youtube.com/watch?v=N4zM5XbRzHE&t=92s
youtube.com/watch?v=3eTPTDE7Fr8
youtube.com/watch?v=7X3Me4qPTY8
youtube.com/watch?v=77J-kuy9oHc
youtube.com/watch?v=fUkmYZJiAks
youtube.com/watch?v=NkgJ9oAQtKk
youtube.com/watch?v=NtDKdMfEbMI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Only nostalgia edgelord prefer 1999 to 2011.

youtube.com/watch?v=N4zM5XbRzHE&t=92s

youtube.com/watch?v=3eTPTDE7Fr8

HxH 2011 had an okay soundtrack with some legitimate gems in there that were overused like crazy

Legend of Martial Artist and Emperor Time were the worst offenders

The soundtrack wasn't bad, the usage was.

muh heart
youtube.com/watch?v=7X3Me4qPTY8

said no one ever

Wrong.

I don't think it was so much that 2011 had a bad soundtrack as it was that the music was poorly used. You had the same few tracks playing over and over again, and only a couple rarely used ones you ever actually wanted to hear.

But he's right, there was quite a few moments that were almost completely killed by bad music choices.

I don't know if it was bad but it sure was unremarkable compared to 99.

youtube.com/watch?v=77J-kuy9oHc
youtube.com/watch?v=fUkmYZJiAks
youtube.com/watch?v=NkgJ9oAQtKk
youtube.com/watch?v=NtDKdMfEbMI

1999 did York Shin a good bit better

that whole arc had a noir-theme to it, and the darkness and grittiness of the older version helped amplify this

most everywhere else and certainly after, 2011 was better

not an argument

I get why people have issues with the sound design of 2011, but honestly I think the music in 1999 is much worse. It sounds as dated as the anime looks, which isn't all that bad unto itself, but it does lack an emotional weight to it that would make it resonate with new viewers 20 years later. I suppose 1999 was a much less emotional show, though.

That flute is really cheesy, too.

>>HxH 2011 had a bad soundtra-
No one said this. Comparatively it was inferior to the 99 version and also was poorly used but it wasn't bad.

Each song was very good. They just over used a few of them and many moments had an inappropriate score for the scene.

>I get why people have issues with the sound design of 2011
Its called having taste which you clearly lack. You're just saying its good because you just like the 2011 version

>I suppose 1999 was a much less emotional show, though.

god, the atmosphere in some of the 1999 scenes were so fucking good

This just sound like video game music.

The manga sounds better.

maybe try reading what you quote you retarded salty mongoloid.

It sounds like something from PS1/PS2 era JRPGs which is why it's so great. It perfectly fits the adventurous world of Gon and hxh.

any new infos about the anime/manga?

The soundtrack is mediocre and samey, and the music usage is absolutely terrible.