Mismatch

>Kurisu basically carried Okabe's ass through all the undoing shit and beyond
>Mayuri was just there, being useless and dying as a plot device
Kurisu best grill. Something I didn't get - why did he have to fool himself in the end? What consequence did that carry?

It's not even debatable, it's clearly stated by everyone.

Maho knows about Okabe and Kurisu4, she still have feelings for him but won't and can't act on them.

Okabe cannot break the established observed chain of events in order to save Kurisu. He must trigger the same set of events that got everything rolling is it had.
Play 0 if you want to find out why it's important to not change any prior observed results in order to change the outcome.

>no blood pumping song in the bg
Those awakenings could've been done better. 0 was butchered from beginning to end(s).

If he didn't fool himself, he would never have sent the first D-Mail without Kurisu dying. Convergence dictates that Okabe freak out at the sight of Kurisu lying dead in a pool of blood and send the first D-Mail but not necessarily that she actually die.

past okabe needs to think kurisu died so that he sends the very first d-mail which begins the story. Otherwise, SERN completes the time machine and destroys the world; Okabe and Kurisu have to be the only ones to know how time travel works or otherwise world war 3 happens.

>he didn't pay attention to the story
Maho's entire ED was about how she herself was valued and even Kurisu thought she was the more intelligent of the two, just because they state it doesn't mean it's true; characters can be wrong

SERN's theory of kerr black holes and lifters is exactly what the phonewave and presumably all other time machines work off of though.

They just never manage to figure out how to send things where they want and when they want it and their time machine costs probably millions of dollars a use, whereas the future gadget lab stumbles upon a miraculously cheap and effective way of making kerr black holes that sends things exactly where and when they want it.

Well I have, but either I'm autistic or the game didn't explain it well enough. I remember something like "yadayadadeceive the world, deceive yourself", and that he didn't even fucking react to the text and bright ass image he got in his mind, and just kept on talking to Mayuri's whore friends.

autism.

Makise was more talented. Doesn't mean Maho wasn't a genius either. Her objective is to surpass Kurisu. Just because her route is about her being more confident means that she is more talented. Kurisu was younger and was overshadowing her

That's cool and I get that, but how does that lead over to the Steins gate worldline? Isn't it enough that the paper gets fucked?

Isn't that just because Okabe finds out in 0 that you can fool attractor fields with results that appear similar but not identical?

ah no, if you remember at the end of the OVA (23 beta) Nakabachi makes off with the paper to russia, though it takes a long time for anything to happen because he's a noob. Also, the theory is on Kurisu's laptop and they get into that in S;G 0

It'd just converge and still manage to get the paper to the ruskies in some perverse way.

No, because [ZERO SPOILERS:] the theory is saved in Kurisu's external hard drive and Amadeus' memory backup. Even if the paper is destroyed, there are other copies, but as long as Kurisu is alive, she can stop it from leaking.

Kagari was fucking garbage, Amadeus was grossly underused, the sprites were bad, the CGs had glaring quality, the villain is shitty, the phone was useless, too much Suzuha SoL bullshit, Okabe does nothing most of the time, Mother Goose is screwy with the paradox song and the reused movie scenes, B Suzuha was garbo, Maho could've been used better, Moeka was a mindless plot device except in twin, the non-linearity fucks with shit, etc. Why was 0 so bad?

That's not right. In Beta sans 1.048596, SERN never completes it due to not having Kurisu's expertise and more importantly, WW3 breaking out. SERN can't complete it without Okabe's first D-Mail guaranteeing them Kurisu.

You need Kurisu to live so that she can discredit her father & stop the theory from getting out and the paper to burn so that the Russians, Americans, Stratfor etc don't know that time travel is possible.

Hmm, yeah you're right aren't you. Suzuha's future where SERN is aided by Kurisu is from the beta attractor field. S;G 0 deals with the other world line.

I mean alpha. Or do I? Whatever the one that S;G was set in.

Wouldn't convergence kill her the next day or some shit? Plus the laptop was only introduced in 0, so its kind of a semi-plothole if you're looking at just the original. All other worldline transfers make sense, except the last two - Echalon and SERN already know about them, and they just deleted the text in present day, meaning nothing should've changed. As far as the game and show told it, the way D-mails switch worlines is by replacing the current worldline with another that occured as a result of the mail. The last two, again, don't work like that.

No the SERN dystopia is in Alpha. WW3 is in Beta.

I was promised suffering but we never get a scene where Okaba changes timelines after getting tortured and starts to uncontrolably scream out loud.

>Wouldn't convergence kill her the next day or some shit?
Again, the only events that the Beta attractor field converges on is Okabe seeing Kurisu in a pool of blood and sending the first D-Mail. If Okabe sees her like that, and thinks she's dead, but she *isn't*, then it's still valid by convergence. The only reason that the field also converges on World War III is because WWIII is a direct effect of Kurisu's death. Okabe cheated convergence, basically. it's the same reason Okabe was able to live past 2025 in Promised Rinascimento. He was braindead, and everyone *thought* he was dead, so that was valid by convergence.

nakabachi still gets off with the paper in the original Kurisu end I think. if not, it was retconned anyway

That's also partly because SERN was running flat against the wall over the issue of data packet size since they could only think in terms of temporal teleportation. Kurisu's work in fully extracting Hippocampus data and then applying this onto memory transfer by telephony was not something that would be easily realized, especially with SERN not privy to Kurisu's breakthrough in this memory data extraction in the first place.

Maho would fully complete the possibilities opened by Kurisu's breakthrough by making a backup of Okabe's mind in January 2011 and then restore the memory files to Okabe in 2036, who then time leaps as he takes his memory repeatedly to his comatose body that's been sitting there since 2025. That's how Okabe was able to cheat death in 2025.

yep, this guy knows how to deceive the world
And this is why Maho herself is not Salieri, she is Amadeus, same as Kurisu

>Echalon and SERN already know about them, and they just deleted the text in present day, meaning nothing should've changed.

SERN seems to just be really lazy with checking their Echelon feeds and hasn't found out the future gadget lab has discovered time travel. Without that message they never complete their time travel research, meaning Suzuha never goes back, so everything from 1970 onwards has to be changed.

>That's also partly because SERN was running flat against the wall over the issue of data packet size since they could only think in terms of temporal teleportation.

Sending data would be pointless for them since there would be no way to make sure it works. At least jellymen leave traces, a e-mail sent to a time without cellphones or into deep space is useless.

CERN aquired Okabe and Kurisu who was informed by Okabe.
>b-but he only informed her once he got there the timeline couldn't have run like that
Oh really? Then why is 0kabe present during the first conference with Makashima along with Okabe? Check mate atheists.

>observed chain
This fanfiction again
Observation has nothing to do with it. Convergence NEEDED Okabe to see a Kurisu covered in blood. It was ONE case. Convergence can converge on whatever the fuck it wants and it has nothing to do with observed events, chained or otherwise.

What do you think Suzuhas middle school and highschool life is in the S;G world line?
What will Daru do to all the boys Suzuha pulls

Who explicitly states that? Or is it something the writers pulled out of the gaping maw that is their collective asshole? Cause it sure sounds like it. Also, Kurisu not legit dying somehow manages to switch the worldline? Again, sounds like bullshit.

So basically convergence works in ways that the writers nees it to work. So its actual bullshit.

I don't think she'd have very much time for schooling. The nukes dropped when she was very young. I should read her manga series.

>Who explicitly states that?
Promised Rinascimento, through how Okabe was revived with 2011 backup to see 2036 when he's a vegetable in 2025.

If "the happening" causes the exact same things to take action while still not actully being "the happening" everything is valid and goes as smooth as dick in to Kurisu

>writers use plot devices to carry the story
>writers rely on suspension of disbelief

I don't think reading is particularly for you, user-sama desu wa

You know, it's almost as if it's an element of a fictional universe with it's own set of physical laws or something. In-universe it makes complete sense and it's all logically sound.

>S;G world line
Its weird thinking how Suzuha is what, 2 years old? During Robotics;Notes?
How will her life play out after the the plot of R;N, or will it have any effect at all.
I wonder if A;C takes place in the S;G world line

Oh yeah, wrong world line. I dunno, weren't people uneducated by design in that worldline? Also, doesn't R;N take place in the Stein's Gate?

S;G is fictional in A;C. No 1.048596 for that one.

I hope she had a happy life in the Stein's Gate. Daru is a good papa.

Crash Course:
Divergence is an intra-worldline force. It allows timelines to become unique and seperate from each other creating variation and avoiding all but the most dire paradoxes.
Convergence is an inter-worldline force. It creates points of consistentcy across worldines nullifying certain points of divergence.
Both of these features have only been seen to occur around events that have come to define the worldline causally.
Temporally worldines can be defined as distinct outcomes of an attractor field. Attractor fields, of course, being large centeres of convergent and divergent temporal force which unifies a timelines causality enough that any variation in outcome results in an entirely different physical causality, or as we defined it above, world line.

It's leagues above any other japanese media

Tu-Tu-Tu-TuTuTaRu

One thing I still don't know is who the chick at the end of the closing credits was.

I love it when singsong makes cute noises

I like it when the assistant makes cute noises.

>Okabe cheated convergence, basically

So what you're telling me is he's an even better hacker than Taru?

the only relatively normal person in a group of crazy people

she holds the banana.

Is also the least intelligent. Coincidence?