Whats up with all these retarded light novels coming out now?

whats up with all these retarded light novels coming out now?

>I Saved Too Many Girls and Caused the Apocalypse
>My Little Sister Can Read Kanji
>My Big Sister Lives in a Fantasy World: The World's Strongest Little Brother?!
>Mixed Bathing in Another Dimension: Volume 1: The Hero of the Unlimited Bath
>Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody

is just to name a few.

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2017-01-10/january-and-february-light-novel-titles-are-really-weird/.110805
yaraon-blog.com/archives/98282
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pic unrelated?

>whats up with all these retarded light novels coming out now?
>now
I don't have a slowpoke slow enough for this.

>>My Little Sister Can Read Kanji
This one sounds like a perfectly normal title for some sort of kids' education book.

>This one sounds like a perfectly normal title for some sort of kids' education book.
It's actually about a future where kanji was phased out so imouto is one of the only people who can read old japanese texts.

sorry we dont all ready unofficial translations like you.

>now

>Toyko Ravens
>Hatakaru Maou-sama
Phew, these titles sure are a mouthful.

How my light novels have covers that aren't a clusterfuck of colors?

It's because LN publishers are starved for original stories and turning to WNs for new content
Generally speaking, there is more variation now than 10 years ago. If you pay attention you'll notice that there are less stereotypical battle harems of the "boy meets girl"-type with one main girl and a bunch of orbiters, and more atypical ones that actually become harems. The quality of the literature has plummeted as a result though, because these "authors" are actually amateurs.

>throwing Death March in with those

fuck my sides

>SAO clones
>not shit

my fucking sides.

>Phased out
Thank God.

The last title you posted seems acceptable though and isn't as cringey as you'd think it is.

A "boy meets girl"-type without a harem would be more original at this point, but are there many of those yet? Nearly every LN I see involves a harem.

Does Kagerou Daze count? It's not actually about the two characters in the beginning, so it might not count.

>>Mixed Bathing in Another Dimension: Volume 1: The Hero of the Unlimited Bath
This one is self-aware/facetious, right?

Why bother drawing shit when you can write those atrocious stories word by word and save up?

I don't know if that's necessarily a good thing.

>>Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody
Not too bad compared to the others.

>arabic
What have you been doing bro?

ترجمة رواية خفيفة.

You can usually tell how good a series actually is by how long its title is. The shorter the title, the better.

>29-year-old programmer Suzuki Ichirou finds himself transported into a fantasy RPG. Within the game, he's a 15-year-old named Satou. At first he thinks he's dreaming, but his experiences seem very real. Due to his use of a 3-time-use special power (meteor shower), he ends up wiping out an army of lizardmen and becoming very high level. He hides his level and plans to live peacefully and meet new people, though developments in the game story (like the return of a demon king) might get in his way.

I meant title-wise. Guess almost all LN's are cancer plotwise, but that's not new.

>My Little Sister Can Read Kanji

What's your excuse

MM!

Light Novela are just glorified fanfics by people who suck or are to lazy to draw a proper manga

why are you surprised?Light novels have done nothing apart from delivering shitty fanfics by lazy writers.

Now now, let's not paint them all with the same brush.

>My Big Sister Lives in a Fantasy World: The World's Strongest Little Brother?!
Wait, what's this?
I'm a sucker for otouto centric.

Only lazy gaijin weebs and dumbass uneducated DQN would be happy about removal of kanji from Japanese.
It's like phasing out orthography from English and writing everything phonetically: niggers and rednecks would be happy about their retard kids getting slightly less shit grades in school but people who actually use the damn language to read things will be fucked.

Did wheel of time end yet or what?

Yeah it's ended. Author died before it did but he saw it coming so he left a mountain of notes behind and and requested in his will for another author to use them to finish the series.

someone needs to start translating.

Man, I was like 13 when I started reading it. Guess it's time to finally finish that shit.

now that I think of it it's probably the same person who made these pics
absolute madman

Just remember that Min is best girl.

>now

You left out some other weird ones.
animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2017-01-10/january-and-february-light-novel-titles-are-really-weird/.110805
>A Black Gal Was Transported to a Fantasy World and Mistaken for a Dark Elf
>I Was Reborn as a Vending Machine and Wander the Labyrinth
>I'm a Hero, But I Started a Pizzeria in a Fantasy World with My Elf Bride
>Do You Like Your Mom? Her Normal Attack is Two Attacks at Full Power
To name a few.

>A Black Gal Was Transported to a Fantasy World and Mistaken for a Dark Elf
Is this about a black African or a dark-skinned Japanese?

>Do You Like Your Mom? Her Normal Attack is Two Attacks at Full Power
This one's pretty great though
>you could get a free artbook if you purchased the first volume together with your mom

The third one sounds funny tho

gal meaning gyaru

I remember reading somewhere that its supposed to be ganguro not black gal
Haven't seen the title in question in Japanese, so I can't confirm that it is just a shit translation.

>I Really Needed Money, But This Guy Who Loaned Them Now Demands A Pound Of Flesh From Me!
>Our Families Are Fighting, But I Actually Really Like That Capulletti Girl!
>The Year Is 1984, And I Can't Stop Loving My Big Brother!
>We're Prince's Two Best Friends, But We Have Zero Clue How We Got Here!
>My Father Is A King And Has Died A Mysterious Death, But It Turns Out That My Uncle Is The Killer?!
>I Need To Travel Around The World, But I Only Have Eighty Days To Do That?!
>I'm An Immoral Hedonist, But It's Not A Problem As Long As My Portrait Ages Instead Of Me, Right?
>My Inner Beast Can't Be Contained, But I'm Just A Simple Doctor!
>I Was Recruited To Be a Squire To a Knight But All We Do Is Fight Windmills!
>No Way!! My Best Friends Just Betrayed And Got Me Thrown To Prison But At Least I Get To Become Really Rich!?
>There's No Way My Roommate Is Actually A Brilliant Detective
>I'm An English King, But My Adviser Don't Know What's The Difference Between African and European Swallows?!
>The jealousy of one of my dad's wives is driving me insane!
> Jeez, Darcy-san, I'm only here because of my friend so don't get the wrong idea, got it!?
>My Uncle gave me a Ring as keepsake and suddenly some Oji-san told me to destroy it?!
>Alien-chan Always Does it in Threes!
>I Was a Coming-of-Age Hero Until My Story was Turned into a Thinly Veiled Feminist Tract!
>The Famous Hero of the Empire is Actually a Coward!?
>I Killed the King's Dog so now I Have to be the Replacement!?
>We're the Last of the Great Human Empire and our Founder Can Predict the Future!
>There's no way my step-daughter is this cute!

yaraon-blog.com/archives/98282
黒ギャルが異世界に転生してダークエルフと勘違いされました

>That last one
Lolita?

two nukes weren't enough

Shimazaki Nobunaga showed the booth a picture of F/GO's mother character Minamoto no Yorimitsu, and got the special edition.

The book's pretty popular in the last few days.

Still less retarded that a lot of North American books.

If I don't want to die, I'm sane, but because I'm sane I have to die?!

gurogyaru if I'm reading correctly.

>The book's pretty popular in the last few days
I wonder why...

I'm a gaijin weeb and actually relish the challenge of kanji. More complicated the better.

>tfw a bigger Hong Kongaboo than a weeaboo
>they call it Cantonese because you can't learn it
>Japanese kanji is likely easier than traditional Chinese

the second half of the list completely eluded me
well except LotR

>I Saved Too Many Girls and Caused the Apocalypse

It's actually a pretty good LN.

Seriously, pretty much every new YA book is a rip-off of The Fault in Our Stars.

Sad cancer girls is America's isekai.

>Japanese kanji is likely easier than traditional Chinese
hell, you're likely to find people using some simplified Chinese in HK because their traditional equivalents are pretty time-consuming to write

What about manga that are written by light novel writers?

the LN boom reminds me of the pulp magazine boom of the early 20th century when authors were paid by the word to crank out absolute garbage, but several high-tier sci-fi authors got their start that way, as did the creator of Conan the Barbarian before he decided to eat a bullet. But I am a historyfag and this is not my blog.

It does have some pulpy vibes, you're not wrong.

For a while, it was mopey girls in a dystopian world who form a resistance with two hot guys and use arrows.

>Comparing orthography with Kanji
Nigga, u dumb.

Has Sup Forums ever compiled a info graphic of recommended LNs? I think we need one now more than ever.

>list not in chronological order
>disproportionate amount of Shakespeare titles
>Adviser
It really hurt my brain to read your list.

>start compiling a graph
>some guy recommends Nisionisin or Morimi
>some other guy starts arguing that their books aren't even light novels
>cue 500 post argument going in circles
But I'd like to see you try.

Whatever title is recommended, everyone is going to say that it's shit. Why bother?

can you even do that when LNs aren't technically allowed here?

Where do LNs normally go? /jp/?

I can't imagine /lit/ being too accepting of them.

What's the point? Most of the LNs available in english have dodgy TLs. If you're going only with LNs with official releases (their TLs are at least better than a bunch of those CN --> EN tl), you get a real tiny list anyway.

Unless you can read moon and making a chart for other moon readers, there's not much point.

/jp/, but you probably won't get all that much interest either way. See above.

>I Really Needed Money, But This Guy Who Loaned Them Now Demands A Pound Of Flesh From Me!
Merchant of Venice
>Our Families Are Fighting, But I Actually Really Like That Capulletti Girl!
Romeo and Juliet
>The Year Is 1984, And I Can't Stop Loving My Big Brother!
I feel like 1984 is not the answer to this?
No idea.
>My Father Is A King And Has Died A Mysterious Death, But It Turns Out That My Uncle Is The Killer?!
Hamlet
>I Need To Travel Around The World, But I Only Have Eighty Days To Do That?!
Around the world in 80 days.
>I'm An Immoral Hedonist, But It's Not A Problem As Long As My Portrait Ages Instead Of Me, Right?
Portrait of Dorian Grey
>My Inner Beast Can't Be Contained, But I'm Just A Simple Doctor!
Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde
>I Was Recruited To Be a Squire To a Knight But All We Do Is Fight Windmills!
Don Quixote
>No Way!! My Best Friends Just Betrayed And Got Me Thrown To Prison But At Least I Get To Become Really Rich!?
Count of Monte Cristo
>There's No Way My Roommate Is Actually A Brilliant Detective
Sherlock Holmes
>I'm An English King, But My Adviser Don't Know What's The Difference Between African and European Swallows?!
Monty Python?
>The jealousy of one of my dad's wives is driving me insane!
Othello
> Jeez, Darcy-san, I'm only here because of my friend so don't get the wrong idea, got it!?
Pride and Prejudice
>My Uncle gave me a Ring as keepsake and suddenly some Oji-san told me to destroy it?!
Lord of the Rings
>Alien-chan Always Does it in Threes!
Rendevous with Rama
>I Was a Coming-of-Age Hero Until My Story was Turned into a Thinly Veiled Feminist Tract!
No idea?
Uhhh?
>I Killed the King's Dog so now I Have to be the Replacement!?
Nope?
>We're the Last of the Great Human Empire and our Founder Can Predict the Future!
Foundation
>There's no way my step-daughter is this cute!
Lolita?

Sorry, I did my best.

/lit/ hates them because they're not pretentious enough
/jp/ hates the translated ones, because it brings newfags to their board
Sup Forums would probably on the fence, but mods won't let us

That sister kanji thing is quite old.

They are basically clickbait

Pretty sure this is Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead.

Maybe The Hunger Games?

The Prince's best friend one is Rosencrantz and Guildenstern, I think.

well, yes, but the more popular ones did get threads even without an adaptation here
depends on the mods really
Ciaphas Cain I presume

This is one that Sup Forums compiled a while back.

Last one might be Cinderella

>Mahouka

It's not even ironically good.

It was made based on suggestions in one thread. That's why these recommendation charts don't work, no one can agree on these things.

I doubt, the titles seem to come from the main PoV character, who IS Cinderella.

Well, it was too good for this world ;_;

>My Dad is an Intergalactic Space Lord and His Voice Actually Belongs to a Black Man?!
>I Broke the Law, Now the Law Wants Me to Enforce it?!
>My Dad is Trying to Make Me Marry a Girl I Have Never Met, Now I Only Have 40 Days to Find a Wife on My Own; and I Have to Do it in a Foreign Nation?!
>My Girlfriend Wants to Rob a Bank on Our Date?!
>I Have to Go Look for a Diamond with Five Other Guys, and They're the Ones Calling Me Gay?!

>I'm Telling a Journalist About an Interdimensional Conspiracy But it Turns Out He's Actually a Nigger?!

>I wanted to take care of my family, but now I'm in trouble with the Yakuza, and more importantly my Brother in law.

was going to say the same, if its like the manga that's worth reading, going to look into it.

All authors tend to start as amateurs.
Isekai is a great format for complete newbies to just start writing and that's why the market is being flooded with them recently.

What's your favorite light novel?
Mine's Purple Haze Feedback, though it's kind of cheating since it's based off an existing property.

What is that pizzeria one? thats a bad enough translation nothing i'm typing in is giving me a result, at best it's giving me elf brid lns and manga.

>>We're Prince's Two Best Friends, But We Have Zero Clue How We Got Here!
>No idea.

Rozencrantz and Gildenstern are dead?

100% It's Lolita

She's probably the only female in the books that isn't infuriating

i am looking forward to volume 10 of shinmai maou no testament which is coming out soon, it will have a sex scene apparently :)

言い訳?ないよ

You didn't need to say the same thing as me y'know?

someone please make a shinmai thread.

Come back when you've seen more than 3 anime

Didn't we already have a thread with some of the LNs in that OP like, four years ago? I kinda remember one user who said he'd like to see (or maybe he didn't want to see) a YuuShibu anime, and it just happened to air in the following season or so.

The only understanding is through anime culture so the PM of Japan is a 2d girl