Michiko no Hatchin

>Michiko no Hatchin
>Fujiko Mine
>Yuri on Ice
>various 10/10 episodes of Space Dandy, Samurai Champloo, Ergo Proxy

Is Sayo Yamamoto saving anime?

No.

Mine Fujiko was a disgrace to the franchise though.

>yaoi on ice
>saving anime

But i gotta say though, THE best female anime director out there with her current reputation.

Literally who?

Naoko Yamada is miles better.

Fujiko was garbage and Yuri on Ice was unremarkable aside from the ambitious skating and gayness.

Right now it's Makoto Moriwaki. Will be Eunyoung Choi whenever she gets to direct something for real

>Makoto Moriwaki
Literally who?

No, she's a middling director who covers subject material that's somewhat out-of-the-ordinary for anime.

Only ones liking her works are probably fujoshi and anime reviewers on ANN.

I will say she is the better director once she finally functions outside of her crutch studio and staffs. Even a noob director would do a decent job if they're backed with talented animators and storyboarders with the likes kyoani. But at this point she just like to keep staying in her comfort zone.

>Even a noob director would do a decent job if they're backed with talented animators and storyboarders with the likes kyoani.
Kigami, Ishidate, and Yamakan all utterly failed in their debut.
Hell Yamakan got fired for being an incompetent director.

Damn she hasn't been involved in a good series at all. Guess she got lucky with appealing to fujo with yoi.

My wife Yamada is so cute

Yamakan got fired because he tried to rape my beloved Yamada, but he was kinda decent as a director.

Yamakan officially got fired for not being up to par as a director

>Even a noob director would do a decent job if they're backed with talented animators and storyboarders with the likes kyoani.
Do you think all of KyoAni's output is of identical quality then?

She looks fucking crazy.

Literally who?

Their debut was a long time ago when kyoani wasn't yet a big name and their in-house staff wasn't groomed to potential. Now everyone is paying attention the dragon maid anime just because it's being adapted by kyoani. I bet if a newbie director is doing maid dragon right now, it'd still get just as a popular reception.

tl;dr if you're building a reputation in kyoani, you're going to have an easy time

>Yamakan got fired for being an incompetent director
And he got fired from his own studio. That's why i wonder how well would these directors fare outside of kyoani. Let's see if you'd still defend Yamada then.

Ishidate was doomed to fail because he's Kigami's student, maybe if he was under Ishihara he would have nailed it like Yamada did.

Of course, they all have decent production quality, are they not? Weren't you all just gushing at that one scene in maid dragon episode 2?

Yamada is clearly better, and she's also nearly 10 years younger than Yamamoto who's already got a dried up womb

All KyoAni shows have good production quality, but that has nothing to do with the director.

Of course.

Objecting power ranking:

Fujiko Mine > Michiko to Hatchin > Yuri on ice

Deliberate obtuseness is fun