There is literally nothing wrong with living in a comfy suburb in a standalone house with your own private yard and...

There is literally nothing wrong with living in a comfy suburb in a standalone house with your own private yard and parking spots.

>But muh auto-centric isolated single-use postmodern hellscape!

First of all, while there ARE drawbacks to the suburbs, many CAN be corrected with changes in zoning while maintaining the physical characteristics of the area and its advantages relating to personal space. Second, in a future of self-driving automobiles, this will become less of a problem. Third, many urban-dwellers are EXTREMELY isolated, to the point of depression - personal trust and friendship groups are a separate matter from urban vs. suburban.

But... can you grow a garden in a high-rise apartment? Can you develop practical skills such as woodworking, welding, etc. in the comfort of your own garage? Can you install a home gym and pump up your lifts in a dense Kowloon Walled City-style hovel?

I doubt it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hy4QjmKzF1c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The problem with suburbia is that it's boring.

Nothing wrong except voting for Trump. City people all voted for Hillary

All of you city faggots need to liquidate your assets and move to a midwestern town of between 5-10k people. Living in the city has ruined you and your only hope is to start fresh in a new place, raise your kids right and embrace a real community. Good luck.

I'd rather raise my children in a safe boring suburb with than in an urban shithole.

oy vey your lifes are very (((boring))) goyim seems like you need to spice it up with a couple of afghans and and somalis moving into your neighbourhood

I'm in a pretty comfy spot.
>House is 112 years old
>Second biggest city in New England (Still only 200,000 people
>3/4 of an acre of land less than a mile away from Main Street downtown.

We just fenced our yard too, my dog gets to run around undisturbed.
I'm close to all the action while still living like a rural guy.

T. satanist.

Have you ever lived in a suburb?

Only dumb people and women get 'bored'. If you're intelligent you will always have something to do.

My town + region have tripled in population since I was a kid.
It's starting to become "diverse" and a bunch of cucks are seeing this as a positive thing. Also it's becoming crowded and traffic is nearly unbearable. Time to move into the woods.

Literally only looks bad from the top.

They don't build these neighborhoods to appease people in airplanes.

Shut the fuck up.

Are you going to tell me it's as unsafe and degenerate as the inner city?

That picture is literally the most expensive neighborhood in China though you fucktard.

>isolated
Suburban dwellers are probably just as isolated if not worse. Trying to emulate the small town or rural life is not the same. Even then country bumpkins are dull and oblivious to the beauty around them that astounds urban dwellers. If there's a resbonsible use of space like smaller yards, no two car garages, and solar panels like in other developed countries and like is being done in some cities in America with a deviation from outdoor large parking lots and growth of public transport than it could work but with pointless cookie cutter McMansions it's just wasteful.
Also how many homeowners do you know who are young and financially stable.

>Rich Chinese live like middle class losers in America
hahahaha

Fuck off atheist shill, Sup Forums is a Christian board.

You meant a Pagan board.

WEAK as shit man... dont try to argue if you cant even respond other than with some pussy ass straw-man question/retort like that. internet bitch-ass #1

country life is 10 times better, no shitty neighbors or crime. Plus you can shoot guns.

its safe, organized, predictable, clean. ya id rather take my family to the holocaust of the inner city. its boring? dont be a selfish prick, your kids will be fine, raise em right. you can travel/leave the neighbourhood. and if you dont then your kids will have the opportunity to when their older (and with a better chance because of the suburb cushion) DONT BE SELFISH, DO IT FOR YOUR KIDS, BUT RAISE YOUR KIDS NOT TO BE PUSSIES ALONG THE WAY

excuse me for the grammar and spelling, its the vodka talking.

This looks like a nightmare

Trafic

>not being able to walk to a grocery store in minutes

looks like hell, i'll stay in a city, thanks.

judging by the hanging pollution its a china copycat suburb.

I live in a lilly white town of 1800 souls nestled in foothills of the Rockies . There is literally ZERO crime. Now that's comfy

Those are literally goy farms.

Good post

>Literally only looks bad from the top.
Looks great from the top. those houses are huge. Must be a wealthy neigbourhood

>living inside that bee hive
fuck that, i'll take my fjords
over that shit any day.

That place looks weird, like the houses are too big for the plots. Surely people who could afford to live there would want more open space. And there's nothing but houses, no shops or parks or anything.

This. Where you live should have little impact on your interests, and living in an urban environment applies many physical and fiscal constraints to hobbies and occupations.

I agree. When I hear someone say there was "nothing to do" in a certain city, or that they visited France and "did Paris in a day" I really have no idea what they mean. I imagine standing with them and placing new restaurants, cinemas, shopping centres, museums etc in the town until they finally say "ah, now, finally, there is something to do!". Like children really who need to be surrounded by toys.

Too true. I live in the middle of nowhere with nothing but pine trees and brown bears and there is always something to do because I'm not a brainlet.

>Living in a soulless grid completely isolated from society

Indicidualism is cancerous and is why people are getting depression and killing themselves at record rates

>le 5 am globalist shillings

>Americans will never have the joy of living in a comfy old town, surrounding by shops and cobblestone streets and old cathedrals and town hall

Watch this to understand why suburban living kills your soul

Forgot link:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hy4QjmKzF1c

Even the most bland cut and past house can be a home if you fill it with meaningful memories and share it with people you care about.

We have plenty of comfy small towns.
I'd much rather live in pic related.

americans are in the habit of making suburbs and cities that are too rectangular and monotone.

regardless some of those suburbs can be nice I visited one or two.

Ive been in england in a city where they did something similar; literally every single god damned house in 5km radius was the same red brick white decoration victorian style, and the streets where dead straight. My god people.

The area was acceptable but there is a case to be made for stepping out of line, in the literal sense

pic related

What do you think you're daughters will do when they're bored?

>Population: 286 people

Topkek the trouble is that American city were made from the ground up whilst European cities formed organically. We still have buildings from a thousand years ago. You just have to experience living in a European old town, it is full of life and aesthetic. I believe it is in the essence of the European man to be surrounded by classical architecture and the sights and sounds of a quintissentially European city. It is incredibly soothing and lifts up your spirit every time. Also the walkability is amazing, I commute to and from work everyday and don't require a car because the public transport and metro system is just that good. You can even carry your bikes in the metros.

Modern city/urban life is the apex of isolated transient living and individualism. Most white suburban areas have pretty decent social interaction, more so than urban areas. In Europe at least.

>Shitty people all voted for Hillary

>muh 1000 year old building
>muh art
that stuff gets boring pretty fast pic related
p.s i know pic is meme but still not that far from reality

suburbia doesn't look bad at all from the european big city dweller perspective
looks a lot whiter too
although I will agree that while you're young the city is much more fun and interesting

>You just have to experience living in a European old town, it is full of life and aesthetic.

Just saying though that a lot of those places like Dresden is a tourist hell hole, you want to avoid literally the center pieces of the town because there are tourists everywhere, everything is overpriced in those areas and you simply cannot get to where you want to go on time.

I've lived in the country and in major cities but I prefer in between towns that are not necessarily 'old'. In Utrecht you can hardly get anywhere as much as in Amsterdam, Utrecht is less bad but all the buildings are fucked up as in electricity linked so if the power goes out it goes out in all 3 buildings next to one another. Houses are overpriced, you have tourists everywhere.

Brugge doesn't have anyone living in the town center, I noticed all the buildings around the tourist things are all empty.

I live in an in between town now like everyone does, you avoid the tourist ant hills like a plague.

>bunch of teenage girl
so those are the standards for what is or isn't boring to you

good to know

Where is that photo taken? Never seen suburbs look like that before.

>I believe it is in the essence of the European man to be surrounded by classical architecture and the sights and sounds of a quintissentially European city.
dont forget about being surrounded by muslim hordes

>t. brainlet

This is a bunch of kids who will grow up on Snapchat and Instagram instead of appreciating the finer things in life and that is acceptable to Amerigoys?

t. 56% mutt

What private yard? I see no private yards anywhere in OPee's picture. The only privacy those poor people can have is in their friggn cellar.

>America ... has created a 'civilization' that represents an exact contradiction of the ancient European tradition. It has introduced the religion of praxis and productivity; it has put the quest for profit, great industrial production, and mechanical, visible, and quantitative achievements over any other interest. It has generated a soulless greatness of a purely technological and collective nature, lacking any background of transcendence, inner light, and true spirituality. America has [built a society where] man becomes a mere instrument of production and material productivity within a conformist social conglomerate.

I don't want to live with so many people. A small American town in the middle of the mountains is completely free of shitskins and chinese tourists. I have lived in the city all my life and I despise it. I hate the feeling of being boxed in with all these other people and immigrants. And I would NEVER give up my car and the freedom it gives me. Nor will I willingly commute to work in public transportation that is becoming increasingly darker and smellier over time. I don't care how old and pretty a city is, for me a city is a tourist destination rather than a place to live.
I want to come home to a peaceful place not the bustling streets.

I split my time growing up between West Virginia (1 mile to nearest neighbor and 25 minutes to town with a gas station) and the suburbs of Baltimore.

Pros of burbs:
-Close to city/stores and such.
-Lots of kids to play with.
-Relative safety.

Suburb Cons:
-Keeping up with Jones bullshit.
-Pretentious assholes.
-Child diddlers.
-Cost of living means parents won't be around much.

Pros of secluded mountain life:
-Shit tons of room.
-Learn about nature and practical survival skills. -Limited neighbors so zero crime.
-Peace and quiet 24-7.
-Cheap cost of living.
-You can do whatever the fuck you want on your land.

Cons of mountain life:
-Your family could get attacked by bears or coyotes (srsly).
-Relatively no safety net (nearest small hospital 30+ mins away).
-If you're not into nature you'll be bored.
-Not many kids nearby.

I've decided mountain life is better than suburb/city. Different strokes for different folks though.

>small communities are better
Not if you're the kind of person who browses Sup Forums, or if you have different opinions. People in smaller communities live in a hivemind and ostracize those who dare to disagree. Not to mention that practically every school shooting happens in smaller communities, so it's not safer.

>that stuff gets boring pretty fast pic related

t. nigger

Looks like Chinese suburb
in fog

Urban>suburban areas
I would rather live a km outside the city than having a small useless garden when I can have one 10x bigger

It is in China, which explains why it looks ugly as fuck

Urban Planner here,

meh, it's been solved through zoning. through the 1940's urban sprawl, people became accustomed to their 1/4 acre blocks of land and car, bbq etc. Thats all well and good, but if you want the economy to keep ticking over you need to continue construction. We did this in our local government area by opening up both old farmland for urban sprawl and significantly increasing heights and densities in tourism hotspots. Locals keep their urban sprawl and tourists get the glitz and glamour

No.its the other way around

Alaska reporting in. That looks likes shit.

If you don’t own a min of 1.0 acres, you aren’t a home owner.

How do I get your job. I have 1000 hours in Simcity 4 and think I've mastered the art. What do I need to do?

mate, thats what got me interested. I stupidly went to uni (fell for the education jew), but i'd suggest going to work for private companies for free/experience until they take you on

>owns a home, but not an alaskan's arbitrary minimum standard lot size qualifier
>find out you've been telling people lies for years and feel like a fraud

Honest question.

Why is there no grass? It's something related to winter (look at my flag. i saw snow twice in 27 years)

There is NO WHERE GOOD TO LIVE IN ENGLISH-SPEAKING COUNTRIES. Everywhere is a hellhole. If you weren't born in a comfy Mediterranean town, you'll never live somewhere pleasant.

i would love to live there. looks comfy and non-diverse as fuck

What sort of companies? Real estate like LJ Hooker or someone else?

nice cherrypicking with the pic, pic rel is the real problem

another problem is bad build qualtiy of subburban homes. But I wouldnt bother, you have to escape from nigs somehow

>cheap build
>overpriced
>ugly

jesus christ.. use google, seek, linkedin

why? i don't get why people hate it

Suburbs are comfy and help form communities.
They actually become safer because strangers stick out so much.

Yeah no I'm good. It's fine to do temporarily but I'll end up in the city or country

I’ve never been to Worcester, although I’ve briefly driven through. Living in Boston, which is superior to NY’s rat cages. How does Worcester compare?

Absolutely sickening

Google “McMansions”

>grocery store is full of minorities and junkies begging you for change

no thanks

No one cares about your shit opinions. This isn't politics related.

>cringe
who would want that?

>surrounding by shops
I buy everything off amazon
> cobblestone streets
shit for driving
>old cathedrals
that are empty

What's the difference between the red and blue houses? Are they like teams?

>This isn't politics related.
where and how people live isn't politics related?

Weren't these kids doing an assignment which let them learn more about the art on their phones?

>no shops nearby
>no services nearby
>traffic
>no public transportation
>every house is almost the same
what the fuck is wrong with america?

You’re boring

>live in suburbs
>big ass garage full of tools
>always have projects to work on
>downtown is ten minutes away
>still never go
Nah bro, you're boring.

>People actually live like this

there you go, i fixed shitty american suburbs by adding:
>parks - green
>small business - blue
>sensible proximity to the city - red

Suburbs lost their neighborhoods. What a mess.

Replace the red with more green and it's good.

yeah wow they don't have your permission we should just murder them all with nuclear weapons

Suburbs are terrible. Either live in the city or in a rural setting. Suburbs are like the worst of both worlds.