Every decade of anime is defined generally by one or two character designers' artstyle...

Every decade of anime is defined generally by one or two character designers' artstyle. Will the 2010s be defined by Masayoshi Tanaka's character designs? Especially now that Kimi No Na Wa is the highest grossing anime film of all time.

Other urls found in this thread:

webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
japantimes.co.jp/culture/2016/12/27/films/please-dont-see-animated-blockbuster-says-japans-new-miyazaki-makoto-shinkai/#.WGJ9rxsrLIW
fictionpress.com/s/3206139
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>highest grossing anime film of all time.
I guess you could say that it found a way.

Here are some of the most popular anime in the past 10 years that he's designed the characters for

>Anohana
>kimi no Na Wa
>Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda
>Highschool of the Dead
>Ano Natsu
>My-HIme
>Toradora

I´m surprised this was 80% of the loved Sup Forums meme. Almost like he read the meme and stole it. As close as meme becoming real as possible.

Still Ghibli's style since Andou Masashi (Spirited Away, Marie) adopt Tanaka style into the main animation.

>generic fuccboi and cute girl
Not much to copy really

I doubt Masayoshi Tanaka's designs will be that influential, but it would be nice if more anime character designers would make more animation friendly designs like Tanaka does.

Keit-ai is already a manga. Stop posting it.

webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825

Stop watching my movie

Keit-Ai has been made into:

>a wiki
>a fanfic
>a fictionpress story
>a manga
>a meme
>an anime preview
>an anime episode
>an anime series
>an honest-to-goodness anime movie
>Oscar considered
>a critically acclaimed box office success in Japan
>a worldwide hit
>the no. 1 highest grossing anime film of all time

We've gone a long, long way.

Reminder that Makoto Shinkai thinks Keit-Ai is a mistake.

japantimes.co.jp/culture/2016/12/27/films/please-dont-see-animated-blockbuster-says-japans-new-miyazaki-makoto-shinkai/#.WGJ9rxsrLIW

No.

Just because someone made a popular show for that decade doesn't mean suddenly that show will be the one show that defined an entire decade's worth of art style trends.

Are you retarded?

>Manga
What? Sauce
To be added, is the number one best rated anime.
Don´t see him bitching about all that money he earned. He can buy land, 10 houses and 100 cars.

I always found the Ghibli style to be bland.

you mean meme manga or your name manga? because there is an official one and a novel

see

Masayoshi Tanaka, much to the likeness of that to how Ghibli is identified and to an extent how Satoshi Kon is identified, will more than likely be defined by his art style.

to say he will be the sole definition of an entire decade's worth of art trends is some next level dick sucking there, OP.

Everyone loves Keit-ai except Mami Kawada Lover, crossboarders, and mods.

>Every decade of anime is defined generally by one or two character designers' artstyle.

2010s was mostly defined by the K-On or KyoAni style.

What decade did Ghibli's style ever define? Definitely not the 70s, which were defined by Yoshida's and Mastumoto's designs. And not the 80s, which were defined by Haruhiko Mikimoto and Yasuhiko. Maybe you could argue that the 90s were defined by Ghibli artstyle, but I'd argue against that. Ghibli are just in a category of their own, and aren't seen as typical anime art for any decade.

what a disappointing decade

Is it time?

He didn't make just one show. The shows that he's worked on have tended to be some of the most popular of the decade. It doesn't help that his artstyle is easy to convert to animation
I can see that as well

you could fucking say the same damn thing for Tanaka

this whole categorizing each decade with a single fucking person is idiotic

>make popular show = his art style is the definition of that decade

that's how fucking retarded you sound right now.

The definition of an art trend per decade is defined by the popular style many artists take to when drawing during that point in time. It's the one reason why avid readers of manga can look at an old piece of shit manga no one's read and vaguely get an idea of which era that manga was made.

80s > 00s > 70s > 60s > 10 > > >>>>> shit > 90s

>Manga based on the meme
>Manga based on the anime that took the idea from the meme (or not)
>Novel based on the anime that took the idea from the meme (or not)
Jesus.

70=80>2000>60>90
I don't even know what to do with the 2010

He should try doing chara design for something good

>High School of the Dead
>his art style

>The shows that he's worked on have tended to be some of the most popular of the decade
>Here are some of the most popular anime in the past 10 years that he's designed the characters for

>KokoSake
>HotD
>AnoNatsu
Are you retarded? And you can't use MyHime or Toradora as evidence of the 2010s, faggot. Not like "his work is successful" is what "defining the decade" means, anyway, like said. Basically, kill yourself.

Sounds about right, although 90s is kinda misrepresented since Lina's face doesn't go well with Mio's head.

The Aku no Hana anime had some...interesting design choices.

> 90s is kinda misrepresented since Lina's face doesn't go well with Mio's head
Lina's face doesn't really go well with anything. That whole plastic-y cheek-pouch style was a questionable trend in general, and Saber Marionette J was the most questionable of all.

Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139