wasabisyrup.com/archives/asZO-bmgL2M

Other urls found in this thread:

manganetabarespoiler.com/manga-spoiler/magi-335-spoiler
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Amon's equipped Alibaba is badass as fuck

Fin.

Thanks user.

Makes no sense

The way I see it, Sinbad is making them go through seven trials that are amalgamations/reflections of Sinbad's personal history.

Sure.

We need translations ASAP.

>Arba reduced into tour guide now
My sides

wanna make the bet that the last one that Sinbad mindfucked is Alibaba?

That plot point has long sailed.

manganetabarespoiler.com/manga-spoiler/magi-335-spoiler
This here have some pages translated in english, hope that help

>Aladdin following the killer of his parents without any suspicion

This is Naruto tier.

Pretty sure he's just following the tits.

Hope we'll see some sort of Celendine doppelganger in the upcoming trials. I want to see how Judar will react to that.

>Don't worry,there still enought time for fighting
what?

He means that they still have time until the process of returning everyone to the rukh activates.

I am behind with Sinbad no Bouken. What happened between her and Judar?

He chose her as his king and trained her to obtain djinn equip. A recent omake revealed that he had trouble making friends at the Sindria company because he was such a brat and that he considered her his only friend. (Page in question if you view the spoiler pic.)

Aww cute. It's gonna be sad when she dies then.

Thanks

Well, he hasn't called her the coolest girl yet.

Still better than literally all the other females in the series at this point who are completely useless.

Mor is cooking delicious food for Baba as we speak.

I doubt it user.

This shit better not be just a series of trials they have to pass so Sinbad can just piss off and accept their wishes in the end.

Nah I hope Alibaba tears the faggot's heart out.

You'll see. She'll get some practice in and make the best damn cake that was ever made for when her husbando comes home.

How will alibaba survive their first night?

So, I guess Alibaba and Hakuryuu fight Sinbad while Aladdin and Judar fight David?

Too soon to tell. So far it looks like they'll fight Sinbad at different stages of his life. Other enemies that are left are Arba and David. They'll probably both come into play at some point, too.

What about Ugo?

Can Ja'far enter this shit place, kick Sinbad's ass, make him cry and apologize?

Nope. Ja'far's just a zombie now.

Well last time we saw him David showed him and illusion of Solomon that told him that he could rest because he did a good job. Who knows what he's up to now.

Among the people who were left behind, the only person who has a slight chance to make a surprise entrance is Hakuei. This panels of Hakuryuu returning her fan to her might be foreshadowing.
I wouldn't bet too hard on it though.

Like, what if David makes the illusion tell Ugo to attack them, would he do it? Would he hurt Aladdin if he thought Solomon wanted it?

I guess that's possible. But unless Aladdin believes that the illusion is the real Solomon, he'll probably only be pained by having to fight Ugo.

It's a crying shame how so many characters got the shaft like this.

Aladdin could very well be more powerful than David at this point. Maybe he can dispell the illusion.

Guess Ohtaka wanted to raise the stakes by having a "small group against the world"-type of situation. But the price was having most characters being unable to show off their skills or doing anything relevant at all.

I could see it. They'll probably have a reunion since Aladdin said a few times in chapter 333 that he wants to see him again.

I'm still mad Hakuei got shafted so hard from the entire series. What the fuck Ohtaka? The only females to get even focus are Arba and Fish, the later who only got more recently. Morg became a literal who and is now only waifu-tier, Hakuei only became relevant because Arba possessed her, Nerva was a complete joke etc.

I can't wait for the story to end. I like Magi but recently, esp since the end of the Kou Empire arc, feels like a drag to read at times.

If you really want the story to end that badly, why don't you just drop it?

Getting really tired of god emperor Sinbad now. Not because of this chapter, but because this arc is paradoxically more boring than Alma Torran by sheer virtue of nothing interesting happening. Once we got to the sacred realm the entire arc just dropped in quality. I actually miss adventures of Alibaba and Econimics and that's not to say it was bad, but it was more captivating than what's happening right now.

>nothing interesting happening.
>I actually miss adventures of Alibaba and Econimics
The irony

So I am not allowed to say my negative opinion on the series? And I don't drop it because as I said I still like it but yes, it has its problems which are not so small to ignore. It's also towards it's ending so I am gonna stick it with.

It was the best part of this arc by a country mile. Not that that's a particularly high standard in the first place.

Applying ice talismans to refrigeration was better than what we have now.

>So I am not allowed to say my negative opinion on the series?
I never said that. I just don't see the logic in following a story that you hope ends.

>refrigeration
That was the most interesting thing you could come up with?

I mainly wish we had gotten more relationship development in this arc. The characters had a lot of conflicts with each other but most of it got resolved easily or brushed aside.

I'm sorry, maybe you like mass teleportation, how it can impact shipping and trade, and how it posed a threat to Sinbad's monopoly on airship based transport?

It was all good and little things like the talismans were nice worldbuilding alongside the larger innovations.

What'll happen to Ugo, I wonder? Aladdin wants to destroy the SP, so I doubt things will end well for Ugo no matter what happens.

I didn't even consider that! It would be sad if he died, but maybe there is some other way.

> I just don't see the logic in following a story that you hope ends.
I see it more as an emotional thing than logic. Magi is good but has lost a lot of it's appeal. Personally, the reason I want it to end, regardless that's on the road to do about that, it's because it feels like it's dragging, I don't enjoy it as much as before and I'm still reading it because it's something I do weekly. There were times I was putting it on hold because I got bored with it but always came back to see what's going on. You can say it's unreasonable but that's how I feel about it.

I'm just shooting in the dark here, but maybe he'll get reincarnated as a human by Aladdin before he destroys the SP.

Sounds good. I'm curious what the world will be like once the group has accomplished its goal.

Yeah, the corporate competition between Alibaba and Sinbad, and learning of all the econmomic woes of Kou and how Alibaba will get them out of it were the most interesting aspects of this arc for me. Fish also went through the best character development before Sinbad brainwashed her.

>before Sinbad brainwashed her.
I'm not a fishfag and I'm still mad about the Zephyr reveal during the war. Fuck mind control man. Fuck Sinbad.

This is why I just can't bring myself to like Aladdin as a character. He's too whiter-than-white. He's basically the beacon of morality in this series who can do no wrong; someone kills the person who raised you? Forgive them. Someone kills your best friend and chosen King? Forgive them. Someone kills your mother in the most brutal of ways and massively fucks over your father? Forgive them. He's a caricature of Shounen MC's at this point.

Alibaba's the same, but to a lesser extent. Forgiving the guy who literally killed you out of pure malice is asinine.

Sorry I have forgotten, but were the other two people Sinbad was controlling, revealed? I have a feeling we still don't know who the third person is.

>He's a caricature of Shounen MC's at this point.
I wish I could agree, but being this ridiculously forgiving, simple-minded and pure as a pretty big trend in shounen when I look at all the other series I've read over the years.

Some end before things get THIS ridiculous, but generally speaking heroes who carry grudges, justified or not, and better yet, hold onto them, are actually fairly rare, at least in mainstream works.

I agree. I like Hakuryuu now, but everyone forgiving him for straight up murdering Alibaba so quickly was silly, especially Morgiana and Aladdin himself. That one guy form his household wanted revenge but Aladdin talked him down in one page.

I think there was some precedent with Morg since she didn't kill the slaver guy Fatima either, despite hating slavers according to one guidebook and there being no guarantee that he won't go and just do the same shit yet again.

But he didn't hurt anyone that she had a very strong bond with, so it didn't stick out like a sore thumb unlike later events.

One of the basic concepts in Magi are the power and ability, if we can name them that, to forgive anyone who has done bad/awful things to you or your beloved ones because that's the only way to move forward according to Aladdin and the story in general.

It's one of the problems I have with the story and why I believe Hakuryuu going through his revenge was a better thing to do and not forgive Arba, and still hasn't (Judar as well). Sadly, our MC duo are out of this world because of this ideal. Morgiana too when she forgave Hakuryuu. It's basically the reason I don't care for the trio although Baba at least takes good action and has a thing with his words at times.

As a Hakuryuu fan, as much as I like him, the guy deserved more punishment for the shit he did and Aladdin with Morgiana shouldn't have forgive him. And do not let get me start about the white-black rukh thing.

Main characters seem to operate on two extremes when it comes to Shounen: Either they're completely pure of heart and are immune to corruption, never succumbing to internal conflict or indulging base human desires, or they are mentally unstable psychopaths who are so hell-bent on revenge that they fuck up everything around them.

Magi contains examples of both.

Yeah, people basically fell into depravity when they carried a strong grudge and couldn't let go until they cursed destiny. So it was grudges vs forgiveness from the start and didn't always mesh well with the politics aspect of the story.

I kinda hope that Hakuryuu and Judar stay firm on Arba, but I could see Ohtaka writing them into forgiving her, too.

Yeah, it's basically as you say. I dunno if so many authors go for these extremes because they don't think the target demographic of 12-16-yos can handle anything more complicated or if it's something they do for max. drama. Either way, it gets tiresome after a while and I appreciate the few shounen authors that go against the grain.

While I sort of understand her point of view given her personality, it still felt off. This guy killed the man you loved, yet she barely says anything about it. Even worse she became friends with him again during the time skip. I'm not asking her to go full Guts, but a little anger would have been justified.

I'm with you on this. It would have been also nice to see what happened in the 3-years-time-skip, like her seeing him work as an emperor and how he has really improved and then she starts to slowly trust him again. It would have been good development for them both.

Yup, which while it's an interesting concept to expand and see the potential of the effects it has on the characters and the story in general, at the same time it can fall to your dual shounen tropes of good vs bad ignoring why these characters had grudges in first place and can't let go. Which in most cases the reasons are very reasonable like war in your country, killing of beloved ones etc. It's not because they killed someone or made bad actions, this usually comes after they fall into depravity, but the reasons they can't forgive and move on are, in most cases so far, justifiable.

> I kinda hope that Hakuryuu and Judar stay firm on Arba, but I could see Ohtaka writing them into forgiving her, too.
It's something I can also see happening and I hope to god Ohtaka won't do this. I can let Aladdin's case pass, because he was a baby when Arba did what she did to his parents but Hakuryuu and Judar had 20 years of her awful actions that made them unhappy and full of revenge characters.

I suppose the series is still doing more than I expected since Hakuryuu's talk with Aladdin in the Kou empire arc and Aladdin's later doubts about whether falling into depravity is really bad actually payed off in the plot. But it happened very late and much more could have been done with it.

Judar and Hakuryuu being both scared and pissed at Arba and anything related to her is good at least. Also, Haku's speech about how they will not always agree on everything might be also a sign that maybe they'll be allowed to keep their anger.

>grudges vs forgiveness from the start and didn't always mesh well with the politics aspect of the story.
I'm surprised that there aren't more people that fell into depravity given how war torn the world of Magi is. Even if we restrict it to just people in leadership positions there should be a fair number of people on the losing side of any conflict that fall into depravity.

>I'm surprised that there aren't more people that fell into depravity given how war torn the world of Magi is. Even if we restrict it to just people in leadership positions there should be a fair number of people on the losing side of any conflict that fall into depravity.

That part was always pretty unrealistic. I thought that the whole concept of falling into depravity and black vs white rukh was interesting, but I feel like it should have been fleshed out more than it actually was. There was never an explanation why there weren't much more fallen people in the world. I suppose the biggest incidents were usually related to Al-Thamen riling up people even further, but there were also cases were people became fall even without their involvement.

>But it happened very late and much more could have been done with it.
Yes. I liked the speech Hakuryuu gave to Aladdin after that fight and that it really made Aladdin rethink the whole concept of depravity. But not only it got introduced late into the series but the fact that Hakuryuu when back to white rukh (yes, he could not have killed Kouen and still remain in depravity) is something that still leaves a bitter taste in me. It's like saying black rukh is bad while white rukh is good, which we know by now it's not the case but well, it keeps happening.

I am with you in this. I hope they won't forgive Arba and be allowed to not be the white knights of forgiveness as the main trio is.

That's the thing, I think Magi is a prime example of a really good story with the potential to become e great one, but is massively held back by its demographic. The series is part of a genre that too strictly adheres to conventions that dilute nuance that can make characters truly compelling, and Aladdin has been hit the hardest by these conventions.

I honestly believe that Magi would have worked better as a Seinen. Ohtaka incorporates a plethora of themes that authors simply don't have the freedom to work with because the target audience is essentially children.

There are some exceptions, like Togashi with HxH, but he's a complete anomaly. Not many authors enjoy the same luxuries from their magazine as he does.

>It's like saying black rukh is bad while white rukh is good, which we know by now it's not the case but well, it keeps happening.
I'm relived that at least Judar hasn't become white so far. After Hakuryuu I was convinced that the end goal was to turn him, too, one way or another. But yeah, if it's not bad, Haku could have stayed fallen. My only consolation is that he became white once he had already spared Kouen, Fish and the other Rens. So at least that proves that fallen people are not incapable or mercy or empathy. I suppose Judar proved this, too, to some degree by caring for Haku no matter what.

Fuck this whole chapter rise so much great potential plot point but then got all throw out of the window.

>Alibaba learning what it take to be a true Leader/King
>Nah, you will be death for 3 years so you no need to learn about those dirty methods, just keep your mind pure

>Alibaba working with the Kou vs Sinbad
>You're death so stay out of this

>How can Alibaba take back Balbadd in this situation
>Timeskip, not gonna explain shit

I wonder how many chapters each trial will last, this could take a while.

forgot pic

If Sinbad is as dickish as Ugo was, he'll let them get close enough to actually think they'll win before crushing any hope.

Yeah, a pity since her previous series was even seine (even if it was a harem comedy).

Maybe a more niche shounen magazine could have already made a difference. I feel like she's more daring with SnB which is in UraSunday.